IGNORED

Girl Defined 2: Aren’t They Women Yet?

nelliebelle1197

You know, it would be so easy to just get a baby scale to track his weight, but WTF do I know. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Hane said:

You know, it would be so easy to just get a baby scale to track his weight, but WTF do I know. 

I was thinking this, too. Is this not a thing? I would absolutely be weighing my newborn daily out of sheer paranoia.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hane said:

Does she not have a lactation consultant? Maybe I’m privileged because one of my friends is a licenced LC, but she would definitely be weighing the baby before nursing and then weighing after in order to see how much the baby is getting through nursing. And of course regular weight checks. You can even buy baby scales online so you wouldn’t even need a lactation consultant to help with weighing. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Hane said:

Or just hold the baby weigh yourself without the baby and substract....

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does she not have a lactation consultant? Maybe I’m privileged because one of my friends is a licenced LC, but she would definitely be weighing the baby before nursing and then weighing after in order to see how much the baby is getting through nursing. And of course regular weight checks. You can even buy baby scales online so you wouldn’t even need a lactation consultant to help with weighing. 

Shouldn’t be a privilege thing, depending on the state. I was on MediCal and low annual wage insurance in CA in 2003-4. Meeting with a lactation consultant for a few weeks after birth was covered. But CA is a blue, liberal state which funds such thingS. Don’t know about TX.

• Upvote 8

Even if Bethany used a scale or had a professional tell her that baby Davey is too small, I think she’d find a way to make it no big deal. 

“My husband and I are both tall and thin. He’s, like, fine.  He’s totally awesome because, like he seems to be done, like eating, pretty fast,  I totally can’t get him to eat any more. He’s fine. HE’S FINE!”

I don’t think she would consider any supplemental feedings or any kind of changes. Her body was made to feed a baby, after all.  

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

I just saw the photo of the baby on Instagram and I’m worried about his sunken fontanelle. It is a sign of dehydration. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6

52 minutes ago, adidas said:

I just saw the photo of the baby on Instagram and I’m worried about his sunken fontanelle. It is a sign of dehydration. 

You’re right. I read that it could be a sign of dehydration or failure to thrive. It’s unfortunate that Princess Bethy is so stuck in her ways. I think she’s much less likely to recognize a problem and take the baby to the dr.

• Upvote 5

Dear lord, I see their latest youtube video is about feminism.

I should not watch it. I probably will though, yikes. They are just so SMUG.

Also; how can you dismiss feminism while they are only in the position to have a job and share their opinion on youtube because many brave women fought for more rights.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I just can't with these two. Bethany said something like "Jesus was so countercultural in the way he treated women in the midst of a secular society".

What does that even mean? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Timetraveler said:

I just can't with these two. Bethany said something like "Jesus was so countercultural in the way he treated women in the midst of a secular society".

I don't think they know what secular means, big, adult words are... Like... Not their thing... Like

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I'm not fluent in Christianese, but I think she was saying something like: "Jesus is the one who paved the way for you, not feminists! Until he came along, those secular humans didn't know how women should be treated. Christians know how to treat women - atheists just fake respect! Thank Jesus, not feminists!"

Edited by AmericanRose
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I'm not fluent in Christianese, but I think she was saying something like: "Jesus is the one who paved the way for you, not feminists! Until he came along, those secular humans didn't know how women should be treated. Christians know how to treat women - atheists just fake respect! Thank Jesus, not feminists!"

In response , as a rebuttal .  

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Upvote 2

On 4/22/2020 at 10:06 PM, adidas said:

Just went and had a look, and... yeah. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its May 8th and Princess Bethy and Dave haven’t posted on instagram since April 23rd. I wonder what’s up. 

• I Agree 1

I saw this posted on tumblr and I like how it shows how Bethany doesn’t follow the modesty rules that she used to. I guess Davy told her she can wear these thing.

B3503833-E3D7-4FC1-A336-5442A08D6F19.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

I swear, these “girls” would win a Smug contest even against the Tool. Or Nattie Darnall.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Jasmar said:

I swear, these “girls” would win a Smug contest even against the Tool. Or Nattie Darnall.

If smugness were an Olympic sport, it would be Christian fundies receiving the gold, silver and bronze. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bethany still hasn’t posted a picture of Davy for almost a month now. I’m guessing people messaged her about the dip in his head possibly being from dehydration or FTT and now doesn’t want to post anymore pictures because people might say there’s a problem. She has posted about how hard things have been. She still has pain when breastfeeding. I don’t think that is normal and maybe she should meet with a lactation consultant. She also mentions surgery. I wonder what that’s about. She said she had a 3rd degree tear and had to be transferred to the hospital after her homebirth. My friend had a 4th degree year and didn’t need surgery. So I’m not sure what kind of surgery she’s talking about. She also says she’s never had body image issues until now. Which is amazing to me since she is 6’1”. I’m like 5’10 and a half or 5’11” on tall days. I have hunched since in was 12. I didn’t like being taller than most of the boys. I thought she said she had a hard time dealing with Dave being shorter. So things aren’t really adding up. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She said she had a 3rd degree tear and had to be transferred to the hospital after her homebirth. My friend had a 4th degree year and didn’t need surgery. So I’m not sure what kind of surgery she’s talking about.

It is quite common for 3rd and 4th degree tears to need extensive repair, sometimes it's done in an OR. In Bethany's case, she gave birth outside of the hospital, so it would make sense that her repair was done in the OR. Even if the repair was done bedside (which sounds like was the case with your friend), it's still considered a surgery.

https://www.voicesforpfd.org/assets/2/6/Perineal_Tears_Large_Print.pdf

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She still has pain when breastfeeding. I don’t think that is normal and maybe she should meet with a lactation consultant.

Depends what kind of pain she's talking about.  I breastfed one of mine exclusively and latching hurt every single time.  They kept telling me the sensitivity would go away, but it never did.  It was fine as it was just during latching so I just pushed through, I have no idea what kind of pain she's talking about though.

40 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

It is quite common for 3rd and 4th degree tears to need extensive repair, sometimes it's done in an OR. In Bethany's case, she gave birth outside of the hospital, so it would make sense that her repair was done in the OR. Even if the repair was done bedside (which sounds like was the case with your friend), it's still considered a surgery.

https://www.voicesforpfd.org/assets/2/6/Perineal_Tears_Large_Print.pdf

Thankfully I only had second degree. They just sewed me up and it didn’t take too long. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know if this is the case, I am not trying to speculate; but it makes me so sad when new moms are so set on breastfeeding that it takes away from actually enjoying this time with a newborn and it is just a struggle and a source of frustration. There is nothing wrong with formula. I was born at 32 weeks (940 grams) and have never had breastmilk. After birth my weight dropped to 840 and my upper legs were the size of my mom's ringfinger. When I was 3 days old they moved me from High to Medium care and after a few weeks they already had to rearrange my milk schedule a bit because I was developing 'hamster cheeks' ?. So, let's just be thankful there is such a thing as formula.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

I think she seems rather detached from her son. I always have the feeling that when someone asks her a mothering question on IG, she has to ask her husband...”Babe! How many hours does he sleep?” Being a new mother is overwhelming but she seems REALLY shocked at how hard it is. Like:  

She, like, extensively researched everything so, like, it shouldn’t be this hard, like...should it? 

She just seems so spoiled and immature 

Also, in my head I always pronounce her husband’s name as “DERV.” Is that what he wanted when he made his special spelling? 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I think she seems rather detached from her son. I always have the feeling that when someone asks her a mothering question on IG, she has to ask her husband...”Babe! How many hours does he sleep?” Being a new mother is overwhelming but she seems REALLY shocked at how hard it is. Like:  

She, like, extensively researched everything so, like, it shouldn’t be this hard, like...should it? 

She just seems so spoiled and immature 

Also, in my head I always pronounce her husband’s name as “DERV.” Is that what he wanted when he made his special spelling? 

She has said she was never a “baby person.” She never volunteered to work in the church nursery and she never had to hold all the new babies around her. That might be part of it. I love love love babies but did not like having babies of my own. So I can totally understand where she’s coming from. However I’m afraid that she is just going to keep on doing things that make her unhappy because that’s what she’s been told you are supposed to do. Like breastfeeding. She might be much happier switching to formula. I hate to see new moms miserable because they think they have to do things one exact way. 

• Upvote 6