IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

5 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Oh my cow. I don't think I have ever seen a brand new baby that looked JUST like her father/brother. Wow.

I had the same thought. 

• Upvote 1

I’m curious as to why the baby’s name hasn’t been announced yet. Is she the first Duggar grandbaby whose name wasn’t announced either with or before the birth? Is a magazine only going to pay, or pay more, if they have an exclusive on the name? Now I think I recall it taking a little time to name Spurgeon, but that was due to Jessa’s extremely understandable reluctance. Anyway, it seems so strange to monetize every detail of your lives just because you’re “celebrities” if that’s the reason for the delay.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I'm pretty sure that Joy said they had a name in one of her YouTube videos. Maybe she filmed something that TLC will air during the episode. 

• I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Now if the family would give them time to adjust before bombarding them with visits. 

I misread this as ‘bombarding them with virus’ 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

I hope they release her name on their YouTube channel rather than to People or TLC. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Yes, I saw that and I’m glad it was just her and Austin. Too many times michelle has to stick her nose in. I hope that Joy was secretly happy that her mom wasn’t there ( even if she said otherwise publicly).  I always wish independence for these kids from those horrid parents. I didn’t mean visits  at the hospital, as I know no visitors allowed, but I hope once they are home they don’t go visit with eleventy dozen people and give them time to bond as a family. 

I don’t know, I’ve thought about it recently since Covid restrictions came up, and honestly, if I could go back in time and pick one support person it would be a sister or  other woman who’d given birth over the dad. I could see her wanting her mom or Jill there. But glad she and Austin are so in tune. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I’m curious as to why the baby’s name hasn’t been announced yet. Is she the first Duggar grandbaby whose name wasn’t announced either with or before the birth? Is a magazine only going to pay, or pay more, if they have an exclusive on the name? Now I think I recall it taking a little time to name Spurgeon, but that was due to Jessa’s extremely understandable reluctance. Anyway, it seems so strange to monetize every detail of your lives just because you’re “celebrities” if that’s the reason for the delay.

Jessa waited 8 days to name both of her boys - apparently she did some bris type of thing? I don’t understand because she’s not Jewish, but apparently that was the reason.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Oh my cow. I don't think I have ever seen a brand new baby that looked JUST like her father/brother. Wow.

Those Forsyth genes...

I have. A few weeks ago when my daughter was born. My son looks exactly like his father and when I saw my daughter for the first time I was like "Haven't I already birthed the exact same baby about 22 months ago ?"

My husband's genes must also be very strong.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 31
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I hope they release her name on their YouTube channel rather than to People or TLC. 

Depends what pays more... 

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I misread this as ‘bombarding them with virus’ 

Same same almost. 

• Upvote 6

When my daughter was born, I sent photos to my family since we’re out of state, and my grandmother actually asked my mom why the hell I was sending her my baby photos ? 

My daughter’s baby photos were twins to me until about six months or so. The only difference is the awesome 70s decor in mine. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

A few days after Sporty was born, my MIL sent a few scanned baby photos of Mr. Rex as a wee babe for fun.  I told him there was no way he could say she wasn’t his?.

These days she looks a lot like my MIL and SIL, with only a little bit of me.?

• Upvote 3

This may be the first time bows and pink clothes are actually necessary, just so we know they're posting pictures of the new baby and not reposting Gideon's baby pictures. 

• Haha 34
  • I Agree 1

Joy looks extremely happy, the baby is healthy. That’s what really matters right now. 

I’m curious how the birth went and do hope Joy had the experience she had wanted. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

I’ve read that it’s an evolutionary thing, the reason we think babies look like their dad. 
I’m relieved Joy and baby are safe and healthy.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

I'm gonna praise a Duggar daughter who wanted a vbac and actually sought legitimate medical care to get it rather than attempting another home birth.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 15

56 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I’ve read that it’s an evolutionary thing, the reason we think babies look like their dad. 
I’m relieved Joy and baby are safe and healthy.

I read once that the mother's side of the family will tend to think/say that the baby looks like the father so the father is reassured the child is his and won't toss the baby and the mother out of the cave/house.  Not  consciously, but maybe instinctively.  

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

I have never understood how anyone can see family resemblance in newborns.  I never could, even my own.  They all look like adorable little aliens to me.

I know it's a thing as other people can see it, I just can't.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

In the Forsyths’ babies it’s the nose/ nostrils that really favors Austin. Although, in the first photo of the 3, Joy really looks like Austin too. Before, I never had noticed how much Joy and Austin rather look alike. Now I can’t unsee it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

25 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I have never understood how anyone can see family resemblance in newborns.  I never could, even my own.  They all look like adorable little aliens to me.

No, I think you are right. They are all blob-like.  You can't really get a sense of their features until they start looking more human, and even then it can take a long time to see parental feaures.

None of my siblings look like each other or either parent.  Thanks to Ancestry, I know now that there is no question of the DNA, but that's the way it is.  My father has very fine, even, almost non-distinct features and my mother always said his DNA just evened everything out differently with each of us. (Of course, this is the woman who wouldn't take me to an eye doctor because she and my father had 20/20 vision, so a geneticist  she was not.)

In fact, this is why I first watched the Duggars.  I wanted to see how the genes played out amongst all those kids.  But turns out there's not much variety there. 

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

In fact, this is why I first watched the Duggars.  I wanted to see how the genes played out amongst all those kids.  But turns out there's not much variety there. 

This is hands down the most fascinating thing to me about big families, is to see the visible genetic variety among such a large group of full siblings.

Agreed there is definitely not much variety in the Duggars as they all look so much alike (especially the lost boys) but the Bates are really interesting as there is a strong resemblance between subsets of kids and others don't even look related at all.  And the Bates tend to fall into either the Gil or Kelly camp when it comes to looks.

My ex and I looked similar enough we could pass for siblings so when the kids were with me people assumed they looked like me and with him vis versa.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

My daughter’s hospital new born picture looked exactly like my husband’s except his was in black and white. It was wild because up to that point all my sibling’s kids looked like our side of the family- Very little blond hair and fair. My daughter had a ton of dark hair and wasn’t as fair. Later my brother had my neice, who took after her mom.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

My son is adopted and people think he looks exactly like my husband. They both had the same reddish blondish hair, the same round head - even the same lazy eye in the SAME eye. It's bananas. I have a Christmas pic of them together and you'd swear they were genetically related.
But people have said he looks like me too (dark hair dark eyes to his blond/red and BIG blue eyes) - I just smile and nod. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 6

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Same! I never see anything but little squishy faces. But this one!!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Meggo said:

My son is adopted and people think he looks exactly like my husband. They both had the same reddish blondish hair, the same round head - even the same lazy eye in the SAME eye. It's bananas. I have a Christmas pic of them together and you'd swear they were genetically related.
But people have said he looks like me too (dark hair dark eyes to his blond/red and BIG blue eyes) - I just smile and nod. 

We had a foster baby a couple years ago who looked like a mix of me and my husband (like all the traits our bio son didn't take from each of us got thrown into her). Because she was a baby and we knew we weren't keeping her long-term since she had relatives working on getting approved to adopt her, we just smiled and nodded too. It wasn't worth telling the grocery store clerk she wasn't our bio kid. But then it gets complicated when they get older and are more in charge of their story. Genetics are so weird. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic