IGNORED

Lori Alexander 75: Lori Imagines the Evils Caused by Contraception

Lori is uuhhhmmm... not clean. But it's not unusual that body hair disappears as a woman gets old. I'm 42 and I had to shave far less than when I was young. My grandma has not shaved for maybe 30 years and there no hair in her legs (and has no vitamin deficiency, she's still very strong!).

I think that Lori purposely wants to be unattractive. Is it a way to punish Ken? Or maybe she feels safe looking older and uglier than she really is? Being dirty or purposely gaining/losing a lot of weight are sometimes a way to "disguise" oneself. Her brain is obvioulsy a mess, so nothing would surprise me.

She reminds me Teri Maxwell: both were terribly unsatisfied of their lives, and used religion to fake their reality. But Lori's cruelty and madness makes her worse than Teri.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

She eats a ton of onions and garlic. She likely reeks.

and sardines...

Then there's her "lotion", which I shit you not, consist of used food grease left over from making her breakfast.  I WISH I was kidding.  

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 9
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 3

Lying Lori Alexander strikes again:

In 2011, two of Lori's kids dated in highschool:

612191890_date2011.thumb.PNG.b5a57ebeb60323f2c4040f976e58b077.PNG

By 2019, she didn't allow children under the age of 18 to date, and dating was only for those looking for a spouse:

1518507987_date1.thumb.PNG.3479433f45347096c2473ef369d69a3e.PNG

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 10

And she deleted the tweet about  her lack of grooming/what she likes how that she's older. 

Let her spew whatever toxic version of Biblical womanhood she wants, but I'm sure someone close to her said that was just gross. 

• Upvote 15

2 hours ago, Koala said:

and sardines...

Then there's her "lotion", which I shit you not, consist of used food grease left over from making her breakfast.  I WISH I was kidding.  

Besides the point that this is just plain disgusting, using what ever food grease to thread dry skin is stupid and don't work. And don't start me on the smell. If you suffer dry skin, you need a product that has both a moisturizing componend to give your skin the moisture it lacks and a fatty componend to "seal" the moisture inside the skin, to prevent to dry it again and to smooth the skin. With grease you only get greasy and smell like a cheap fast food place, blergh.

• Upvote 12

1 minute ago, klein_roeschen said:

If you suffer dry skin, you need a product that has both a moisturizing componend to give your skin the moisture it lacks and a fatty componend to "seal" the moisture inside the skin, to prevent to dry it again and to smooth the skin. With grease you only get greasy and smell like a cheap fast food place, blergh.

Dry skin is the worst.  My hands crack and bleed year round.  They look like the hands of a 90 year old woman.

I am limited on what I can try, though, because icing on the cake- I have horrible skin allergies.  

I can safely say I've never tried using the grease from my lunch, so I guess there's that.  Lori is nuts.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 7

I would have said I'd heard it all.  I would have said that nothing Lori Alexander's filthy gutter of a brain dreamed up could shock me.  I would have been wrong.  So wrong.  

glory.PNG.a7980d3496fc8a8d6b814ba72f955a53.PNG

She seriously just said "masturbate to the glory of God".  I just....no.  Just absolutely not.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 7
  • Haha 18
  • Thank You 2

Lori's advice to not let your children date in high school is actually a better common sense rule than what many fundies follow. Despite the fact they don't call it "Dating," so many 15-17 year old fundie daughters clearly "Date" interested men and then are magically engaged 6 months after turning 18. 

Edited by kmachete14
  • Upvote 6

In Lori’s defense: I’m in my late 60s and can’t remember the last time I shaved my legs, because I have absolutely no leg hair, never having had much when I was younger. I have so little armpit hair that it’s hardly worth shaving. In the winter, I only shower on alternate days—I have very dry skin and practically never sweat, even after an hour and a half at the gym—but I do wash the “essentials” every day. Instead of deodorant, I use rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad (because traditional deodorant started making me smell like a boys’ locker room). I have been assured by my middle sister, who is brutally honest and a hygiene freak, that I smell just fine. I’m kind of paranoid about hygiene because I live alone and wish to be kind to other people I encounter.

We all have different body chemistries, is what I’m saying.

Advice to my dry-skinned sisters: After showering, I slather (sorry for the Lori-ism!) aloe-and-shea Johnson’s baby oil on my wet skin. Sometimes I splurge on oil-based sugar scrub, which works better than the scrubs containing salt. 

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Hane said:

Sometimes I splurge on oil-based sugar scrub, which works better than the scrubs containing salt. 

I avoid the Lori thread, but saw this in unread activity and had to chime in.

I make my own exfoliant and it's cheap and way better (for me) than any spendy brand I've ever bought:

Coconut oil (kept in fridge so it's kinda solid), enough sugar until it's the gritty consistency you like, and a splash of lemon juice.  

I keep it in the fridge and scoop a little as needed, by the time I'm using it it's nice and warm from the steam.  A $4 jar of coconut oil lasts me almost 2 months.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think that Lori purposely wants to be unattractive. Is it a way to punish Ken? Or maybe she feels safe looking older and uglier than she really is? Being dirty or purposely gaining/losing a lot of weight are sometimes a way to "disguise" oneself. Her brain is obvioulsy a mess, so nothing would surprise me.

I firmly agree with this particular theory. She repeatedly says she loves being older for various reasons & not worrying about her looks is usually top of the list. I think she may have spent some time mourning her youth & beauty & has embraced it in the opposite direction. Ken will stay no matter what & he has slept in a separate room for years now so what she does with herself is irrelevant. 

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, Koala said:

I would have said I'd heard it all.  I would have said that nothing Lori Alexander's filthy gutter of a brain dreamed up could shock me.  I would have been wrong.  So wrong.  

She seriously just said "masturbate to the glory of God".  I just....no.  Just absolutely not.

I sense a thread title...

Also, do you really think anyone has actually asked her about that? I kind of doubt that's a question that comes up often.

Also, it's none of her business.

2 hours ago, Hane said:

Instead of deodorant, I use rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad (because traditional deodorant started making me smell like a boys’ locker room). I have been assured by my middle sister, who is brutally honest and a hygiene freak, that I smell just fine. I’m kind of paranoid about hygiene because I live alone and wish to be kind to other people I encounter.

We all have different body chemistries, is what I’m saying.

I recently bought some Lume deodorant, and it actually works really well for me. I haven't tried the alcohol trick, but they have somewhat similar purposes - the smell comes from bacteria, not the person.

I don't always do a full soapy shower every day in winter, and only wash my hair a couple times a week at best. Leg shaving is for summer or when I need to wear a skirt. That's what works best for my skin and my hair. I hate to defend Lori because I know she's a terrible horrid beast and probably stinks like one, too - but showering every day is a fairly recent thing. A once-a-week bath with just spot cleaning in between was common for my grandparents' generation. There are a lot of genuinely harmful things about Lori, her stink only harms Ken, really. *

The cheese grease lotion, however? Gross.

* I do, however, think Ken needs to be keeping an eye on the changing of her habits. I really believe she is in the midst of a steep cognitive decline, and changing bathing habits can be a sign of mental health issues as well. 

• Upvote 12

17 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I firmly agree with this particular theory. She repeatedly says she loves being older for various reasons & not worrying about her looks is usually top of the list. 

Wasn't there an incident in her youth when she was on a date with some guy and he didn't want to take no for an answer?  IIRC she claimed that there was no sexual assault (I don't recall the details, but I bet someone here can refresh my memory!) , but if there was, might she feel safer now that she's getting older, more so as her looks deteriorate beyond what age would usually account for?  

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

Wasn't there an incident in her youth when she was on a date with some guy and he didn't want to take no for an answer?  IIRC she claimed that there was no sexual assault (I don't recall the details, but I bet someone here can refresh my memory!) , but if there was, might she feel safer now that she's getting older, more so as her looks deteriorate beyond what age would usually account for?  

There was an incident. They went out and he got handsy at the movies, she shut him down and told him to take her home.  Someone in the comments mentioned that it was an assault and she told them it wasn't, it was just hormones or something to the like.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

21 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

There was an incident. They went out and he got handsy at the movies, she shut him down and told him to take her home.  Someone in the comments mentioned that it was an assault and she told them it wasn't, it was just hormones or something to the like.  

That's what I was thinking of, thank you!  :)   Sounds like it wasn't necessarily a big thing then, but Lori being the kind of person she is, I can't help wondering if it has stayed with her, and might be part of the reason that she seems so relieved to be letting her physical appearance go like she has.  

• Upvote 6

I have advice for those with sensitive skin.!

I get itchy, everywhere! Including my lady bits. Conclusively I know it's not a UTI or STI. Topicals are a pain. General ones for regular skin can help, but that's another damn prescription or two. The gynecologist and the nurse practitioners weren't helpful.

I'm looking into anti-inflammatory diets for my gut issues...

I already wash all of me in Cetaphil and only use scented products with caution.

What's new is the addition of a Tbsp. Of apple cider vinegar per day, and a sour cherry supplement.

The itching generally has reduced over 60%, and in my lady parts, mostly gone! I think the sour cherry is helping my joint pain as well.

This is absolutely one of the best and cheapest natural things I've ever tried. (the vinegar, the supplements were 20-25 for 2 months)

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Koala said:

She seriously just said "masturbate to the glory of God".  I just....no.  Just absolutely not

Sooooo....she doesn't yell, "Oh, God, Oh, God, Oh, God!" when she....ummm....guess I'll head to the prayer closet and, you know, behave...

Edited by SweetLaurel
cutting the quote
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 21

5 hours ago, Koala said:

Well then, by her own standards, she should be revising that blog of hers and her entire internet presence. I doubt 90% of her activity can be considered anything other than self-glorifying. As for taking thoughts captive, perhaps she ought to revise the thoughts that cross her mind when she's walking the beach or at a restaurant. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I realize we have too many ranks here at FJ as it is.  But ya gotta admit, Masturbating to the Glory of God would be a great one!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Koala said:

Sexual acts can be very spiritual in my opinion. No, one doesn’t masturbate to glorify God (did I really just write that? ?) but Lori’s life is so devoid of pleasure and joy, it’s actually sad.

And her view of religious experiences is devastatingly one-dimensional. There’s a whole world of satisfaction out there (I don’t just mean sexually, but our sexuality is an integral part of us and if you’re religious, you can view it as divinely created) that she’ll never know. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

When I first joined FJ it seems like the conversation revolved around a constipated goldfish.  That's Lori -- a constipated goldfish.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 14

I guess I don’t understand the line of thinking... you should be attractive to your husband or else he’ll cheat, but then she throws taking care of herself out the window. Is she trying to get rid of him? Maybe? Idk 

I’ve found chemical exfoliating is better for my skin than physical. Scrubbing my face with a scrub was too harsh so I’ve turned to using an overnight exfoliating serum. That combine with hyaluronic acid serum has been really helped my dry skin on my face. Using lotion out of the shower has helped with other dry skin. Sunscreen is important too although I struggle to remember while I’m putting on makeup. 

• Upvote 10

@Sarah92 what is the name of the serum you use? I'm looking for something to exfoliate my face, but I have a very sensitive skin and most facial scrubs are too harsh for my skin.

I currently have eczema around my nose, which sucks because it's bright red, in the middle of my face, and I can't put any make up on it because that makes the itching worse. It is most likely stress induced (though I also have chronic eczema on my hands and I am prone to eczema outbreaks in my neck, elbows, and legs), but I always have to be really careful what I put on my face so as to not get an allergic reaction.
As a teenager I had an allergy test and the dermatologist advised a couple of brands with skin care and make up products that I should be able to safely use. Clinique was one of those brands and the only one that carried make up as well, so I've been using Clinique products almost exclusively for over 10 years now. However, Clinique is quite expensive for me, and it's not cruelty free, which is important to me. So over the past year I've been trying out other cheaper, cruelty free skin care products as well. I have found two cheaper make up brands that I can tolerate, both cruelty free. I found a very cheap facial moisturizer as well, but it turned out not to be cruelty free, so I'll finish what I have but I won't buy that again.

Tips or recommendations for sensitive skin care and products are very welcome!

Edited by Marly
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I guess I don’t understand the line of thinking... you should be attractive to your husband or else he’ll cheat, but then she throws taking care of herself out the window. Is she trying to get rid of him? Maybe? Idk 

Maybe she googled the term "community property state" and realized she might not need old Ken after all.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marly said:

@Sarah92 what is the name of the serum you use? I'm looking for something to exfoliate my face, but I have a very sensitive skin and most facial scrubs are too harsh for my skin.

I currently have eczema around my nose, which sucks because it's bright red, in the middle of my face, and I can't put any make up on it because that makes the itching worse. It is most likely stress induced (though I also have chronic eczema on my hands and I am prone to eczema outbreaks in my neck, elbows, and legs), but I always have to be really careful what I put on my face so as to not get an allergic reaction.
As a teenager I had an allergy test and the dermatologist advised a couple of brands with skin care and make up products that I should be able to safely use. Clinique was one of those brands and the only one that carried make up as well, so I've been using Clinique products almost exclusively for over 10 years now. However, Clinique is quite expensive for me, and it's not cruelty free, which is important to me. So over the past year I've been trying out other cheaper, cruelty free skin care products as well. I have found two cheaper make up brands that I can tolerate, both cruelty free. I found a very cheap facial moisturizer as well, but it turned out not to be cruelty free, so I'll finish what I have but I won't buy that again.

Tips or recommendations for sensitive skin care and products are very welcome!

Atopic dermatitis here... Try St Ives Green tea scrub, that's quite gentle

There's this blog from a Harvard educated dermatologists who often recommends inexpensive creams and cosmetics as well

http://alittlebitoflacquer.blogspot.com/?m=1

Go to the pharmacy and ask them to whop up ultrabasic/ultrasic 70% olive oil (my mother used that when I was a kid) , if my skin really gets cracked I use 100% she butter (sort of waxy consistency)

I tolerate Neutrogena and Avene quite well apart from Aveeno (my favourite) and lush (pricy though cruelty free) stuff I've mentioned before.

Had some bad experience with body shop products, plus they've been bought by nestle. Got some Kiehls handcream samples and they're awesome but so fucking pricy.

Edited by squiddysquid
That doctor is also happily married with 3 kids AND runs a successful blog on the side. Take that Lori!
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic