IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 3: We're Down To Old White Men...And Fucking Kanye.

GreyhoundFan

I'm glad to read this:

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 7/1/2020 at 1:15 PM, nausicaa said:

Yeah, I can completely see him dropping out. 

He is at heart a spoiled, entitled child. Think of the kid who is losing in checkers and then just suddenly stands up and says "I'm bored. I'm done with this" and walks away with the game unfinished

I suppose that this is the difference between checkers and chess .  

No one likes to resign, but we are all happy to accept the opponent’s capitulation. So, when is it the perfect time to wave the white flag?

Of course, you have heard the cliché 'it’s never too late to resign' and 'no one has ever won a game by resigning'. However, one shouldn’t keep playing in totally hopeless positions. This is both disrespectful toward your opponent and a way of squandering your own resources, such as energy and time, which you may need in later rounds. If it’s dead certain that you will lose, why keep suffering instead of going home and spending the evening with your family, relaxing, and preparing for the next game?

https://www.chess.com/article/view/when-should-one-resign  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Fine with me. He couldn't manage being classy like Obama or any other actual president, so let him go sulk at Mar-a-Loco:

It doesn’t surprise me. If it’s not all about him, he doesn’t want to be there, of course. And, also of course, he could never gracefully admit defeat...

Somehow I don’t think he’ll be cowering at one of his properties though. He’ll probably be on a plane on his way to a country that has no extradition treaty with the US.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, fraurosena said:

That blue tsunami is coming. No doubt about it.

God, I hope you're right. I will be sick with nerves every time I think about this until February next year, I think, and that's from someone who isn't even American and so not directly affected by him.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Hmm, so Kanye will split the nutjob vote with the tangerine toddler.

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Is this serious?  I thought he was all MAGA - is he doing this to try to siphon off Biden votes and help Trump? Or just crazy?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Hmm, so Kanye will split the nutjob vote with the tangerine toddler.

A lot of Trumpers would never vote for a black man.  They are still freaking out about Obama.  I'd like to think no one would vote for him, but I thought that about Trump and look how that turned out.

• I Agree 9

Well. Why not, I suppose, given how 2020 is going so far. I guess the thread needs a new title?

We’re down to old white men... and fucking Kanye.

Edited by Smee
  • Haha 11
  • Love 2

If the black vote goes with Kanye then Biden loses. 

Kanye is doing this as a strategy to help Trump.

• I Agree 10
  • Love 1

I can kinda sorta see why working class whites, frightened old dudes, and racists like and vote for Trump, but why the hell does Kanye West support him?  

33 minutes ago, Becky said:

I can kinda sorta see why working class whites, frightened old dudes, and racists like and vote for Trump, but why the hell does Kanye West support him?  

I imagine the support and the announcement of running for president are all part of a publicity stunt, just like pretty much everything his in-laws do.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I imagine the support and the announcement of running for president are all part of a publicity stunt, just like pretty much everything his in-laws do.

I hope so, but I thought the exact same thing about Trump.  I thought he was running as a publicity stunt until the very end.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I hope so, but I thought the exact same thing about Trump.  I thought he was running as a publicity stunt until the very end.

Two things:

1. Kanye running is a publicity stunt to promote his new album. He's an attention whore supreme and this is giving him a shit-ton of attention. Politically his stunt will amount to nothing. People who are voting for Biden are voting for him because he represents calm and competence, empathy and expertise. Kanye offers none of those things. 

2. I haven't completely discounted the idea that Trump ran as a publicity stunt -- at least in the beginning--  but it got completely out of hand.

• Upvote 10

31 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

2. I haven't completely discounted the idea that Trump ran as a publicity stunt -- at least in the beginning--  but it got completely out of hand.

I still wonder too

• Upvote 4

I still wonder too

I don’t think so. Being President is too lucrative for 45. He wanted that from the beginning.
As of Kanye, I saw it coming, just not for this election. He sees himself as jesus, he‘s truly narcissistic. I think he does run for P in order to help Trump.
  • Upvote 2

The other way stupid Kanye's running would help twitler is by being a distraction. I wouldn't put it past either of them to have cooked it up to distract from any or all of the following:

• BLM protests
  • Twitler's white power love
  • Russia
  • Covid
  • General corruption of the entire sham administration
  • Upvote 5

Not sure if this should go here or Trump thread, but as it's an election ad this one won the coin toss...

Trump Camp Vows to Protect Brazil’s Most Iconic Statue From Left Wing Mobs 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-camp-vows-to-protect-brazil-s-most-iconic-statue-from-left-wing-mobs/ar-BB16oTkN?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

BB16oOUs.jpg

• WTF 3
  • Haha 7

On 7/4/2020 at 2:51 AM, fraurosena said:

It doesn’t surprise me. If it’s not all about him, he doesn’t want to be there, of course. And, also of course, he could never gracefully admit defeat...

Somehow I don’t think he’ll be cowering at one of his properties though. He’ll probably be on a plane on his way to a country that has no extradition treaty with the US.

Trump couldn't possibly handle attending an inauguration for someone else. Especially considering the scanty crowds at his own.

On 7/5/2020 at 9:50 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I still think it was a publicity stunt that went way too far, but because he can't ever be wrong he just ran with it and now likes the power he got from it.

35 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Not sure if this should go here or Trump thread, but as it's an election ad this one won the coin toss...

Trump Camp Vows to Protect Brazil’s Most Iconic Statue From Left Wing Mobs 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-camp-vows-to-protect-brazil-s-most-iconic-statue-from-left-wing-mobs/ar-BB16oTkN?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

BB16oOUs.jpg

Can we add an amendment to the constitution that candidates for president have to be able to pass the citizenship test, be screened for personality disorders, and meet some minimum job requirements other than age? Like passing a background check? 

I feel like there are stronger requirements for working at McDonald's than for being president. The founding fathers were literate and educated and didn't ever imagine the future existence of reality TV and celebrity culture. I'm pretty sure it never occurred to them that people this stupid would be able to become president.

Also - sorry Kanye. Twitter isn't how you declare that you are running for office. There's actual forms to fill out and such, I think.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

On 7/5/2020 at 5:16 PM, Smee said:

Well. Why not, I suppose, given how 2020 is going so far. I guess the thread needs a new title?

We’re down to old white men... and fucking Kanye.

Thank you so much for that. I don't usually post here but I saw the title change and lost it laughing. 2020 is just the gift that keeps on giving really.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

32 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Thank you so much for that. I don't usually post here but I saw the title change and lost it laughing. 2020 is just the gift that keeps on giving really.

I'll change it back when Kanye drops out. Until then: Maximum 2020 reached...

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Maximum 2020 reached...

Hush! Don't tempt fate!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic