IGNORED

Lori Alexander 74: Anniversary Pain

14 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Never tasted it, it's not very wide spread here. But we could get in livelong feud over Nutella sandwiches with or without butter underneath :D

I need to know more about this Nutella/butter thing. I have never heard of such a thing!

• Upvote 1

I took a break from Lori over the holidays.  

It's just the same old song and dance.  Women shouldn't vote.  Women are required to marry and have children to be Lorily (my replacement for "Godly" as this has no relationship to spirituality by the Bible Lori says she advocates.)

No voice.  No individual vote.  No choice.  Just an accessory to men - this is what Lori Alexander thinks of women.   

The only thing new is that she probably smells bad because she does not use deodorant along with only showering once a week.

4 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I'd say "who cares, as long as there's Nutella."

I need to forget Nutella exists - it's way too tempting. Of course, some people in my life are making that hard. Last night, a piano student of mine was wearing the shirt he'd asked for as a Christmas gift:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.138ae312b0706b2fbf95ce8c89e33f1f.png

I went to Russia in the late 90's and encountered a Kiosk that had super-sized jars of Nutella for the equivalent of $.15 USD - I was in grad school at the time.  I bought all 8 jars they had.  When I came back to the US, I was randomly selected to have my suitcases searched at customs.  The Customs guy looks at my stash of Nutella and asks "what are you going to do with all this?"  And I said without thinking "Eat it!" Giving him a look like he was nuts for asking.

I got through many grad school study sessions by dipping little pretzel sticks into Nutella.

I've never had it with butter - although it makes sense to me, because it is darn yummy on a croissant (which is at least half butter).

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

Lorily (my replacement for "Godly" as this has no relationship to spirituality by the Bible Lori says she advocates.)

I like it. We could also have "Alexanderly," for the crap both she and Ken spew.

For all that Lori goes on and on about women, in her vile way, there's one subject I wish she'd tackle. I want her to write about menstrual issues, because I've been dying to do something with

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

@thoughtful, as a fellow dry-skin sufferer, I own a ridiculous number of body creams and lotions. I only ever use moisturizing soaps/shower gels, and rub baby oil all over my wet skin before I leave the shower when the weather gets cool. 
Also, re song cues: My friend’s college roommate suffered from dysmenorrhea. She put up a sign that said, “Alexandria’s Rag Time Should Be Banned.”

Edited by Hane
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

I need to know more about this Nutella/butter thing. I have never heard of such a thing!

Think of peanut butter and jelly, just with unsalted butter and nutella, only with less butter than pb&j. For many germans it's the only way to eat a nutella sandwich :D 

33 minutes ago, Hane said:

@thoughtful, as a fellow dry-skin sufferer, I own a ridiculous number of body creams and lotions. I only ever use moisturizing soaps/shower gels, and rub baby oil all over my wet skin before I leave the shower when the weather gets cool.

I feel you sister, dry skins sucks and wintertime makes it worse. It took me some time to get to my current regimen to make it better und I tried a lot of stuff.

• Upvote 8

From Lori's Twitter:

The women's fight for the right to vote wasn't some great victory for women. No, it was the beginning of the destruction of our once great nation.

I'm sorry Lori but you are a nutjob. Women needed the right to vote to overcome all the struggles they still go through today. Do you realize what we as women go through? No you don't because you are ignorant to the problems women face today. 

Maybe you should have lived in those times, when all women were allowed to do was bear children and be a servant to their husbands. Now we as women can do all the things that men told us we can't do. We as women should NEVER question our right to vote. We should HONOR it! You are tarnishing the Founding Mother's fight for WOMEN's RIGHTS! 

Women STILL are facing crisis today, there is the lower wages, the fact that we pay extra for things we can't control (periods, birth control) and we have higher rates of depression so insurance can be a lot more expensive. 

Birth Control; some women actually need it so their bodies don't destroy them. Women with PCOS, endometriosis, nightmarish cramps.. etc. Women aren't just using the pill to prevent pregnancy, their bodies need the extra hormones. Then you shun the women who are having to undergo hysterectomy's in the child bearing years because they are barren and they have other medical issues. Women are not just baby makers and maids. 

Women should never shun other women. But that is all you know how to do, isn't it? You sit on your computer, just judging everyone away. You never look at WHO your judging, your only judging the words you say. 

Look at the Facebook profiles of those you judge for being childless or unmarried. 

Edited by rayneflower
Added More to my rant
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 6

Her explanation of women's studies is also a joke. 

Women's studies was where I read academic articles about women's work in the home and how much their unpaid labor goes towards helping our economy. I also read about how the pill lowers libido and increases risk of depression, and may have changed the landscape of adolescent women's health. AKA, it basically affirmed a lot of Lori's beliefs. I mean I also learned a lot of radical feminism, but again, no one said THIS IS RIGHT, we just read the articles and discussed.

Who writes this stuff about "Liberal colleges"? Have they actually gone, or is it just hearsay? 

Reminds me of the hysteria around safe spaces (you mean a place where people can have polite discourse without being physically or verbally attacked??), trigger warnings (simply there so as not to surprise victims of trauma), and schools pushing a gay agenda (by providing counseling, resource centers, housing, healthcare, and branches in the student government). 

I also don't think Lori has stepped foot in a public school ever. In middle school (2006-2008) I took general home economics -- it was actually called FACS family and consumer sciences -- (how to sew buttons, do laundry, clean, and kitchen safety) and then moved on to Cooking home ec. (baking, meal planning), next I took Sewing home ec. (we made pillows, gym bags, aprons, stuffed animals), and I also took Health, which taught CPR, babysitting, hygiene, and included abstinence only information!  I also took Shop class (it had a more professional name too but I forget) that taught you how to use a hammer, leveler, screw driver, and follow building instructions.

So remind me again how public schools don't teach ANYTHING about being a future homemaker? 

• Upvote 14

5 hours ago, smittykins said:

Well, in the book of Lori, probably only Luke would count, being male and all.

I have 2 male feline headships now. Luke, my fat-ass lazy idiot and our new kitty, Panther. Panther was a stray who showed up at our door when it started getting cold. We think he was abandoned by a former tenant. So, I have to get them to agree on who I should vote for? This should be interesting...they don't agree on anything. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 2

What just happened here? I finally make it back to the Lori thread and someone's having a freak out over showers. Sounds like someone needs a cold shower. And a Xanax. And possibly a nap.

Anyhoo, several months later and still the same old Lori. It's amazing that she's able to keep up a ministry with such a limited range of topics. She has the same six or so that she bitches about and it's just lather, rinse, repeat (see what I did there) till she's back around to the first again. The nice thing is that since Lori has stopped toeing the line and completely jumped into the MGTOW crowd, she's become less palatable for the masses. I often see screenshots of her tweets and Insta posts on r/insanepeoplefacebook and other places that mock people like her. Lori was my gateway fundie so it really warms the cockles of my heart to see her views ostracized in so many places.

• Upvote 16

3 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I also don't think Lori has stepped foot in a public school ever. 

Lori was a TEACHER.

Surely she has some experience with public school, either as a student, student teacher, or otherwise.

If she's going to rail against this stuff, she should really share more info about her own experiences to corroborate her statements. She went to college, she should share what she was taught there that was so terrible. She was a teacher, she should share the terrible stuff she was "forced" to teach. (No, not that stupid story you told Ken about a fellow teacher being demon possessed or whatever. We know you just made that up to try and get him to let you stay home and not work.)

I'm kind of glad she managed to lie and trick Ken into letting her stay home (by sabotaging her birth control and getting pregnant without his consent). I can't imagine lazy, terrible, mean Lori having influence over children who are not her own as a teacher. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I'm kind of glad she managed to lie and trick Ken into letting her stay home (by sabotaging her birth control and getting pregnant without his consent). I can't imagine lazy, terrible, mean Lori having influence over children who are not her own as a teacher. 

Well, it's a shame that any children at all had to be exposed to her, but, sometimes, as Spock (Mr., not Dr.) says:

image.png.fb1a5b9bcf0c15b514fd121138ac45e3.png

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

9 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Never tasted it, it's not very wide spread here. But we could get in livelong feud over Nutella sandwiches with or without butter underneath :D

“...wide spread...” —- I see what you did there!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Never mind. Can't figure out how to remove quote box.  There used to be a symbol in the top menu of the reply box that if clicked, removed quoted content, but it appears to be gone now. 

• Upvote 2

Today Lori shared something about aging gracefully and ended up in quite a long exchange with a man. Someone, a woman, suggested Lori stop teaching a man. Lori deleted her comment!  Glad I got a screenshot. 

Also, a couple people have called Lori out for coloring her hair when she says gray hair is just part of growing old and women need to accept it. ?

10902FCF-5A73-4CC7-8788-9C793429860C.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

Anyone else remember when Lori said she wanted to stop dyeing her hair, but Ken said he’d have to take it under consideration?

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 6

21 minutes ago, Hane said:

Anyone else remember when Lori said she wanted to stop dyeing her hair, but Ken said he’d have to take it under consideration?

While I think every woman has to decide about her own body (including make up and clothes of course) and husbands shouldn't interfere, I'm delighted to see Lori taking her own medecine.

• Upvote 12

33 minutes ago, Hane said:

Your comment seems to go well with this exchange:

44EAF1C0-A1FE-4F66-AF54-25E9B303295A.jpeg

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

It's sad that Taliban Lori doesn't think women in their sixties can be be sexy, vibrant, and yes, lovely! She feels (and looks) over the hill and projects that on to everyone. Guess what? Mr. SB loves me more as time passes, as I do him. So there Lori. It matters to me that I look my best (for me and for him), and I pay attention to my hygiene because being close, including sex, is important to me. I like smelling good for myself too. I'm 64 will be 65 in the summer. And I will color my hair until they stop making it. Going today as a matter of fact. I even went blond in my later years. Lori is just dead on the inside. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 6

Today Lori's banging on about women being silent in church.  Again.  So let's apply Lori logic here.  The Bible is to be taken literally, right?  The verses that Lori cherry-picks says that women are to be silent in church, right?  So why does Lori make excuses for women singing in church?  Back in April of last year she says 'If a preacher asks the congregation to recite a prayer or scripture, a woman is obeying the elder and speaking along with the congregation. When she is singing praises to the Lord, she is singing with the congregation. Other than this, women are to be silent.'  The Bible doesn't say that, Lori!  Apparently it's OK to disobey Lori's god when a man says so.    

23230498.jpg

• Upvote 8

If Ken loves Lori at all, it is deeper than Lori loved him on their wedding day... since she straight out says she DIDN'T love him then. 

I wonder what Ken saw in her, then. I bet if he could go back in time, he'd tell his younger self to run and not look back.

And that's a pretty insightful statement for Lori, really. She does look worse now. She frankly looks way worse now than she did just two years ago! Looks aren't everything, but damn, Lori. Eat some real food and try being kind for once. It'll do way more for your looks than all that expensive skin care stuff (also better than cheese grease, for the record).

• Upvote 14

22 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I like it. We could also have "Alexanderly," for the crap both she and Ken spew.

For all that Lori goes on and on about women, in her vile way, there's one subject I wish she'd tackle. I want her to write about menstrual issues, because I've been dying to do something with

About bloody time! Lori talking about THINX underwears and Luna underwears. Women run those companies, you know. If not for them, we'd all be leaking through our clothes, chairs, bedsheets(and how do our husbands feel about that, huh?) and more women may be struggling with plastic issues. Oh yeah, and internal protection; let's not forget about that. Poor unfortunate Lori......

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Other than this, women are to be silent.'  The Bible doesn't say that, Lori!  Apparently it's OK to disobey Lori's god when a man says so.

I've had this same discussion with her on FB (prior to being banned for faulty medical information) that silent means silent. Not a little silent but singing is OK.  The word "silent" connotes totality.  Not sorta silent, or silent except when you modulate your voice aka singing.   She hemmed and hawed and was adamant singing was just fine and dandy! So many contradictions with this one. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 9

Oh my word, ya'll. Lori says an entire day's curriculum can fit into two hours.

Uh no, just no.  My kids are doing homeschool through Liberty University Online K-12 Academy.  Their work is extremely challenging.  They've had to do research papers, science experiments.  It's not possible to do all that in just two hours. It takes them about as long as a typical school day to get through all of their lessons.  Sure, some days they get finished earlier, but mostly they work from about 7:00 to between 1:00 and 2:00. 

• Upvote 11

The Transformed Wife Schools were created for girls. This is why they excel in them. It only furthers to put down the boys as if girls are smarter than boys. They aren't. They simply learn differently and schools cater to girls and harm boys.

I'm trying very desperately to wrap my head around this.  

School is evil.  

School was made for girls.

Girls is evil.

While I do agree that recess needs to be back in public school as a regular thing, I just can't for the life of me understand what she wants here.  They're supposed to be perfectly disciplined little robots but yet not taught to be still when it's appropriate to read or think?  It's 10am my time and it's too damn early for the crazy. 

• Upvote 12

Lori contradicts herself when she writes that boys were not made to sit still in school*, in my opinion. 

She and Ken spanked a toddler for FOUR HOURS for failing to pick up raisins. They are always going on about “sin” in a child’s life and “wrong thinking.”  They seem to think a small child has the capacity to comprehend consequences and sin, but are unable to sit still when expected. They expect an adult mindset but make allowances for child-like lack of physical self control, which is a huge component of how they make allowances for males starting at a very early age. 

*I personally think many kids, regardless of sex can be gently taught to sit still for short periods of time by age five. I also think being unable to sit still is not limited to little boys. It is a matter of personality (and other issues that impact this) not sex.  Personally, I struggled more with my little girl in these areas than with my little boy.  I used to inwardly roll my eyes when my sister would sigh and put on her martyr crown for raising active boys, like she was somehow working harder with her two boys than I was with one boy and one girl.  

Edited by usmcmom
Typo
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic