IGNORED

Girl Defined 2: Aren’t They Women Yet?

nelliebelle1197

Every time I see Dav’s name, with the mark above the “a”, I say “Durv” in my head.  I can’t see well enough to see what that mark is. Is it an umlaut? I can’t remember how an umlaut changes the “a” sound. My high school German was a LONG time ago. 

Also, Bethany shared a picture of Daaaaveeeeyyy JUNIOR on Instagram. She shared it in her post in which she says she will not be sharing pictures of the baby. The baby is very thin.  She wants us to believe he is just tall, that he is thriving mostly in height.  I am sure he has not been seen by a doctor but still...he’s “thriving.”  I think she had every intention of posting daily baby pictures.  Then people started questioning his well-being so she decided to protect his privacy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Every time I see Dav’s name, with the mark above the “a”, I say “Durv” in my head.  I can’t see well enough to see what that mark is. Is it an umlaut? I can’t remember how an umlaut changes the “a” sound. My high school German was a LONG time ago. 

Also, Bethany shared a picture of Daaaaveeeeyyy JUNIOR on Instagram. She shared it in her post in which she says she will not be sharing pictures of the baby. The baby is very thin.  She wants us to believe he is just tall, that he is thriving mostly in height.  I am sure he has not been seen by a doctor but still...he’s “thriving.”  I think she had every intention of posting daily baby pictures.  Then people started questioning his well-being so she decided to protect his privacy. 

I agree. The last close up picture of him was when people could see the indentations in his head. Which can be a sign of dehydration or failure to thrive. I bet she received a lot of messages about it. I’m glad she won’t be constantly posting pics of her child. But she’s doing it for all the wrong reasons. She’s doing it to avoid criticism. Not for his privacy. Who wants to bet he gets really chubby after he starts solid foods?

A commenter also asked if she vaccinated. She says they aren’t sharing his medical info. Ha! He doesn’t have medical info! Because I can guarantee she doesn’t vaccinate and doesn’t take him to regular check ups with a real doctor. She will never share his weight because I bet it’s quite below average for his age and height. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 5

@usmcmom, the little horizontal line over the “a” in “Dāv” is the phonetic indicator of the “long a” sound in English: think of the difference between the “short a” in “hat” vs. the “long a” in “hate.”

Please don’t think I’m talking down to you: a highly educated young friend of mine recently had a similar question, which made me think English phonetics aren’t being taught the same way they were when I was a kid.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I am a tall woman with tall sons. Yes, they were long babies too. When I would go to their regularly scheduled doctor appointments for shots and check ups, the doctor always focused on the percentiles being similar to one another. He said it was fine my son’s weight was in the 80th percentile because his height was in the 98th percentile. Which meant he wasn’t overweight. If his weight percentile was well above his height percentile, then there might be a problem. Or if there was a sudden large change in weight percentile from one visit to the next. My guess is that Davey has a large difference in his height and weight percentile. His height is likely on the higher end while his weight is likely on the lower end. This is why regular doctor visits are important. So your doctor can look at the history of the child’s weight and height percentiles each visit and see if anything is becoming a problem. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I want to add... She wrote in the comments that she knows about fundie snark on Reddit. We are sweet hearts to Princess Bethy and Kristen compared to fundie snark on Reddit. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Hane said:

@usmcmom, the little horizontal line over the “a” in “Dāv” is the phonetic indicator of the “long a” sound in English: think of the difference between the “short a” in “hat” vs. the “long a” in “hate.”

Please don’t think I’m talking down to you: a highly educated young friend of mine recently had a similar question, which made me think English phonetics aren’t being taught the same way they were when I was a kid.

Thank you! So, he actually just added the “long a” symbol to his name??  I actually could never see the word well enough (an eye exam is on my to-do list but...The Covid).  Changing his name like that is a remarkable combination of arrogance and immaturity.  Seems like something a junior high kid would do. 
You are not talking down to me. I appreciate your explanation.  Now I will call him “Short a” Dav...ryhmes with have. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess is that Davey has a large difference in his height and weight percentile. His height is likely on the higher end while his weight is likely on the lower end. This is why regular doctor visits are important. So your doctor can look at the history of the child’s weight and height percentiles each visit and see if anything is becoming a problem. 

My thoughts exactly. I bet his percentiles are drastically far apart.  It breaks my heart to see a baby looking so unhealthy. 

Bethany has recently reported that they did the sleep training thing with the baby and it’s just, like, so, like awesome for all of them. The baby wakes up to eat one time through the night. 

• Sad 5
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Thank you! So, he actually just added the “long a” symbol to his name??  I actually could never see the word well enough (an eye exam is on my to-do list but...The Covid).  Changing his name like that is a remarkable combination of arrogance and immaturity.  Seems like something a junior high kid would do. 
You are not talking down to me. I appreciate your explanation.  Now I will call him “Short a” Dav...ryhmes with have. 

My thoughts exactly. I bet his percentiles are drastically far apart.  It breaks my heart to see a baby looking so unhealthy. 

Bethany has recently reported that they did the sleep training thing with the baby and it’s just, like, so, like awesome for all of them. The baby wakes up to eat one time through the night. 

I looked up what she did for sleep training and it doesn’t look like it’s cry it out. I guess it’s just major scheduling of awake/eat/sleep timing. So I’m not exactly against it. However I think that since he is so thin, he probably should eat more than once a night even though it sucks to get up 2 times a night. It might be part of why he’s a thin baby.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Hane said:

Many Redditors go crazy with it. “Dāåæâãev.”

• Haha 11

• 3 weeks later...

I've been ignoring GD for a while because they're so predictable and tedious.

Then this little gem showed up. I'm no therapist or counsellor of any sort, but this feels so wrong. To say that you can't forgive yourself is awful and damaging. 

Spoiler

1997420490_ScreenShot2020-07-10at7_56_56am.png.e8c24b24e1eabe4d67fc89545b702a49.png

I'm thinking of all the young fundies who follow GD and who are being taught to have no self-determination, particularly the girls. This reinforces the idea that their worth is something determined entirely external to them. 

If you've done something serious, the idea of forgiving yourself is so important - and I don't mean in the fundie 'tick-the-repentence-box' way. Coming to terms with yourself when you've made a mistake is part of the process of dealing with it. My personal opinion is that if you have done something awful to someone else, they are under absolutely no obligation to forgive you, you will have to come to genuine terms with your own behaviour (looking at you Steven Anderson). 

GD have done it again. When I start to think maybe they're not that bad and give full kudos to Kristen for being open about her infertility struggles, they put out damaging rubbish like this. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

The self-hate those two have for themselves seeps from those sisters, all the smugness and acting superior can't cover that up.

The "we're all sinners" is the highly effective Christian company line. Guilt and fear of the eternal fires, lets not forget, during medieval times you could pay hefty sums to the church to have your sins forgiven :2wankers:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

So if something isn’t in the Bible, it doesn’t exist? 

Well I have some news for these morons. There is A LOT left out of the Bible that GD preaches about every damn day. So if you start down that slippery slope, you’re going to end up fucking yourselves. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Pffft it’s semantics. They can’t see the forest for the trees. 

Romans 8:1 - “there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus”.

2 Corinthians 5:17 - “if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new”.

Inferring isn’t that hard. Forgive yourself, let go of the past - turn from sin ... and if you don’t, you’re pretty much denying what Jesus did (Hebrews 6:6).

Disclaimer - the above is refuting GD, from a Christian POV. Not proselytising.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

18 hours ago, adidas said:

2 Corinthians 5:17 - “if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new”.

Inferring isn’t that hard. Forgive yourself, let go of the past - turn from sin ... and if you don’t, you’re pretty much denying what Jesus did (Hebrews 6:6).

Thank you because from what I remember about my days as a fundie, the system definitely sets you up for self-hating but these girls are "preaching" specific things that I've never heard before in my life growing up in the church. They just make stuff up and call it biblical. Which I know many people do anyways but usually they are crazy isolationists like Lori or actual preachers with a congregation. Not ministries. Idk, it's weird. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, meep said:

Thank you because from what I remember about my days as a fundie, the system definitely sets you up for self-hating but these girls are "preaching" specific things that I've never heard before in my life growing up in the church. They just make stuff up and call it biblical. Which I know many people do anyways but usually they are crazy isolationists like Lori or actual preachers with a congregation. Not ministries. Idk, it's weird. 

It’s a point Mr Atheist makes pretty often when talking about GD. He says why are they constantly writing books, making videos, and speaking at conferences in order to add to the Bible when they are also saying the Bible is perfect the way it is. 

• Upvote 10

On 7/9/2020 at 8:03 PM, adidas said:

This reminds me of this song from my childhood .  

Spoiler

In other words don't wallow in self loathing shame .  When God forgives , He forgets ; and we should not live our lives in regret .  

Spoiler

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Marmion said:

This reminds me of this song from my childhood .  

Hide contents

In other words don't wallow in self loathing shame .  When God forgives , He forgets ; and we should not live our lives in regret .  

Hide contents

Wow. It’s been a minute since I’ve thought of Avalon.  Definitely had that album...and several others of theirs.

On 6/20/2020 at 2:25 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I looked up what she did for sleep training and it doesn’t look like it’s cry it out. I guess it’s just major scheduling of awake/eat/sleep timing. So I’m not exactly against it. However I think that since he is so thin, he probably should eat more than once a night even though it sucks to get up 2 times a night. It might be part of why he’s a thin baby.

Didn't she say that she is exclusivly breastfeeding? Seems that this and her feeding scedule didn't work out. But she was very smug about her way in childrearing and didn't took any advise about it, so it's just natural for her to say he is a tall baby instead of looking why he is so thin.

• Upvote 3

I was just thinking about a trip my daughter and I took last October...to San Antonio. I did not realize, at the time, that Bethany and Kristen call it home. Anyway, it was so so so SOOOOO hot for a couple of the days we were there. I just thought we were catching the end of the Texas summer.

Now I know it was all the Girl Defined hot air hanging over the city. 

Still, it’s a neat place and I’d go back...in the winter. 

• Haha 9

@usmcmom, when I worked for AT&T, one of my friends was bummed because a major project she was on required distance-working long hours and weekends all summer, effectively destroying all her chances of enjoying New England outdoor activities like beach trips. Then her San Antonio teammates said they’d planned it that way because San Antonio is an inferno in the summer and “nobody goes outside anyway.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hane said:

@usmcmom, when I worked for AT&T, one of my friends was bummed because a major project she was on required distance-working long hours and weekends all summer, effectively destroying all her chances of enjoying New England outdoor activities like beach trips. Then her San Antonio teammates said they’d planned it that way because San Antonio is an inferno in the summer and “nobody goes outside anyway.”

San Antonio is a wonderful city and we had planned our mother/daughter trip for October thinking summer would be over. On our last full day, the temperature had dropped to a fantastic 68f and we were giddy.  

• Upvote 2

Does anyone know the deal with Tik Tok and the sheer slew of hecklers that have been sent from there to try and cancel these two idiots?

Has anyone seen the photographs of Kristen and Zack's wedding? Lourdes Torres was a bridesmaid and her brother a groomsmen!

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Laura2730 said:

Has anyone seen the photographs of Kristen and Zack's wedding? Lourdes Torres was a bridesmaid and her brother a groomsmen!

Wow! We knew the Baird’s were in with VF and Dougie back before his fall but I didn’t know Lourdes was in her wedding. 

• I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wow! We knew the Baird’s were in with VF and Dougie back before his fall but I didn’t know Lourdes was in her wedding. 

I can't post the photos because they're copyrighted, but here's the link to the photographer's public facebook page which features their wedding album:

It's pretty clear the Bairds attended Boerne Christian Assembly, there's also this photo:

Spoiler

MedievalFair33.thumb.jpg.e4799e286837ac6f9be989d5e6ed0e41.jpg

Edited by Laura2730
  • Thank You 2