IGNORED

Lori Alexander 74: Anniversary Pain

I’ve seen a cartoon with The Three Wise Women bringing diapers, formula, and casseroles.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Yeah, I don't know about the word "groping" in a love poem, but sure, Ken, whatever.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 9

We traveled (again) the weekend before Christmas and, while in the car, I started reading the old threads in which Ken paid FJ a visit. Back when it was happening “live” and I read the comments a little at a time, he seemed goofy, angry and dumb. 

Reading them all at once, I got a real frightening vibe from Ken. Now he seems goofy, angry, DANGEROUS and dumb.  I grabbed some screenshots* of some of his most bizarre and startling comments; but wow...he really got himself worked up and became more and more ridiculous as he realized he could not set us in our places.  It is interesting to read Lori’s posts and his comments now with those FJ threads fresh in my mind.  

*I’ll post the screenshots after I get them cropped and pulled out of my general photo album. Unless that is too much if a thread hi-jack. I deliberately held off until after Christmas so as not to ruin everybody’d holidays. Heh. 

Edited by usmcmom
Typo
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 10

Is it just me or does their engagement picture scream " If we can do it so can you."

Edited by cindyluvs24
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Lori has a blog post telling us not to be a contentious wife like she was.  Contentious is a fancy soft-pedal  word for don't be a virago,. Which is a fancy way of saying don't be a raging bitch for 25+ years.

Like Lori was. Beginning on her honeymoon. About spray cheese in a can and crackers.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2019 at 11:12 AM, usmcmom said:

Reading them all at once, I got a real frightening vibe from Ken. Now he seems goofy, angry, DANGEROUS and dumb.  I grabbed some screenshots* of some of his most bizarre and startling comments; but wow...he really got himself worked up and became more and more ridiculous as he realized he could not set us in our places.  It is interesting to read Lori’s posts and his comments now with those FJ threads fresh in my mind.  

*I’ll post the screenshots after I get them cropped and pulled out of my general photo album. Unless that is too much if a thread hi-jack. I deliberately held off until after Christmas so as not to ruin everybody’d holidays. Heh. 

I hope you do post some screenshots, @usmcmom    Especially for the newer FJs who were not here when Ken was posting.  TBH, his wall of words posts were so tedious, I probably missed a slew of them.

I think in some ways, Ken is more dangerous than Lori.  It's easy for most people to roll their eyes and dismiss what she writes.  And her ridiculous "YouTubes" with that fake soft voice and little giggles.  Ugh!

But, Ken will fool ya and make you think he's more mainstream.  Until you realize he's not.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Here is Ken insisting that we misquoted him. Also, he is “responding” to members’ questions about why he will not take a stand against marital rape. He was hell bent on defending Sunshine Mary as a wholesome blogger who just wanted to teach Christian women. He insisted we all misquoted her too.  

FEE1A539-B72B-4DE8-957C-4B8E5B3B876A.jpeg

And here is Ken telling us that submission is not a “critical” part of Christianity. 

EF01895C-2A73-4AE7-8538-87ADBE66BFFB.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Here is Ken insisting that we misquoted him. Also, he is “responding” to members’ questions about why he will not take a stand against marital rape. He was hell bent on defending Sunshine Mary as a wholesome blogger who just wanted to teach Christian women. He insisted we all misquoted her too.  

FEE1A539-B72B-4DE8-957C-4B8E5B3B876A.jpeg

Holy cow, was he talkative, he has higher post count than I

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

In one discussion, a member asked Ken why a stay at home Mom was so vital, but only for the second child and those that came afterward. I saved one of his ridiculous explanations. 
The other screen shot is just to show what an ass he is when he, at the top of the comment,  refers to himself as the only adult in the room. 

4EF43A39-5B37-4701-9662-1E85E53DF113.jpeg

3B014EC0-485F-4533-8D5A-48DF4F4D9711.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

Hi all! I haven't been on here for a while, so forgive me if this is a repeat. There's a lovely conference going on in Orlando in May called: The 22 Convention: Make Women Great Again.

Led by all male speakers, they promise: "EXPERIENCE a miraculous three day (and night) event with iconic speakers gathered from the worldwide manosphere community to dramatically improve your life and femininity." Doesn't it sound like a fantastic event?! What?....No takers?

https://22convention.com/?fbclid=IwAR3KzPZKl3jtCmHQX42IpES7P8RkU8v9ZaWIS7xT7OuvtMh0wx4x0GbOBL4

Anyway, at the very bottom of the link are the speaker bios. Anthony Dream Johnson's bio picture includes a caption of Lori's blog post "Men Prefer Debt Free Women Without Tattoos." Looks like this will be a winner conference!

Screenshot 2019-12-31 at 6.00.10 PM.png

• Angry 1
  • Disgust 11
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 6

3 hours ago, KatBonD said:

Anyway, at the very bottom of the link are the speaker bios. Anthony Dream Johnson's bio picture includes a caption of Lori's blog post "Men Prefer Debt Free Women Without Tattoos." Looks like this will be a winner conference!  

Lovely. Lori will be bragging about that for-frikkin-ever. 

• Upvote 9

Oh, look, they have a Facebook page, too. Can't link to it, but do a search for 'The 22 Convention.' Posts are infuriating, but some of the comments are pure sterling. :pb_lol:

"I wouldn't go near you all with a ten-foot pole, not that you could find one there with all the four inch poles attending." :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16

Lori’s newest grandchild was born on New Year’s Eve, according to her newest post.  I checked Emily’s (public) Facebook page and there are some cute pictures of their new baby boy. 

Interestingly, though Steven is pictured with the baby, the person pictured helping her through labor is her sister (I think).  There is one picture of her sister in the hall with Emily and two of her rubbing Emily’s back.  It is just unusual, in my opinion,  that photos would not include the father “coaching” a mother in labor. It makes it look like he didn’t help his wife through labor; but we don’t see the whole story, I know.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

Ok, I'll hold my hands up to total BEC before I write another word. Mea culpa and all that jazz ?

I've been sick with flu since Christmas Eve and have been pretty much flattened to the bed/sofa for all the time. Which has given me FAR too much time on instagram to flick back through photos I've never bothered to look at before 

And here's my comment: Does Alyssa have any friend that isn't a fricken supermodel? They all have perfect hair, perfect bodies, perfectly accessorised outfits, immaculate and colour-co-ordinated children. They're all slim and joyful and inspirational to the zenith degree. They all have super-handsome husbands who are similarly immaculate and perfect.

Does she literally not know any fat people Or plain people? Or scruffy people? Or does she just not befriend anyone who doesn't hit the appropriate aesthetic? For fuck's sake...

Thanks. I feel better now ?

Edited by IrishCarrie
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Ok, I'll hold my hands up to total BEC before I write another word. Mea culpa and all that jazz ?

I've been sick with flu since Christmas Eve and have been pretty much flattened to the bed/sofa for all the time. Which has given me FAR too much time on instagram to flick back through photos I've never bothered to look at before 

And here's my comment: Does Alyssa have any friend that isn't a fricken supermodel? They all have perfect hair, perfect bodies, perfectly accessorised outfits, immaculate and colour-co-ordinated children. They're all slim and joyful and inspirational to the zenith degree. They all have super-handsome husbands who are similarly immaculate and perfect.

Does she literally not know any fat people Or plain people? Or scruffy people? Or does she just not befriend anyone who doesn't hit the appropriate aesthetic? For fuck's sake...

Thanks. I feel better now ?

Ah, THANK YOU! I have been having the same thoughts. I guess, considering her line of work, she is likely to he surrounded by super fit people who will become her friends. But, no friends from church or her neighborhood that are different from her?? 

We have to remember she was raised by Ken and Lori Alexander. Maybe she really does think an overweight person is an immoral person.  Maybe Alyssa really does consider others “less than” herself if they don’t reach some level of physical perfection. I can see that mindset being pretty strong in Lori’s household.  

While, we’re on the topic, I’m just going to say it...Alyssa really seems to like herself A LOT.  She is nearing forty and posts so many carefully staged “candid” photos of herself. She also posts a lot of videos of herself stretching, doing dance moves - at the beach, while on a walk, the streets of Italy.  She recently dd a tutorial on how she curled her hair - it was very, um, Erin Bates Paine-like. 
Her baby is adorable, though. 

Shwooo. Thanks again. Now I feel better too. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

She's the perfect white, blue-eyed 30 something mom.  She could star in a commercial for stereotypes about California.  Her career is all about looks and outward appearance.  She allows her mean mom to babysit her infant -- 'nuf said about what her inside is like.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

Wacko Lori of course goes off the rails in her otherwise sweet post on the birth of her grandchild. She mentions all men have to do is “have fun” for children to be born. 

because she can’t go one day without reminding us that men NEED daily sex and women must GIVE it to them and it’s not for women’s pleasure or fun (unless she’s ovulating when she might enjoy it slightly more) gag gag gag!! 

Oh and because men are to be hands off when it comes to raising children so their fun only continues after the birth! 

• Upvote 8

Took a 'Lori Break' for the holiday's. 

At least (hopefully) she's spending time with her grandchild and not on the chat room and her Twitter. 

Has anyone tried to join her 'Chat Room'? I have thought about making a throw away facebook and try to join. 

• Upvote 1

@Seahorse Wrangler

Ad last thread:

Fish socks, there you go :P I think I've mentioned it before, there'saa bit of a contest at the hospital about who can find the most crazy prints - though there's a serious side to it - using your crazy socks as a starting point to talk about mental health https://www.crazysocks4docs.com.au/

(very fond of their dresses too :D - squirrel prints! - we might have a dress code at work demanding knee length, but no mention against critter prints :Dhttps://www.princesshighway.com.au/

And happy belated New Year! Did a NYE bridge climb (highly recommend it, it's like standing in the middle of the fireworks :) Whole new perspective :). Guess what was the first thing we saw upon climbing down @Sarah92

An opossum! with a baby possum on it's back! Obviously a sign from Rufus, 2020 will be a great year! :D

IMG_5292-01.jpeg

IMG_20200102_222034-03.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 9

14 hours ago, rayneflower said:

Took a 'Lori Break' for the holiday's. 

At least (hopefully) she's spending time with her grandchild and not on the chat room and her Twitter. 

Has anyone tried to join her 'Chat Room'? I have thought about making a throw away facebook and try to join. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!11!!!!eleventy!!

Surely you jest. :laughing-rolling:  This is Lori we're talking about here. She has her priorities sorted, that one. Nothing keeps her from her social media accounts, not fires, not mother on deathbed, not national crises or dark of night, not husband in hospital fighting for his life, and certainly not the birth of a grandchild. Nothing. No. Thing.

As for the chat room, I started to join it, but the questions asked put me off. I don't recall just what they all were, but I do remember that I'd have had to lie in order to answer some of them, and I didn't want to endanger my immortal soul just to read more of Lori's shit. So I backed out. I get enough of her hate just reading her public media. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I noticed her daughter's year recap on Instagram. She emphasised on lot how becoming a mother meant realising  that you can't be selfish and have to put others first.

Is Alyssa finally returning the favour and not so discreetly shading Lori on public social media like the old shrew does all the time?

Screenshot_20200103_014741.jpg

Edited by squiddysquid
Screenshot added. Not a fan those overedited insta selfies either. Though she still does a lot of ballet, so it figures that she knows a lot of skinny people.
  • Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic