IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

Before opening this topic, I could see them naming her Elizabeth and hearing Joy call her 'Lisbeth' which could get shortened to Lizzy/Lissy, so it's funny to me that there are now rumors of them naming her Felicity.

Edited by MaryOrMartha
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, lilith said:

I imagined my last daughter coming out with dark eyes and thick dark hair like her father. Turns out she’s the fairest of all my children, even though the eldest threes father has lighter hair and eyes. It doesn’t stop my mother in law from saying “but we don’t have blue eyed kids in our family” (despite my blue eyes) and my sister in law buying my very slight daughter clothes two sizes up because “we make big kids in our family”. 

my mom had two daughters with light brown hair (one sister was mostly blond) and blue eyes when I was born. She said she had always wanted a little girl to look like my dads sister - brown hair, brown eyes. And then I came along and had both and she was thrilled. I don't think I look like my aunt AT ALL besides coloring, but yes - the gene pool is vast.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, kiwi said:

I took his post to more mean - he cant believe he has a daughter - to keep, to take home, to love on, to watch grow.

One in heaven and this one in his arms. I also don’t think he meant it as a slight. But I can get how people would though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Meggo said:

my mom had two daughters with light brown hair (one sister was mostly blond) and blue eyes when I was born. She said she had always wanted a little girl to look like my dads sister - brown hair, brown eyes. And then I came along and had both and she was thrilled. I don't think I look like my aunt AT ALL besides coloring, but yes - the gene pool is vast.

I once worked with someone years ago who’s niece was her clone. I saw a picture of her on her desk, I thought it was a picture of her daughter. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Austin's message about "can't get over the fact that I have a Daughter!" rubs me the wrong way. You already have a daughter. This is your second one. Maybe I'm just sentimental about these things. 

I read it more like, here with them, actually, I would be very hurt if someone made a similar remark to my mother (I was a twin, my sister died shortly after labor, she lived like a day or two) she refers to herself as a mother of two, not three. I could be wrong, but I found it a sweet message 

Eta I forget to mention that I have a younger sister, this is why I say my mother refers to herself as a mother of two 

My mom does the same. My older sister was born at 24 weeks and survived only a day. My Mom went on to have my and my two siblings. She tells people we has 3 kids. Even though technically she had 4, she said it's not to discount my sisters short life but she also doesn't want to have to explain to every person she meets why she says he has 4 children when she clearly only as 3 living children. Also, she considers me her oldest child. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 16

7 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

She won't name her Felicity, seriously. Unless Jinger stole her name from Joy early on, then she has every right but it will still be stupid. I hope she goes by something classy. 

Austin's message about "can't get over the fact that I have a Daughter!" rubs me the wrong way. You already have a daughter. This is your second one. Maybe I'm just sentimental about these things. 

He has a daughter that died in utero and a living newborn daughter. I'm sure they are BOTH beyond happy to have a daughter they can hold and love and watch grow, their 1st was taken from they before they got to know her. Would you say this to his face? Her face? I would hope not because it is cruel. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

That would be bizarre if Joy named her daughter Felicity.  It's not like it's an extremely common name. 

I worked with someone who named her second son Matthew, even though her husband's brother already had a son named Matthew.  So the paternal grandparents had two grandsons with the same first and last name.  My co-worker didn't care; she liked the name Matthew and that was that.   I guess when they were all together one was Matthew #1 and the other was Matthew #2, or Matt and Matty.   

Interestingly, the husband's brother and his wife pulled a Josh and Anna (or a Moody Family in honor of Sarah Maxwell)  and had all "M" kids.  I think their names were Matthew, Michael, Mitchell, Melissa and Megan.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Rumours doing the rounds on fb sites is that they have named her felicity... 

Thought you were making a joke. I have a friend who’s husband has the same first and middle name as a cousin. Very common name, but still. There were 27 cousins so I don’t see why 2 have to share a name. Didn’t bother them though.

I'm not going to snark on Austin's comment. His grief is his own, and it's really none of our business to comment on how he's handling it. Some people don't view losses the same way as other people do, and neither way is wrong. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8

14 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Thought you were making a joke. I have a friend who’s husband has the same first and middle name as a cousin. Very common name, but still. There were 27 cousins so I don’t see why 2 have to share a name. Didn’t bother them though.

Were the cousins many years apart?  

Singer Marie Osmond has a son named Matthew. One of her older brother’s also has a son named Matthew. But I think the cousins are like 20 plus years apart. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

I want to know this baby's name already!!!

Me too!! I was sure we would find out after Counting On or at a commercial or something. I hope we don't have to wait until next week

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HeartsAFundie said:

That would be bizarre if Joy named her daughter Felicity.  It's not like it's an extremely common name. 

I'd say it would be weird - but this family has a Joy Anna and a JoHannah.. so.....

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, Meggo said:

I'd say it would be weird - but this family has a Joy Anna and a JoHannah.. so.....

True... maybe they'll name her Falicity ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I worked with someone who named her second son Matthew, even though her husband's brother already had a son named Matthew.  So the paternal grandparents had two grandsons with the same first and last name.  My co-worker didn't care; she liked the name Matthew and that was that.   I guess when they were all together one was Matthew #1 and the other was Matthew #2, or Matt and Matty.   

Interestingly, the husband's brother and his wife pulled a Josh and Anna (or a Moody Family in honor of Sarah Maxwell)  and had all "M" kids.  I think their names were Matthew, Michael, Mitchell, Melissa and Megan.  

My MIL and her sister both have sons named John, My BIL John is 62 and his cousin John is 42. There are also two Daniels, My husbands Uncle had a son named Daniel, and his Aunt has a son named Daniel, the Aunt & Uncle were siblings (both the Uncle & Aunt have passed as has the Uncle's son Daniel) , I always thought ti was strange that they would do that. The older Daniel was mentally disabled and went by Danny his whole life, and the younger goes by Daniel or Dan.  

1 hour ago, viii said:

True... maybe they'll name her Falicity ?

Or Felicia. 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Isn’t Felicity the name of Jinger’s daughter?

the Today show posted about Joy's birth on Instagram, but with a picture of Jinger and Jeremy and not joy and Austin :) that's why they're saying they should name their child Felicity. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I once worked with someone years ago who’s niece was her clone. I saw a picture of her on her desk, I thought it was a picture of her daughter. 

This is my daughter and my sister. Everyone says she looks like me, until they see the 3 of us together. People who haven't seen my sister in a while, see my daughter, and think it's my sister. They always comment on how good she's looking! Even on the phone, they sound alike.  I always tease my daughter, that it's God punishing me for calling my sister ugly all those years!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

My mom does the same. My older sister was born at 24 weeks and survived only a day. My Mom went on to have my and my two siblings. She tells people we has 3 kids. Even though technically she had 4, she said it's not to discount my sisters short life but she also doesn't want to have to explain to every person she meets why she says he has 4 children when she clearly only as 3 living children. Also, she considers me her oldest child. 

This is me, exactly.  My firstborn was born at 24 weeks, in 1989.  He only lived hours. 

When my first living child was born, I quickly came to realize that it was just too difficult to have to explain.  

My kids all know about their older brother, but I typically say I have three kids, not four.  That NEVER means I've forgot.  It just means that even 30 years later, it still hurts too much to explain. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 31

MathBoy 2.0 has a second cousin who was given the exact same name. First, middle, last. Five years younger. We are a small family, only a handful of cousins/second cousins. Yes, I was peeved.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Were the cousins many years apart?  

Singer Marie Osmond has a son named Matthew. One of her older brother’s also has a son named Matthew. But I think the cousins are like 20 plus years apart. 

Nope. Very close in age.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

@GutenbergGirl I'm so sorry for the lost of your firstborn. Not in the same league, but my father died when I was 11, and I also just responded to questions about his job or whatever with what he was doing when he died. 30 years later, I still do it, as now people assume it must be relatively recent, so if I said he died, they'd be trying to console me. Try to brush it off, and say it was 30 years ago, and they are upset about introducing a painful topic of conversation.
I don't think people are being nosy or nasty at all, it's just a casual conversation topic, and they'd be mortified if they thought it was such a difficult thing to discuss. But also, it's a totally friendly normal one in many circumstances. Still, something that is hard to answer honestly, without making one/both parties uncomfortable. Perhaps slightly different for JoStin, as the world knows they have another daughter, but...

...FWIW e.g. @Glasgowghirl, though others said it too, I also think Austin just meant having a daughter to take home. And it's probably healthy. The new daughter doesn't need to feel in competition with the one in heaven now, or that she wouldn't exist if Annabell had lived. Lauren gets a load of snark for Asa, and whether Bella would forever live in Asa's shadow. JoStin don't need to grieve Annabell publicly when the new daughter arrives (who wouldn't exist if Annabell lived). We all (well, people who follow them) saw their grief. Also, if he said he couldn't believe he now had a "living" daughter, someone would get onto him about how Annabell is living eternally in heaven with Jesus, etc etc. Their followers are just as gross, often, as they are.

I intensely dislike these people, at least what they stand for, but I think picking apart his statement is pushing it. They might (well, do)  have horrific beliefs, but they are still human. After Annabell, despite all the God's will stuff, they must have been terrified. The baby is here, and his wife and their daughter are healthy.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 4

I always joke about only half the males in my family being called John or Ian. If I have a son I would like to use John as one of the middle names but it will not a his first name. If a family member or even friend has used a name I will not be using it even if it is a name I really love. I don't see Joy using Felicity for her daughter when Jinger has already used it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GutenbergGirl said:

This is me, exactly.  My firstborn was born at 24 weeks, in 1989.  He only lived hours. 

When my first living child was born, I quickly came to realize that it was just too difficult to have to explain.  

My kids all know about their older brother, but I typically say I have three kids, not four.  That NEVER means I've forgot.  It just means that even 30 years later, it still hurts too much to explain. 

I'm sorry for your loss. My sister Carolyn was born in July 1981, so there was little they could do for her. My Mom decided she wasn't going to have more kids.... Surprise! I was born in March 1983, at it really was a surprise because her cycle was all messed up after having my sister. My Mom went on to have my sister in 1985 and my brother in 1991. She also had 2 miscarriages between my brother and sister and an ectopic pregnancy a few months before conceiving my brother.  My mother was always appropriately open with us about our older sister but even 39 years later she still gets very emotional talking about her. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic