IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 3: We're Down To Old White Men...And Fucking Kanye.

GreyhoundFan

Um...

• WTF 7

Gee, I wonder how Jared would feel if he got a bunch of unsolicited text messages from Biden? Oh, right, the rules don't apply to twitler and his minions.

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Gee, I wonder how Jared would feel if he got a bunch of unsolicited text messages from Biden? Oh, right, the rules don't apply to twitler and his minions.

When we had our last federal election, thousands (probably millions) of Australians got the following text:

8FFE6C93-F850-4C95-8D0C-42C69AF9DB0C.jpeg
Politics can be such a farce.

Edited by Smee
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

Fuckopotomus von Bunker Bitch cancelled his Jacksonville Klan rally convention.

The move is a striking turnaround for Trump, who moved the convention to Jacksonville after North Carolina's governor raised public health concerns about having massive gatherings in Charlotte, as the GOP had long planned.

Pared-back events in Charlotte will still be held, Trump said.

Despite urges to ignore them, Trump was closely watching as several Republican lawmakers said they weren't going to Jacksonville or were considering not going, a person familiar said. Trump was wary of having sparse attendance at the convention. Just a month ago, the Trump campaign was playing up expectations for a massive crowd at the President's first rally since the pandemic began, but those crowds in Tulsa, Oklahoma, were much smaller than expected.

Campaign manager Bill Stepien and Republican National Committee chairwoman Ronna McDaniel met with Trump recently, telling him it was still possible to go forward with the convention but that canceling was also still an option, according a GOP source with knowledge of the process. They presented the option to cancel as a chance for Trump to demonstrate leadership, and he was much more open to the idea than he had been in the past, the source said.

Protecting Americans?  I smell bullshit.  More likely the fuckmuppet was worried about people not going to his hate fest and people not paying for him to live it up down there.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

• Upvote 12

I am genuinely worried for Kanye, though with his latest social media post (an apology to Kim), he seems to have come off the peak of his swing.

I don’t think I have ever said anything positive about his wife, but in the spirit of the happiness the Nurptials have brought, I can only praise the way Kim responded. I’ve been where she currently is, and it’s a hell I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. To support a very irrational person is difficult and she has done it in public with grace.

I pray every day that we never have to go through it again. It was many years ago but I still deal with emotions from it daily ?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

Even the Raygun Foundation told the Fuckmuppet off 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/25/reagan-foundation-trump-rnc-quit-raising-money-off-ronald-reagans-legacy/

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute, which runs the 40th president’s library near Los Angeles, has demanded that President Trump and the Republican National Committee (RNC) quit raising campaign money by using Ronald Reagan’s name and likeness.

“It was simply handled with a phone call mid-last week to the RNC, and they agreed to stop,” Reagan Foundation chief marketing officer Melissa Giller said in an email Saturday.

What came to the foundation’s attention — and compelled officials there to complain — was a fundraising email that went out July 19 with “Donald J. Trump” identified as the sender and a subject line that read: “Ronald Reagan and Yours Truly.”

The solicitation offered, for a donation of $45 or more, a “limited edition” commemorative set featuring two gold-colored coins, one each with an image of Reagan and Trump. The coins were mounted with a 1987 photograph of Reagan and Trump shaking hands in a White House receiving line — the type of fleeting contact that presidents have with thousands of people a year.

• Upvote 7

This is why we can't get complacent about Biden's lead:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

This is insane:

• Angry 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 6

This is one of the reasons I don't have an account and refuse to use FB.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

I don't know if I'd say any of them "works", but they are employed there.

image.png.c72004db17a9e706271462830f28d2ee.png

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

I can't feel the electricity, but can feel the nausea. Talk about a Maalox Moment:

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

"Biden says he will pick running mate by end of next week"

Spoiler

Joe Biden said Tuesday that he will make a decision on his running mate by the end of the first week in August, adding at most a week to his initial self-imposed deadline of Aug. 1 for determining his campaign partner.

“I’m going to have a choice in the first week in August,” he said Tuesday, “and I promise I’ll let you know when I do.”

Biden said he was not sure whether he would be able to meet face-to-face with the women vying to be his running mate, considering coronavirus concerns.

“We’ll see,” he said, speaking to reporters in Wilmington, Del., after giving an address on his new economic plan for racial equality.

He added that if he does hold interviews, he and any interviewees will have to wear masks if they sit down in person.

Some close to Biden have been urging him not to rush the decision. Former Senate majority leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.), who has been in touch with Biden and the officials leading the search process, said there was “nothing wrong” with delaying the announcement.

“We have plenty of time before the election,” Reid said.

Biden’s team earlier in the day played down the former vice president’s initial Aug. 1 deadline. “He may have announced it, but I think it was always more of a goal,” said Rep. Cedric L. Richmond (D-La.), a Biden confidant and a co-chair of his campaign.

Biden months ago had pledged to name a woman to the ticket, and for weeks a team of advisers has been vetting several candidates.

People close to the process cited several factors they believe have extended the search. The logistics of Biden interviewing the candidates, including the decision of whether to do so in person or via videoconference, has been complicated by the spread of the coronavirus, prompting campaign officials to have to weigh the risks and benefits of arranging candidate meetings remotely or in person.

Another factor Democrats have pointed to is the size of the field and the fast-moving external political environment. Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) once looked like a front-runner, but the killing of George Floyd and other unarmed black people put a spotlight on her record as a prosecutor, which has drawn criticism from black activists. Klobuchar soon removed herself from the running.

There are other possible political calculations for naming the pick closer to the Democratic National Convention, which starts on Aug. 17, said Democrats close the process. Since the pandemic has limited the ability of Biden and his running mate to hold big rallies together, an early pick would have made for an unusually inactive period after the decision.

“It does add buzz going into those conventions,” said David Axelrod, who was a top adviser for both of Barack Obama’s presidential campaigns.

“I think he probably shouldn’t have imposed a deadline,” Axelrod said. “Right now this race is in a good place for Biden. He might as well ride this as long as he can.”

Axelrod said that in 2008 it took months to determine that Biden was the right pick. “It followed rigorous vetting and many conversations,” he said.

Axelrod said that the pick will be more important because of Biden’s age. If he wins in November, Biden will be 78 when he is inaugurated and become the oldest person to take the oath of office.

“The vice-presidential nominee could well become the president in the future,” he said.

Biden has run an unusually open process of vetting potential running mates, with a list of names so public that the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee is using the process as a list-building and fundraising tool.

A recent email from the Senate committee listed 11 women as potential Biden picks, included Sens. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) and Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.). Other names included Reps. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) and Val Demings (D-Fla.), along with Stacey Abrams, the former Democratic gubernatorial nominee in Georgia; Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer; and former Obama national security adviser Susan E. Rice.

Biden ran into Bass on Tuesday when he was at the U.S. Capitol to pay respects to the late congressman John Lewis, but the two did not have a formal interview, according to Richmond, who accompanied Biden for the day. The two spoke briefly and focused on Lewis’s legacy, he said.

Had Biden stuck to his initial Aug. 1 deadline, Democrats acknowledge, it would have provided the GOP a longer window to criticize his pick and scrutinize her record, potentially allowing the Republicans to dominate news cycles and putting the new Democratic team on the defensive. This reality has meant there was little incentive for moving swiftly to name a running mate.

“Trump’s campaign team is focused on making this a choice election, and their next big opportunity will be with the Biden vice-presidential selection by narrowing in on a weakness that splashes back on to Biden,” said Scott Reed, a Republican campaign veteran who is not working on the Trump campaign. “This is the voters’ first chance to view Biden’s decision-making process, and expect an uncalibrated onslaught.”

Biden’s campaign allies say that the former vice president is ready. “They don’t have anything to say about Biden, so they will try to do the same thing they did with Biden, which is make up stuff,” said Richmond, who added that the GOP will “absolutely” go after Biden’s running mate.

Beyond these factors, several Democrats who have been in touch with Biden have said they do not know which way he is leaning and that genuine indecision could delay an announcement more than any political calculation about the best time to unveil the pick.

“I think the decision just has to be made, and then all of that has to come after that,” Richmond said.

• Upvote 3

FJ, I need some serious hand holding here. Karen Bass is being circulated as a potential, seriously possible, VP pick.  KAREN BASS IS A SCIENTOLOGIST.  Biden is 79 years old; it's not unrealistic to expect that the VP could become president during Biden's term (if he's elected). This has the potential to be a complete freaking  a disaster. 

I'm praying, PRAYING, to Rufus that the Dems do not step on our own dicks and pick this woman for VP.  I'm a huge E. Warren and a Kamala Harris fan.  Either of them would be fine. 

• WTF 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

FJ, I need some serious hand holding here. Karen Bass is being circulated as a potential, seriously possible, VP pick.  KAREN BASS IS A SCIENTOLOGIST.  Biden is 79 years old; it's not unrealistic to expect that the VP could become president during Biden's term (if he's elected). This has the potential to be a complete freaking  a disaster. 

I'm praying, PRAYING, to Rufus that the Dems do not step on our own dicks and pick this woman for VP.  I'm a huge E. Warren and a Kamala Harris fan.  Either of them would be fine.

No no no no no no no no no no, oh please, no.  Could the reports be fake?  A Trump-style distraction?  Those dicks wouldn't just be stepped on, they'd be atomized.

I would have liked Amy Klobuchar as Biden's running mate.  I'm now taking a good look at Grisham, and liking what I see so far.

• I Agree 1

Shit!  Biden just had to put a Scientologist at the top of is list of VP candidates.  Is he trying to lose this election?

On 7/29/2020 at 10:30 AM, GreyhoundFan said:
  Hide contents

A recent email from the Senate committee listed 11 women as potential Biden picks, included Sens. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) and Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.). Other names included Reps. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) and Val Demings (D-Fla.), along with Stacey Abrams, the former Democratic gubernatorial nominee in Georgia; Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer; and former Obama national security adviser Susan E. Rice.

What do we know about these women named in the article? Any that would be particularly excellent or particularly terrible picks? I’m hoping for someone a bit younger.

Kamala Harris Kamala Harris Kamala Harris.  She has name recognition.  She's awesome.  She understands government. She understands politics.  She has name recognition.  She's smart, razor sharp.  She's personable.  She's wily in a way that counts.

Please do not put someone like Karen Bass on the ticket.  Just. Don't.  Just. F**king don't do it. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

"Sen. Mitch McConnell is allowing Republican Senate candidates to do whatever it takes to salvage their campaigns ahead of what Republicans increasingly fear could be a devastating election for their party."  I hope so!

"In recent weeks, the Senate majority leader has become so concerned over Republicans losing control of the Senate that he has signaled to vulnerable GOP senators in tough races that they could distance themselves from the President if they feel it is necessary, according to multiple senior Republicans including a source close to McConnell"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/politics/senate-mcconnell-trump-firewall/index.html

• Thank You 3

This is what Tony Ortega had to say about the Karen Bass - Scientology connection (it appears that she is not a Scientologist, but . . . )

https://tonyortega.org/2020/07/31/joe-bidens-potential-vp-pick-karen-bass-at-a-scientology-ideal-org-event-disqualifying/#more-68979

Spoiler

The Daily Caller this afternoon broke a story that we’ve had evidence of on our website here at the Underground Bunker for a couple of years: That former California Assembly Speaker and current US Representative Karen Bass was one of the featured speakers at the 2010 grand opening of a Scientology ‘Ideal Org’ in Los Angeles.

That’s suddenly now a big story because Bass is reportedly one of the women presumptive Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden is considering to be his running mate.

If Biden is elected at 77, his choice of Vice President is especially crucial, since he may serve only one term. Who he picks for VP would have a serious leg up on becoming president in turn.

And should that be someone who had the lack of judgment to accept an invitation from Scientology to speak at an Ideal Org opening?

“As a public servant, I try to do everything in my power to give a voice to the voiceless, and to guarantee that no one goes unheard,” Bass said during her short speech at the event. “But through human rights education, we empower everyone to lift their voice and to be heard. The Church of Scientology I know has made a difference, because your Creed is a universal creed and one that speaks to all people everywhere.”

She also said: “The words are exciting of your founder, L. Ron Hubbard, in The Creed of the Church of Scientology: that all people of whatever race, color or creed, are created with equal rights. It’s a remarkable credit to your church that this is part of your creed.”

Ugh.

We’ve written many times about politicians singing Scientology’s praises, and it always amazes us that any of them would do so, knowing not only Scientology’s long history of controversies and exposes about its abuses, but also knowing how few votes there can really be in endorsing L. Ron Hubbard, David Miscavige, or an organization that works children 90 hours a week for little or no pay, splits up families in order to maintain totalitarian control over their lives, and has for decades forced young women to have abortions in order to keep working around the clock.

We’re seeing a lot of really bewildered folks asking why this matters, or what Scientology is. We’ll try to answer a few basic questions for the uninitiated.

What’s an Ideal Org, and why were politicians there? Beginning in about 2003, Scientology leader David Miscavige began an effort to replace Scientology’s “orgs” — short for “organizations” and what Scientology uses interchangeably with “churches” — with upgraded facilities. Tens of millions is spent on an Ideal Org, which is much more lavish and programmed in its interiors and appearance than the org it replaces. All evidence suggests that Scientology is shrinking, but the major effort of the last 17 years has been raising the millions to do these renovations and open these gleaming new cathedrals. In 2010, it was LA’s turn with its new Ideal Org, and local politicians were invited. Over the years, Scientology has had some successes in this regard, but most politicians know enough to stay far away.

Does this mean that Karen Bass is a Scientologist? Not necessarily, but her words at the 2010 event suggest that she was at least somewhat familiar with Scientology’s front groups and the “human rights” work that Scientology pretends to do. On the other hand, her repeated use of the word “creed” suggests that she really has no understanding of Scientology and was just paying lip service: Although Scientology pretends to have inclusive ideals as stated in its “creed,” that’s just window dressing. Scientology is a totalitarian organization, and it has no respect whatsoever for people of other creeds.

Is this the only example of Bass shilling for Scientology? Two years after the Ideal Org event, in 2012 Bass gave Scientology front group Youth for Human Rights International a proclamation, along with US Senator Harry Reid and LA City Councilman Bernard Parks, according to a Scientology press release. And in 2011, when Scientology opened an org and community center in Inglewood, “Congresswoman Karen Bass wrote a message acknowledging the Church for ‘its many humanitarian initiatives and social betterment programs for the benefit of South Los Angeles’.” She also provided a proclamation for Youth for Human Rights in 2013.

Should this be disqualifying? It’s not a good look. However, a word about how she has nothing to do with Scientology today, and that she is concerned by the revelations brought out by people like Leah Remini would go a long way. Also, the last time Scientology faced a serious investigation, it was the FBI under Barack Obama and Joe Biden in 2009/2010. (Why that probe got derailed is a very long and complicated story.)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I think tiktok and k-pop teens could have a field day wasting twitler-adjacent money...

image.png.af5baac1daa8d4b2db8e2450f9b20a9e.png

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Kamala Harris Kamala Harris Kamala Harris.  She has name recognition.  She's awesome.  She understands government. She understands politics.  She has name recognition.  She's smart, razor sharp.  She's personable.  She's wily in a way that counts.

Please do not put someone like Karen Bass on the ticket.  Just. Don't.  Just. F**king don't do it. 

AFAIC, Kamala Harris stabbed her so-called friend in the back during a debate, weakening his presentation and surfacing old issues (some of which may belong in quotes) that the Republicans can use against him and, therefore, the Democrats during the next election.  Yeah, it's politics, and I suppose she was trying to strengthen her weaker position at the expense of his stronger one, but I see it as betrayal and for what?  Did she really think the attempt would wipe him out of the running, in her favor?  Did she think voters would find that appealing?  She does have experience and skills but I don't think she'd be a good fit as VP.  I believe many people - including swing voters and disenchanted Republicans - would absolutely refuse to vote for Biden if she was on the ticket, remembering her behavior and having a similar negative reaction to her personality as occurred with Hillary.  They'd have to be able to imagine her as President and be able to at least stomach the idea and I doubt many could.  I'm actually surprised, and a bit concerned, that Biden would be seriously considering her for that role.  Elsewhere in his administration, not front-and-center and a heartbeat away from the Presidency...sure.  She is talented.

I'm also concerned that Biden may be seriously considering Karen Bass.

There are good VP candidates out there.  Biden needs to choose one who will help him win in a landslide.  I sincerely hope they're doing some effective polling and analysis of the data they collect, and can keep wishful thinking aside.  His VP pick is essential, both short and longer term.

• Upvote 2

Sen Amy Klobuchar was my choice for VP but since she voluntarily took her self out of the running due to being unfairly blamed for Derek Chauvin killing George Floyd here are my choices in order of preference:

1. Sen Tammy Duckworth.  She also served in the House of Representatives and was a Lt. Colonel in the Army losing both legs in Iraq.  I think Tammy would help get a lot of the military and veteran vote which has always been a problem for the Democrats.  She's been my hero ever since she crowned Bunker Bitch with the name Cadet Bone Spurs.  

2. Sen Kamala Harris.  She's got the experience, intelligence and chops to be a POTUS.  One thing that bothered me about her was during the Kavanaugh hearings she and Corey Booker walked out during a hearing.  Grassley was being an ass as usual but I felt it was unprofessional for them to do that.  She would be my choice for AG.

3. Rep Val Demings.  Did a great job during the impeachment saga but that's all I really know about her.

4. Susan Rice.  Lots of foreign policy experience but how is she on domestic matters...health care, education, jobs, taxes.  Hope she ends up as Sec of State if not VP.

5. Gov Gretchen Whitmer.  I like the fact that she has executive experience as Gov and I thought she has handled the pandemic well but her approval rating in MI is not so good.  If Biden picks her that could cost him Michigan.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I think tiktok and k-pop teens could have a field day wasting twitler-adjacent money...

image.png.af5baac1daa8d4b2db8e2450f9b20a9e.png

Well, it looks like it's started:

image.png.ae1f190d4edf04bb124736363a3ee97c.png

Rest of thread under spoiler:

Spoiler

image.png.49a2e59b6d81269f48f29f63e6939a15.png

image.png.41cdb816d17155a17beff0d9fb8fc1e7.png

image.png.b36363077b21d4d1822035efe93175a5.png

image.png.cc35a567ca8a0d0a3ead2b45ee38226e.png

image.png.44b8573488704c40b0fba435a711c68d.png

image.png.4d1f2a08eea3503a6d8b85fc1d6cbe0f.png

• Haha 8