IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Rumours doing the rounds on fb sites is that they have named her felicity... 

I think that rumour has come from Instagram because there is a photo circulating of Joy holding a baby Felicity when she was a few weeks old so maybe people are getting confused. 

• Upvote 4

So the baby is now 5 days old. At this point I’m feeling a bit of a Spurgeona vibe. I hope it’s only a “media” ploy. It also makes me wonder if Joy had a rougher go than has been reported.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

So the baby is now 5 days old. At this point I’m feeling a bit of a Spurgeona vibe. I hope it’s only a “media” ploy. It also makes me wonder if Joy had a rougher go than has been reported.

I'm wondering if they aren't doing like some celebrities do, and not release the name for days/weeks/months and some try to NEVER release it. They are only Z list celebs but they still have a following, and they may want to keep this just for themselves?  Nah, it is a media ploy to keep up the attention I'm sure. I sure hope is isn't some asinine made up name like many fundies do. 

I mean, “Felicity” is nearly identical in meaning to “Joy”. It would be a cute way of naming the baby “after” herself. 

My daughter has a very similar variation of my name, but different nicknames. Think “Allison” and “Alyssa”, But one nicknamed “Ally” and the other “Lissa” (not our real names)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm wondering if they aren't doing like some celebrities do, and not release the name for days/weeks/months and some try to NEVER release it. They are only Z list celebs but they still have a following, and they may want to keep this just for themselves?  Nah, it is a media ploy to keep up the attention I'm sure. I sure hope is isn't some asinine made up name like many fundies do. 

Hi, rare poster here. I don’t think that with the family camp they would have the luxury of not revealing the name. It would leak pretty quickly 

Edited by Duggadict
  • Upvote 4

Maybe they’ll reveal the name in their upcoming YouTube video

Side note: when I started reading that caption, my heart dropped. Please don’t scare me like that, damn. 

• I Agree 2

That last picture though, that says don't sell me on your bullshit mom and dad, I ain't buying it.  ? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, viii said:

True... maybe they'll name her Falicity ?

Or Phulisittee? Can't be Phalicity because too close to Phallus (NIKE!)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, artdecades said:

like Gid, that newborn is all Austin. But Gideon looks more duggarish all the time. Them genes are strong.

Seriously, all those little blonde boys on the pic for the grandparents look like the same kid! 

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, lilith said:

Seriously, all those little blonde boys on the pic for the grandparents look like the same kid! 

I personally think Bella looks more like Jessa's daughter than Ivy does. And Ivy is very much like Jessa

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I personally think Bella looks more like Jessa's daughter than Ivy does. And Ivy is very much like Jessa

Ivy looks like baby photos of Jessa and Jinger blended together. No Seewald at all. 

• I Agree 4
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, lilith said:

Ivy looks like baby photos of Jessa and Jinger blended together. No Seewald at all. 

In the earlier specials, I could never tell Jessa and Jinger apart. Since both Ivy and Felicity look so much like their moms, it'll be interesting  to see how similar they look as they get older. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

The worst incident I've ever seen of someone using the same name is a friend, whose name is Danny (but legally Daniel) whose dad was completely uninvolved in his life, total deadbeat, who then got married and called his new son Daniel as well (names changed). Just... the levels of fucked up-ness. Unfortunately it means I have to give a small amount of kudos to all the shitty dads out there who haven't done this.

• WTF 6

My uncle has two children named after him. Son #1 is (Uncle's Name) Jr, and Son #2 is (Uncle's Name) (Great Uncle's Name as middle name)...

2 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

The worst incident I've ever seen of someone using the same name is a friend, whose name is Danny (but legally Daniel) whose dad was completely uninvolved in his life, total deadbeat, who then got married and called his new son Daniel as well (names changed). Just... the levels of fucked up-ness. Unfortunately it means I have to give a small amount of kudos to all the shitty dads out there who haven't done this.

My SIL's grandfather actually did something similar. So there are apparently more of these idiots in the world than I knew...great?

2 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I know a shitty mom who did this. I have a relative I'll call Stephen, known as Steve, who was dating soon-to-be Shitty Mom as teens. They named their son Stephen (Middle name that can be shortened to "Trey") Steveslastname. We call him Lil' Steve. As he grew older, some of friends started calling him 'Trey' because I guess it sounded cooler. Anyway, several years after breaking up with Steve, Shitty Mom started dating someone we all called NewSteve, whose full name we'll say is Steven Michael Somebody, Jr. After about a decade (of being mean and emotionally abusive to Lil' Steve), NewSteve and Shitty Mom married and had a daughter. Two years ago they welcomed a son, who they named Steven Michael Somebody, III. They call him Trey. I can't understand how a mother would do this. 

• WTF 5

3 hours ago, dolcez said:

My uncle has two children named after him. Son #1 is (Uncle's Name) Jr, and Son #2 is (Uncle's Name) (Great Uncle's Name as middle name)...

I have an aunt who's name is Maria Alexandra and she has 5 daughters: Maria Alexandra JR, Maria Isabel, Maria Carolina, Maria Sofia, Maria Paula. (The middle names are changed but they are all Marias). The youngest one is a boy and I make fun of him and call him Joey Tribbiani, they honestly seem like the Tribbianis, lol. 

I find it ridiculous. My husband wants to name a future son after him and I already vetoed that, I was named after both of my grandmothers and I hate it. My compromise is getting our imaginary son to share my husband's middle name.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I have an aunt who's name is Maria Alexandra and she has 5 daughters: Maria Alexandra JR, Maria Isabel, Maria Carolina, Maria Sofia, Maria Paula. (The middle names are changed but they are all Marias). The youngest one is a boy and I make fun of him and call him Joey Tribbiani, they honestly seem like the Tribbianis, lol. 

I find it ridiculous. My husband wants to name a future son after him and I already vetoed that, I was named after both of my grandmothers and I hate it. My compromise is getting our imaginary son to share my husband's middle name.

My cousins, all sisters, are Maria Jacinta, twins Maria de los Angeles & Maria Guadalupe, and Maria Dolores.  Their brother is not a "Maria" though, he's a Jesus. ;) 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

I have almost 50 first cousins. Names are shared. If you yell “bob” into the crowd you’ll get several heads turned ???

• Haha 5

I worked with a young lady from a family of eight. She and her siblings names all started with the same letter like the Duggars. (not real names): Sarah, Stephanie, Samantha, Susan. Her brothers on the other hand all had the dad's name Stuart as their first name. Stuart Daniel, Stuart William, Stuart Andrew, Stuart Christopher. All the boys went by their middle names

A good friend’s daughter just had her first and gave him a beautiful, classic first name. His middle name is a verb. Think John Draw Jones. This particular middle name has been known as a last name, but I have never personally known anyone with that name, either as a first or last name. And they are calling this boy, you guessed it, by his middle name. My octogenarian Mom called me confused. Why are they calling him that, it’s not a name.  My husband replied, “once he gets to school he’ll be called John.” 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

I have almost 50 first cousins. Names are shared. If you yell “bob” into the crowd you’ll get several heads turned ???

My husband has a huge Mennonite family - so heavy in the rotation at all family gatherings.: Mary, Helen, Elizabeth, Margaret, Anne, Sarah, Peter, Jacob, Issac, Henry, William, Neil. Hubs has a cousin who has one of those male names as his first AND last name. I have 8 sisters in laws - and 2 of them have one of the girls names, and two others have one of the other names. (the rest are names from that list above). It's not uncommon to have Mary & Peter be siblings - who are married to a Peter & Mary. it's all very confusing. 

• Haha 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic