IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

14 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

The East Idaho News site has a synopsis of the Chandler AZ police investigation into Charles Vallow's murder.  At the end, there is a link to those police documents.  If I am Zulema (Alex Cox's widow) or Melanie Beaudreaux, I'd lawyer up.  And if I was Melanie's B's current husband, I'd be getting the hell out of that marriage. 

The general opinion held by Lori Hellis and reddit around Zulema is that she has worked out some sort of deal with Wood. That's why she was speaking to him when he first stated he intended to charge both Lori and Chad with murder. I dunno if that applies to Arizona though.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

The general opinion held by Lori Hellis and reddit around Zulema is that she has worked out some sort of deal with Wood. That's why she was speaking to him when he first stated he intended to charge both Lori and Chad with murder. I dunno if that applies to Arizona though.

Interesting.  I guess with Alex dead, prosecutors had to find the next possible person who could provide evidence to implicate Lori and/or Chad in the death of Charles Vallow.  Immunity from all prosecution?  I guess we'll see whenever these cases proceed to trial.

• Upvote 2

This article on EastIdahoNews details the evidence that Charles Vallow's death was planned and that Alex Cox fired one shot into Charles while Charles was standing and a second shot while Charles was on the floor.  In addition to lying about shooting Charles while he was standing, the timeline shows that Charles was on the floor dead or dying for approximately 40 minutes before Alex made a call to 911, and Alex Cox also lied about performing CPR.  I'd guess that Alex Cox waited until Charles was dead before calling 911. 

I have to believe the Chandler police were incompetent to look at that scene, believe Alex's BS story about self defense, not notice that Lori was chatty and not the least bit concerned and even cheerful about her freshly deceased husband and not think to investigate it as a murder. 

Lots more details here: Documents giving more insights into Daybells’ bizarre beliefs and death of Charles Vallow

From the EIN article: 

Spoiler

Investigators say Lori believed she was an exalted goddess directed to lead the 144,000 with Chad to prepare for the end of the world. Both Chad and Lori believe they had “extraordinary abilities,” including teleportation, causing harm to others, calling up natural disasters, praying away demonic spirits and having visions.

Chad isn't believed to have had any part in the planning of Charles' death or at least there's no evidence that he did. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

On 5/27/2021 at 5:35 PM, EmmieJ said:

But I think the prosecution and other authorities have been quietly working away on this case, getting cell phone records from all the various burner phones, etc. and I think there may be quite a bit of damming texts between all the parties involved

Yes, right on target.  My impression is that recovered texts were pivotal in charging Lori in Charles' death. 

I hope the details come out in Alex Cox's role in all of this.  Besides murdering Tylee and JJ, I'm convinced he was involved in the attempted hits on Boudreaux (Lori's niece's now ex husband) and Tammy, who was approached in front of her house by a man she thought had a paint ball rifle, but was probably Alex with an assault rifle. Important to remember that Chad was home at the time this weird incident took place in front of Chad and Tammy's house. 

I'm also convinced that Alex murdered Joe Ryan (Lori's 4th husband) but that can never be proven. Ryan was found dead in his apartment in AZ in what is referred to as an advanced stage of decomp, death was determined to be from natural causes and he was quickly cremated. 

The reason I think this is two fold.  First, Alex had a history with Joe Ryan and went to jail for assaulting him.  Second,  (IIRC) Joe had an insurance policy for Tylee that was disbursed to Lori.  Can't remember the exact details, but Lori received the money since Tylee was a minor. 

• Upvote 8

On 6/9/2021 at 9:21 PM, EmmieJ said:

Yet here she sits, in jail, facing a possible life sentence.  Perhaps she also sees her youth and attractiveness fading, which would no doubt be difficult for a person who always used both to get what she wanted.  

I pointed this out upthread I think.  She's right at the age for menopause and she won't be getting any help with that. No hormone therapy for the heat flashes, no cool sheets, no facials, no personal trainer, no kale smoothies, no way to cover the gray, nada. 

Her fellow inmates are now caught up on her charges.  The bodies of Tylee and JJ have been found, she's being charged with their  deaths and implicated in the murder of a previous husband. She's no longer a mother with missing children who says they are safe, she's a psychopathic killer.

Those things can get a girl down, ya know?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

MCAO: No charge of conspiracy to commit murder for Chad Daybell | Lori Vallow Case | azfamily.com

Maricopa County is not going to charge Chad in Charles Vallow's death

• Thank You 7

• 2 weeks later...

New details contained in thousands of Daybell case documents just released by police - East Idaho News

This popped up today. Haven't read thru it all, but thought I'd post it in case there is something new in the report and/or documents. 

Last photos of 'cult' mom Lori Vallow's children Tylee, 1, and JJ, 7, are released in new documents | Daily Mail Online

Another article. Still looking for the documents.

Can't find the actual documents so far. If anyone else does, can you please post the link to them? Thanks. 

Edited by Chickenbutt
Added another article
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

This is what stood out to me from the East Idaho News highlights of released documents: "Lori booked a flight from Idaho Falls to Arizona on Oct. 8, 2019, the day before investigators say Tammy reported being shot at outside her Salem home. Investigators presume Cox was the masked gunman Tammy wrote about in a Facebook post regarding the encounter."

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Chad

This was on the "front page" of CNN today.  

Will this leverage Chad into taking a plea deal of life w/out parole in exchange for taking death off the table?  If that happens, will he have to confess how he killed Tammy?

From East Idaho News, these are 2 of the reasons this is a  death penalty case: 

1. The alleged murders were “committed for remuneration” (financial gain).

2. The alleged murders were “especially heinous, atrocious, cruel, or manifesting exceptional depravity.”

Were Tammy Daybell's autopsy reports ever released?  From East Idaho News: The autopsy report, along with other evidence, led prosecutors to seek the murder and conspiracy charges.

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, Howl said:

This was on the "front page" of CNN today.  

Will this leverage Chad into taking a plea deal of life w/out parole in exchange for taking death off the table?  If that happens, will he have to confess how he killed Tammy?

From East Idaho News, these are 2 of the reasons this is a  death penalty case: 

1. The alleged murders were “committed for remuneration” (financial gain).

2. The alleged murders were “especially heinous, atrocious, cruel, or manifesting exceptional depravity.”

Were Tammy Daybell's autopsy reports ever released?  From East Idaho News: The autopsy report, along with other evidence, led prosecutors to seek the murder and conspiracy charges.

Tammy's autopsy nor the children's have been released yet to my knowledge. Honestly I could see the fact that 2 of the victims were children being enough to warrant that description, plus what we know they did to try to conceal Tylee's remains.

@Chickenbutt, I dunno if you're still looking but reddit has a collection of the documents.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

East Idaho News reported Friday that a new attorney has been appointed as co-counsel for Lori.  "District Judge Steven Boyce appointed Jim Archibald to the case. Archibald is a seasoned public defender and happens to be one of the few death-penalty certified attorneys in eastern Idaho."

There has been no indication yet that Fremont County will week the death penalty for Lori, but a death-penalty qualified attorney isn't exactly a comforting thought.  Public defender = Lori is broke. 

Details at East Idaho News: New attorney appointed as co-counsel for Lori Vallow Daybell

• Thank You 7

• 3 weeks later...

Chad Daybell’s children defend their father, say he was ‘framed’

Garth Daybell, Emma Murray, Seth Daybell, Leah Murphy and Mark Daybell spoke with ’48 Hours’ in their first interview since their dad’s case made national news. It will air Wednesday as part of an episode called ‘The Secrets of Chad Daybell’s Backyard.’ ... 

The kids do not believe their father had anything to do with the deaths of JJ and Tylee. 

“How is it possible two children are found buried in your father’s backyard and he had nothing to do with it?” the reporter asks [Emma] Murray. She replies, “He was framed.”

Don't know how they feel about their dad jetting off to Hawaii for a romantic beach wedding two weeks after murdering their mother. 

If Chad doesn't do a plea deal and he does go to trial, I'd imagine the Daybell children in attendance will have a LOT to process as evidence is revealed. 

• Upvote 3

I find it hard to fault the Daybell children for not wanting to believe their father could murder their mother and two children.

• I Agree 1

I can understand them believing their father isn't a murderer, but how do they reconcile their father marrying Lori less than two weeks after their mother's death?  And Lori looking at wedding rings online before Tammy had died?

That, that's just a hard one to spin.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

Another article:

Chad Daybell's family says shallow graves were not dug by their dad (msn.com)

Daybell's five children allowed "48 Hours" first-time access to their father's land. They believe the shallow burials of the remains found on the property prove that Daybell, a former gravedigger, is innocent of murdering JJ and Tylee. Their exclusive interview will be featured on "The Secrets of Chad Daybell's Backyard," an all-new "48 Hours" airing Wednesday, September 1 at 10/9c on CBS and streaming on Paramount+.

From the article @Howl posted:

Lori Vallow Daybell also faces multiple charges including first degree murder, but her case remains on hold until she is found competent for trial. A status conference for her is scheduled for Monday at 3 p.m. EastIdahoNews.com will livestream the hearing.

A third article:

Chad Daybell’s Children Insist He’s Too Smart to Have Buried Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow ‘in His Own Backyard’ (msn.com)

Edited by Chickenbutt
  • Thank You 2

17 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

They believe the shallow burials of the remains found on the property prove that Daybell, a former gravedigger, is innocent of murdering JJ and Tylee.

I don't think this is the compelling take that they think it is. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

53 minutes ago, Howl said:

I don't think this is the compelling take that they think it is. 

And, the "he's too smart to have buried them there" is not much of a winner. I look at him and think "the lights are on but nobody's home." Jury members may think that as well. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

And, the "he's too smart to have buried them there" is not much of a winner. I look at him and think "the lights are on but nobody's home." Jury members may think that as well. 

Chad strikes me as a guy who's convinced *he's* the smartest guy in the room, if not the entire universe. IOW, whatever Chad does is a brilliant move until, it turns out, it was actually really stupid.

ETA: were the shallow burials carried out by Lori's brother? He really seems to have had consistent difficulties in being a competent henchman, whether it was ambushing family members or lying to LE. 

It doesn't surprise me that the Daybell kids can't (or maybe won't) see anything nefarious or wrong in their father's various actions. OTOH, I am surprised that his sudden marriage to Lori two weeks after their mother's death doesn't seem to have taken them aback. Were they part of the cult? I don't remember seeing much about them in general but may have missed it.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 4

On 8/30/2021 at 9:26 AM, Howl said:

Chad Daybell’s children defend their father, say he was ‘framed’

The kids do not believe their father had anything to do with the deaths of JJ and Tylee. 

Don't know how they feel about their dad jetting off to Hawaii for a romantic beach wedding two weeks after murdering their mother. 

If Chad doesn't do a plea deal and he does go to trial, I'd imagine the Daybell children in attendance will have a LOT to process as evidence is revealed. 

Reminds me of Todd Kendhammer, and how his children and even his MIL supported him, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Daybell children say their mother died from asphyxiation, insist their father is innocent

Authorities have not released [Tammy's] cause of death but multiple sources close to the investigation tell EastIdahoNews.com she died from asphyxiation.

also

Mark Daybell added, “Asphyxiation doesn’t necessarily mean smothered. According to my understanding, it just means the breath was interrupted. And in the end, she wasn’t able to breathe.”

The children say Tammy had been in failing health. 

Early on multiple sources reported that Tammy Daybell had been in excellent health and training to run in some type of event before her death.   Her parents would probably be the best source, since Tammy was visiting them at Chad's insistence at the time the murders and burial of Tylee & JJ took place. 

*Just realized that the 48 Hours interview with the 5 Daybell kids was on DVR, so watching now.*

This is depressing.  The kids believe that Chad and Lori had an emotional (not intimate) affair until Tammy's death, and Chad hadn't been unfaithful (in the eyes of the Mormon church?)  to Tammy, since he waited two weeks to get married to Lori.  The interviewer didn't mention that Lori had been looking at wedding rings online BEFORE Tammy died. 

The kids also mentioned that their mother was out of breath very easily and was having other problems before she died. 

They believe that Chad had NO role in the deaths of Tammy, JJ or Tylee and that he was 100% framed or pulled into the crazy by Lori and Alex.  They just can't believe there was any possibility that Chad was involved in these deaths. 

Lori's status: Lori Daybell still incompetent for trial; court hearing set for September

One final note: on the day Alex murdered Charles Vallow, if the police had done even perfunctory, rudimentary investigation, they would have discovered a murder and not self defense & Tammy, JJ and Tylee would still be alive. 

When EMTs arrived and started CPR, blood poured out of Charles' chest, meaning Alex never performed CPR, as he claimed he was doing to the 911 operator.  Alex was sitting out side -- no blood on his clothes. 

He claimed Charles had gotten "physical" with Lori, but the police never asked Lori to show them bruises or abrasions or any evidence she'd been physically assaulted. 

Alex waited 45 minutes to call police after he shot Charles.  Wouldn't that have been apparent to the EMTs as well?

Charles was shot by Alex twice -- once when Charles was standing and a 2nd time when he was on the floor.  Wouldn't that have been noticed early on in the investigation, if they'd done one?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, Howl said:

They believe that Chad had NO role in the deaths of Tammy, JJ or Tylee and that he was 100% framed or pulled into the crazy by Lori and Alex.  They just can't believe there was any possibility that Chad was involved in these deaths. 

I can understand where they're coming from, emotionally speaking. It would be an utterly horrific thing to take in, that your father murdered your mother and two children. At this point I think they're just clinging to the stress of what their normal family was, and hoping to make it true by believing in it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic