IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

I can't believe anyone actually believes Jim Bakker.

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1

Former Missouri Governor Jay Nixon (Dem as I recall) believes him.

Utah County for the win

• Sad 3
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 1

This is a depth of stupidity that just boggles the mind (although, in a way, I'm only surprised that it took so long to see something like this).

I don't know where this originated, but Becky Hawkins (wife of Bro Gary) re-posted  it:

image.png.7736ec02b4deba57ab6e8c73e08a2714.png

Edited by thoughtful
Satan made me mess up my punctuation.
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 12

3 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Well, for once, I'm in agreement with these covidiots. Let everyone who refuses to wear a mask boycott and stay away from these stores. That way they can't infect other people who do care about protecting themselves and others.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Costco is even a club store. I'm not allowed to shop there at all, since I don't have a membership. I'm not ranting about my "rights" - it's a private company, for cryin' out loud!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

Hell. They can try to boycott Costco but they will only hurt themselves.

FWIW, I sent Costco a sincere "thank you" email over the mask rule.  I wanted to cancel out the appalling Zsu's advice!  And fuck Becky too.

Not that I've been to Costco myself recently, but they delivered dog food and other stuff in a very timely manner.

I've been  a dedicated Costco member and shopper for several years.  It makes me feel a bit safer if I have to venture out to the store again.  Wish more stores and clubs would do the same thing.

• Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Hell. They can try to boycott Costco but they will only hurt themselves.

FWIW, I sent Costco a sincere "thank you" email over the mask rule.  I wanted to cancel out the appalling Zsu's advice!  And fuck Becky too.

Not that I've been to Costco myself recently, but they delivered dog food and other stuff in a very timely manner.

I've been  a dedicated Costco member and shopper for several years.  It makes me feel a bit safer if I have to venture out to the store again.  Wish more stores and clubs would do the same thing.

FWIW, I've been going to a store (Target or Wal-Mart or a supermarket, whatever I'm in the mood for) about once a week). Masks are mandatory here in PA; there are signs on every single doorway.  I haven't seen any issues with people refusing to wear a mask. I think everyone is falling into one of three categories: the governor says I need to wear a mask, so I will, I don't want to get me or others sick, or I'm too tired to cause a commotion. That's what I'd like to think, anyway.

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, JMarie said:

FWIW, I've been going to a store (Target or Wal-Mart or a supermarket, whatever I'm in the mood for) about once a week). Masks are mandatory here in PA; there are signs on every single doorway.  I haven't seen any issues with people refusing to wear a mask. I think everyone is falling into one of three categories: the governor says I need to wear a mask, so I will, I don't want to get me or others sick, or I'm too tired to cause a commotion. That's what I'd like to think, anyway.

I have not been going to stores, but I am high risk.  But, like you, I live in a state that has instituted a mandatory mask rule.  And a state that has a gruesome death count.  My supportive message to Costco was to encourage it to hold the line.  Everywhere!  In all states regardless of silly boycotters.

Other states may be in la-la land but they will almost certainly be hit too.  This is not over.  By a long shot.

ETA. To clarify: My closest Costco is just over the state line where they do not have a mandatory mask rule.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

There's just such a logical disconnect from the people who are all "Costco can't force me to wear a mask! I have freedom!!" - you just know they're the exact same group of people who were loudly proclaiming that bakers should be able to refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay couple.

Apparently companies only have freedom to choose their policies if it lines up with your personal belief system.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

It’s like those people who say “Entertainers should just shut up and sing/play/act and leave their politics out of it(unless, of course, they happen to agree with me).”

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Oh FFS. Jacob Wohl has crawled out of his hole again. He's as if Wile E Coyote was reborn as a Branch Trumpvidian.

• WTF 4

I'll just pop this here as proof that not all Americans are out of their minds.  My bolding.

As shutdowns continue in Massachusetts, residents have voiced their support for efforts to curb the spread of coronavirus and believe in the kindness of their neighbors amid the ongoing health crisis.

In a new poll conducted by Suffolk University in concert with WGBH News and The Boston Globe, Massachusetts residents were surveyed last week regarding the local response to COVID-19 and disruptions to their day-to-day lives.

Gov. Charlie Baker saw strong support for his administration’s efforts. About 84% of respondents said they approve of how he is handling the coronavirus outbreak in Massachusetts. About 10% disapprove. The remaining 6% were undecided or declined to answer.

President Donald J. Trump saw significantly lower approval numbers in the Bay State. About a quarter of respondents said they approved of the president’s response to the outbreak. About 66% said they disapproved. Just under 9% said they were undecided.

When asked of the stay-at-home advisory for Massachusetts being extended until May 18, 85.2% of respondents said they supported the measure.

When asked how long they could endure their “current situation," the most popular response was “indefinitely.”

About 37.6% responded they could endure shutdowns as long as they’re needed. About 28.6% of respondents said “a few more months” while about 21.4% said a few more weeks.

About 7.2% said they could not endure this much longer - up about 5% from a poll in late March.

https://www.masslive.com/news/2020/05/massachusetts-residents-overwhelmingly-approve-of-gov-charlie-bakers-response-to-coronavirus-new-poll-shows.html

Governor Charlie Baker is a Republican.  Granted he is a MA Republican -- not an average Republican because they can't get elected in MA unless they are practically "Liberal".   That 4 letter L word.

Charlie is  a long-term moderate Republican with a strong background in health care.  MA is lucky to have him right now.  Although he wasn't my first choice for Governor.

A couple of MA former Republican governors have been thorns in Trumpie's flesh.  To whit, Bill Weld and Mitt Romney.  I like neither of them but at least they have both had the guts to challenge Trump.  Unlike so many other Republicans who are grovelling to the Orange Pig.,

I wish other states were as fortunate as MA.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 9

15 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

There's just such a logical disconnect from the people who are all "Costco can't force me to wear a mask! I have freedom!!" - you just know they're the exact same group of people who were loudly proclaiming that bakers should be able to refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay couple.

Apparently companies only have freedom to choose their policies if it lines up with your personal belief system.

Oh, the conservatives are having a field day with the mask thing! I can't breathe! They're making me sick on purpose! Or, the government's controlling me! What's next in their control plan? Or, that Plandemic lady says masks are unnecessary and harmful! Bill. Gates. Is. Not. A. Doctor! Zsu wants us to lie about medical conditions we don't have so we don't need to wear a mask (and because of HIPAA, store employees can't ask what that condition is). Lori Alexander wants us to stop wearing masks and thong bikinis, and stop using hand sanitizer. TAM is all about my rights! my rights! and, oh yeah, abortion and trying to get online Teen Vogue shut down (since she alone got the print version shut down). But every so often, there's a comment that gives me hope.  That one person who says they should, as Christians, joyfully make a sacrifice for others. It's what the Good Samaritan would do, says other commenter. No hard to understand sciency stuff. Just appealing to people's religious beliefs.  And those comments get slaughtered. Every time.

• Upvote 10

Well, I just got off the phone with my mom (because mother's day). Some tidbits:

* Hydroxychloroquine cures COVID-19, there are French studies saying so. And they don't have to be monitored for side effects.
* Dr. Fauci is Dr. Death, and he had Judy Mikovits imprisoned for trying to speak the truth.
* She signed the petition to remove Gov. Whitmer from office because 'she overstepped her authority'.
* Her life hasn't changed. She managed to get through Walmart and Meijer, but the "Nazis" at Whole Foods wouldn't let her in without a mask, damn Bezos! Also, doctors say wearing a mask is bad for your health.
* Bill Gates dropped out of college and deals with computers, but we should trust a vaccine he makes? I did send her a text about this one while she was talking, noting he donated the money to fund the research, and wasn't actually creating the vaccine himself.
* A lot of people from Chicago are coming up to MI. She hopes after this, her property will be more valuable.
* Chemtrails.

She also said she likes to think things through rationally, and has debates with herself.

And that is why I was dreading the call! Can never just be a pleasant chat... but all this is probably what was going through the minds of the 'protesters'.

ETA: She responded to my text! "They are all connected. He will make money and he is evil."

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • WTF 1
  • Love 11

I was telling my mom in the Las Vegas area that it might be a good time to go to Costco as where she lives, most people don't wear masks, and people ignore social distancing, so if you're wondering how that mayor of Las Vegas got elected, now you know. She might find that because of the mask policy, she won't have the usual crowds there. In fact, while I've been avoiding Costco myself when this started, I think I might make a trip just to give them my support. Masks have been required in my county and city for about a month now, and most people understand this and have been wearing them.

• Upvote 6

A Branch Covidian just got his ass fired

The Thompson & Knight law firm fired a Dallas-based administrative manager Friday after he allegedly posted a threat on social media against businesses with Covid-19 face mask requirements that had references to a handgun and hollow point-bullets.

Screenshots of the “no more masks” rant began appearing on Twitter Friday, with several users claiming it was authored by a Kevin Bain. Bain has worked since 2009 as the law firm’s document services manager, according to his Linkedin profile.

B4F3FDD1-2994-46C5-BF9F-AA7154896A9F.jpeg.f2786429a38ae52c9db353144c31665d.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 3

2 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

ETA: She responded to my text! "They are all connected. He will make money and he is evil."

Next time she mentions donating money to something ask.her how much money she expects to make off it.

Meanwhile, anti-vax conspiracy fuckwits held an anti-lockdown protest in Melbourne, Australia, proving the US doesn't have a monopoly on idiots. That is the actual headline of the article by the way, I think the editor is as frustrated as I am with the likelihood that this will extend the lockdown by 2 weeks minimum.

The shopping centres here were apparently crowded over the weekend as well, so not all down to them - but yeah, fully anticipating another spike in 2 weeks. Yay.

• Upvote 2

I came up with a good response to fuck nuggets who don't want to wear masks when they're out in public.  That being, "Fuck you, if I have to delay my commencement for a fucking year then guess the fuck what, you can fucking well wear a goddamn mask, you fucking infant."

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

* Chemtrails.

I haven't seen this one come up in discussions. But hey, while they're throwing around conspiracies, might as well throw this one in as well. Except... there aren't that many planes flying anymore. And yet there are still chemtrails being made?

:huh:

• Upvote 6

@Ozlsn She's never told me about donating $ (except for when she talked about donating to John James... but that was also a suggestion of what I could get her for Christmas ?) though I could bring up her donations to WinRed, which would freak her out. And knowing it's public, might dissuade her from doing so again! She doesn't want her name out there, because you know, 'they' might find it.

@JMarie I am so not a conspiracy theorist, but there were a lot of small white planes flying over their corner of MI, and a Google search indicated to me that people there have been posting about it since 2000. Of course, I naturally assumed there was a reasonable reason for it, and Mom jumps to 'they're spraying us!'

• Upvote 4

They're protesting not being able to exercise by exercising. Got it.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

They're protesting not being able to exercise by exercising. Got it.

Oh for the love of...

So the gym I go to has been shut for... 6 weeks I think? The owner (it's a small, friendly gym) has been emailing us weekly suggested workouts that can be done at home/in the park without equipment needed. One of the trainers has been running Zoom boot camps and Zumba sessions (which are hilarious). There's a whatsapp group where we compare notes, chat, some of us get competitive with each other (this happens on site too) in a friendly way and talk about the dumb things going on. We've had Zoom Friday night drinks. 

My longwinded point here is that exercise is pretty easy to do off site (assuming you're not in total lockdown like Italy and Spain were, and even then it's not impossible). The gym could be setting up a culture online to encourage people. It's not going to be forever, sheesh, and the machines and weights etc are nice but not essential.

Also is this where Scientology has headquarters? Now I'm really wondering how much transmission SeaOrg has going.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic