IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, coexist said:

I know a shitty mom who did this. I have a relative I'll call Stephen, known as Steve, who was dating soon-to-be Shitty Mom as teens. They named their son Stephen (Middle name that can be shortened to "Trey") Steveslastname. We call him Lil' Steve. As he grew older, some of friends started calling him 'Trey' because I guess it sounded cooler. Anyway, several years after breaking up with Steve, Shitty Mom started dating someone we all called NewSteve, whose full name we'll say is Steven Michael Somebody, Jr. After about a decade (of being mean and emotionally abusive to Lil' Steve), NewSteve and Shitty Mom married and had a daughter. Two years ago they welcomed a son, who they named Steven Michael Somebody, III. They call him Trey. I can't understand how a mother would do this. 

The only good thing about this is that when you yell at your kids, you only have one name to choose from instead of mixing up your kids names ?

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I have an aunt who's name is Maria Alexandra and she has 5 daughters: Maria Alexandra JR, Maria Isabel, Maria Carolina, Maria Sofia, Maria Paula. (The middle names are changed but they are all Marias). The youngest one is a boy and I make fun of him and call him Joey Tribbiani, they honestly seem like the Tribbianis, lol. 

I find it ridiculous. My husband wants to name a future son after him and I already vetoed that, I was named after both of my grandmothers and I hate it. My compromise is getting our imaginary son to share my husband's middle name.

This is very common in Catholic families--all the girls are given Mary or Maria as a first name, then they go by their middle name or first/middle as one name.

26 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

I have almost 50 first cousins. Names are shared. If you yell “bob” into the crowd you’ll get several heads turned ???

Similar here--Grandfather was named Edward....there are at least 14 boy descendants from him that have the name Edward as either their first name or middle name including my dad, my brother, and my son 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

This is very common in Catholic families--all the girls are given Mary or Maria as a first name, then they go by their middle name or first/middle as one name.

Portuguese families (who are predominantly Catholic)  have been known to do the same.  I knew a girl who was one of six sisters...all named Maria.  One was Maria Conceicao (she went by "Connie"), another was Maria Teresa (went by "Terri").  The one I knew went strictly by Maria.  When I asked her why she did not go by her middle name like her sisters, she replied, "Because my middle name is Jesus".  Aside from "Jessi" there really isn't much shortening you could do with Jesus and the family likely would have considered doing so as blasphemous and disrespectful.  

• Upvote 2

This conversation has my thinking of Joey's sisters on Friends, when there's a Mary Theresa and a Mary Angela and Chandler doesn't remember which one he hooked up with ?

image.png.7f85d82b92983a888668dd5cd47cc9f2.png

• Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

The Mueller family followed here on FJ has 2 grandkids named Caleb born just 2 months apart in 2015. They have different middle names and last names at least.

I also know a girl who’s dad and brother are both named Alejandro and she recently started dating a guy named Alejandro ?

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3

George Foreman has 5 boys, George Edward Jr, George Edward III, George Edward IV, George Edward V & George Edward VI. My sisters bff in high school Her, her brother and her 2 sisters are Aaron Joseph, Anna Jo,  Amelia Jo & Abby Jo  all in honor of their mother, Andrea Jo, who was named for her mother Mary Jo. 

The closest we come is my sons middle name is his father's 1st name. My brother's middle name is also my father's 1st name and my father's 1st name is his father's 1st name and so on back through several more generations. My sister didn't do this with her son, because it was either go all in on his unusual name along the lines of Darrence Raymond Jones IV. He uses his full name professionally and the fam calls him Ray.  Darrence Raymond Jones III goes by DR when signing papers and emails and such, but people call him Doc, Darrence Raymond Jr went by Junior. My nephew's name along the lines of William Matthew very common basic "normal" middle class white male name. 

• Upvote 1

The whole Catholic thing of using similar names reminds me of that scene from Goodfella's where Henry's wife is talking about how many people were named Paulie and they married women named Marie.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Just now happened to see this. Apparently her name is Evelyn? And why on earth would the photographer be the one to announce the name??? 

Regardless, I’m glad they chose a nice, sensible, classic name. With the wait, I was afraid it might be a girl-equivalent of Spurgeon. They look happy, and I truly wish the best for Evelyn. 

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
Typo
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

She looks a lot like Austin's sister's daughters. 

That lips pictures is... interesting.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if their name-theme is names ending in “-n” (Gideon, Evelyn)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I wonder if their name-theme is names ending in “-n” (Gideon, Evelyn)

Austin

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, viii said:

She edited the name out of the post. I'm guessing it wasn't supposed to be released yet. 

Not fast enough for our FJ sleuths.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3

@viii I agree. It seemed like a huge mistake on the photographer’s part. It’s pretty hard to cover up info once it’s leaked. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

The Mueller family followed here on FJ has 2 grandkids named Caleb born just 2 months apart in 2015. They have different middle names and last names at least.

I also know a girl who’s dad and brother are both named Alejandro and she recently started dating a guy named Alejandro ?

My nephew’s name is Lauren Kelly James. He married a woman named Lauren Kelly Jones. The now wife’s late father was named James. These are not their real names, but quite similar. They have 3 kids. None of them has Lauren, James or Kelly in their first or middle names.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I have an aunt who's name is Maria Alexandra and she has 5 daughters: Maria Alexandra JR, Maria Isabel, Maria Carolina, Maria Sofia, Maria Paula.

6 hours ago, Honey Beach said:

My cousins, all sisters, are Maria Jacinta, twins Maria de los Angeles & Maria Guadalupe, and Maria Dolores.  Their brother is not a "Maria" though, he's a Jesus. ;) 

That is SO catholic of them, lol! My grandma was the same way, Maria Guadalupe and Maria Teresa! 

6 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

My husband wants to name a future son after him and I already vetoed that, I was named after both of my grandmothers and I hate it.

Good for you. It's very popular in our culture, but I find it so annoying! (I blame my uncle.) My brother is named after my father but we've called him by a nickname for so long, I sometimes forget it's not his real name. 

I'm named after two of my aunts, so when we're together people always have to add an -ita to address me.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Im guessing that photographer wont be used by the family again!

Poor form to put out photos in the first place before the family..... but the name too [emoji15][emoji2360]

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

Evelyn is such a pretty name. It means ‘wished for child’ and she really was after everything Joy and Austin have been through. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 7

My sister went to school with identical twins names Donna Miller who had a cousin of the same age in the same school also named.... Donna Miller.  

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Evelyn is a lovely name, bad mistake on the photographers part, she may have thought it had already been released. That is up there with Jessica Seewald annoucing Spurgeon's birth and giving away the fact he was a boy, all while Jessa had been rushed to hospital. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Evelyn is one of my nieces names, we'll call her Evie.

I like the name Evelyn Joy,  my sons names starts with an E and my daughters with a G. 

56 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Evelyn is a lovely name, bad mistake on the photographers part, she may have thought it had already been released. That is up there with Jessica Seewald annoucing Spurgeon's birth and giving away the fact he was a boy, all while Jessa had been rushed to hospital. 

Jessa's niece was/is a thirsty attention seeker (I that is redundant) and did it on purpose, while I'm HOPING the photographer did it by mistake, thinking that after almost a week they'd have told the name already. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

Interesting that Evelyn is the name. Named after Michelle’s sister or some other reason?

Isn't Evelyn the gay sister?

The Counting On wiki has her listed as Evelyn, but still nothing official from the Forsyths.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic