IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 3: We're Down To Old White Men...And Fucking Kanye.

GreyhoundFan

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes with Val Demings. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I maintain that Stacey Abrams is a very good choice as well. I personally do like Kamala. But if she isn't the right one, there are other qualified black women as candidates. Georgia was robbed from Abrams. This could be her time.

I like Abrams as well. I was so mad at Georgia. How could a man so blatantly rigging an election be allowed to win?

• I Agree 8

Choosing Val Demings  and announcing it now would be a good move for Biden.  I like her.

• Upvote 2

Personally I think Elisabeth Warren would be a good choice for VP. But for many she‘s probably too progressive. I liked Val Demings a lot during the impeachment hearings tough.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Smash! said:

Personally I think Elisabeth Warren would be a good choice for VP. But for many she‘s probably too progressive. I liked Val Demings a lot during the impeachment hearings tough.

I adore Elizabeth Warren and voted for her in the primary. However, I think she'd be much more effective as Secretary of Commerce or Secretary of Treasury. I believe Val Demings is a good choice for VP.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I adore Elizabeth Warren and voted for her in the primary. However, I think she'd be much more effective as Secretary of Commerce or Secretary of Treasury. I believe Val Demings is a good choice for VP.

I could get behind Val Demmings from what I know of her.  I could also get excited about Susan Rice.

3 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I like Abrams as well. I was so mad at Georgia. How could a man so blatantly rigging an election be allowed to win?

Agreed on the Georgia debacle.  I am not a fan of her as a VP pick, though.  Given Biden's age we need someone able to lead at any time and she has no federal experience.  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Val Demings does indeed seem to be high on the list.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Not sure where to put this one.

l

Bill Kristol is absolutely right. And that is why it is all important that everyone goes out and votes. The numbers must overwhelm these nefarious tactics by the trumplicans. No matter what the polls say, even if a Biden win seems assured, every single vote counts.

That said, they are so blatantly obvious in what they are doing to cheat the elections that it will only help to drive voter turnout.

They will not win.

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Bill Kristol is absolutely right. And that is why it is all important that everyone goes out and votes. The numbers must overwhelm these nefarious tactics by the trumplicans. No matter what the polls say, even if a Biden win seems assured, every single vote counts.

That said, they are so blatantly obvious in what they are doing to cheat the elections that it will only help to drive voter turnout.

They will not win.

I have never agreed with something more.

This is so important.  We need more than a win, we need a landslide to reset the country to show the trumpers their crazy-hate filled day in the sun is over.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Yes! This is what I mean. No matter what, she was going to vote, and no amount of suppression was going to stop her...

• Love 14

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

They will not win.

I believe Trump could win if Biden doesn't choose a running mate with some appeal to moderates and disenfranchised Republicans, and who has enough experience to be President if something happens to Biden.  The humiliation will be multiplied if a loss is the Dems own doing and/or disregard.

I have no doubt that the Republican communication "machine" is out there efficiently and consistently communicating with their base, potential base, and anyone who might have information that they can use to help them.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I believe Trump could win if Biden doesn't choose a running mate with some appeal to moderates and disenfranchised Republicans, and who has enough experience to be President if something happens to Biden.  The humiliation will be multiplied if a loss is the Dems own doing and/or disregard.

I have no doubt that the Republican communication "machine" is out there efficiently and consistently communicating with their base, potential base, and anyone who might have information that they can use to help them.

While acknowledging your valid points, I respectfully disagree— somewhat.

Of course what you say is important and would be helpful. But people have had enough. The vast majority (emphasis on vast) does not want another four years of Trump. Even if Biden chose a broomstick as a running mate, people will vote, simply because they don’t want Trump. That is the single most important issue driving voter turnout.

As for any Republican communication/propaganda efforts, I don’t think it will influence anyone one way or the other. It is my belief that there are hardly any undecided voters out there right now. The deep polarization has caused such a rift that people have already decided who they are going to vote for and why.

• Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Of course what you say is important and would be helpful. But people have had enough. The vast majority (emphasis on vast) does not want another four years of Trump. Even if Biden chose a broomstick as a running mate, people will vote, simply because they don’t want Trump. That is the single most important issue driving voter turnout.

As for any Republican communication/propaganda efforts, I don’t think it will influence anyone one way or the other. It is my belief that there are hardly any undecided voters out there right now. The deep polarization has caused such a rift that people have already decided who they are going to vote for and why.

Bolding mine, I agree with this.  The US is so polarized now this is no longer two parties fighting over the undecided centrists.  

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I respectfully agree, somewhat.  A lot of people have had it with Trump, including some who voted for him, and I think many will vote for Biden regardless of his running mate.  OTOH, I know some people (though in no way a sufficient statistical sample) who voted for Trump and who - to varying degrees - can see what he really is, and they flat-out told me their votes will depend on Biden's running mate.  They're weakly fine with Biden over Trump, but they won't vote for Biden and might vote for Trump if he chooses a running mate they see as inexperienced or otherwise distasteful.  I'm concerned there may be enough folks in that category to swing the election.  They're not out on the street announcing themselves, though.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Just now, Dandruff said:

I respectfully agree, somewhat.  A lot of people have had it with Trump, including some who voted for him, and I think many will vote for Biden regardless of his running mate.  OTOH, I know some people (though in no way a sufficient statistical sample) who voted for Trump and who - to varying degrees - can see what he really is, and they flat-out told me their votes will depend on Biden's running mate.  They're weakly fine with Biden over Trump, but they won't vote for Biden and might vote for Trump if he chooses a running mate they see as inexperienced or otherwise distasteful.  I'm concerned there may be enough folks in that category to swing the election.  They're not out on the street announcing themselves, though.

I agree. I think there's a much smaller contestable middle than in 2004 or 2012, but there are still "hold their nose and vote for Biden" voters who could be tipped to vote Trump if Biden, his VP pick, or the Dems do something monumentally stupid. I'm going to be on edge until November 4th frankly. 

There's also the chance a third party picks up some steam and siphons off some anti-Trump votes. Thankfully so far there isn't anyone who looks able to build much of a campaign.

Nothing good comes from getting too confident.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

This dark and dystopian ad by the MeidasTouch...

• Thank You 4

I agree that a tomato can would be better that twitler.

• Upvote 7

• Upvote 6

MeidasTouch has a devastating new ad out:

• Upvote 7

MeidasTouch is pumping them out daily now. 

• Upvote 9

This makes me feel a little encouraged.

States with currently Democratic governors that went for Trump: North Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Montana, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin.
States with currently Republican governors that went for Clinton: Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, Vermont, West Virginia.

If Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin don't flip, I'll be suspicious. Trump no longer has the lure of the unknown - we know exactly what another 4 years of him will be like - so....

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Excellent new ad:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic