IGNORED

Lori Alexander 75: Lori Imagines the Evils Caused by Contraception

6 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Worlds colliding! Dear sweet Rufus a friend just commented on Lori's tweetScreenshot_20200225_183354_org.mozilla.firefox-01.thumb.jpeg.721bacb290a3d90f6e1c5aba8e1d8fbe.jpeg

She is a severly skilled and has a high profile, extremely badass job. Also she looks like a freakin supermodel.

She added a photo to her reply and it absolutely glorious!

PM me if you want to see the screenshot. Although it is public, posting her tweet her seems really wrong.

I couldn’t get through all of the responses to that tweet but your friend sounds amazing.  It seems that the only thing Lori accomplished with her ignorance this time is giving Ken lots of pictures of beautiful women to look at - beautiful, strong, intelligent women. 

Funny, that is probably what caused the tweet - Lori caught Ken ogling a female in uniform so she took to social media to shame women again. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

From Twitter today. This is JUST BIZARRE. Not shaving arm pits ranks higher than knowing God is still good.  We know she's no longer trying to impress anyone....bathing once a week, not washing hair very often...because she doesn't smell, etc. 

Seriously though, isn't ANYONE concerned by this lack of grooming behavior?? Something sounds off to me. 

LORI: What I LOVE about growing old: 1) Rarely need to shave my legs or armpits; 2) No more periods; 3) No longer trying to impress anyone; 4) Appreciates every day more; 5) Realizes life isn't forever; 6) Looking back and seeing how God worked in my life; 7) Knowing God is still good.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

From Twitter today. This is JUST BIZARRE. Not shaving arm pits ranks higher than knowing God is still good.  We know she's no longer trying to impress anyone....bathing once a week, not washing hair very often...because she doesn't smell, etc. 

Seriously though, isn't ANYONE concerned by this lack of grooming behavior?? Something sounds off to me. 

LORI: What I LOVE about growing old: 1) Rarely need to shave my legs or armpits; 2) No more periods; 3) No longer trying to impress anyone; 4) Appreciates every day more; 5) Realizes life isn't forever; 6) Looking back and seeing how God worked in my life; 7) Knowing God is still good.

She's also indicated that on top of not bathing, she doesn't wear deodorant.  According to her, she doesn't smell.  

• Disgust 9
  • WTF 5

Well, bathing and shaving takes time. Time that is better spent, according to Lori, on the Interwebz. Posts don't just go viral all on their own, ya know. :techie-typing:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12

Um, just want y’all to know, because I AM 60 now and about Lori’s age, that it’s a rare day I don’t shower, and only in the winter, when, like today, it’s in the low 20s and snowing and I’m not going anywhere, and that I shave legs and pits every time I shower. Oh and deodorant too, every morning, shower or not.  Just ‘cause I’m old doesn’t mean I’m slovenly  

Lori is a pig. 

• Upvote 15

Playing Lori's devil's advocate for a moment: hair does thin as we age so it could be that she simply doesn't have the growth or volume of body hair that she once did. 

The answer is most likely that she said "eff it" one day & just decided to become a stinky old woman. 

That being said: hey @Ken how's that 10 minutes working out for ya? 

Spoiler

oh-thats-nasty-42707731.png.063120dcdcf44b2fe16ed851c67fc6ed.png

Edited by Imrlgoddess
riffles
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

Yeah, now I'm thinking that 10 minutes and lube might be because Ken can't abide being that close to Lori any more than that.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

Lori's woo maybe interfering with hair growth. She's so avoidant of synthroid that it's likely her hair thinning an not growing back is due to poor thyroid hormones.  Desicated hormones like the armour she pushes are often unregulated and result in the same low thyroid hormone symptoms.

In other words, she's bragging about a side effect of self-neglect/lack of good health.

• Upvote 12

I just can’t comprehend how she thinks it’s necessary to discuss her (lack of) hygiene habits. It just seems so crass to me. 
I will probably never know of I need to shave under my arms because I just...you know..do it. I don’t check to see how bad  things are.  I just take care of it. 
Lori seriously has no filter and I can’t believe her family is not mortified. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

Um, just want y’all to know, because I AM 60 now and about Lori’s age, that it’s a rare day I don’t shower, and only in the winter, when, like today, it’s in the low 20s and snowing and I’m not going anywhere, and that I shave legs and pits every time I shower. Oh and deodorant too, every morning, shower or not.  Just ‘cause I’m old doesn’t mean I’m slovenly  

Lori is a pig. 

Are you me? LOL.  62 here, and I shower twice a day, winter and summer, although the night shower is just a quick one, from the neck down so I don't go to bed with wet hair. I sweat a lot, always have, it's not just menopause, so showering at night just makes me feel better before I go to sleep.  My skin is starting to dry out a bit, though, so that shower may have to stop soon, dammit. I suppose I could change to a less-drying cleanser, though. But yeah, showering, shaving and deodorant are musts for me, and unless I develop Alzheimer's or dementia with the accompanying aversion to bathing (happened to my mother in law, it was sad and awful :cry: ), the whole routine will continue til my dying day. 

29 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I just can’t comprehend how she thinks it’s necessary to discuss her (lack of) hygiene habits. It just seems so crass to me. 
I will probably never know of I need to shave under my arms because I just...you know..do it. I don’t check to see how bad  things are.  I just take care of it. 
Lori seriously has no filter and I can’t believe her family is not mortified. 

My kids would die of embarrassment if I talked about these things online like Lori does. And how does Lori face her extended family after she posts this stuff? I'm sure at least some of them read her blog and FB page. :shock:

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

Lori's woo maybe interfering with hair growth. She's so avoidant of synthroid that it's likely her hair thinning an not growing back is due to poor thyroid hormones.  Desicated hormones like the armour she pushes are often unregulated and result in the same low thyroid hormone symptoms.

In other words, she's bragging about a side effect of self-neglect/lack of good health.

Oh my.  I really hate to support Lori for even the tiniest reason, but... I take Armour Thyroid.  They tried me on Synthroid but I just felt terrible.  My blood work  (TSH level) was good but my hair still fell out, I was cold all the time, and I had no energy.  I'm not for taking unregulated meds but I can't complain about Armour (which I get from my pharmacist and it is regulated).  It made me feel human again.  My doctor is great at working with me and checking the lab work to make sure my dosage is correct.

That being said, I still think Lori is a mess.  Nobody wants to hear about her poor personal grooming habits.  I'm older than Lori and I wouldn't think of not showering every day and I usually wash my hair every day too.  Every adult needs some sort of deodorant (or really excellent cleaning routines) and you still need to do some shaving.

It may be that she's not taking enough medication to warrant shaving but that means she's either not going to a doctor or else isn't listening to one.  I think she could do with a good mental health evaluation at this point as well.  

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 14

12 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Are you me? LOL.  62 here, and I shower twice a day, winter and summer, although the night shower is just a quick one, from the neck down so I don't go to bed with wet hair. I sweat a lot, always have, it's not just menopause, so showering at night just makes me feel better before I go to sleep.  My skin is starting to dry out a bit, though, so that shower may have to stop soon, dammit. I suppose I could change to a less-drying cleanser, though. But yeah, showering, shaving and deodorant are musts for me, and unless I develop Alzheimer's or dementia with the accompanying aversion to bathing (happened to my mother in law, it was sad and awful :cry: ), the whole routine will continue til my dying day. 

My kids would die of embarrassment if I talked about these things online like Lori does. And how does Lori face her extended family after she posts this stuff? I'm sure at least some of them read her blog and FB page. :shock:

Try the aveeno shower gel! I have dry skin due to atopic dermatitis and that's about the only thing that works.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I’m on Tirosint. Freaking expensive but it works for me. I was on Synthroid for decades, but my TSH would bounce all over the place. Turns out I am allergic to the fillers in Synthroid. 

I am in my late 40s, can’t imagine going without a shower, not shaving, washing my hair, but once a week. I use deodorant and body sprays. I love scented body lotion.  It is possible for Lori to use all natural, affordable vegan products and keep up with hygiene. I think Lori is being lazy. Or is it a sign of dementia? Can Ken get her checked out?

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, squiddysquid said:

Try the aveeno shower gel! I have dry skin due to atopic dermatitis and that's about the only thing that works.

There’s a Target dupe for the Aveeno sensitive skin shower gel that I use. Love it. 

Tirosint literally saved my life nine years ago. A generic Synthroid caused me to go into rhabdomyolysis. We had no idea what was going on with me until I got to the point where I could no longer walk or lift my arms. A friend told me to get off that medication while I was waiting weeks to get into a neurologist. I did and felt better the next day..and the next... won’t touch anything but Tirosint now.

Edited by HoneyBunny
  • Upvote 7

4 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

There’s a Target dupe for the Aveeno sensitive skin shower gel that I use. Love it. 

Thank you both, I'll give this a try! :pb_smile:

• Upvote 5

Yeah I love showering but if I shower too much is dries me out. I need to find a more moisturizing bar soap since I try not to get too many things with plastic. But it has to be at least every other day or my hair is a mess. Dry shampoo only does so much. I shave maybe once or twice a month right now but will pick back up on it when it gets warmer. After a shower is a skin care routine. I do hope her routine.... or lack there of... is simply an exaggeration. 

• Upvote 10

I know we’ve speculated about this before, but she very well may be suffering from some sort of vitamin deficiency. I guess it’s on my mind because I was recently diagnosed with a pretty severe b12 deficiency- it cause neurological symptoms as well as anxiety and some other mental health issues, brain fog, exhaustion, etc. I had neurological symptoms (still do even 3 weeks into treatment)- I lose all feeling and control of my left arm and my hand has tremors. I’m a healthy eater so now on to trying to figure out how this happened and why my body doesn’t make intrinsic factor. 

Lori eats a pretty restrictive diet and very likely isn’t getting all of the nutrients she needs. 

I am also really curious about the parasites she had. That doesn’t sound normal at all. 

• Upvote 11

31 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I am also really curious about the parasites she had. That doesn’t sound normal at all. 

There is much speculation here that the 'parasites' she had for 25 years (her estimate) didn't exist and that most of her being "so so so sick" was invented by her to get out of mothering and keeping house. She had a housekeeper and nanny during that time paid for by Ken because she was "so so so sick."

Seriously how could anyone have parasites for 25 years and yet no doctor could cure them.

As far as I know Lori has never been any more specific than 'parasites' when describing them and is always vague (so so so sick) about the symptoms.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

When did Lori stop feeling sick and what was the breakthrough? 

She talks so much (still) about her sickness but...poof!...the sickness and pain went away, somehow. Is she as vague about that as she is about her “illness”?

• Upvote 9

One last time Lori...my husband lost his shit for me while wearing a workshirt, jeans and steel toed boots. I definitely did not look all that "feminine"...yet, he could recognize female when he saw it. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 6

This one is for you especially @Sarah92

Screenshot_20200226_155157_com.instagram.android-01.jpeg

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Yeah I love showering but if I shower too much is dries me out. I need to find a more moisturizing bar soap since I try not to get too many things with plastic. But it has to be at least every other day or my hair is a mess. Dry shampoo only does so much. I shave maybe once or twice a month right now but will pick back up on it when it gets warmer. After a shower is a skin care routine. I do hope her routine.... or lack there of... is simply an exaggeration. 

Try the lush soap bars. I only have one for my hands “miranda" cause they tend to crack up in winter which sucks when you have to disinfect them with alcohol every couple of minutes

Big fan of the massage bar with the pink pearls too (just like solid body butter)

Lasts for 24h + has a nice subtle smell

https://au.lush.com/products/packaging-free/pearl

Edited by squiddysquid
Phone acting up
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Xan said:

Oh my.  I really hate to support Lori for even the tiniest reason, but... I take Armour Thyroid.  They tried me on Synthroid but I just felt terrible.  My blood work  (TSH level) was good but my hair still fell out, I was cold all the time, and I had no energy.  I'm not for taking unregulated meds but I can't complain about Armour (which I get from my pharmacist and it is regulated).  It made me feel human again.  My doctor is great at working with me and checking the lab work to make sure my dosage is correct.

That being said, I still think Lori is a mess.  Nobody wants to hear about her poor personal grooming habits.  I'm older than Lori and I wouldn't think of not showering every day and I usually wash my hair every day too.  Every adult needs some sort of deodorant (or really excellent cleaning routines) and you still need to do some shaving.

It may be that she's not taking enough medication to warrant shaving but that means she's either not going to a doctor or else isn't listening to one.  I think she could do with a good mental health evaluation at this point as well.  

I suspect she doesn't use regular prescribed, but a compounded pharmacy version that is likely uncontrolled. 

I really just wanted to make the observation that her levels may be off and the cause of not growing hair more than anything.

For me, the synthroid has been a godsend and solved the issues that armour did not; every body is different, and why we should be under an m.d.'s care rather than just self-determined woo.

Edited by AuntKrazy
typo
  • Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I suspect she diesn't use regular prescribed, but a compounded pharmacy version that is likely uncontrolled. 

I really just wanted to make the observation that her levels may be off and the cause of not growing hair more than anything.

For me, the synthroid has been a godsend and solved the issues that armour did not; every body is different, and why we should be under an m.d.'s care rather than just self-determined woo.

I agree.  Lori seems the type to decide to be her own doctor.  After all, she thinks she's God's own appointed spiritual adviser to women everywhere.  I wonder what her concoction will be to ward off the Coronavirus??

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 5

12 hours ago, Koala said:

She's also indicated that on top of not bathing, she doesn't wear deodorant.  According to her, she doesn't smell.  

She eats a ton of onions and garlic. She likely reeks.

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 6
  • I Agree 1

I have a rather hippie dippie aproach to shaving. Armpits get shaved every few weeks when the hair starts to annoy me, legs every few months. I'm really lucky that I don't have much hair on my legs and even in summer, I wear long, lofty pants or long skirts, thanks to shitty veins. And I stopped caring what other people think about body hair, my body my choice. And at the moment, I don't wear deodorant, because 14 days ago I got breast reduction surgery and the scars almost reach my armpits and I won't do anything that could negativly affect the healing. But I'm still on sick leave and will be for another one and a half week, so who cares. I will use it again when I go back to work. But I still shower twice a week and on the other days give myself a nice sponge bath in the evenings.

@Sarah92 do you use the soap bar to rub the soap on your skin? That's usually to much soap for the skin, less is more with try skin. Try a washcloth for the soap. Put some soap on the washcloth and rub your body with it. Perks of that method, your soap will last longer and depending how soft the fabric is, you get a peeling every time. And you get as clean as using the soap bar on the skin. And try use less soap on the hair and on the non- soap days just use water to wash the hair. After some time, the oily problem will get better when your skin is used to the new routine. And on a side note, my favorite drugstore announced a refill service for their liquid skin care products to reduce waste. Can't wait to use that, yeah.

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

When did Lori stop feeling sick and what was the breakthrough? 

She talks so much (still) about her sickness but...poof!...the sickness and pain went away, somehow. Is she as vague about that as she is about her “illness”?

My guess, right about the time she became "biblically submissive" to Ken. She discovered that playing the feeble, sick card didn't work anymore and went that road to avoid loosing her meal ticket.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic