IGNORED

Girl Defined 2: Aren’t They Women Yet?

nelliebelle1197

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That turns my stomach. I can’t stand this overexposure and hyping things about your child in order to become more famous and rich. It’s just the same as the Duggars.

The entire concept of "influencers" turns my stomach in general. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 11

9 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

The entire concept of "influencers" turns my stomach in general. 

Same. I just want to tell these people they are just doing commercials. Nothing more. And they are using their children to do commercials. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

There is this Dutch ‘influencer’ that was not showing the babies face or covering it with emojis. I thought she wanted privacy for him but it turned out that she wanted to wait two more weeks to have another reveal: of his face ?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

There is this Dutch ‘influencer’ that was not showing the babies face or covering it with emojis. I thought she wanted privacy for him but it turned out that she wanted to wait two more weeks to have another reveal: of his face ?

Omg I just legit laughed out loud. Actually it was more of a guffaw. Bahahaha!

• Love 2

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Omg I just legit laughed out loud. Actually it was more of a guffaw. Bahahaha!

Well, it is from the same girl that ‘dropped out’ of Temptation Island because she found out she was pregnant right before they left. 
But it still took her about halfway the show before she told the production. Only after her boyfriend started to cheat on her.

These people do everything for fame so I should not have been so surprised ?

Edited by CarrotCake
  • WTF 2

Bethy happened to post the announcement right as I was going on lunch break and happened to check. Baby is fine.

69707DE3-4494-4982-8501-9A1DC85F0FB2.thumb.png.210126e44b0363edc4d615638640f8d8.png

FA7965B0-4785-41A6-B6C3-31E0B2F7D79C.thumb.png.a92309afae242f3f9f9bb4302fa0de84.png

• Thank You 7

Oh man she is going to be so smug about her homebirth and motherhood. I can see it now. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

24 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

and getting everybody worried to drum up interest and likes....

I think it would have been better had she made an announcement on her Instagram that she would be taking a few weeks off. Then people wouldn’t have worried. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

yes and their gd site and family deleted all questions regarding their baby too

until yesterday when her sister replied thats its daveeeyyys parents decicion - could have sadi that 2 weeks ago...

this was just attention whoring for clicks

don't vene get me started on smug homebirths....

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

58 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

yes and their gd site and family deleted all questions regarding their baby too

until yesterday when her sister replied thats its daveeeyyys parents decicion - could have sadi that 2 weeks ago...

this was just attention whoring for clicks

don't vene get me started on smug homebirths....

Agreed.  The instagram version of vaguebooking.  God I fuckin hate that.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

So...the post on Reddit claiming the baby was born with health issues? Does anybody think the Girl Defined “girls” planted that to hype up the interest? 

• Upvote 3

I want to raise a glass to anyone who thought that once Birthy birthed, GD might have another sister step up to take her place. Their insta page has GD sister #3 in a conversation with Kristen. I'm thinking this might be a soft intro for a replacement. I didn't listen to the whole video because I'd rather eat my toenails so I'm not going to comment on the contents, but for anyone interested, see below......

Spoiler

PS - I'm glad that all is good with B and Daeffvey Jr but the drama seems a mite overdone......

Edited by Katzchen24
Had my PS in the spoiler.....
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I want to raise a glass to anyone who thought that once Birthy birthed, GD might have another sister step up to take her place. Their insta page has GD sister #3 in a conversation with Kristen. I'm thinking this might be a soft intro for a replacement. I didn't listen to the whole video because I'd rather eat my toenails so I'm not going to comment on the contents, but for anyone interested, see below......

Hide contents

PS - I'm glad that all is good with B and Daeffvey Jr but the drama seems a mite overdone......

I wasn’t the only one who said another sister would step in. But yeah, I called it. I also said Birthy, would start “Motherhood Defined.” 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wasn’t the only one who said another sister would step in. But yeah, I called it. I also said Birthy, would start “Motherhood Defined.” 

(Bolding mine)

I mean, you can’t really blame her if she starts a page devoted to motherhood. She has been a mom for a whole month - plenty of time for her to know it all and pass it on to others. (End sarcasm font now).

Also, I had kind of thought that they were calling the (unborn) baby “Davey Jr” as kind of a temporary thing until they announced his actual name. But...nope, that’s his real name. Not a thing wrong with the name, it just sounds so...so...typical?...of this family.  I can’t see the name without hearing Bethany’s voice, complete with exaggerated hand motions and crazy eyes. 

• Upvote 9

They couldn’t have made that video any more cringeworthy if they tried!! Ellissa seems so out of place in their valley girl world! She seemed like she was trying to act like Bethany and it’s just so painful to watch! On a side note, I’m off to see if Amazon has the movie White Chicks available for rent. It feels appropriate. 

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

On 3/9/2020 at 10:41 PM, usmcmom said:

Also, I had kind of thought that they were calling the (unborn) baby “Davey Jr” as kind of a temporary thing until they announced his actual name. But...nope, that’s his real name. 

So what about papa's silly ā? Little dude doesn't get it, too? I'm kind of surprised - I assumed that the dad added it to his own name to be yooneek and for that reason, they would bequeath it to Junior.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Marmion said:

Mr Atheist made a lot of good points. The fact that they wrote this crap in a book is insane. They can write or video crappy blog posts and then later delete. But you can’t delete a book! It’s out there forever unless you hunt down and burn every copy sold. The chapter is just ridiculous because they basically took two old ladies and said you can only be one of these two old ladies when you’re 80. And you have to choose now. The fact that they knew practically nothing about one of the old ladies makes it even worse. It’s sad that young women actually read their nonsense and take it to heart. It’s garbage! 

• Upvote 6

• 4 weeks later...

Is anybody else checking in in Bethany’s IG? Her most recent story shows the baby rolling over. In my opinion, that baby is not gaining weight like he should. He looks very thin. Has anybody else noticed this? 

I haven't seen if the baby is skinny or not, but she has mentioned her struggles with breastfeeding on instagram. She had a hard time of it but is apparently getting better with it now, last I heard?

Girl Defined is apparently going on a deleting rampage through their old posts. Bethany has been flaunting her own modesty rules, and instead of addressing it as 'I prayed on it and changed my mind', she's trying to get rid of evidence of her old mindset.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

I haven't seen if the baby is skinny or not, but she has mentioned her struggles with breastfeeding on instagram. She had a hard time of it but is apparently getting better with it now, last I heard?

Girl Defined is apparently going on a deleting rampage through their old posts. Bethany has been flaunting her own modesty rules, and instead of addressing it as 'I prayed on it and changed my mind', she's trying to get rid of evidence of her old mindset.

I respect bloggers so much more if they just own up to changing their minds. Everyone will do it all some point. No one believes exactly everything they believed at 18. Even if you were so sure of it back then. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

She was having trouble nursing and, apparently, is not using traditional healthcare to follow her baby’s growth.  I wonder how she is determining that the baby is gaining enough weight. 

“Eh.  He can latch now. He nurses for, like, five minutes on, like each side and, like, seems full so, like, I think he’s totally doing, like awesome.” *end Bethy speak now. 

When my friend had her baby eleven years ago, I saw him hours after birth and again two weeks later.  I was shocked that he looked no different. He had gained no weight, according to her.  She even said he did not eat much at all.  I left feeling so worried and fretting about what I should say or do; especially since she is a nurse and seemed unaware of a potential problem. A few days later she called me in tears.  Her pediatrician had told her the baby was not gaining and she needed to supplement with bottles. She started that immediately. She was crying because she did not realize what was going on. She missed a danger sign and felt horrible about it. 
I tried to reassure her that the good thing was her doctor saw it and she was eager and willing to make changes to help her baby.  I also realized that I was narrow minded and assumed a nurse should know about all things health related. This was her first baby and a nursing license doesn’t make all things clear in motherhood, especially in the fog of those first few weeks.  

Who is keeping an eye on Davey Jr’s health and growth?  I worry so much for kids whose parents are so rigid in their beliefs. 

• Upvote 8

I do worry more about the woo loving fundies when it comes to babies not gaining weight. I hope that baby isn’t going to end up starving and crying all night like Chloe Anderson.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5