IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, Sabine said:

Thank you for this. Good grief, to an extend Jinger is so many of us. She surely is me. And yes, at some stage we had that original thought and we got it beat (physically, emotionally,) out of us. And it took us a long long time to go back to the day where we thought freely and without fear. 

disclaimer: lurker, finally made an account so i could comment one of these fine days and today is the day. :) thanks for indulging me. Also, english is an other language, and i am funny with spelling and such. I am to blame for all typos and all lack of good grammar. 

Welcome, don’t worry about typos and grammar. English is my only language and I am shit at grammar, spelling and full of typos. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

I (by which I mean, my cats) have recently rejoined Instagram... and I have to say, I'm raising an eyebrow at Jinger shilling an app to... help her achieve her financial goals? She has financial goals? That just seems... I would think Jeremy is more of the target to 'influence' people to use that particular app.

But I guess you take the influencing where you can get it!

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I (by which I mean, my cats) have recently rejoined Instagram... and I have to say, I'm raising an eyebrow at Jinger shilling an app to... help her achieve her financial goals? She has financial goals? That just seems... I would think Jeremy is more of the target to 'influence' people to use that particular app.

But I guess you take the influencing where you can get it!

I agree but despite his best efforts to be a celeb it is Jinger who has the followers and leg humpers - not Reverend Foodie Tighttrousers.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 23

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I agree but despite his best efforts to be a celeb it is Jinger who has the followers and leg humpers - not Reverend Foodie Tighttrousers.

I wanna put a Mc in there. Rev Foodie McTightTrousers. Either would be a great name if there's a lurker out there who wants to join us! :wink-kitty:

I wouldn't say Jinger looks 'middle aged'. She looks about 30 to me. A conservatively dressed 30. Her look makes sense. She's 26 (approaching 30) and a preacher's wife/d-list celebrity/fundie influencer.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2

I think the new hairstyle looks nice! The blue and khaki (?) outfit was cute too, though she does remind me a lot of the cool pastor's wife type. People are taking this as a big push away from her childhood teachings, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think a big indicator will be what route they take for Felicity's education. 

Jeremy however is getting worse with time, I can't stand him. 

• Upvote 14

No matter her horrid beliefs and lazy tendencies in terms of education and working beyond the family job, Jinger has turned her back on frumpers, crunchy perms, fake bake skin, TTC, popping out kid after kid, and actively parenting only the latest one, daddy worship...

Without Jeremy opening his mouth, you’d never know that Jing wasn’t an early 30 something, suburban LA mom of one.

• Upvote 11

I do wonder where ther family size will land at. I see Jeremy placing special emphasis on having a son and wonder if Jinger ends up with 4 girls in a row, how big their family will ultimately get. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I actually think Jinger's fashion is a step backwards, for her. She used to do cute boho pairings of odd colors and accessories. Now her clothes look like what Jeremy suggests is the appropriate attire for a pastor's wife. It's why I think it all looks slightly off in the company of others (what amateur straight man, especially Jeremy, would get women's fashion right?). I actually wonder if she is not really into fashion now and just wears whatever Jeremy suggests he would like her to go for. 

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

40 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

I actually think Jinger's fashion is a step backwards, for her. She used to do cute boho pairings of odd colors and accessories. Now her clothes look like what Jeremy suggests is the appropriate attire for a pastor's wife. It's why I think it all looks slightly off in the company of others (what amateur straight man, especially Jeremy, would get women's fashion right?). I actually wonder if she is not really into fashion now and just wears whatever Jeremy suggests he would like her to go for. 

I can agree. It ages her a great deal. It definitely isn't the Christian hipster look either that is currently popular. Josie Bates, for example, pulls that off very well. However, if this is what Jinger's naturally gravitating toward and she's just exploring what she likes that's fine and she's entitled to evolve now that her choices are broader, if she is indeed getting to choose and it's not just all Jeremy. But her style definitely looks like it would be better suited for someone a decade or so older than she is right now. 

Edited by lizzybee
removing repetition of "right now."
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

Perhaps her boho style was as rebellious as she could manage at home. It's possible that this has been her style all along and that now that she "rebels" in other ways - slacks, shorts and hair color and style, city living, only one child  - she can dress the way she's always liked.

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I actually wonder if she is not really into fashion now and just wears whatever Jeremy suggests he would like her to go for. 

She’s dressing similarly to the other pastor wives to-be she’s now hanging out with now that she’s a “JMac” groupie. It’s very on point with the look of other pastors wives in their newly adopted but just a different brand of fundamentalism. 

Edited by Giraffe
Making a sentence clearer
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

She’s dressing similarly to the other pastor wives to-be she’s now hanging out with now that she’s a “JMac” groupie. It’s very on point with the look of other pastors wives in their newly adopted but just a different brand of fundamentalism. 

What's that please?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

What's that please?

John MacArthur. He’s the overlord of The Master’s Seminary and whatever the name of his church is. He’s been a pastor in their area since the 70’s, at least.

The Master’s Seminary, where Jeremy is attending seminary, is currently on accreditation probation for it’s hyper-authoritarian leadership structure and culture of fear it’s instilled in the faculty.  

download

Edited by Giraffe
Adding link to probation
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

On 2/5/2020 at 4:27 AM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I wanna put a Mc in there. Rev Foodie McTightTrousers. Either would be a great name if there's a lurker out there who wants to join us! :wink-kitty:

I wouldn't say Jinger looks 'middle aged'. She looks about 30 to me. A conservatively dressed 30. Her look makes sense. She's 26 (approaching 30) and a preacher's wife/d-list celebrity/fundie influencer.

I doubt very much Jinger (much less the clown she is married to) follows fashion. It's not that long ago that she thought denim frumpers, crinkled hair and raccoon eyes were "modern modest." I think she likes pretty clothes, being comfortable and finding out that she can wear things more modern and comfortable than TTH specials and not stick out like a sore thumb in the wider world. And she follow the dictates of her headship without having to look like Jchelle.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Giraffe said:

John MacArthur. He’s the overlord of The Master’s Seminary and whatever the name of his church is. He’s been a pastor in their area since the 70’s, at least.

The Master’s Seminary, where Jeremy is attending seminary, is currently on accreditation probation for it’s hyper-authoritarian leadership structure and culture of fear it’s instilled in the faculty.  

download

When a school loses accreditation do they refund any money received for classes after accreditation is lost?

43 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

When a school loses accreditation do they refund any money received for classes after accreditation is lost?

No? I think it's one of those things where it’s like any other degree granting but unaccredited college. The degree is worthless but they’ll still take your money and print you out a diploma and pretend like they’re a valid university whose degree carries the same weight as one from an accredited school. As long as the student never wants to go on to get a higher degree it has the feel of a legitimate school. 

Edited by Giraffe
Adding words
  • Upvote 8

I personally just think she saw the positive reaction Jill got to cutting her hair and thought Ooh I can go one better.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I think Jeremy is very fashion conscious and understands women's fashion, in so much as he understands what he wants Jinger to look like and the image he wants her to portray. He, Jinger & Felicity are dressed to portray an attractive, trendy young family. I guess he thinks the prettier the package the easier to con people into thinking they are kind, friendly compassionate people. Not the bigoted hate mongers they really are.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

If I may just go back to the last Jinger thread - sorry, need a bit of a vent.

My Uni finally really denied me the "decorative" hang-on-the-wall part of my medical diploma (no worries I got the legal piece of paper).

They kept stalling since the better part of last year - which boiled down to a couple of professors kids not getting overseas scholarships but I got instead - nepotism is big in my birth country.

I left the country for good a few days after I got the legal papers of my diploma and missed the official graduation - usually no buggy you can pick of your Diploma roll at the office later - unless... Politics and pissed off protégés

So after hundreds of emails I told the secretary that they shouldn't be surprised that 40% of graduates leave the country (massive doctor shortage) the way they treat their medical students.

Guess I pissed that secretary off - Today I got a letter from the dean and vice Dean chastising me for my comments and telling me they'll pay back the money I sent to get that diploma roll printed - actually signed in ink - even my actual legal diploma only has those scanned signatures - guess I should feel honoured.

Though the final step of becoming a fully registered international doctor starts on Monday - course and then the last licence exam (27% of candidates pass on yearly average) and maybe it is the final push I needed to see it through.

Overseas trained doctors are always at the bottom of job lists here as a rule - but at least I can work my way up and people are happy to help.

Just the amount of bullying I endured from both teachers staff and students back then was insane - brought back a lot of ugly memories.

• Sad 8
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think Jeremy is very fashion conscious and understands women's fashion, in so much as he understands what he wants Jinger to look like and the image he wants her to portray. He, Jinger & Felicity are dressed to portray an attractive, trendy young family. I guess he thinks the prettier the package the easier to con people into thinking they are kind, friendly compassionate people. Not the bigoted hate mongers they really are.  

I’d love to know what Jeremy reallllllllly thinks about Ma and Pa Duggar and the shenanigans that his wife endured within the TTH! It seems the Vuolos have distanced themselves from everything Duggar except the easy money.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Giraffe said:

No? I think it's one of those things where it’s like any other degree granting but unaccredited college. The degree is worthless but they’ll still take your money and print you out a diploma and pretend like they’re a valid university whose degree carries the same weight as one from an accredited school. As long as the student never wants to go on to get a higher degree it has the feel of a legitimate school. 

And as long as they never want a job that requires a degree. More and more employers are checking to be sure that degrees are accredited, probably due to all the online universities (and I know that there are legitimate programs; I have taken online classes from accredited universities). For a while there, I heard of several people who thought they had a degree and then it turned out that the program was not accredited.

• Upvote 11

26 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

For a while there, I heard of several people who thought they had a degree and then it turned out that the program was not accredited.

I’m one of them. I was enraged and devastated to find out my “degree” is worthless. I’m starting at zero even though I have the student loans to prove I attended. 

• Sad 20
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Johm MacArthur groupies are as zealous a cult of personality as any out there. They really should call themselves Macarthuries instead of Reformed. It would be the honest truth. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 2/7/2020 at 12:21 PM, Giraffe said:

I’m one of them. I was enraged and devastated to find out my “degree” is worthless. I’m starting at zero even though I have the student loans to prove I attended. 

I'm very sorry. I had 2.5 years unaccredited college but at least I knew it was unaccredited.

Some colleges will give you "life credit" (or whatever that particular program calls it) or let you CLEP out of many subjects. It still doesn't help with the student loans. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Some colleges will give you "life credit" (or whatever that particular program calls it) or let you CLEP out of many subjects. It still doesn't help with the student loans. ?

And in a lot of cases it also doesn't help a person's "less than" education/degree compared to a degree from a regionally accredited college. (Not that all accredited degree-holders are competent and prepared for their specific field of work; I've seen my fair share who fall into the still-not-ready group.)

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic