IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, JillyO said:

I've mentioned before that Joy and I share a due date. Personally, I'm going in for induction tomorrow at 39 weeks exactly. According to yesterday's NST, I'm having lots of contractions, but so far they are completely painless. Hopefully I won't have to start the process completely from zero, but we'll see. Wish me luck! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Healthy baby, healthy mama, and no one gets a medal for being a martyr. If you need relief, take it!

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 14

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

I've mentioned before that Joy and I share a due date. Personally, I'm going in for induction tomorrow at 39 weeks exactly. According to yesterday's NST, I'm having lots of contractions, but so far they are completely painless. Hopefully I won't have to start the process completely from zero, but we'll see. Wish me luck! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

All the best for a safe and easy delivery (and I hope you are back on your feet in time for Ultra Unlock Unova week ? ).  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

I have yet to meet anyone that loves major surgery???  ??? In my 10 years experience as a theatre nurse, not one patient has been excited for major surgery.. 

Obviously, you have never met my sister-in-law.  She likes nothing better than invasive tests and surgery.  Seriously. But she really is nuts.

• Haha 14

5 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Obviously, you have never met my sister-in-law.  She likes nothing better than invasive tests and surgery.  Seriously. But she really is nuts.

I have always loved you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I take this to mean she is waiting to go into spontaneous labour. So no planned c section. 

A326779A-4191-49F8-BD59-4203C1C6778A.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

She's said she numerous times she doesn't want another c/section if she can avoid it. She's not due for another week, she is due the 19th. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Other than getting to a point where she'd need an induction for whatever reason, (and she could try a foly bulb first even then unless it was an emergency) there shouldn't be any medical reason to get a planned 2nd C-section if a mother doesn't want one. I HATED my C-section so I'd never get another if I didn't have to

Edited by Grace
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

According to Duggar Data, Joy mentioned in her vlog that her doctor talked about inducing once she goes over her due date. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

If Joy wants a wants a big family, she’ll do better to try for a VBAC if she can. Not saying she can’t have multiple csections, but my third one was the longest recovery thus far and I’m about to have another surgery for an umbilical hernia that was the result of them. Doctor says after this surgery that it’s safe to be pregnant again after the repair, but it’s been a harder time over all. I also ended up with a hematoma that found an exit through my incision area and I ended up at wound care once a week and having my husband pack it for me in between until it healed. All that to say if she’s determined to have a lot of babies it’s going to be easier on her body if she is able to vbac. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

As a VBAC mama here, just chiming in to say Joy really is doing everything she needs to in order to have this baby vaginally if she wants that. I have had two Vbacs and per my doctor's recommendations, she was comfortable with me going a week over.  I know with Vbacs there is debate amongst doctors if induction is ok. I was told with my first vbac, that I could not be induced. Thankfully I went into labor on my due date. With my second vbac (4 years after my first one), I was induced and told it was ok. Maybe because I already proved my body could deliver vaginally at that point??? Or maybe doctors have changed their thinking on induction and Vbacs in the 4 years? Either way, I do wish her luck if that is what she wants. I support woman in however they want to deliver. For myself though, C-section recovery was not fun. So just for the sake of recovery, I hope Joy gets her VBAC. But to also chime in with another poster, yes if they want a very large family, I'm sure getting her VBAC is making her very anxious. I don't know many woman (personally) who were allowed more than 4 c sections. 

• Upvote 18

Both of my c sections were incredibly traumatic for me I don’t blame her if she wants to try a VBAC I got unfairly talked out of one by my OB and I’m still upset 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 8
  • Love 7

I’m an L&D nurse and my facility won’t do anything but a foley bulb induction for a VBAC induction but other facilities will do low dose Pitocin. It just depends on the doctor and the facility. Either way, I’m glad she’ll be in a hospital being monitored. We are extra careful monitoring VBACs and are always ready for a c-section if needed. I hope it goes in Joy’s favor. 

• Upvote 17

Hope she gets the birth she wants and it goes safely. My mum had a section with my brother because he was breech then she wanted a Vbac with my sister and asked if she could be induced on her due date as she had been advised due to how small she is that if the baby grew too much she would need another section, they didn't then she was told week next appointment she needed a section, she wasn't happy. With me she had no choice and had me by section a month early due to complications. My sister decided to book a section 2 weeks before her due date with her second son but would have tried for vbac if she had gone into natural labour. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

My sister decided to book a section 2 weeks before her due date with her second son but would have tried for vbac if she had gone into natural labour. 

This is what I did as well. I was open for a Vbac, but went overdue and without impending labor, so I went for the repeat section. I never went into labor either time, and back in the day they wouldn’t induce a woman who had already had a previous c-section. 

• Upvote 3

I hope she gets the delivery she wants. I have had both a natural vaginal birth and a planned C Section due to placenta previa. If I were to have a third, which I don't plan to, I would go for a C Section again. I actually found the vaginal delivery much more traumatizing and with my anxiety I like knowing when my baby was coming (barring any surprise early delivery). But every woman is different and every birth is different. As long as she's going for a VBAC because that's what she truly wants, I wish her luck. 

Edited by Sullie06
  • Upvote 14

Joy posted another video, this one about a date she took Gideon on.  A couple things, I was happy to see Austin HUG and kiss G on the lips, considering the side hugs the Duggerlings got from their parents this is a HUGE step up.  G saying FRWUUUCK is priceless because Joy immediately says TRUCK so we realize what he should be saying. 

She mentions being purposeful in showing your children you love them, I'm sure that is something she never got from her own parents as MEchelle was always looking to the next baby and not focusing on the ones she already had.  I always hope that these 2nd gens realize that having a dozen + kids means you can't give the children the love and affection they deserve, so they don't HAVE a dozen + kids. 

They stop at a Dollar Store and he gets to pick out a toy, and of course he picks out a little plastic toy gun. that he points and waves and shoots everywhere. I HATE toy guns, especially for small children because this teaches them that toys are guns, and they aren't. These idiots most likely have guns and have them handy meaning little hands can get them.  

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

On 8/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I HATE toy guns, especially for small children because this teaches them that toys are guns, and they aren't. These idiots most likely have guns and have them handy meaning little hands can get them.  

We have guns in the house. Even though they're locked away in the safe when they're not being used we do not allow toy guns. Because guns are absolutely not toys and there will be no confusion.  

Just this past week a child was killed in our area because another kid was "playing" with a real gun. 

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 5

My son's father was a medic in Vietnam and would not allow any gun - real or toy- in our home. My son chewed a piece of toast into the shape of a gun or played "gun" with his hand.  As an adult,  he owns several guns, has a concealed carry permit and often carries. Maybe we should just have let him play with guns. (I can shoot, but I truly dont like guns myself.)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Not that josh's mom said:

My son's father was a medic in Vietnam and would not allow any gun - real or toy- in our home. My son chewed a piece of toast into the shape of a gun or played "gun" with his hand.  As an adult,  he owns several guns, has a concealed carry permit and often carries. Maybe we should just have let him play with guns. (I can shoot, but I truly dont like guns myself.)

My dad had his hand gun from Vietnam, but it was in like 3 pieces, I don't know why but it was. He got his dads hunting guns when he died (my dads an only child) , my mom HATES LOATHES guns, so he gave them to his cousin, mostly because his cousin hunts and my dad does not.  I'm not a fan of guns myself, mostly because they scare the shit out of me, I don't know how to use them and I'm very clumsy I hurt myself standing still. My son got his concealed carry about a year and a half ago and bought a gun about a year ago. He likes to go play bang bang at the shooting range frequently. We've had to talk him out of being a douche bag and open carry, just because he can.  I told him he can't have anymore guns in our house, he's got to move out before he can get anymore. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My dad had his hand gun from Vietnam, but it was in like 3 pieces, I don't know why but it was. He got his dads hunting guns when he died (my dads an only child) , my mom HATES LOATHES guns, so he gave them to his cousin, mostly because his cousin hunts and my dad does not.  I'm not a fan of guns myself, mostly because they scare the shit out of me, I don't know how to use them and I'm very clumsy I hurt myself standing still. My son got his concealed carry about a year and a half ago and bought a gun about a year ago. He likes to go play bang bang at the shooting range frequently. We've had to talk him out of being a douche bag and open carry, just because he can.  I told him he can't have anymore guns in our house, he's got to move out before he can get anymore. 

My son is nearly 50. At this point, I just say okay. That money could have been spent more wisely. He worked for more than 30 years in a variety of law enforcement positions and did learn to do things safely. I agree that open carry isn't what I want him to do if I'm around.

• Upvote 3

On 8/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They stop at a Dollar Store and he gets to pick out a toy, and of course he picks out a little plastic toy gun. that he points and waves and shoots everywhere. I HATE toy guns, especially for small children because this teaches them that toys are guns, and they aren't. These idiots most likely have guns and have them handy meaning little hands can get them.  

There's a picture of me on Christmas morning in the mid-late 60s, a little older than Gideon, opening presents....opening a toy life-size machine gun with the words " new real sound!" all over the box. In the background, you see a toy ironing board and iron already played with.  I was an only child at the time so all the toys was intended for me and no one else.  

Keep in mind that I live in New England which is not exactly the gun capital of the country and this was during the height of the Vietnam War, which my father was 100% against and later in the 70s even wore a bracelet supporting a POW.    So I have no idea what would possess anyone in my peace-loving family to buy me a toy machine gun for Christmas, along with toy appliances.  Were my parents trying to be progressive young 60s parents with their daughter and relax gender roles with toys?  Who knows.

And as an aside, I am not a fan of guns at all...or ironing either, for that matter.    

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 20

I remember getting a toy gun for Christmas when I was a kid - I think my brother got one so we both had to have something similar to prevent a fight.  We took them over to my cousins' place and he wanted to show me his step dad's guns.  I remain convinced that if 6 year old me hadn't dug my heels in over it sounding unsafe one of us probably would have been shot.  This particular cousin was a moron and would have thought pointing it at us and pulling the trigger was funny, up until the fallout.  My parents were so furious when they found out we never celebrated a holiday with that part of the family again.

No guns in our house, not now not ever.

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic