IGNORED

Dillards 83: WTG JILL - PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!

HerNameIsBuffy

15 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

50 bucks says she goes back to school as soon as Sam starts kindergarten...any takers? 

Completely agree. I’m reading way too much into them enrolling Izzy in PS,  but I hope this means they’re done having kids and as soon as Sam goes full-time Jill will enroll in school that eventually leads to nursing school. 

Edited by Giraffe
Clarifying
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I'd love to see her go to school, even if not necessarily in nursing/midwifery. Do we know this is something she actually wants to do, or was it something she latched onto as one of the few "acceptable" careers in their lifestyle? Maybe she'd take some entry level classes and discover that her true calling is, like, marine biology or something.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

To me, the pre-bedtime rave seems more radical than enrolling a five year old in kindergarten.

Jill comes from a family that freaked out when toddler Jackson wiggled his little butt to a musical baby toy.   HE'S NOT DANCING, HE'S JUMPING FOR JOY!!!  Granted, Dullard comes from a much more mainstream background and he is her headship, but still. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

JB Duggar doesn’t get to have it both ways. If a man is the headship and a married woman is to leave her father and cleave to her husband, what JB and M Duggar believe about ANY issue does not matter one iota in terms of their married, adult children’s lives or decisions. JB certainly did not respect or follow his own father’s path or live his parents’ values. I’d say that Karma is a bitch, but it’s really not Karma, it’s appropriate reality. Children are meant to grow up, mature, form their own thoughts and beliefs and live their own lives inline with their own values! Adults are also meant to positively contribute to their community and society in general beyond attending pro-life rallies.

i don’t care 1 fig about what JB and M Duggar might think about Jill and Dereck’s life or decisions made. Their thoughts on this subject are null and void.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 5

Jill is banned from the TTH without special permission. Why would she want to follow the SOTDRT or any other of her parents' rules? How hurtful must it have been to know that your parents don't welcome you? Go Jill. You sounded more excited than Izzy.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jill is banned from the TTH without special permission. Why would she want to follow the SOTDRT or any other of her parents' rules? How hurtful must it have been to know that your parents don't welcome you? Go Jill. You sounded more excited than Izzy.

Exactly! Did JB’s dad ban JB from his home because he didn’t support irresponsible procreation or having more children than one could possibly care for or support? All JB cares about is money and control. He doesn’t care about those kids beyond how he can control them, and fill  his coffers; which he then uses to more tightly control them!

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Wow.  I didn't see this coming.  I'm glad Israel will be in public school.  Even if Jill and Derick don't change their core beliefs, their kids will be exposed to different people and beliefs for several hours a day.  And maybe, just maybe they won't be as fundie as their parents.

Edited by RosyDaisy
  • Upvote 20

On 2/22/2020 at 6:26 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They’ve been so lax with the youngest 4 daughters compared to the oldest 4 daughters. They are already doomed to rebel in my opinion. They weren’t raised by JB and Michelle exclusively. I’m not saying all the girls will escape fundie land. But I’m guessing at least 2 will. They’ve been ignored so much that I can’t imagine there is as much of a strong hold on them compared to their oldest sisters. 

Let's be real a few of those girls could walk out of that house tomorrow, get lost and adopted by a new family, like a lost puppy, and until they took a group shot for the show, probably the birthday shot to show off how great Michelle and Josie the miracle baby are, I am not 100% sure, I think anyone in that house who would know they are missing. :( Let alone remember to check how fundie they stay after they move out as adults.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 6

Jill has learned some hard and painful truths about her family, but it's honestly for the best.  Her brothers don't have the benefit of her experience, and are woefully mentally and financially unprepared to support themselves and their families.  They will be in a world of hurt when the easy show money dries up. 

I think Boob *finally* sees his family model as a major problem for their long-term financial stability, and that's why we see Jana getting IG (it's not because she's 30, y'all), all the girls shilling stuff on IG, Jed 2020, and Jessa reviving her YouTube channel.  Also, I think Boob's real estate success has been due to luck more than good business sense...they still can't unload the Baylor Mansion and they have multiple vacant properties that aren't generating income.  TLC money has made Boob soft too.  

There is a reckoning coming for the J boys...

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I thought Derrick said she couldn’t go if JB wasn’t around not banned from the house.  Also, at the time Jill went to the house with Jess the entire family was in Tennessee for. Bates wedding.  I might have been inclined to ask permission too.  And we also don’t know if similar rules do or don’t exist for the other married duggar offspring.  

end duggar defense

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I think I  said she needs permission. That's strange to me, as the Wolf kids don't need permission from us to come to the house. They both have keys. We usually know when Wolf Boy is coming because he lives in the other side of the country, though he did surprise us once. Wolf girl lives in town, and pops by randomly.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just strange to me.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think I  said she needs permission. That's strange to me, as the Wolf kids don't need permission from us to come to the house. They both have keys. We usually know when Wolf Boy is coming because he lives in the other side of the country, though he did surprise us once. Wolf girl lives in town, and pops by randomly.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just strange to me.

It's strange to me, too.  As long as there is breath in my body I cannot imagine any of my kiddos not being welcome in my home whenever they choose.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It's strange to me, too.  As long as there is breath in my body I cannot imagine any of my kiddos not being welcome in my home whenever they choose.

This is why I'm looking to buy a fairly large house for being single. I need room for my kids and grandkids. Whether it's a visit or God forbid, their lives implode and they need a safe place to land, they WILL have a place. Hell, I couldn't deny #2 son when he came home when David got sick, and his life was sorta falling apart. He drives me bonkers at times, but this is my child. As such, I will make room for him. But yeah, this is why the single lady is looking for a minimum 4 bedroom house. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 16

While I think this is incredible news for a Duggar grandchild, Jill did say they were “letting” him do kindergarten for now. It may not be a permanent decision...

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

I’m not sure if this is nationwide, but where I live: there’s been a mass exodus of fundies and fundie-lites out of our public schools for the past decade or so.  You’d think it was free nugget day at Chik Fil Et.

A few popular charter school options have popped up.  They are homeschool/school hybrid programs.  So, any parent who doesn’t like the ebil ways of public schoolin; can just enroll in a charter homeschool program and get all of their curriculum for free.

To see a fundie family enrolling a kid in a traditional public school—I’m genuinely surprised.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

While I think this is incredible news for a Duggar grandchild, Jill did say they were “letting” him do kindergarten for now. It may not be a permanent decision...

No way in hell will she go back to homeschooling once she experiences the sweet freedom of having her days to herself. Yes, she'll have Sam at first, but one child is so easy compare to two. And in a couple of years he'll start kindergarten too.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5

Just now, AtlanticTug said:

No way in hell will she go back to homeschooling once she experiences the sweet freedom of having her days to herself. Yes, she'll have Sam at first, but one child is so easy compare to two. And in a couple of years he'll start kindergarten too.

YES!!!  I love my kids so so so much—more than anything in the world.  

But that feeling after I drop them off at school, those precious 15 minutes before my day starts; I feel like I’m on vacation.  And I’m like, “it’s free!  They watch my kids for free from 8-3, 5 days a week!”—how did I get so lucky!?!?

• Upvote 24
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I agree homeschooling is likely off the table,  but I think for a different reason.

She likely has an idea, but not to the full extent of how inadequate her education is.  Once she sees what he's going to learn with actual teachers she'll know she can't give him that and will keep him where he is.

Just supposition but I don't think once she sees how truly limited her SOTDRT she would be able to deny her kids a better shot at life.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 14

6 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

They may be trying it out. Jill had a very sheltered childhood and was home schooled her whole life. Sending her kid off to school is something, she probably, never thought she would be doing. Derrick may have thought otherwise, but Jill probably pictured herself as a homeschooling stay at home mom with her kids. She may be having nerves sending her son off to school considering she was raised to believe that public schools are evil in her sheltered life.

Plus she and Derrick are celebrities, so to say. So, she may be concerned about him being bullied in school for them on TV, albeit in the past, and past social media posts from Derrick that are homophobic and trans phobic.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

What happens when Izzy learns in science class how old the earth is and rushes home to share with mom? Has Derick already broke the news to her? Does Jill believe him or does she, deep down, believe her parents? Oh to be a fly on the wall of The Dillard home when topics like this start arising. 

I can't begin to imagine how badly Jill will feel (or has already felt) when she truly grasps how poorly her parents educated her. I just hope Derick doesn't belittle her for it. I can dream, right? 

• Upvote 8

23 minutes ago, Silas said:

What happens when Izzy learns in science class how old the earth is and rushes home to share with mom? Has Derick already broke the news to her? Does Jill believe him or does she, deep down, believe her parents? Oh to be a fly on the wall of The Dillard home when topics like this start arising. 

I can't begin to imagine how badly Jill will feel (or has already felt) when she truly grasps how poorly her parents educated her. I just hope Derick doesn't belittle her for it. I can dream, right? 

I hope that DD is kind when dealing with Jill’s educational deficits.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I hope that DD is kind when dealing with Jill’s educational deficits.

I’m guessing that’s why Jill is putting Izzy in school. DD posted he was going over a paper for Jill once and then never anything else about Jill’s class. I hope he was gentle but it had to be hard. The Dillard’s appear to have put in some work to get Jill comfortable in her own skin. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

I hope it’s a good thing too! And in general I think openness to ideas outside of cult thinking is really positive. I could see it going either way: she never looks back and enjoys the opportunities traditional schooling affords her or it backfires and as the kids get older the conflict with worldly exposure increases and they pull them out for older years. 

I just noticed that it was a carefully worded announcement that doesn’t mean they’ve decided public school forever. 

• Upvote 1

My guess is now that he’s enrolled, they’re a PS family through 12th grade. I’m sure DD being in public school has a lot of weight. I hope Jill will be one of the favorite room moms. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic