IGNORED

Lori Alexander 74: Anniversary Pain

My dad's family was very poor during the depression.  My grandfather was a coal mine supervisor who was kicked in the head by a horse in the mine.  He developed a brain tumor and basically suffered for 3 years before dying in 1939.  My dad was 9 at the time, and had rickets from the lack of nutrition.  He was #9 or 11 kids.  He told us a story of how his sister two above him was still in school with them, and she was in charge of their lunch.  They didn't have bread, so my grandma used biscuits to make them sandwiches.  My aunt was too proud to let the other kids see the biscuits and threw their lunches into the fire.  The 4 younger kids had to go hungry that day.  Everyone in this school was poor, but the perception of being seen as less than stuck with my aunt forever and she always strove to have the best car, best house, best clothes until she died.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 7

3 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Lori’s Twitter account...things that make you go “Wait. What?”

D808EC1A-334E-45C6-BA2F-717D9C5E396B.jpeg

What the...?  Contraception has been around in one form or another for centuries.  Women have always been sex objects.  Human nature is what it is.  And if she thinks stopping birth control stops sex, she doesn't know much about humans.

I think old Lori has finally gone round the bend.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

12 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Regarding the depression era - have any of you seen Clara's depression era cooking on youtube?  Sadly, she's passed but her vids live on.  

Comfort vids.  Makes me wish I had a gramma.

I’ve loved the videos I’ve watched from her. I found out about her about a year ago I think. YouTube just suggested it one day and I love cooking videos. They’re very soothing. 

I’m sorry but has Lori not heard about sex workers, prostitution, or sex slaves? It’s talked about several times in the Bible. Men have seen women as sex objects from the dawn of time and her beliefs do little to fix that. Her attitude of ten minutes and some lube or just say yes no matter what does little to create mutual passion. When you frame everything as she does she paints a picture of men who can’t control their urges and women who have abortions go and about seducing all the men all the while popping birth control like it’s candy. 

• Upvote 14

Seeing Lori's latest on birth control, all I can think is, who in her immediate family decided to go on BC?  It always seems like she makes idiotic public statements when a daughter or DIL does something counter to what Lori thinks should be done.

• Upvote 11

Lori is really starting to piss me off now with her 'medical' advice. Or should I say, medical ORDERS?

Jennifer:

The Transformed Wife I understand the risks. But I also trust my doctor. Heart medication has risks. Have you ever listened to a medication commercial with all the risks they have to mention super fast? I get it, but right now, my body is actually able to have a period where it wasn’t. I don’t know if I would get pregnant if not on it, because of PCOS. But I’m not going to come off just because.

'Dr' Alexander:

The birth control pill doesn't get to the root problem. The period you are having is a fake one. It simply masks symptoms. Go to a Naturopath and get healthy!

I went on birth control pills when I was 14 to 'mask symptoms,' as Lori puts it. I had extremely heavy periods, and as my mother had gone through the same thing at my age when there were no treatments, she didn't want me to have to deal with that and took me to a doctor who started me on bc. You know what? It worked.  Sorted out my confused and wacked-out hormones very nicely. A year or so later, I went off, and my periods were still much less heavy and far more regular. This was in the early 70s, before there were safer pill options. I was on the pill later, when I got married, and contrary to all Lori preaches, I was able to get pregnant the second I went off them. Twice! (I know that doesn't always happen, but Lori swears it ruins your fertility forever) 

And furthermore, she has some nerve telling people to just 'get healthy.' How does she know Jennifer hasn't already done everything she can to be as healthy as possible? Maybe she even makes slimy cat food salads with extra sauerkraut, buys $14 organic, grass-fed butter, takes 40 minute walks with her husband every day, and never wears nail polish. :my_rolleyes:

All that to say, Lori is not a doctor, but she certainly plays one on the Internet.

• Upvote 16

I think Lori mixes up the word "valued" with "seen as a means to an end." You needed a wife to get more property, get a male heir, and make business deals. You needed kids to farm your land. You needed a sex outlet. Sure, I guess then women were "valued" property, like a nice strong ox.

I'm sure there were many men who had affection for their wives, or knew that their livelihood or lifestyle depended on their wife's resourcefulness and role in the family. That still doesn't equate to inherent value as a human being. 

Sure, women today might have anxiety or be juggling work and home, or get an STD, or whatever it is she is babbling about today. But you know what, I'm sure if you asked someone if they'd rather be sold as a slave, or raped by an invader, or married at 16 to a 45 year old, or be forced into prostitution, or do backbreaking physical labor while pregnant and then die in childbirth, or be sent to an asylum for having a brain, or be beat by a drunk and live in poverty, or any other number of historically accurate accounts of what happened to women, they would GLADLY take the freedom, rights, and the life they have now.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

'Dr' Alexander:  The birth control pill doesn't get to the root problem. The period you are having is a fake one. It simply masks symptoms. Go to a Naturopath and get healthy!

Yeah, let's get healthy like Lori.  We all need brain tumors, parasites, gut problems, etc.  We all want to look a decade or two older than we really are.  Let's just go follow Lori's commands, and end up with (probable) dementia, just like Lori. 

If Lori wants her commands to be followed, she might want to demonstrate success by example. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic