IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dozens-of-spring-breakers-from-texas-test-positive-for-coronavirus-after-trip-to-mexico/ar-BB11YGHQ?ocid=spartanntp

Health officials in Texas are investigating a cluster of coronavirus cases involving a large group of young adults who have just returned from a poorly timed spring break trip to Mexico.

The group — about 70 people in their 20s — decided to take a chartered flight from Austin to Cabo San Lucas about a week and a half ago despite repeated warnings against unnecessary international travel, including a global do-not-travel advisory issued by the U.S. government on March 19.

At least 28 of them have now been tested positive for COVID-19 and dozens of others are awaiting results, the Austin Public Health Department said Tuesday.

• Upvote 4

facepalm.gif.2d1ee70809737855d8ede12a1542f7d3.gif

• Confused 2
  • Haha 3

This man is going to run 27 buses to gather people into his 8 hour service.

• Disgust 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 3

10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

This man is going to run 27 buses to gather people into his 8 hour service.

Louisiana needs to implement a shelter-in-place order immediately. 

Maybe they could let this guy come minister to inmates if he wants a captive audience. It's pretty obviously all about the need for attention (and probably cash, but tough on that angle) and that would fulfil that need while providing entertainment. Doubt they'd let him go 8 hours though (who the hell goes to an eight hour church service for crying out loud?!)  Also the prison should have a duty of care to inmates... so maybe they can put him in a cell and let him live stream to other cells?

On the one hand I am for freedom of choice... but seriously, if it comes down to a choice to protect the community and dumbass individuals I'd probably go with that.

I hope he can't source either buses or drivers, and if it does go ahead that no one shows up.

• Upvote 7

Pharma Bro wants out of the slammer to help cure COVID-19

Convicted former drug company CEO Martin Shkreli, known as “Pharma Bro,” wants to get out of prison so he can help research a treatment for the coronavirus, his lawyer said Tuesday.

Defense attorney Ben Brafman said that he will file court papers asking federal authorities to release Shkreli for three months so he can do laboratory work “under strict supervision.”

His client — best known before his arrest for drug price-gouging and his snarky online persona — is housed at a low-security prison in Allenwood, Pennsylvania.

“I have always said that if focused and left in a lab, Martin could help cure cancer,” Brafman said in a statement. “Maybe he can help the scientific community better understand this terrible virus.”

I hope the court tells him to go Phfuck himself.

• Upvote 11

Arrested over TP...

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 7

For lack of a better place to put this.  

We have Kanye.  We have Mariah.  We have Tyler Perry and most importantly Osteen is involved.

• WTF 5

7 hours ago, clueliss said:

For lack of a better place to put this.  

We have Kanye.  We have Mariah.  We have Tyler Perry and most importantly Osteen is involved.

I sincerely hope all of them cancel, because that is ridiculous.

Ugh.  Karen’s husband in action

A Kentucky anesthesiologist has been arrested after he was caught on video apparently assaulting several teenagers who were not adhering to social distancing guidelines, which the man going so far as to choke the only black female in the group. 

The incident happened last Saturday near the Norton Commons Amphitheater in Prospect, Kentucky, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported. One of the victims told the station the group was approached by an upset couple who scolded the teens for not social distancing. 

The Louisville Courier-Journal reports that witnesses said the incident started when the man, who has been identified as John Rademaker, 57, and a woman he was with approached a group of nine teens who were watching a sunset at the Norton Commons Amphitheater.

The video starts with a verbal altercation between the couple and the youths. The incident takes a turn when the doctor, clad in a red shirt, shoves three girls and then proceeds to kneel to choke the sole black girl in the group as she is lying on the ground. The woman was seen apparently holding the teen’s leg while the man was choking her. The man had his hands around the victim’s neck for a few seconds before a young man intervened and the teens began shouting at the couple.

This is why anyone gets in my face about what I do or do not do is going to get the cops called on them. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 6

Florida Man obviously can't behave during all this

After declaring that social distancing rules were “getting out of hand,” a customer yesterday “forcefully” coughed on a store cashier and announced that he “goes up to people wearing masks and does the same thing to them,” according to Florida cops.

Investigators allege that Christopher Canfora, a 49-year-old paramedic, intentionally coughed on a female employee at a tool store near his home in DeBary, a city about 25 miles north of Orlando.

As described in a charging affidavit, Canfora approached cashier Amanda Puig around 9:10 AM and commented on tape markers placed on the ground to ensure that patrons stayed six feet apart. The 21-year-old Puig told cops that Canfora remarked, “This is getting out of hand, this is why everywhere I go I cough behind everyone with a mask.”

Seen above, Canfora then allegedly coughed on Puig and “all over the register where he was standing.” Puig told police that “after coughing on her, he stated he was going to be on his way to do this again” at a Winn-Dixie supermarket.

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 7

Iowa woman steps up to the plate

Worried that her methamphetamine was contaminated, an Iowa woman drove to police headquarters and asked cops to check her stash for the coronavirus, according to court records.

Shawn Salmen, 53, arrived at the Sioux City Police Department Sunday afternoon and reportedly admitted to officers that she recently used meth. Which appeared obvious since the paranoid Salmen was sweating profusely and acting erratically, cops say.

While speaking with police, Salmen “was requesting officers to check her narcotics for the COVID-19 Virus,” a criminal complaint states.

During a subsequent pat down of Salmen and a search of her truck, cops recovered 14.4 grams of meth, marijuana, and “a large amount of drug paraphernalia.”

facepalm.gif.2d1ee70809737855d8ede12a1542f7d3.gif

• Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

Here's some thread crossover.

Among the people stupid enough to gather together in a church are these folks. @Joyster found them. They are also stupid enough to have the Rodrigueses sing and preach:

http://www.joybaptistchurchofwaynecounty.com/sunday-afternoon-services-1

And, of course, the Rodrigueses are stupid enough to be going to church.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2

A law student gone stupid. 

I know it sounds bad, but as a society, we should all give ourselves a pat on the back that it took a few weeks into online classes for someone to whip out a gun. I figured this was a “first Thursday” kind of development along with forgetting to mute while your mom says embarrassing stuff, lecture bombing, and accidentally sharing an inappropriate screen. Taking conservative law students regularly rewarded for trolling provocation and then putting them in isolation to stew about their next trick was bound to convince one of them to bring a piece to a lecture.

And now it’s happened! The incoming president of Harvard’s FedSoc chapter decided to spice up the Criminal Procedure: Adjudications Zoom lecture with a firearm, presumably to “own the libs” because that’s the only motivation for anything anymore. And of course he’s not been able to play with his metallic dick during class before since Harvard bans guns on campus. Because of the whole “mass shooting concern” thing.

Just to pre-empt the response here, no, it’s not fine to bring guns to class just because you’re not physically in the room. For clarification, other things you should not brandish during a Zoom class: a dildo, a bloody knife, a dead hooker. Also, please refrain from wearing your swastika pins during class and all the other things we apparently HAVE TO SAY OUT LOUD NOW. Yes, no one is going to get shot when a student whips out a gun in their house to answer the question absolutely no one asked, but that’s not the only reason we don’t consider weaponry an essential study aid.

That it’s disruptive to the learning experience when ersatz Elmer Fudd here pulls out his heater is the very least of the reasons why this is inappropriate. It’s also pretty menacing and can induce anxiety in people who’ve had traumatic, violent experiences in the past. And while it should be enough to appeal to basic decency, it should also give any professional pause. We don’t carry rifles into government buildings — well, actually these dumbasses do — but we shouldn’t. Young people mature — sometimes — but consider the message this level of judgment sends to a character and fitness review or future employer.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Young people mature — sometimes — but consider the message this level of judgment sends to a character and fitness review or future employer.

Isn't law a postgraduate degree in the US? So this student would have to be at least 22? 

Yeah, I would have expected at least some growth and maturing by that point.

Meanwhile, in Australia one state has had to introduce hefty fines for coughing or spitting on essential workers, including police and nurses. 

I'm just going to say now that I do not understand this behaviour at all. 

Spoiler

NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said a disturbing trend of abuse and assault towards people in uniform amid the coronavirus pandemic forced the State Government to introduce penalties for aggressive behaviour.

He said government intervention was necessary because of a "sufficient minority" of people causing harm.

"How incredibly ridiculous is it that anybody could think it's acceptable to spit or caught on frontline health workers, health officials, police or indeed any of our Border Force officials," he said.

"These frontline workers are caring for us and the simple fact is we need to care for them."

The change under the Public Health Regulation 2012 was signed on Thursday after an "urgent" request from NSW Health and representatives from unions for healthcare services and police.

People found intentionally spitting or coughing on police officers during the pandemic could also be jailed for up to six months.

The chief of the Police Association NSW, Tony King, said officers were on the receiving end of "despicable and vile behaviour".

"We've had incidents where people think it's funny to record walking into police stations and coughing and put it up on social media, this is disgusting," Mr King said.

NSW Police reported people receiving fines for not adhering to physical-distancing guidelines were coughing on officers and then claiming they had COVID-19.

Last week, the NSW Nurses and Midwives Association (NMA) reported healthcare workers were being told not to wear their uniformsoutside of the hospital.

Nurses and midwives reported being assaulted on public transport, refused service at grocery stores and spit on by members of the public accusing them of spreading the virus.

NMA general secretary Brett Holmes said he received dozens of reports of abuse from nurses and midwives, some from Thursday morning.

He said he was hearing similar reports from healthcare workers in other states.

"This is a strong message to those people who are ignorantly accusing health workers of spreading the disease because they're travelling to and from work dressed in their uniform," he said.

Mr Holmes said there was a "great deal of aggression" towards NMA members and spitting was on the "serious end" of abuse because it exposed them to COVID-19, which they could take home to their families.

"We've had nurses on trains surrounded by a couple of young persons who then decided that this person was a nurse so therefore they had to cough all over her," he said.

"This is a growing behaviour that needs to be stamped out now."

Unbelievable.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6

11 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Isn't law a postgraduate degree in the US? So this student would have to be at least 22? 

Yeah, I would have expected at least some growth and maturing by that point.

Meanwhile, in Australia one state has had to introduce hefty fines for coughing or spitting on essential workers, including police and nurses. 

I'm just going to say now that I do not understand this behaviour at all. 

Hide contents

NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said a disturbing trend of abuse and assault towards people in uniform amid the coronavirus pandemic forced the State Government to introduce penalties for aggressive behaviour.

He said government intervention was necessary because of a "sufficient minority" of people causing harm.

"How incredibly ridiculous is it that anybody could think it's acceptable to spit or caught on frontline health workers, health officials, police or indeed any of our Border Force officials," he said.

"These frontline workers are caring for us and the simple fact is we need to care for them."

The change under the Public Health Regulation 2012 was signed on Thursday after an "urgent" request from NSW Health and representatives from unions for healthcare services and police.

People found intentionally spitting or coughing on police officers during the pandemic could also be jailed for up to six months.

The chief of the Police Association NSW, Tony King, said officers were on the receiving end of "despicable and vile behaviour".

"We've had incidents where people think it's funny to record walking into police stations and coughing and put it up on social media, this is disgusting," Mr King said.

NSW Police reported people receiving fines for not adhering to physical-distancing guidelines were coughing on officers and then claiming they had COVID-19.

Last week, the NSW Nurses and Midwives Association (NMA) reported healthcare workers were being told not to wear their uniformsoutside of the hospital.

Nurses and midwives reported being assaulted on public transport, refused service at grocery stores and spit on by members of the public accusing them of spreading the virus.

NMA general secretary Brett Holmes said he received dozens of reports of abuse from nurses and midwives, some from Thursday morning.

He said he was hearing similar reports from healthcare workers in other states.

"This is a strong message to those people who are ignorantly accusing health workers of spreading the disease because they're travelling to and from work dressed in their uniform," he said.

Mr Holmes said there was a "great deal of aggression" towards NMA members and spitting was on the "serious end" of abuse because it exposed them to COVID-19, which they could take home to their families.

"We've had nurses on trains surrounded by a couple of young persons who then decided that this person was a nurse so therefore they had to cough all over her," he said.

"This is a growing behaviour that needs to be stamped out now."

Unbelievable.

Right there with you on the incredulity. We have covidiots doing that type of thing here too. Recently some guys coughed on police officers who were rebuking them for not adhering to the social distancing rules.

Now they’re in jail.

• Upvote 9

Wanted to give y'all a heads up that there is a different understanding of herd immunity among some anti-vaxx  groups.  They believe that healthy people should just go ahead and get The 'Rona (it's like a cold, not that bad!), have immunity going forward, and Voila! herd immunity.  Of course, they also believe that quarantine orders are a terrifying assault on their rights. 

Jon Rappoport at NoMoreFakeNews.com, which is an actual fake news outlet (5G kills!), promotes this as does one credentialed epidemiologist out of thousands and thousands of epidemiologists and of course these folks have glommed on to this guy. 

Graham Ledger on One America News promotes this

When you isolate tens of millions of people in their homes, you are blocking the natural herd immunity...

and I'm sure a slew of  frothy-right radio hosts have hopped on the band wagon.

Of course, Texas anti-vaxx histrionics have already ramped up over CV-19 inoculation. 

Texas Anti-Vaxxers Fear Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccines More Than the Virus Itself

As one person points out in this article, the problem when a vaccine is available is that initially, there will be so much demand there won't be enough doses to go around.  

• Thank You 5

Also, Britain's PM Boris "herd immunity!" Johnson spent three nights in intensive care this week with COVID complications. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

"ersatz Elmer Fudd" going to have to remember that one.  

I hope all these people who feel like covid is no big deal go volunteer to help carry covid pts from their homes when they call the ambulance so I don't have to get exposed.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/us/ammon-bundy-easter-gathering-idaho/index.html?ref=hvper.com

(CNN)Ammon Bundy, the rancher who led an armed occupation of a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon, said he plans on holding an Easter gathering despite stay-at-home orders implemented during the coronavirus pandemic.

Bundy told CNN he wants to gather several hundred people in Idaho at a yet-to-be-announced location. He said he believes it's his constitutional right to assemble, even as state and local officials urge people to socially distance to avoid spreading the virus further.

Bundy, 44, didn't seem concerned about the possibility of catching or spreading the novel coronavirus.

"I actually want the virus," he said. "I'm healthy, my family is healthy. I'd rather have it now so my body is immune to it."

• WTF 6

3 hours ago, JMarie said:

Everyone is healthy... until they aren't. He has no guarantee that catching the virus would lead to him having mild disease. The median age of confirmed cases is Australia is 47. An awful lot of middle aged men and women are in hospital with it at the moment. 

So Bundy... do you feel lucky, punk?

And let's not forget that he is likely in contact with other people for whom contracting the virus would be a death sentence. Some of them are probably even people he likes. 

So Bundy... do you want to be responsible for their deaths?

10 hours ago, mamallama said:

"ersatz Elmer Fudd" going to have to remember that one.  

I hope all these people who feel like covid is no big deal go volunteer to help carry covid pts from their homes when they call the ambulance so I don't have to get exposed.

I feel like anyone who has publically  expressed a wish to "just get it so I have immunity" should be mandated to work on the front lines. Paramedic helpers, cleaners in isolation rooms etc. Yes, give them PPE, but until they do come down with it they go to work and to an isolation room where they stay to protect their families, that is it. Just follow the guidelines, arseholes.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, JMarie said:

(CNN)Ammon Bundy

I need more sleep - at first glance, I read this as cinnamon bundy.

Sadly, he is not that delicious, and is probably stupider than the average pastry.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Wish I could say I was surprised. So, are they calling this the "Pentecostal cluster"? Because I would be using the church name as the cluster name so that others hopefully get the point.

So I finally read the full article. The pastors went to a conference in Chicago, where they were most likely infected. They thought about cancelling postponing their service on March 14th but went ahead with it because they had a guest speaker and had been promoting it for a while.

At least 43 of the 80 people who attended are now ill, including a man who was being treated for cancer and who is now on a ventilator.

The pastor is also ill, and:

"Layna LoCascio also posted a video on the church’s Facebook page explaining that she has been treating her husband with garlic."

!!!

I don't know how much information there was out there in their region on March 14th (feels like aeons ago) but the fact that they considered postponing/cancelling and didn't makes me think there was at least some and they just decided to risk it.

And here they are. I really hope they name the cluster after them.

Edited by Ozlsn
read more, got angry
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic