• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Lori Alexander 74: Anniversary Pain

louisa05

God created men to go out and work and women to stay home, Lori tells us today, for the 20,654th time. 

But, really? No. If you read the Genesis creation story and believe it is literal, it's pretty clear that God created people to lounge in paradise and enjoy themselves until they screwed it up by breaking that one rule. Then there is the whole cursing Adam to work in order to live from the earth. That is not about getting a job. That's about not having everything from God anymore. We have to find what we need to meet our needs ourselves. But if you want to take it literally, as Lori apparently does, then you can't have your husband being an orthodontic consultant. Adam was cursed to be a farmer. So Ken better move east to these Great Plains, buy himself a 500 acres and a combine and learn to raise corn. And having grown up in farming communities and with extended family who are farmers and my father working in agribusiness all his life, let me tell you this: farm wives don't sit in the house rubbing organic butter on their hands. They work and work hard. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

Wine time!
Maggie Mae

Is the story of Ruth not in the Christian Bible?

MarahMae

I almost risked being banned today, but I held back. I'm flabbergasted at her focus on men being cursed to work, and why would women want to carry that curse.  

I am lucky enough to have an extremely easy, very relaxing and enjoyable job working 3 days a week, from 3 to 10, while my partner stays home with the kids. I love my work.

Which kind of tails back to women going to college...most of us can choose the field we go into, and ( while there are always hard days) enjoy our work. Does she think we all are chomping at the bit to mine for coal with our bare hands? Lori can't seem to make up her mind...is she flabbergasted that women want to take on the curse of man? Or is she convinced we want money and power and equality (hardly a curse).

Sad
feministxtian
8 hours ago, MarahMae said:

Which kind of tails back to women going to college...most of us can choose the field we go into, and ( while there are always hard days) enjoy our work. Does she think we all are chomping at the bit to mine for coal with our bare hands? Lori can't seem to make up her mind...is she flabbergasted that women want to take on the curse of man? Or is she convinced we want money and power and equality (hardly a curse).

I've worked in factories, restaurants and offices. It's all work, honest work. As a matter of fact, at the factory, most of the smaller production lines were staffed by women. So was the inspection line. They were quite matter of fact about they felt women were better at the precision work and noticing problems. I was a manager at a few places...Papa John's, Little Caesar's, Burger King. Most of the management and store personnel were women except the delivery drivers, they were mostly men. In the office, most of the personnel were men. Engineering...

onemama
16 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Then there is the whole cursing Adam to work in order to live from the earth. That is not about getting a job. That's about not having everything from God anymore. We have to find what we need to meet our needs ourselves.

I'd correct the bold to say: that's about having to work to get the things we need because, since the fall, we have to learn to separate the good from the bad. Nature produces both together. 

16 hours ago, louisa05 said:

But if you want to take it literally, as Lori apparently does, then you can't have your husband being an orthodontic consultant. Adam was cursed to be a farmer. So Ken better move east to these Great Plains, buy himself a 500 acres and a combine and learn to raise corn.

No combine! Give him a scythe and get Lori to weave him a tarp so he can thresh the grain after harvesting it.  Should a crop fail, then he and Lori can go and glean from their neighbors' fields.  That's living under the curse.  

17 hours ago, louisa05 said:

farm wives don't sit in the house rubbing organic butter on their hands. They work and work hard. 

Lori loves to talk about working hard. Maybe she should give it a try!

Unimpressed
delphinium65
8 minutes ago, onemama said:

Lori loves to talk about working hard. Maybe she should give it a try!

Lori should try working, period, instead of sitting on her ass and bitching about what other women are doing.  

wallysmommy

Today’s rerun admonishes us to stay busy. Grow all your own food. See your own sheets. But she was way to sick to do anything. But her hands seem to work quite well.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

onemama

This is just the post on facebook. I won't follow her to her blog. 

One of the tragedies of this modern era where women have so many modern machines, conveniences, and stores to shop in, is that they have way too much free time and way too many of them sit around idle and waste the time they are given (being lonely), or try and use it up in useless (socializing and shopping just to shop) and other (playing games on phones or computers) wasteful ways.

One of the tragedies of this modern era where older women don't believe they can go outside of their homes to work and have so many modern machines, conveniences and stores to shop in, is that they have way too much free time and one particular one sits around idle, alone at home by choice,  wasting the time she's given  on questionable activities  (blogging, prying in other women's lives, shopping for expensive items) and other (posting on facebook, tweeting) wasteful ways.  

There, I fixed that for you, Lori. 

Edited by onemama
Clarity!

SongRed7

I've seen everything. I wonder if Ken knows Lori is now promoting a Manosphere convention (that won't even tell you the location except that it's in Orlando, Florida until  you pay the $1000 fee.)  They "flattered" her with a ticket and reference to her Debt, Free Virgins without Tattoos.  A  panel of he-men with most likely fake names will endlessly tell you how to "Make Women Great Again."  I scrolled through  the promo/website.  I'm shocked. I can't believe she posted that...and I will take bets Ken will make her take it down. Even for them it's over the top. 

Here is an excerpt about the break-out session on popping out babies:

"Our speakers will teach you the skills to get wifed up, knocked up, and have as many babies as your heart desires with the time and fertility you have left, and how to bounce back to amazing health and wellness without extreme diets or stress. The clock is ticking and your babies are soon to be kicking!"

Get out the popcorn. Even Severeine the white supremacist seems to think this is a  bad idea. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1

Depressed
Loveday
3 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Get out the popcorn. Even Severeine the white supremacist seems to think this is a  bad idea. 

Yeah, when usually extremist Severine posts a warning, you know it's over the top. :pb_lol:  Lori is so gullible.

More gentle pushback from a regular:

I love the concept! Just how is the average woman going to afford the 1k ticket price? For women to be great they also should be frugal. I still think it's best to learn for free from godly women such as yourself or spend minimally with purchases like your books.

I mean, a thousand bucks?? These so-called 'men' will be laughing their asses off all the way to the bank. 

SongRed7
46 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I mean, a thousand bucks?? These so-called 'men' will be laughing their asses off all the way to the bank. 

The corresponding men's seminar held at the same time is going for $2,499! But only $999 for early registration. Or you can upgrade the $2,499 package for an additional $999 to get private access to these world class speakers and other perks. In the FAQ they do mention that price does not include hotel or travel. But you do get a swell dinner one night! 

hahahahahahahahahhaha....If this weren't so pathetic it would be hysterical. I know Lori is dense but I can't believe she was so easily deceived.  Oh wait, she's a womanzzzzz....that must explain it. 

Alisamer
5 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Today’s rerun admonishes us to stay busy. Grow all your own food. See your own sheets. But she was way to sick to do anything. But her hands seem to work quite well.

This comes from the woman who wouldn't even iron her husband's shirts for him, until she suddenly decided to be submissive after the kids were all grown and he asked her to. (I'm still convinced he was ready to divorce and she freaked out and took the "submission" route to guilt him into staying.)

And if she can find suitable fabric (not already made into sheets!) in the right width and quantity for a set of sheets, new, where the average young fundie wife in the US can purchase it, that costs less than I can buy a set of sheets at a store, I'll sew those sheets for them. Ikea has a queen size set of sheets for $16.99 right now, for reference. I don't think I've ever spent more than $30 on a sheet set, and I'm really picky about sheets! 

And why is it always "sew your own sheets and clothes" (despite that actually costing way, way more and taking many more hours than just buying the damn things) and never "spin your own thread" and "weave your own cloth"? How about "grow your own cotton" and "raise and shear your own sheep"?

And as best we can tell, Lori doesn't even sew, or knit, or crochet, or anything at all. She just barely cooks. 

Tired
Sarah92

Don’t make your own clothes... just go to a thrift shop. You’ll save a ton of money and help the environment. Making clothes seems more of a luxury now a days. I don’t sew much at all but I do a lot of artsy things including embroidery (Which is kinda a form of sewing I guess). The supplies can get expensive if you want quality items. 

Another example of why Lori is not a teacher. She has no empathy. She doesn’t say she’s praying for a woman in pain, doesn’t acknowledge her sadness and lift her up. It’s immediate “correction” and dismissal. “Just because you can’t do it all”; how awful that Lori literally throws that in the woman’s face after she expressed concern that she wasn’t doing enough. I bet she’s doing plenty while her husband has “evening and weekends off” as she states in her post. 

EE773BE9-5C23-49E5-88C4-DBE2D43BC2F5.png

saintmom

My soul died at the thought and concept of that convention.  I read through the main page and threw up in my mouth a whole bunch!

saintmom

The Transformed Wife: I mostly travel only to go and see my grandchildren who live in other states!   (sorry, I can't screen capture from her facebook page)

Ermmmmm doesn't she go to Door County for 18 bazillion days a year?

Waffle Time
smittykins
On 1/14/2020 at 2:14 PM, rayneflower said:

Help her see women aren't just baby factories. 

Well, in her eyes, women are baby factories and living sex dolls.

Waffle Time
Hane

@Alisamer, yeah—again with the idiotic “make your own sheets”! Hell, I do the opposite: I use sheets to make curtains, because sheets are much wider than any fabric you can buy in a store, and these curtains are some of of the few things I sew that are cheaper than buying them already made. 
I used to save a fortune making my own clothes—in the ‘70s and ‘80s. Those days are long gone. Sewing skills are not a waste, though—I save by doing my own mending and alterations.

onemama
3 hours ago, Hane said:

I use sheets to make curtains, because sheets are much wider than any fabric you can buy in a store, and these curtains are some of of the few things I sew that are cheaper than buying them already made

I do that too! I want to make some new ones for our living room and I'll use the leftover fabric to make some throw pillows for the sofas.  Duvet covers are amazing! You just have to find the ones that have the same print on both sides. 

Wine time!
klein_roeschen
10 hours ago, Alisamer said:

This comes from the woman who wouldn't even iron her husband's shirts for him, until she suddenly decided to be submissive after the kids were all grown and he asked her to. (I'm still convinced he was ready to divorce and she freaked out and took the "submission" route to guilt him into staying.)

And if she can find suitable fabric (not already made into sheets!) in the right width and quantity for a set of sheets, new, where the average young fundie wife in the US can purchase it, that costs less than I can buy a set of sheets at a store, I'll sew those sheets for them. Ikea has a queen size set of sheets for $16.99 right now, for reference. I don't think I've ever spent more than $30 on a sheet set, and I'm really picky about sheets! 

And why is it always "sew your own sheets and clothes" (despite that actually costing way, way more and taking many more hours than just buying the damn things) and never "spin your own thread" and "weave your own cloth"? How about "grow your own cotton" and "raise and shear your own sheep"?

And as best we can tell, Lori doesn't even sew, or knit, or crochet, or anything at all. She just barely cooks. 

I just did a quick online search for fabrics. The cheapest I found was cotton, 1m x 1,40 m comes 6,95€. If I want to sew a sheet for my queensize bed, I would need to sew to pieces of about 2m x 1,40 m togehter, so that I can tuck it unter the matress, it would cost nearly 28€. The last time I bought a form fitting sheet I paid 7,99€ for it. Some years ago I knitted 2 blankets, on for me and the other as a christmas gift for my bff, for that money what the wool had cost me, I could have bought half a dozent at Ikea.

An offer for all you thrifty ladies on spinning your own wool. My doggie is going to the groomer in 2 weeks, his fur is really soft and silky, you could pass it on as angora or kashmir wool and for the little guy he is, it's plenty of fur. Any interest? I will give you a FJ discount, just type LORICANPRYMYSTOREBOUGHTSHEETSOUTOFMYDEATHCOLDHANDS into your order. Next chance would be end of march or beginning of april.

onemama
1 hour ago, klein_roeschen said:

just type LORICANPRYMYSTOREBOUGHTSHEETSOUTOFMYDEATHCOLDHANDS

into your order

Or copy and paste? :-D 

Sweet Caroline

Lori loves to throw “The Tightwad Gazette” as a way to live on one income. Sure Lori, I am going to use a book from 1992 to give me advice to save money. I am not going to use bread bags for diapers, make a hammock out of plastic soda pop rings, create Christmas ornaments out of soup cans, or even attempt to make my own baby formula. Most of the advice skimps on proper hygiene, but the best is only washing your hair once, not rinse and repeat. Don’t know how I would have thought of that one on my own. None of them are ideas that Lori has or would ever use. I wonder if she gets royalties every time she mentions this outdated book. 

wallysmommy

Beware -- she might decide to promote some of the great hacks to save money from 5 Minute Crafts.

Tired
Sarah92

Is anyone rich enough to buy all the tickets to that convention and then burn them? Any secret millionaires? I’d bring marshmallows. We could have a bonfire. 

hollyfeller
1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

Is anyone rich enough to buy all the tickets to that convention and then burn them? Any secret millionaires? I’d bring marshmallows. We could have a bonfire. 

If only there was a way to do that and guarantee that jerk organizers didn't get to keep any of it...