IGNORED

I'm Missing the Crazy Adoption Threads

katilac

The young girl with no information, posted on July 27th looks too young to be Jie-Jie, but it does look like her. 

In June 2017, Kimi posted that Sissy would be starting the Adult transitional program in the fall, and they would see where that goes. Then in September, she filed for conservatorship, and was denied. "Blossom" was 16 at this point, so she'd be a legal adult by now. (I think she's 20 now)

Jie-Jie would be 16. Those second chance adoption facebook groups are so shady. I wouldn't put it past them to reuse photos or just use ones they found in a google image search that look similar. 

Kimi had unrealistic expectations and took on way too much - 4 kids with special needs, 4 dogs, and then her adult partnership ended. I hope she's OK too, just because she's a human being who has a bunch of weird stuff in her past too. Looks like she took care of her grandmother until she died, her mom appears to have two different last names, neither off which are Thomas, and Kimi alluded to her mom "dumping stuff on her" as a child. It's all so weird. First I hope the kids are OK and living their best lives, then I wonder about how Kimi handled it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

It's weird cause she didn't have any complaints about Jie Jie back then, she was always going after Blossom and Sissy. I wonder what happened.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, freejugar said:

It's weird cause she didn't have any complaints about Jie Jie back then, she was always going after Blossom and Sissy. I wonder what happened.

It isn't JieJie on the site.  This girl is probably 5 years or more younger than JieJie.

• Upvote 3

Are we discussing the Muvahills (there’s no place like home) somewhere currently? 

Sarah (oldest adoption child) mysteriously disappeared from all current pictures and isn’t mentioned in any current posts anymore.  Several people ask in the comments about Sarah but Jean doesn’t address it.

Jean does however keep talking about the financial times that are rough. She even posts in her latest blog post about the free food the family is receiving through the school board. All while Jean and Jim keep travelling to / with golden child Katie and her family. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

Are we discussing the Muvahills (there’s no place like home) somewhere currently? 

Sarah (oldest adoption child) mysteriously disappeared from all current pictures and isn’t mentioned in any current posts anymore.  Several people ask in the comments about Sarah but Jean doesn’t address it.
Jean does however keep talking about the financial times that are rough. She even posts in her latest blog post about the free food the family is receiving through the school board. All while Jean and Jim keep travelling to / with golden child Katie and her family. 

I actually enjoyed Jean’s blog, although I haven’t really followed it since their return move. Just going by the sizes of the houses they lived in, I can’t really picture them with money troubles. I hope it all works out ok for them.
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, SummerRocks said:

I've wondered this too. In the post Shelter in Place (May 3, 2020) Sarah is pictured with Billy and Kelly so I was wondering (hoping) if she is living with them. First I wondered if Sarah was no longer part of the kid count, but I think Jean wrote 21 kids 5 bio 16 adopted before they adopted Mary (in 2019) because it said soon to be 5 grandchildren, and the 5th grandchild is now born.  On the left they list all the kids with an individual picture, and Sarah and Jake aren't listed, but Jake is in all the pictures so I am guessing this is a mistake. I would love a Sarah update, but Sarah may have asked for privacy, and if that is the case I hope Jean will respect it. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

I've wondered this too. In the post Shelter in Place (May 3, 2020) Sarah is pictured with Billy and Kelly so I was wondering (hoping) if she is living with them. First I wondered if Sarah was no longer part of the kid count, but I think Jean wrote 21 kids 5 bio 16 adopted before they adopted Mary (in 2019) because it said soon to be 5 grandchildren, and the 5th grandchild is now born.  On the left they list all the kids with an individual picture, and Sarah and Jake aren't listed, but Jake is in all the pictures so I am guessing this is a mistake. I would love a Sarah update, but Sarah may have asked for privacy, and if that is the case I hope Jean will respect it. 

On Katie's Instagram there's a recent photo of Sarah with all the other kids. Towards the left in the purple shirt for anyone else who wants to inappropriately snoop ?️‍♀️.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Ausje said:

On Katie's Instagram there's a recent photo of Sarah with all the other kids. Towards the left in the purple shirt for anyone else who wants to inappropriately snoop ?️‍♀️.

You mean the picture posted yesterday “missing this crew already” ? Cause that’s not Sarah in the purple shirt (it’s Ava)

@ifosterkittens ekkkkk I didn’t notice she took Sarah away from the left side of the homepage (individual pictures introduction). Oh man, I wonder what went down there! 

I notice Sarah and Mia both have social media accounts and Sarah seems to be in a relationship ... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

12 hours ago, SummerRocks said:

You mean the picture posted yesterday “missing this crew already” ? Cause that’s not Sarah in the purple shirt (it’s Ava)

Oh! You're right! Oops. Hm, so she's really not around any more. Hopefully she's just off being independent and asked for some privacy. I did notice that Matt and Caitlin's second daughter's name is also on there now. They kept that quiet for longer than they managed with the first, but Jean seems to post everything eventually.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

On There's No Place Like Home on the left side where the kids have a picture and little blurb it now says Billy, Kelly, Sarah and Max (dog) with a picture of them and it says "Billy, Kelly, Sarah and Max lived together during the beginning of Covid!" Several people have asked about Sarah in comments, so maybe this is Jean's way of answering. Also Jake still doesn't have a picture or blurb in the lineup. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/25/2020 at 5:31 PM, PumaLover said:

Also as an adoptive parent I could not imagine rehoming my kid. We made our decision and we are sticking with it, even on the rough days.

We had a foster daughter for 2 years, during which time we were working to adopt her. We also had our first two children. 

FD's problems were so great that they nearly broke up my marriage, and they caused many problems for our sons.

We finally determined, with the social worker, that the hustle and bustle of our family life caused so much anxiety for FD that she couldn't cope. Despite therapy, despite all the things we tried to help her with, we decided to request she be placed with another family. She was placed where she could be the only child in a home where there would always be one parent at home, and a grand parent figure down the street. (This is oversimplified; she had many issues, all of which were being addressed.)

She did somewhat better in that situation, but never completely got comfortable.

We grieved for years, and we still talk about her. Even the two children who came after her know about her and her history.

That was the most difficult decision of my life. We'd gone into this planning that she'd be our daughter for life, and we meant it. The grief, the guilt, the anxiety, anger, resentment, were there. We meant to stick with our decision, but finally, for her sake as well as for ours, we had to change our minds. 

It does happen, but it makes me very uncomfortable at how often it does happen in some places.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 27

So Sarah -maybe potentially- lives with Billy and Kelly. 

It is unreal how disposable these adopted children are to Jean though. She changed her cover photo to one without Sarah, but the golden grandkids are obviously included.

For someone who plastered a lot of private things regarding each child online in her blog, the least she could do is address where Sarah is. I bet something major went down.

Also how scary for the other adopted kids, out of sight out of mind?! Sarah was the second adopted child and the oldest of the adopted children, she must have had close relationships with at least some of her siblings. 

I also wonder how many more siblings Billy, Kelly and the rest of the bio kids and their significant others are going to have to take in ... eventually ...

edit; Jean doesn’t show up in Sarah’s Facebook friend list 

Edited by SummerRocks
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure that's fair. Sarah's 20! It's perfectly reasonable to think that she might have moved out to get on with her life, like most people do at some point. And she may well have asked not to be included on the blog any more.

Edited by Ausje
adding more
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

For sure, it’s just that most 20 year olds I know aren’t moving in with a sibling who has a relationship. 

Maybe I’m wrong but to me Jean never talked highly about any of the adopted kids, only the bio kids. From Sarah’s Facebook I see she’s now in college. More power to her! I hope she is ok, and I’m sure she is - but that doesn’t take away that after years of reading the blog I am super curious ?

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2020 at 10:58 PM, SummerRocks said:

So Sarah -maybe potentially- lives with Billy and Kelly. 

It is unreal how disposable these adopted children are to Jean though. She changed her cover photo to one without Sarah, but the golden grandkids are obviously included.

For someone who plastered a lot of private things regarding each child online in her blog, the least she could do is address where Sarah is. I bet something major went down.

Also how scary for the other adopted kids, out of sight out of mind?! Sarah was the second adopted child and the oldest of the adopted children, she must have had close relationships with at least some of her siblings. 

I also wonder how many more siblings Billy, Kelly and the rest of the bio kids and their significant others are going to have to take in ... eventually ...

edit; Jean doesn’t show up in Sarah’s Facebook friend list 

Sarah is an adult so I am not overly concerned about her moving out and moving on with her life. She may have chosen to live with Billy and Kelly as a stepping stone to independence, because it is closer to her college, or a host of other reasons. She is friends with several siblings on social media so I don't think she is on the outs with the family. As for Jean changing the profile picture, she tends to do that whenever golden child Katie (the photographer) is in town and organizes a new family picture for her. I think things will be more telling if Sarah doesn't show up in pictures during the holidays. Otherwise I assume it is just a case of an adult child growing up and perhaps asking to not be featured online (one of Jean's bio sons asked the same for his family).

• Upvote 4

Is anyone else noticing what is going on with Susanna Musser (The Blessing of Verity) right now?  She has been making posts supporting BLM, talking about spiritual abuse and how to recognize it, and speaking out against Trump.  She has made references to leaving her fundie days behind.

No doubt, she is still a very conservative woman, and holds many abhorrent views.  But I am wondering what the impetus for this change might be.  Hopefully nothing tragic has happened to her or the kids

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Inthemadhouse said:

But I am wondering what the impetus for this change might be.  

Maybe sanity is beginning to spread throughout the land (she says hopefully).

• Upvote 5

Is anyone else noticing what is going on with Susanna Musser (The Blessing of Verity) right now?  She has been making posts supporting BLM, talking about spiritual abuse and how to recognize it, and speaking out against Trump.  She has made references to leaving her fundie days behind.
No doubt, she is still a very conservative woman, and holds many abhorrent views.  But I am wondering what the impetus for this change might be.  Hopefully nothing tragic has happened to her or the kids

I’m so happy to hear this. I’ve always had a soft spot for her.
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 6:27 PM, Queen Of Hearts said:

Sarah is an adult so I am not overly concerned about her moving out and moving on with her life. She may have chosen to live with Billy and Kelly as a stepping stone to independence, because it is closer to her college, or a host of other reasons. She is friends with several siblings on social media so I don't think she is on the outs with the family. As for Jean changing the profile picture, she tends to do that whenever golden child Katie (the photographer) is in town and organizes a new family picture for her. I think things will be more telling if Sarah doesn't show up in pictures during the holidays. Otherwise I assume it is just a case of an adult child growing up and perhaps asking to not be featured online (one of Jean's bio sons asked the same for his family).

Two new posts by Jean today. One on RAD and one answering questions. Yes, Sarah has moved out on her own and they don't hear from her. That strikes me as a little strange. Something must have happened. Yes, she has a boyfriend and is in college (maybe) but to not be in touch at all is very wrong. How is she supporting herself? Why does Jean spend the first 95% of the blog post saying that everyone gets along so well? 

• Upvote 4

Just in case anyone was wondering, Jean addressed that Sarah moved out in February seeking more independence and she adds;

“We heard from her in the beginning

but we do not hear from her now.

We wish her the best.”

Oy! 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, SummerRocks said:

“We heard from her in the beginning

but we do not hear from her now.

We wish her the best.”

Goodness. Maybe it's just me reading to much into it, but the phrasing makes it seem like Jean had the expectation that Sarah was responsible for keeping in contact. Having one parent like that myself, it doesn't go unnoticed that your Mom/Dad never call you and it definitely can bring up a lot of questions about your worth and importance after awhile.

Also, "we wish her the best" is something you say to someone about a colleague or maybe friend after a falling out with them to avoid bad mouthing them. It's not what you say about your freaking daughter. It's kind of an acceptance that the relationship is gone and isn't worth fighting for. It's sad. I hope Sarah has loving and supportive people around her.

• Upvote 8

I could not agree more with you Aine! To me it isn’t a normal thing to say about your own child either: “We wish her well”,     how must the younger siblings feel about all this?! Oh and Jean made sure to write Mia moved out as well, but it wasn’t what she expected so Mia was welcomed back ?

I always said I have a feeling something big went down there, and I’m convinced even more now that that is in fact the case. 

Only Bill, Johnny and Matt are Sarah’s Facebook friends at the moment. At some point Katie and Mia (and either Emma or Ellie) were as well but I guess no longer.

• Upvote 4

On 10/13/2020 at 3:29 PM, SummerRocks said:

Oh and Jean made sure to write Mia moved out as well, but it wasn’t what she expected so Mia was welcomed back ?

That's such bizarre phrasing. Almost every adult I know has moved back in, at least temporarily, with their parents at some point after they moved out of the family home. Whether it was a month between leases, during the post-college job-hunt, because another living situation didn't work, or leaving a bad relationship- it happens. Most parents I know don't see their kids moving out or trying to be more independent as a 'rejection', and if it doesn't go well or their kid is struggling, they want their kid to say something so they can help and keep the door open to their children (within reason).

@JermajestyDuggar, it truly sounds like a group home more than a family. :(

• Upvote 4