IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

Also, this.  The actual playground (slides, swings, etc) was the only part of the park that was closed.  All of the grassy open area was available for use. 

Additionally, Kleiner Park is freaking huge! (over 58 acres) Plenty of room for kids to run around while still social distancing. (It is very popular, so I guess it could possibly be a problem. I have mostly heard about people being too close together on popular walking and hiking trails, or hot springs, rather than at city parks.)

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JMarie said:

So unsurprisingly everywhere blames foreigners and everywhere has conspiracy theories running riot. More surprisingly in some places these conspiracies are being given oxygen by government either to distract from their own incompetence, pay back perceived slights or because their leaders are... not the full quid.

What surprised me about this is the difficulty of litigating against this guy. Free speech has limits, and I would have thought he'd be coming near to libel at least.

• Upvote 2

An asshole in California did a zoom meeting while drinking beer and tossing his cat 

A planning commissioner of Vallejo, California, has resigned after throwing his pet cat and apparently drinking a beer during a Zoom meeting between city officials that was made public, according to a newspaper report.

During the April 20 teleconference of the city’s Planning Commission, Chris Platzer announced, “I’d like to introduce my cat,” and then picked up his pet before suddenly tossing the animal off-screen.

Platzer was seen sipping from a green bottle during the meeting, the Times-Herald reported. After the conference ended he could be heard making derogatory remarks. “I’m going to call bull— on you little b—s,” according to the original commission meeting video released by the Northern California city.

In an email to the Times-Herald on Saturday, Platzer said he has resigned from the planning commission, effective immediately. The resignation came days before the City Council was set to consider a resolution removing him from the seven-person panel, the newspaper said.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 6

And now we wait....

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending/north-carolina-preacher-claims-he-had-coronavirus-symptoms-while-holding-easter-service/SDLL4TNVV5H3JLZ2QLPDTM53HQ/

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A Charlotte preacher claims he had coronavirus symptoms and still held services packed with people.

Pastor Brian Carn allegedly conducted service at Kingdom City Church on Easter Sunday, and it’s raising eyebrows.

He held a crowded church service on Easter wearing no protection and getting close to his congregation, according to the London Daily Mail. His members refer to him as a prophet, and he urged them to believe in God’s healing power.

“Death obeys me,” he said.

Carn asked his followers to not be honest about where they attend church if they got sick and felt like the needed to go to the doctor.

“But don’t tell ‘em you go to KCC,” Carn said in the audio recording. “Please tell them you go to First Baptist, Elevation or St. Matthews Methodist. Let’s fight the good fight of faith.”

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 7

11 hours ago, 47of74 said:

An asshole in California did a zoom meeting while drinking beer and tossing his cat 

After reading about this guy:

I honestly thought that was a euphemism until I read the quote.

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

46 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I honestly thought that was a euphemism until I read the quote.

Oops! :embarrassed: These lines in the article caught my eye:

A poorly-kept secret industry secret is that the bottom half of a broadcaster’s wardrobe often isn’t as professional as the top half. Usually, though, an anchor desk or a savvy camera operator keeps that casual attire hidden from view. 

The local news show I prefer changed their set last year. The new table the anchors sit at is clear glass. They made a lot of jokes about having to wear pants because of that. :pb_wink:

• Haha 4

What. The. Actual. Hell.

Carn asked his followers to not be honest about where they attend church if they got sick and felt like the needed to go to the doctor.

“But don’t tell ‘em you go to KCC,” Carn said in the audio recording. “Please tell them you go to First Baptist, Elevation or St. Matthews Methodist. Let’s fight the good fight of faith.”

That right there is why he should lose all tax exempt religious status. He is quite obviously using religion as a front to enrich himself if he is encouraging people to lie (which commandment was that again?) to authorities fairly specifically to get him out of trouble and smear rival businesses. 

Also he should be charged with whatever they can throw at him, starting with endangering children (1 count per child that was in attendance at Easter), and work up from there.

• Upvote 12

Do as I say, not as I do....

Kylie Jenner is receiving criticism for seemingly breaking social distancing orders by having her friend Stassie Karanikolaou over to her house on Monday. 

The 22-year-old Kylie Cosmetics founder, who recently bought a $36.5 million mansion, posted a series of videos of her and Karanikolaou laying out by the pool and doing TikTok dances — less than six feet apart — on her Instagram story. 

Jenner and Karanikolaou, both California residents, seemingly ignored the Director of the California Department of Public Health's stay-at-home order, which asks Californians to remain in their place of residence "except as needed to maintain continuity of operation of the federal critical infrastructure sectors." The order was announced on March 19 and remains in place. 

The reality star previously told fans that she's staying home during the pandemic and said that her pregnancy with her daughter Stormi Webster, which she kept a secret, prepared her for quarantine as she "didn't leave the house for months." 

She’s rightfully getting called out on it too.

Kylie must’ve gone to the Mike Pence school of social conduct. 

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Oops! :embarrassed: These lines in the article caught my eye:

The local news show I prefer changed their set last year. The new table the anchors sit at is clear glass. They made a lot of jokes about having to wear pants because of that. :pb_wink:

I don’t know if it’s true or not, but I remember reading that “Hollywood Squares” host Peter Marshall would wear a suit jacket, dress shirt, and tie, with gym shorts underneath.

• Haha 3

The old classmate who posted about millenials complaining about lockdown posted in confusion about bringing guns to the protests. Someone commented, and I'm just...

"I was at the rally, with 2 of my friends. I’ll admit I was taken aback by the people carrying guns. But then, I thought yes, it’s their right. We are truly under a dictator, Whitmer. All three of us are conservative women, who love our country. My life as well as many others has been turned upside down. I won’t get into the details. None of us wanted it to be a Trump rally and we didn’t feel it was, at all. I’ve thought and even said that they want to see how far they can push us, as an experiment, for when they take our guns."

I feel it's been a few decades since the gun scare started, and yet they still have their guns!

Obligatory conspiracy theorist:

I’ve also warned that people doing this because they can/instigate/prove a point are creating a situation where one “bad actor” who is in truth opposed to gun rights, shows up carrying openly and causes trouble to prove every stereotype correct.

I don't think a 'bad actor in truth opposed to gun rights' is needed to prove stereotypes...

And then because I hate when people drag on places they voluntarily moved to:

It sucks that I live in Commiefornia because I can't fully exercise my rights.

YOU MOVED THERE VOLUNTARILY. YOU COULD HAVE STAYED IN MICHIGAN. OR GONE TO TEXAS / SOME OTHER STATE THAT AGREES WITH NO GUN LAWS.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

My life as well as many others has been turned upside down

That is just insanely entitled and tone deaf. The pandemic and associated restrictions didn't arrive to inconvenience this person, no matter how important she thinks she is. Also no shit Sherlock, have you looked around you recently?!

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I hope like hell that is photoshopped to make a point rather than legitimate, because otherwise that is a stunningly ignorant display.

• I Agree 5

10 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I fucking hate Illinois Nazis.

PREACH. 

blues brothers.jpg

I really, truly try to not be a person who thinks like this...but at this point....

Let natural selection take over and let all these stupid fucking protesters catch it and get sick and die.  If they are so utterly selfish and don't give a shit about their fellow man, then I certainly am not going to waste my time giving a shit about them.  I'll be at home cross stitching and digging in my garden.  

I also say that in order to be allowed to protest in public they should all be made to sign waivers refusing all medical care should they catch the virus.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I think this is a time the world is being tested.... and the US is failing dramatically. In my Twitter rounds I see people posting images allegedly from the CDC claiming that only 37k have died (I responded with a link to 64k, they just reposted the same image. I requested a link to their source, since I doubt the CDC is reporting 2 different numbers... also, the date on their image magically changed to May 1 after I observed my data was from May 2nd, not April 25th like their original image).

I've reported the ones I think are bots, but I think too many real people are believing this. Fox "News" has primed their audience to think anything involving the government is over-reach, and now it's so bad even when 'their guy' is in the WH they're still insanely paranoid.

I also see the #FireFauci tag trending, which I assume is because they don't like he's not saying it's a hoax. They really only do trust one man... it's a cult.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Let natural selection take over and let all these stupid fucking protesters catch it and get sick and die. 

The problem is though that they'll probably just catch it, pass it on and recover and the people who will die will be the at risk who have the misfortune to come in contact with them.

At this point I'm basically expecting a disaster in multiple states, and I really hope I'm wrong on this. I keep focusing on the protesters still being a minority - I could live with them all being too sick to vote in November though.

• Upvote 5

On 5/2/2020 at 2:32 PM, AmazonGrace said:

I'm not a card carrying member of the Pritzker fan club but this is totally out of line.  If these people were capable of shame they should be ashamed of themselves.  Pritzker is doing a somewhat better job than our own idiot Governor here in Iowa.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

44 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Pritzker is doing a somewhat better job than our own idiot Governor here in Iowa.

Agreed, but wish the bar wasn't so low.  

• I Agree 1

Friend in a state who has not been lightly hit with COVID-19 (but not hard hit either... yet):
"but I think I'm slipping into being super reclusive, heh. Other than going over and having dinner with my folks yesterday I was just... insular."

Friend also went into work today (apparently in an empty room).

I don't think people know what 'social distancing' is.

• Upvote 3

I'm surprised he didn't plant some burning crosses in the produce aisle: "A man wore a KKK hood at a grocery store after San Diego County required face masks"

Spoiler

Photos of a man wearing a Ku Klux Klan hood while shopping Saturday prompted a harsh rebuke from local leaders in San Diego County, and police now say they’re looking into the unsettling imagery.

The incident took place one day after health officials in the county ordered residents to wear face coverings in public to stymie the spread of covid-19. Tiam Tellez — one of several shoppers who captured photos of the hooded man at a Vons supermarket in Santee, Calif., and posted them on social media — wrote on Facebook that several store employees repeatedly told the man to take off the hood or leave.

Melissa Hill, a spokesperson for Vons, confirmed Tellez’s account and called the incident “alarming." She said the unnamed customer ignored staff requests to remove the hood until he reached the checkout area. At that point, the man removed the hood and purchased his groceries before leaving, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department said in a statement Monday that deputies were not called to the scene Saturday, but “are looking into the matter and will pursue any appropriate criminal charges.”

The photos have garnered reaction from a slew of local authorities, including the regional Anti-Defamation League director as well as Santee’s mayor, John Minto, who called the man’s hood “a sad reminder of intolerance.”

“Santee, its leaders, and I will not tolerate such behavior,” Minto wrote in a statement. “Santee and its citizens are great, and this particular individual’s actions are not representative of us as a people and a wonderful city.”

County Supervisor Dianne Jacob offered similar condemnation, writing that the man’s actions were abhorrent and have “no place in Santee or any part of San Diego County.”

“It is not who we are. It is not what we stand for and can’t be tolerated,” Jacob said.

The incident comes as people of color in the United States grapple with the potential consequences of wearing face coverings like bandannas, especially black men, who fear being racially profiled as criminals or gang members. In March, two black men wearing protective masks recorded themselves being followed by a police officer as they exited a Walmart in Wood River, Ill.

While the men felt they were being profiled, Wood River Police Chief Brad Wells told The Post the officer approached the men because he “believed the two individuals to be acting suspiciously.”

But images of Saturday’s incident in Santee, which have circulated on social media, have invoked an entirely new sense of fear for minority residents. The Los Angeles Times notes that the city has a history of racially motivated attacks and is known by the nicknames “Klantee” and “Santucky.”

On Monday, the president of NAACP San Diego branch, Francine Maxwell, lamented what she called a recent pattern of racial discrimination by local authorities while enforcing social distancing orders and requested an internal review of procedures.

“From biased enforcement in beaches and parks to KKK hoods in the grocery store, covid-19 hasn’t changed racism and discrimination in our society,” the chapter wrote.

image.png.f92bdd51d75d584d25bb4ea202511fbb.png

• WTF 3

Meanwhile in Texas 

Cops in western Texas said they arrested a bar owner and a group of armed men Monday after they violated the state's order.

Ector County Sheriff Mike Griffis said during a news conference Tuesday that his officers were alerted that the owner of Big Daddy Zane's in West Odessa, Texas, opened her bar even though Gov. Greg Abbott's reopening plan explicitly mandated that bars remain closed. When officers arrived, they saw six men in body armor and armed rifles standing outside the establishment, according to Griffis.

"This was not a protest of their second amendment rights. It was a show of force to ensure this lady could violate the governor’s order," Griffis told reporters.

The officers arrested the owner and charged her for violating the governor's orders and arrested the armed men for having weapons on a licensed property, Griffis said. The owner will be fined, according to the sheriff.

Glad they got arrested but would these officers have acted as they did if there was a Democrat in the Governor’s office?  

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic