IGNORED

Lori Alexander 75: Lori Imagines the Evils Caused by Contraception

Lori doesn’t reply to Twitter comments unless it’s to argue with a man, which she also does not do because that is the same as teaching a man, and she would NEVER try to teach a man. 

Except when she does. 

872B9311-5CDC-44AE-B0B9-65BFF6A3FFB0.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1

On 2/19/2020 at 10:52 AM, Imrlgoddess said:

So, question for the audience:  Family A has a working mom and dad.  They each contribute to both society and their family.  They have 2 children they have raised to be good, productive people.  No one is a villain or some kind of "evil" being or go out of their way to harm.  But they're atheist, or at perhaps watered down "appropriate Abrahamic belief system'.  Basically they aren't the bible beating evangelicals that Lori and similar ilk believe we should all be, they simply live a good life and try to do what is good and correct.

Do fundies truly believe that family will all end up in hell?  That God would send decent people of his own creation to their doom because they didn't fanatically worship?  

Hell, fundies believe people who are Christian and who do worship are doomed to hell because they’re not BORN AGAIN Christians. I detest those words. They are absolutely meaningless. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Soooo it looks like it someone had the same idea we did, that they should start their own church, this is Lori's explanation...

2.20.2020.PNG

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

On 2/19/2020 at 2:58 PM, Antipatriarch said:

I've always wondered if the "bitter water" mentioned in Numbers 5:11-31 was an abortifacient. Regardless, the whole rite is another disgusting OT patriarchal women-as-property atrocity. The husband has no evidence of infidelity, but if he gets jealous and suspects her, here's a God-sanctioned procedure to find the "truth" -- sorry she has to drink something with serious health consequences, but hey, the husband will have peace of mind. Might as well ask if she weighs more than a duck, while you're at it.

It seems that the "bitter water" contained nothing but dirt and ink (Or whatever they were writing with at the time? Charcoal?) so it doesn't really seem like the point is patriarchal.

Nothing in the water would have caused a "curse" (miscarriage) to take place. It seems harmless. So, if the water is harmless, the ceremony would function to exonerate any woman forced to go through with it. It would also force the so-called jealous husband to publicly accept 'God's testimony' that any baby was his own, and care for it -- like it or not. Unless you know something about ingesting a small quantity of ancient world inks/whatever that I'm missing here? I'm not seeing why it would have any health consequences at all.

• Upvote 2

Ken isn’t going to talk with the pastor privately because Ken and Lori think they are 100% correct and aren’t willing to listen. The pastor made it very clear that he doesn’t believe a woman should be an elder/pastor, but said that he wants to empower women and make sure their voices are heard. The second woman he brought up on stage is part of the teaching team, sits in meetings, and it sounded as though she had a position of leadership if I am remembering correctly. She believes that women can preach and he is aware of that perspective- yet they can peacefully interact and show love and respect for one another. I thought that was pretty cool. 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Hane said:

I could never understand how the “saved” could be eternally happy in heaven while knowing their “unsaved” loved ones were suffering eternally in hell.

Sad to say, many of the "saved" I've known are perfectly happy thinking of their loved ones in Hell -- a "serves them right" attitude coupled with a smugness that they (saved) were right and oh so so so special and the unsaved (by their definition of "unsaved") were absolutely, completely wrong and not special to anyone In. The. Least.

These saved I've known are also perfectly happy "knowing" that lots of other people (besides the loved ones) are going to Hell and are actively hoping/praying for it.

The worst example I have is a woman I taught with many years ago (at a Baptist college) who announced at the teachers' lunch table that she was praying that "X" (a mutual student) would become infertile and that she'd go to Hell for her sins.

X's "sins" you ask? An emergency appendectomy in the middle of the night that another student drove her to the emergency  room for. The pervasive rumor at this small school, fanned and spread by my fellow teacher, was that X was rushed to the hospital because of a botched abortion.  The teacher also spread the rumor that the "father" was the friend who drove X to the hospital -- a friend who happened to be (wait for it).......... black. I guess that was another of X's "sins"

X resigned from school when she recovered and left the hospital.  She told me she knew what all the teachers were saying about her. And the friend was someone she'd know since grade school, never a boyfriend. She said she just couldn't stay through those ugly rumors.

Oh and the capper to the story -- when the teacher spewed her awful venom at the lunch table everyone nodded in agreement and chimed in on the condemnation.  Except me who abruptly threw down my fork and left.  Never to eat lunch with any of those "Christian" people ever again.

(I lasted one year at the school (only non-Baptist on the faculty and a "not a Christian" Catholic). Taught for a few more years at a public college and then went into tech writing, my entry IT program management]

Edited to add:  I firmly believe that Lori and her leghumpers think exactly like that awful teacher and aren't shy about expressing it.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, CrochetingGuineaPIg said:

Soooo it looks like it someone had the same idea we did, that they should start their own church, this is Lori's explanation...

2.20.2020.PNG

Gosh, Lori, what are YOU, as a helpmeet, doing to ease Ken’s heavy burden at this time in his life?  ‘Cause all I see is you causing trouble and requiring him to saddle up the White Horse to save your sorry ass. As you state, he clearly doesn’t have time for that nonsense, especially not with the Wall of Texts he writes. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

.  Ken sends his wife to social media to complain and then takes over her blog for a day to air his grievances.  How do they think this wins people to the church

You are correct. Very passive aggressive. Can’t address the pastor in person so writes a 10,000 word essay attempting to appear non-specific when in actuality his beef is very specific 

• Upvote 13

This is what happens when you have "independent" churches. 

Other denominations, you know what you're getting when you start attending. The priests/pastors can't stray from the "rules." The church is run in a specific order. There is a mission statement and statement of belief. The minister is education in a specific theology, usually from an accredited seminary/theology school. There is a liturgical calendar or speaking series chosen so that different parts of the Bible are read throughout the years. 

Just generally being a "Bible" church, or a non-denominational hipster fundie church, or a IFB church, doesn't necessarily clarify what the standards, procedure, and beliefs of the church are. 

The things that fundies bash and claim are wrong with their churches are in fact *because* of how they run their churches and what they believe. I find it so weird they are always lamenting how female singers give "mini sermons" in between songs. This could literally never happen at a Lutheran, Catholic, Presbyterian, etc. service. 

I mean no offense to anyone here who attends a non-denominational church, and I am sure there are some that have constitutions, statements of belief (easily found, not hidden), delineated hierarchy, church protocol and procedure, etc. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Ken is so busy? Doing what, pray tell? Working his ass off (still), when he should be nearing retirement so that Lori can afford her $14 butter and organic black salve.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Soooo let me get this straight, Lori posts about a wife cheating on her husband and all the men followers scream that he should have divorced her even though most of the time they would say it’s never an option. However, is a husband cheats? Nope shouldn’t divorce him, it was the wife’s fault anyway. One commenter even asked how a wife could put boundaries on a cheating husband but not go against his authority. Spouses have a right to divorce if there’s cheating however at least have the same standards for both sides. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

Did anyone else notice this under Lori's post about girls sending nude pics, about boys asking, after Lori says they're going to ask anyway?  Leghumper Severine is criticizing Lori...will she be the next to be thrown under the ban bus? 

61203872.jpg

• Upvote 16

4 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Leghumper Severine is criticizing Lori...will she be the next to be thrown under the ban bus? 

She has spoken back to Lori many times recently. She comments about the Manosphere convention were critical of the event and the organizers and a few other times she has called out Lori on the issues.   That girly better watch or she'll be banned for good.   Pretty soon she'll end up in the ranks of x-fangirls like Lindy (remember her?), Margaret Gordon and others.

• Upvote 13

4 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

She has spoken back to Lori many times recently. She comments about the Manosphere convention were critical of the event and the organizers and a few other times she has called out Lori on the issues.   That girly better watch or she'll be banned for good.   Pretty soon she'll end up in the ranks of x-fangirls like Lindy (remember her?), Margaret Gordon and others.

God, it's pretty bad when someone like Severine is the voice of reason.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 13

Lazy Lori today tweets about the joy of giving in easing depressive thoughts. Lori, the self-described taker all her life, because she was either lazy or sick or both, is telling us all we should be givers.  The hypocrisy...it hurts. 

I mean it. It literally hurts. Maybe she is a giver. She’s giving me a headache. 

• Upvote 14

Patheos published an article about Lori hitting kids.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020/02/07/christian-blogger-on-hitting-kids-you-must-make-sure-it-hurts-to-be-effective/?fbclid=IwAR2mMcJavXQMeuiIJ09cFZJM3ux9mDkbtLP96QZMeRigQ88z9uIfzlo3dOU

Curious, I went to her blog: 

https://thetransformedwife.com/a-child-left-to-himself/  …

It got numerous responses from some real sickos who have had CPS on them.  In one case, three times!  Seriously?  Makes me sick.   These are the kind of people Lori attracts  Says it all for me.  

Edited by Liza
sp/
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 4

Lori's Twitter never fails to disappoint. This afternoon, she informed us that her dad was amazing even though he never cooked, cleaned, disciplined (SHOCKER), or did anything but bring home a paycheck. 

Mr. Bonkers may work long hours and bring home the majority of the bacon, but you bet your ass he helps me raise our girls. When my uterus is trying to claw its way out of my body, he helps to wash dishes. He makes breakfast (on special occasions). He takes YB to gymnastics on Saturdays. He prays with our girls before bed every night. 

A penis and a paycheck does not a father make, Lori dear.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

How is it any different than a single parent home if the parent is just coming home and doing nothing? Sure there’s a pay check but I’d never be satisfied with that as a child. Children don’t have a concept of money in the same way adults do. What they do have a concept of is of their parents being present in their lives. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

Yeah, I caught the Twitter "brag" about how uninvolved her father was.  I also noticed this exchange:

caught.PNG.731b254e43b1d88f835d831f1b744f58.PNG

Spoiler

94716281_caught1.PNG.720555f2a4572c2213c18a6b51f72083.PNG

Lori's face when people use her own words to catch her in her endless web of lies:

Spoiler

7755386_Go2.PNG.24ca3759fa4445518e133a5afcc4b379.PNG

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10

Sounds like her mother did all the grunt work around the house, and yet her dad, who was never home and was very uninvolved, was "amazing".

Daddy issues anyone?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

@Red Hair, Black Dress,  that awful story about the gossiping teacher makes me think somebody's watched the movie Peyton Place a few too many times.  The character, Serena Cross, is raped by her abusive father and gets pregnant.  The town doctor performs an abortion but writes it down in Serena's records as an appendectomy.  

• Upvote 5

41 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

that awful story about the gossiping teacher makes me think somebody's watched the movie Peyton Place a few too many times.

Could be but the teacher was oh so Christian. She would never have watched a movie like Peyton Place.

She believed all movies were sinful as well as dancing, card playing (even Old Maid and Snap), drinking, cursing, smoking, car dating (that is going on a date alone with a boy in his car), kissing before marriage, etc, etc.  She was a super strict So. Baptist and believed almost everything was a sin. 

She told me repeatedly the first half of the school year that she prayed I'd change my godless heathen Catholic ways, believe in Jesus, accept him as my Lord and Savior, and be born again.... oh and be full immersion baptized as a So. Baptist.

I was always noncommittal until after her rumor spreading. I finally told her that I had no intention of leaving the Catholic church, that I certainly believed in Jesus, that he was and always had been my Lord and Savior, that I'd been baptized at 2 months and didn't need to do it again,  and then filled her in on First Communion and Confirmation.

As you might imagine she didn't take that well.

• Upvote 10

Worlds colliding! Dear sweet Rufus a friend just commented on Lori's tweetScreenshot_20200225_183354_org.mozilla.firefox-01.thumb.jpeg.721bacb290a3d90f6e1c5aba8e1d8fbe.jpeg

She is a severly skilled and has a high profile, extremely badass job. Also she looks like a freakin supermodel.

She added a photo to her reply and it absolutely glorious!

PM me if you want to see the screenshot. Although it is public, posting her tweet her seems really wrong.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic