IGNORED

I'm Missing the Crazy Adoption Threads

katilac

Has all been quiet in fundie adoption land, or have the blogs gone private? Surely someone is publicly doing something batshit crazy. Help a sister out. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 5

There's no place like home doesn't blog much anymore, they moved and then had to go back. She never gives much details but now she posts maybe every few months, if at all. They haven't adopted recently.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pikapika said:

There's no place like home doesn't blog much anymore, they moved and then had to go back. She never gives much details but now she posts maybe every few months, if at all. They haven't adopted recently.

Actually, they did add another daughter to their family last year. It sounds like it was another failed adoption/re-home situation.  Pretty sure China has finally cut them off.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Actually, they did add another daughter to their family last year. It sounds like it was another failed adoption/re-home situation.  Pretty sure China has finally cut them off.

Ah I missed that!! I used to check frequently but since she stopped blogging a lot I only check every few months. Yeah, you are right about China cutting them off, if i remember correctly they tried to do another double adoption and got denied. I only remember Jenny being added as a failed adoption, didn't realize there was another one.

I had Jenny and Grace mixed up too, they add kids one after the other, but totally missed Mary, the last adoption that happened in 2019!

Just now, freejugar said:

What about fencingmama? I'm a bit scared about what happened with the older girls

I so agree. She went radio silent quite awhile ago, but that was a bad situation. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2020 at 7:17 PM, pikapika said:

I did not hear of this family before but I googled them because of this topic.

I see they introduce their kids on the side of the blog and in between the 5 'birth kids' there is a picture of 'Billy & Kelly'. I don't know which of the two is theirs and which is the spouse but if they are in birth order, they should be between 27 and 32 years old. It says 'been married for 15 years but dated for 10 years beforehand'.

Does that mean these people started dating at the age of 7 at the latest? ?

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I did not hear of this family before but I googled them because of this topic.

I see they introduce their kids on the side of the blog and in between the 5 'birth kids' there is a picture of 'Billy & Kelly'. I don't know which of the two is theirs and which is the spouse but if they are in birth order, they should be between 27 and 32 years old. It says 'been married for 15 years but dated for 10 years beforehand'.

Does that mean these people started dating at the age of 7 at the latest? ?

They have been married 1.5 years. You just missed the period between the numbers... Easy to do with the font she uses on the blog.  Billy is the son.

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Thank You 3

One of my earliest Fundie blogs was Mama D (Laurel Diacogenis ... I can never spell her name without looking it up but probably just as well to leave it incorrect if this is one of the public threads).  A month or two ago I was curious about her kids and found several of them on FB and from what was public I found out a bunch of updates.  Posted it on her archive thread and I don't remember all of the details atm but highlights were that Hosanna got married, Rachel (one of the adopted daughters) is living in Minnesota, the other adopted daughter - the one who was shipped off to a therapeutic group home - was still there but had won a poetry recitation competition in Idaho, and then the older daughter who had moved to Australia has a website that sounds like she's completely left her religion and is doing some new agey stuff.  

• Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

They have been married 1.5 years. You just missed the period between the numbers... Easy to do with the font she uses on the blog.  Billy is the son.

Ahhhh that makes way more sense!

I thought there must be something I missed but with fundies you never know...

Is Megan Redshaw blogging anywhere? She was nuts. I can’t remember if her kids from the Congo were permanently placed or if it was in limbo. 

• Upvote 1

I bet lots of these adoption bloggers have dropped out of sight to avoid CFS scrutiny.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

No place like home

Adeye Salem

Smiles and Trials

and the gold Fencingmama.

I miss them all.  Jean updates sometimes.  Adeye sometimes updates.  Silence from the other two.  I have a sad.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Is Megan Redshaw blogging anywhere? She was nuts. I can’t remember if her kids from the Congo were permanently placed or if it was in limbo. 

Living Whole on Facebook (it's an open page). She posted something on January 28 about how she's been fighting for 21 months to get her kids back.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

20 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Living Whole on Facebook (it's an open page). She posted something on January 28 about how she's been fighting for 21 months to get her kids back.

Let’s hope she never gets them back and eventually gives up. They are better off with someone who actually wants them.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Can't remember her name .but that nutcase lady who adopted four Chinese girls with disabilities -

She called the youngest "Apple" and JiJi? Radio silent for ages, her firefighter boyfreind left her and her last blog post was rather dark and alarming, any updates on her? I think the oldest must be a legal adult now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, squiddysquid said:

Can't remember her name .but that nutcase lady who adopted four Chinese girls with disabilities -

She called the youngest "Apple" and JiJi? Radio silent for ages, her firefighter boyfreind left her and her last blog post was rather dark and alarming, any updates on her? I think the oldest must be a legal adult now.

Yeah, that was fencingmama.

It was such an awful situation. I’ve read all the threads and the way she treated the girls was just horrific.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Can't figure out how to quote from other threads, so here's a link and a screenshot from the blog post.

It's downright scary and when I klicked on her blog link just now it said the privacy changed to invited readers only.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/29427-adoptive-mothers-3-women-who-dont-deserve-mothers-day/page/14/#comments

mimi.jpg

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 7

From Jean's There's No Place Like Home you can go to Place Called Simplicity and Seriously Blessed both are large international adoptive families and there is also http://headsup07up.blogspot.com. A foster care adoption blog (adopted 4 siblings from foster care) https://nomoremoves.blogspot.com shares the difficult struggles of a child J with RAD (reactive attachment disorder), and is probably one of the most comprehensive in detailing the various residential treatments they seek, and mental health struggles J has. The blog also discusses some of D's struggles with mental health. 

https://mineinchina.com keeps very current on the changes in adoption in China. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I followed fencingmama for years. When her blog went private that's when I first found freejinger looking for an update!

In addition to adoption blogs I used to read a lot of blogs about multiples. They sometimes had a similar feel of "in way over our heads but this is what God wanted so...". 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Can't figure out how to quote from other threads, so here's a link and a screenshot from the blog post.

It's downright scary and when I klicked on her blog link just now it said the privacy changed to invited readers only.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/29427-adoptive-mothers-3-women-who-dont-deserve-mothers-day/page/14/#comments

Wow, thanks for that bit of insanity. Even scarier, the two comments that were readable agreed with and applauded her. The lady who said "ditto" also said she was opening up her home to two more, bc you always say 'yes' to God. If God is speaking to them, I'm pretty sure something is getting lost in the translation. 

Edited to add: I'd love to know if commenter actually adopted two more. Let's hope not. 

Edited by katilac
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

@AussieKrissy started a thread in Quiverfull of True Crime  on an "adoption by kidnapping" in the Philippines by a Mormon mother of five from Sandy, Utah. 

Apparently, the mom went to the Philippines, where she'd arranged to be at the birth of a baby, and attempted to return to the US with the 6-day-old infant by hiding him in a sling bag. She got through Immigration but was arrested during the boarding process because she had no documentation for the baby.  It seems the birth mother readily gave up her baby to Jennifer Talbot, but there are few other details. 

Link to thread here: Mormon Mother Child Trafficking Charge

• Sad 1
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, Howl said:

@AussieKrissy started a thread in Quiverfull of True Crime  on an "adoption by kidnapping" in the Philippines by a Mormon mother of five from Sandy, Utah. 

Apparently, the mom went to the Philippines, where she'd arranged to be at the birth of a baby, and attempted to return to the US with the 6-day-old infant by hiding him in a sling bag. She got through Immigration but was arrested during the boarding process because she had no documentation for the baby.  It seems the birth mother readily gave up her baby to Jennifer Talbot, but there are few other details. 

Link to thread here: Mormon Mother Child Trafficking Charge

I was looking where to put this, thank you :) I learn something new about FJ every day

• Upvote 1