IGNORED

I'm Missing the Crazy Adoption Threads

katilac

@Stormy That Stauffer YouTuber did in fact "rehome" her adopted autistic child from China. This gets so messy and gross when you think about the fact that all her videos about the adoption were monetized. And her poor children - not only Huxley, but her bio kids have to be traumatized from seeing they brother given away. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone here ever heard of Tia Azevedo? She went under adoptingesther on insta. She was originally going to get two special needs girls because Jesus, and then she turned one down after the first visit (that kid got adopted by someone else and seems to be doing really well). It seemed that Esther was the "good" one but when they got her home, Tia started posting about how she would never stop screaming and she couldn't handle it. 

Now her social medias are shut down and if you got to her facebook, the bio says "Will not accept message requests - will block for being intrusive. finding people's personal fb is ?". Anyone know what happened to her? My best guess, she dissolved the adoption. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, thatiranianphantom said:

Anyone here ever heard of Tia Azevedo? She went under adoptingesther on insta. She was originally going to get two special needs girls because Jesus, and then she turned one down after the first visit (that kid got adopted by someone else and seems to be doing really well). It seemed that Esther was the "good" one but when they got her home, Tia started posting about how she would never stop screaming and she couldn't handle it. 

Now her social medias are shut down and if you got to her facebook, the bio says "Will not accept message requests - will block for being intrusive. finding people's personal fb is ?". Anyone know what happened to her? My best guess, she dissolved the adoption. 

Ooh, I remember seeing something about this a while back but never followed up...last I heard was when they had decided not to adopt the other girl, whom they called Zita. I remember that Tia herself had been adopted from Romania and felt "called" to return the favor, as stated in one of her many testimonies. The link is from a blog promoting Ukraine adoption that made a post congratulating several families on the arrival of their children to the U.S., including Esther (now named Posey, I guess), in mid-November of last year.

Can you remember when the updates stopped/tapered off? I'm curious as to how long it took her (and her husband) to give up on Esther; I don't doubt that it was an extremely challenging situation, but what were they expecting? I imagine that it would take a lot of time for a traumatized, horrifically-neglected ten-year-old girl with severe special needs to adjust well in a new country and new family. The remark about the screaming breaks my heart. Another mother who adopted from Ukraine told an eerily similar story of their family's profoundly disabled son whom they adopted from Ukraine, who, at seventeen-years-old, was hardly bigger than an infant: she wrote candidly in the months that followed about how they couldn't seem to make him happy or comfortable, and that even a warm bubble bath would cause him to scream in terror. Luckily, that story ended totally differently in that, once he'd put on a lot of necessary weight and got his plethora of medical issues addressed (which took a very long time), he became a totally different kid and is doing fantastic by the looks of their Instagram. (They're a very interesting case, familiar story of a young LDS family with several bio kids who feel that they were directly commanded by God to adopt in this manner. I thought they were in over their heads, which I thankfully appear to have been wrong about.)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

6 hours ago, Stormy said:

Another mother who adopted from Ukraine told an eerily similar story of their family's profoundly disabled son whom they adopted from Ukraine, 

Looks like they have a second son from Ukraine as well. 

• Upvote 1

The two were adopted at the same time.   I follow her through friends, and both boys appear to be making wonderful progress.   I believe both boys are the same age as well

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2020 at 6:34 PM, Stormy said:

Can you remember when the updates stopped/tapered off?

Months ago....I think maybe around January? It was at first relatively sympathetic towards Esther, but then comments became short replies to a suggestion with "she just screams all day" or something like that. I don't remember seeing any warning, it was just gone. 

And totally agree, I'm sure it's hard but the indications are they dissolved. No photos online, all socials gone, and her bio indicates someone tried to contact her about it before.

The other child, Ziva, I follow the family that adopted her on Facebook. For how scary they thought she was (they mentioned they were scared for their other children) she's in a large family and seems to be doing very well. 

And I've seen the family with the two boys! Quite a transformation in one. I think with Esther they may have never really gotten over the hump? If I think back, she was only home for a few months before these posts started. They didn't come close to a year before they went dark. 

Edited by thatiranianphantom
Punctuation
  • Upvote 1

On 2/5/2020 at 7:10 PM, jiggleromp said:

Smiles and Trials

I swear I thought Christine from Smiles and Trials was blogging elsewhere. I know last I read Julia, I think it was, was married but I forgot about them. It's been a while since I looked at them. I had to Google to remember who she was lol

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 7:28 PM, calliopecassandra said:

I swear I thought Christine from Smiles and Trials was blogging elsewhere. I know last I read Julia, I think it was, was married but I forgot about them. It's been a while since I looked at them. I had to Google to remember who she was lol

I fell down the "Smiles and Trials" rabbit hole once. Christine Reed is mostly on FB sharing lots of fake news. I do not think she is blogging anymore, I do not think she adopting anymore (thank god) but might be more active in Down Syndrome or Cerebral Palsy circles.

Their adopting spree ended when Russia stopped US adoptions. She seems to be focusing on grandkids and spreading fake news on FB...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SuperSluth said:

I fell down the "Smiles and Trials" rabbit hole once. Christine Reed is mostly on FB sharing lots of fake news. I do not think she is blogging anymore, I do not think she adopting anymore (thank god) but might be more active in Down Syndrome or Cerebral Palsy circles.

Their adopting spree ended when Russia stopped US adoptions. She seems to be focusing on grandkids and spreading fake news on FB...

Is her fb public or any posts? I'll check tomorrow. Getting ready for bed. How many grandkids do they have now?

• Upvote 1

There is a child on a rehoming page that looks strikingly similar to Kimi's "Jie-Jie", who has lovely and rather unique features.    There wasn't much in the way of information given, just that she had been placed with a family.   
It is a public page, but do not know that it is appropriate to post the picture here.   I wonder what realy went down at that house

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Inthemadhouse said:

There is a child on a rehoming page that looks strikingly similar to Kimi's "Jie-Jie", who has lovely and rather unique features.    There wasn't much in the way of information given, just that she had been placed with a family.   
It is a public page, but do not know that it is appropriate to post the picture here.   I wonder what realy went down at that house

Is the rehoming page private? 

• Upvote 1

No.  It is a FB group and I just double checked that I have not liked it and am not following them.   It is not private.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Inthemadhouse said:

How old is the girl in question? I think it would be okay to link to the group as long as it is not private. It is not against the rules to post the pic but since the girl is likely a kid it feels squicky. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

How old is the girl in question? I think it would be okay to link to the group as long as it is not private. It is not against the rules to post the pic but since the girl is likely a kid it feels squicky. 

Yeah, it felt squicky to me as well, which is why I did not post it originally, even though the page was public.  I'll just stick with saying that I am 99% sure the child is JieJie, and she has found a new home.   I wonder where that leaves 'Apple', and hope that she is safe

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Inthemadhouse said:

Yeah, it felt squicky to me as well, which is why I did not post it originally, even though the page was public.  I'll just stick with saying that I am 99% sure the child is JieJie, and she has found a new home.   I wonder where that leaves 'Apple', and hope that she is safe

She will be rehomed as soon as her disabilities manifest themselves too much. I wonder where the older two girls are? Kimmie went silent and Firefighter dumped her. He seemed fairly kind to the girls and did a lot. I am wondering if old Kimmie showed her true colors about the girls and he left.

• Upvote 1

'Sissy' was posted a bit ago and appears to be living with another LDS family.  Whether she was kicked out or ran away is anyone's guess.   
I'm assuming the 'Blossom' is out of the house as well.    
I was really shocked to see that JieJie had been rehomed though.  She was the first daughter and had been with Kimi for over a decade.  It breaks my heart to think of the trauma she's been though, losing her culture and Chinese family, and then the only mother she has ever known.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Inthemadhouse said:

'Sissy' was posted a bit ago and appears to be living with another LDS family.  Whether she was kicked out or ran away is anyone's guess.   
I'm assuming the 'Blossom' is out of the house as well.    
I was really shocked to see that JieJie had been rehomed though.  She was the first daughter and had been with Kimi for over a decade.  It breaks my heart to think of the trauma she's been though, losing her culture and Chinese family, and then the only mother she has ever known.

I think Sissy ran. Her actions point to her hating her home situation. I was glad to see her in a new home. Her smile actually reached her eyes.

i guarantee that since JieJie is being  rehomed than Blossom has been kicked out too. JieJie use to have long hair now it's an an institution style hair cut. I think Kim uses that hairstyle as a punishment. 

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

I think Sissy ran. Her actions point to her hating her home situation. I was glad to see her in a new home. Her smile actually reached her eyes.

i guarantee that since JieJie is being  rehomed than Blossom has been kicked out too. JieJie use to have long hair now it's an an institution style hair cut. I think Kim uses that hairstyle as a punishment. 

The little girl I saw had beautiful long hair, so maybe it was not JieJie after all.  I don't know whether to hope it is or not, both options seem terrible for her

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Inthemadhouse said:

The little girl I saw had beautiful long hair, so maybe it was not JieJie after all.  I don't know whether to hope it is or not, both options seem terrible for her

I could be mistaken too. The girl I saw had the horrible hair cut Kimmie made Sissy and Blossom get. It was on a rehomeing Facebook page. The girl was pictured with a lab. Kimmie got a few labs right before she went dark. 

• Upvote 3

I saw that girl, too, but she is not the one I was thinking about.  The one I was thinking about was posted July 27 and had found a new adoptive home.  It's sad that so many children are looking for new homes, and the fault lies with all of the different people involved, excluding the kids.

6 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

I could be mistaken too. The girl I saw had the horrible hair cut Kimmie made Sissy and Blossom get. It was on a rehomeing Facebook page. The girl was pictured with a lab. Kimmie got a few labs right before she went dark. 

Edited by Inthemadhouse
clarification
  • Thank You 2

The girl with the bob haircut and the dog looked more like Apple than JieJie, but Apple is only 7.5 now, and this girl is 9.  JieJie is quite a bit older than that (she would be 15 now) and had a very thin frame, she looks more like the picture you reference from July 27, but that girl still looks way younger than JieJie did in the latest pics I saw of her (from 2017).

• Upvote 4

Would you mind possibly sharing that Facebook page? I'm searching and don't see anything like that on FB. 

I briefly followed Kimmie but it was after she had gone dark. She doesn't live too far from me so I've always been kind of curious about her.

Also as an adoptive parent I could not imagine rehoming my kid. We made our decision and we are sticking with it, even on the rough days.

I won't even rehome my pets, with the exception of the rooster that was attacking everyone.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Would you mind possibly sharing that Facebook page? I'm searching and don't see anything like that on FB. 

I briefly followed Kimmie but it was after she had gone dark. She doesn't live too far from me so I've always been kind of curious about her.

Also as an adoptive parent I could not imagine rehoming my kid. We made our decision and we are sticking with it, even on the rough days.

I won't even rehome my pets, with the exception of the rooster that was attacking everyone.

It's second chance Adoptions 

• Thank You 1

On 8/18/2020 at 11:40 PM, calliopecassandra said:

Is her fb public or any posts? I'll check tomorrow. Getting ready for bed. How many grandkids do they have now?

Rachel has two, Annalyn has one, Sam got married to a girl named Rebecka and they have one! Some posts are set to public... and of course all the fake news ?

• Love 1