IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 3: We're Down To Old White Men...And Fucking Kanye.

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'll change it back when Kanye drops out. Until then: Maximum 2020 reached...

I... kind of want to see Kim Kardashian as First Lady. But not Kanye as President.

Can Michelle Obama run, please?? If not now then next time?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I... kind of want to see Kim Kardashian as First Lady. But not Kanye as President.

Kim would be a better president than Kanye.

I really don't like her, but she's managed to successfully create and maintain a business, at least. (Heck, she's better at business than Trump, I think!) And she's apparently taking law classes so is at least willing to learn new things.

Honestly I'd vote for a turnip before Trump. But Kanye? Really? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I don't think he can even get on the ballot at this point. IIRC, several dates have a June deadline because they start printing in July, and quite a few have an end of July deadline. Last I looked, he hadn't even filed paperwork yet. Methinks an attention grabber is grabbing attention. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

Senator Lawn Mower ain't gonna attend the Klan Rally GOP Convention

Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley said he will not attend the 2020 Republican National Convention. The senator plans to skip the event over COVID-19 concerns.

Grassley is the oldest Republican in the Senate at 86 years old.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Please let us know if some of his constituents go after him over this. The crazies here in Texas would. :doh:

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Susan and Lisa aren't going either. I guess Susan was "very concerned", like she has been about twitler's atrocities:

• Upvote 7

Wading in here to ask ... does Kanye even know that 20/20 vision means average, normal, nothing out of the ordinary?

Why would you want something which means ‘run of the mill’ as your catch phrase?

• Upvote 5

On 7/6/2020 at 9:15 PM, Ozlsn said:

As much as I would love President Michelle Obama...

Given the amount of shit she endured as First Lady, can you imagine how much more would get thrown at her if she ran?  We’d never hear the end of “ShE’s ReAlLy A MaN!” ? 

ETA:  Kanye’s announcement reminds me of when Eagles guitarist Joe Walsh jokingly ran for President in 1980(he was only 33, so he wasn’t eligible).

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, smittykins said:

As much as I would love President Michelle Obama...

Given the amount of shit she endured as First Lady, can you imagine how much more would get thrown at her if she ran?  We’d never hear the end of “ShE’s ReAlLy A MaN!” ? 

I don't think she would ever want to run for office. I read her book and she did not seem to be a fan of politics. I got the sense that she loved her husband and put up with it for him.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, Ali said:

I don't think she would ever want to run for office. I read her book and she did not seem to be a fan of politics. I got the sense that she loved her husband and put up with it for him.

She has stated many times she doesn't want to run for office. 

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not an immediate fan of her running. Not because I don't think she's a nice, or even good person, but because being nice, good, popular, friendly, good-looking, or whatever, shouldn't be the main reason that drives you to vote for them. You should strive to vote for the person who is the best qualified to do the job. 

If she were to be the best qualified, then sure, let her run. But not because people liked her as a First Lady -- which is an entirely different role altogether.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

In ‘Buy American’ Speech, Biden Challenges Trump on the Economy

Joseph R. Biden Jr. laid out a populist economic vision to revive and reinvest in American manufacturing on Thursday, calling for major new spending and stricter new rules to “Buy American” as part of an effort to more aggressively challenge President Trump on two of his signature issues: the economy and nationalism.

In a speech in the battleground state of Pennsylvania, Mr. Biden lacerated Mr. Trump for a bungled response to the coronavirus pandemic that has deepened the economic crisis and a misplaced focus on the stock market, while framing his own economic agenda around a new campaign tagline, “Build Back Better.”

Mr. Biden said his plans would leverage trade, tax and investment policy to spur domestic innovation, reduce the reliance on foreign manufacturing and create five million additional American manufacturing and innovation jobs.

“I do not buy for one second that the vitality of American manufacturing is a thing of the past,” Mr. Biden said, speaking at a metalworks factory in Dunmore not far from this childhood home of Scranton, a place where Mr. Biden often returns rhetorically to emphasize his blue-collar roots.

“When the federal government spends taxpayers’ money, we should use it to buy American products and support American jobs,” he added.

On the same day, Vice President Mike Pence embarked on a Trump campaign bus tour across Pennsylvania, a sign of the state’s significance in the Electoral College calculations of both campaigns.

Mr. Biden’s campaign is riding high in the polls but his advisers, as well as Republican strategists, still see the economy as perhaps his area of greatest vulnerability against Mr. Trump. The president’s campaign — and the president himself when on message — has tried to argue that he oversaw a booming economy until the coronavirus pandemic brought about an “artificial” slowdown. 

House Republican leaders recently briefed their members on polling showing Mr. Trump’s enduring advantage on the economy, and a recent New York Times/Siena College poll showed the economy as perhaps a lone bright spot for the president, even as he trailed by 14 percentage points overall.

In some ways, Mr. Biden was seizing the “Buy American” message from Mr. Trump himself, who campaigned on an “America First” agenda in 2016 and wrote on Twitter on his Inauguration Day that “Buy American” was one of “two simple rules” that would guide his administration. (The other was “hire American.”)

Mr. Biden has long cast himself as a champion of the American worker, particularly as vice president, when he led the Obama administration’s Middle Class Task Force and oversaw implementation of the 2009 economic stimulus bill. But he has faced criticism from Mr. Trump and from former liberal rivals like Senator Bernie Sanders over his support for the North American Free Trade Agreement in the 1990s and other trade deals that followed.

On Thursday, the Trump campaign announced a new television ad attacking Mr. Biden’s record as “dangerous and foolish,” highlighting Mr. Biden’s vote for NAFTA in 1993 and his past support for trade relations with China and for the Trans-Pacific Partnership as vice president.

The Pennsylvania speech is the first of several steps Mr. Biden is taking in the coming weeks to detail an expanded economic agenda, beyond what he proposed in the primaries. On Thursday, Mr. Biden specifically proposed a $300 billion increase in government spending on research and development of technologies like electric vehicles and 5G cellular networks, as well as an additional $400 billion in federal procurement spending on products that are manufactured in the United States.

Mr. Biden described it as a level of investment “not seen since the Great Depression and World War II” and emphasized that among his top priorities is to expand prosperity to all corners of the country, both racial and geographic.

“This money will be used purposefully to ensure all of America is in on the deal, including communities that historically have been left out: Black, brown and Native American entrepreneurs, cities and towns everywhere,” he said.

Mr. Biden’s campaign is rallying top surrogates in key battleground states to amplify and showcase his economic message on Friday: Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota will hold a roundtable discussion aimed at Arizona voters, Senators Tammy Duckworth and Tammy Baldwin will do one for Wisconsin, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan will headline one for her state and Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio will hold one for his state.

His campaign aides cheered on Twitter that the three leading cable news networks — CNN, Fox News and MSNBC — carried Mr. Biden’s speech live, even as his remarks were briefly interrupted by a audible downpour at the plant.

As Mr. Trump has increasingly focused his campaign on stoking white resentment and fears, Mr. Biden and his campaign have stressed their efforts to increase opportunities for Black, Latino, Asian-American and other workers. “An economy for every American,” Mr. Biden said on Thursday.

“Donald Trump may believe that pitting Americans against Americans may benefit him. I don’t,” he said. Later in his speech, he invoked Mr. Trump’s recent comments defending the Confederate flag and accused the president of being “determined to drive us apart.”

While Mr. Biden has said in speeches since he began his campaign more than a year ago that Wall Street is not the true economic engine of America, he sharpened his tone on Thursday, saying it was “way past time to put an end to shareholder capitalism.”

He lashed Mr. Trump, in particular, for his focus on the stock market as a metric of success as tens of millions of Americans have been driven to file jobless claims during the ongoing pandemic. “Throughout this crisis, Donald Trump has been almost singularly focused on the stock market, the Dow, Nasdaq,” Mr. Biden said. “Not you. Not your families.”

Aides also said that Mr. Biden, the former vice president, would propose additional deficit spending next year to help the economy recover from the recession caused by the pandemic, building on the more than $3 trillion in new borrowing that Congress and Mr. Trump have already approved amid the crisis.

Mr. Biden has thus far proposed to offset the entirety of his spending plans with nearly $4 trillion in tax increases, largely by reversing some of Mr. Trump’s signature tax cuts for high earners and otherwise raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations. Aides said he would do the same to fund his procurement and research plans.

Mr. Biden proposed the smallest amount of new federal spending among the major Democratic contenders during the presidential primary race, and his plan, despite its new spending, remains far less expensive than those proposed by his former rivals, like Mr. Sanders of Vermont and Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts.

Mr. Biden has sought to straddle the line on economic policy and elsewhere between his moderate political instincts and a progressive wing of the party that lined up in the primaries behind candidates, like Mr. Sanders and Ms. Warren, who promised sweeping and systemic change.

On Wednesday, a Biden-Sanders “unity task force” published 110 pages of platform recommendations, including plans on the economy. Its recommendations included more sweeping proposals than Mr. Biden has embraced in the campaign, including a New Deal-style federal jobs program to use government funds to put Americans to work on infrastructure and other projects. The recommendations also included a so-called baby bonds proposal that would seek to reduce wealth disparities between Black and white Americans by giving every child in the country a government-funded savings account.

Mr. Biden is planning four rollouts ahead of the Democratic National Convention in August on his plans to “mobilize the American people” for challenges in a future Biden administration. The speech on Thursday was the first in the series.

The next three, according to a campaign document, will be on “modern infrastructure and an equitable, clean energy future,” then a plan “to build a 21st-century caregiving and education work force” followed by a plan “to advance racial equity in America.”

Here's his speech in full:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Oh, now I wish I could join in the fun! It's such a good idea, and so easy to do.

• Upvote 6

So true.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2

8 hours ago, fraurosena said:

:56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

Well, the GOP knows the truth, and not all of them are willing to expose themselves to infection.  But they're perfectly happy to allow or even encourage others to gamble on it.  

I'm starting to think that those rumors about Trump getting weekly infusions of plasma from people who have recovered from Corona is true.  If so, does he insist that only plasma from white people be used?

• Upvote 3

Not surprised:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Of course, in Trumplandia, GOPers dropping out of the convention are just trying to make Trump look bad.

Good job, GOP, you're supporting someone who's happily willing to risk your health!

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, fraurosena said:

:56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

Outside in the middle of summer...in Florida?

Enjoy your heatstroke, assholes.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

If it was on Faux, it must be true...

image.png.92a479afd66dc14ca10693fa510d7d63.png

• Haha 15

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Outside in the middle of summer...in Florida?

Enjoy your heatstroke, assholes.

I saw someone point out that it's also during hurricane season.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

On 7/9/2020 at 10:55 AM, fraurosena said:

She has stated many times she doesn't want to run for office. 

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not an immediate fan of her running. Not because I don't think she's a nice, or even good person, but because being nice, good, popular, friendly, good-looking, or whatever, shouldn't be the main reason that drives you to vote for them. You should strive to vote for the person who is the best qualified to do the job. 

If she were to be the best qualified, then sure, let her run. But not because people liked her as a First Lady -- which is an entirely different role altogether.

Another likely unpopular opinion...I think family of a President out to the third degree of kinship should be ineligible to run for President until 40 years after their family member has left office.  I don't like the idea of political dynasties getting going around here and I think such dynasties cause more problems than they're worth.  (Looking at you Bush).  Yes, that might keep some good people out of the Oval Office but in a country over over 300 million there are plenty of qualified people to run for office.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I saw someone point out that it's also during hurricane season.

Don't forget about the Palmetto bugs and giant mosquitoes.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Don't forget about the Palmetto bugs and giant mosquitoes.

I would love to see some of the crazy Florida bugs fly right into the Mango Moron's huge mouth.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Counting down to a Trump tweet on how Biden‘s (and Kanye‘s) subpar Twitter Account Security makes them unsuitable for office. Jeez, I sure wonder why the Trump account wasn’t targeted by hackers. /sarcasm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/15/technology/twitter-hack-bill-gates-elon-musk.html

Spoiler

Some of the biggest names in American politics, entertainment and technology, including Joseph R. Biden Jr., Kanye West, Bill Gates and Elon Musk, appeared to have had their Twitter accounts hacked on Wednesday.

The accounts sent messages related to cyptocurrency, with most of the messages promising to double the money of anyone who sent Bitcoin to a specific cryptocurrency wallet. Within hours of the tweets appearing, nearly 300 people had fallen for the scam, sending more than $100,000 to the wallet. Many of the tweets were quickly removed, but in some cases similar tweets were sent again from the same accounts.

Twitter sent out a message saying that it was investigating the problem and looking to fix it. The Biden campaign said, “Twitter locked down the account immediately following the breach and removed the related tweet. We remain in touch with Twitter on the matter.”

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic