IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 16: Just Another Young Fundie Couple

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, Silas said:

2. Others might love how supportive Josiah was (as they have every right) but I, personally, would've had a cow. His face was within one foot of hers the entire time. I would've lost my shit.

I yelled twice during birth and one of them was at my husband to, “GET OUT OF MY FACE YOU’RE BREATHING ON ME!” Haha. 

I watched the special, holy crap! I have only my own experience with birth and my baby’s eyes were not that wide open for quite some time! Labor looked rough. Agreed they focused on pushing for an awkwardly long time. Got some close ups of Michelle’s crunchy curls like the good ol days. 

Edited by physicalscience
Typos
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Oh Awesome, I know what I'm doing after my final today! 

I always used to binge watch stuff after exams too when I finally had the time :D (I was always too exhausted to go get drunk on the same day - that came later...) Post finals exhaustion TV sleeping is the best!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Totally BEC, but: Lauren is wearing pointy gold stilettos in her one month with Bella pic on Instagram. Way to overdress for standing in your baby’s nursery! ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

So Jilly Muffin was present at Lauren's home and at the hospital? These people truly are idiots if they still consider Jill as a legit expert on all things labor after her very questionable decisions conserning her own childbirths:5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

Man, I really felt for Lauren. My son came out face up and the back labor was so absolutely awful and we had some major issues with the epidural. I'm due in 8 weeks and so not looking forward to the labor part again lol. She seemed to handle it all well though and was a lot quieter than I was ?

All the best for you, hope things will be a lot smoother for you and the baby this time! :my_heart:

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Ugh, back labour. Having had mainly back labour myself, it's horrible. At least in my case it was fairly quick: 10hrs from start to finish, with things only getting really bad the last 2 hours.

I'm also happy nobody was filming me for an international audience when giving birth as I had never felt as vulnerable as I did when labour got really rough. Nothing to do with modesty, I just like my privacy when I'm not feeling well.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Did they actually show Jill in Jessa's birth video? Is it possible she and Derrick won't sign the releases? Obviously they got kicked out as cast members regardless of their desire on it, but they have also said they decided not to appear. Anna still gets shown even though she's not a cast member.

As much as I don't think Jill is qualified to deliver a baby, she has been at a ton of births and I can see why her sisters and sisters-in-law might find appreciate her presence. Especially if it is in a hospital setting like Lauren and Jill is just giving emotional support, not advice.

• Upvote 3

Some women like to be touched in labor, and some don't. I myself wanted a 3 foot bubble around me that no one could enter. So in the throes of my last birth, my husband kept trying to pat my shoulder. That pat was making my pain 8 zillion times worse and I kept saying "Don't touch me." After about the 10th pat I slapped him. Right across the face. It wasn't intentional. Much. ?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 37
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Michelle has had moments of appearing involved with other births. They seem to enjoy having her there. It's her "thing."

I'm thinking of Spurgeon's birth and Jessa needing to go to the hospital.

Are all these young women that close to Michelle and Jill? For the daughters/sister maybe I can understand, but for the daughters-in-law? I hope having them there is what they really wanted and they didn't feel like they have to have them there for the show/to keep sweet. I just find it odd that they would all be so close, and not even one of them prefers having just her husband/mother/sisters there rather than the in-laws.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On 12/8/2019 at 4:21 PM, meee said:

Well if they did, it wasn't part of the alphabet theme. Their kids are Abby, Bethany, Christina, Deborah, Andrew, Benjamin... not, I don't know, Abby, (miscarriage named Bethany) Christina, Deborah, (miscarriage named Andrew), Benjamin, Caleb, and Elizabeth, or whatever. (I don't remember exactly where in the birth order their miscarriages were. My point is that they have an obvious alphabet theme with their living children, whereas Josiah and Lauren are quite obviously counting every conception.)

Also @meee

They did name the miscarried baby, Susannah. They do an annual post about her:

https://blog.titus2.com/tag/susannah/

They also do the names by alphabet based on the boys/girls. With Andrew it was kind of clever, the next letter was D and they call him Drew but Andrew as first boy. And that's the last time I'll ever compliment the Maxwells.

• Downvote 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Also @meee

They also do the names by alphabet based on the boys/girls. With Andrew it was kind of clever, the next letter was D and they call him Drew but Andrew as first boy. And that's the last time I'll ever compliment the Maxwells.

Susannah was not a miscarriage or even a stillbirth, she was a live birth.  She only lived for a short while before passing.  She was born on the 21at and lived until the 24th.  IIt was a tremendous tragedy.  Absolutely not comparable.   I don't know if they also had a miscarriage that is confusing people, but Susannah was their first born. 

• Upvote 28
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Also @meee

Reiterating that Susannah was not just some random miscarriage they named. There’s a big difference between a miscarriage and a baby delivered with the expectation of living!!

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

1 minute ago, Charliemae said:

Susannah was not a miscarriage or even a stillbirth, she was a live birth.  She only lived for a short while before passing.  She was born on the 21at and lived until the 24th.  IIt was a tremendous tragedy.  Absolutely not comparable.   I don't know if they also had a miscarriage that is confusing people, but Susannah was their first born. 

Yes, I know. Melanie also had two (at least I think two) early miscarriages, though as I said I don't remember exactly when. 

And if I'm not mistaken, they didn't decide on an alphabet theme until after Bethany, anyway. But again, they didn't include miscarriages in that theme like Josiah and Lauren are doing.

• Upvote 2

Lauren said she lost her first pregnancy at 4 -5 weeks. If they didn’t do pregnancy tests 12 minutes after sex would the average woman realize what happened? Wouldn’t it be a case of cramping and a heavier than normal period?  Hope this hasn’t happened to any of you but does anyone know?  Maybe one of our FJ Nurse or Doctor people know.

Lauren is celiac and could/will have pregnancy problems her whole life.  Being in a pregnancy cult is going to hard  on her mental/emotional health.  Hope she can find a good therapist.

just for the record, I used to kind of like Si, but now I think he’s a big asshat.  Just a insensitive fool acting the fool.  Hope I’m wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

I don't know if they have outright said that she has celiac.  I believe that they have only said that she doesn't eat gluten. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Lauren said she lost her first pregnancy at 4 -5 weeks. If they didn’t do pregnancy tests 12 minutes after sex would the average woman realize what happened? Wouldn’t it be a case of cramping and a heavier than normal period?  Hope this hasn’t happened to any of you but does anyone know? 

I’ve never been pregnant but I’m in tune with my body enough to know when something’s different or when I’m about to bleed or when I’m ovulating. It doesn’t surprise me to hear people find out so early. As I near 40 my period’s not as consistent as it used to be but in years prior my period was like clockwork. If I had been TTC I would’ve been one to take a pregnancy test as soon as I missed my period. 

Edited by Giraffe
Clarify
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Lauren said she lost her first pregnancy at 4 -5 weeks. If they didn’t do pregnancy tests 12 minutes after sex would the average woman realize what happened? Wouldn’t it be a case of cramping and a heavier than normal period?  Hope this hasn’t happened to any of you but does anyone know?  Maybe one of our FJ Nurse or Doctor people know.

Lauren is celiac and could/will have pregnancy problems her whole life.  Being in a pregnancy cult is going to hard  on her mental/emotional health.  Hope she can find a good therapist.

just for the record, I used to kind of like Si, but now I think he’s a big asshat.  Just a insensitive fool acting the fool.  Hope I’m wrong.

I knew I was pregnant with 3/4 of my pregnancies 4 days before I even missed my period and would have caught the other one at the same time had I used a better test. I always spot before my period except when I'm pregnant so that is a big sign for me, but I also get the early pregnancy cramping that is very distinct and different from my menstrual cramps starting around 3 weeks. A couple episodes of vertigo combined with the cramping cued me in to my current pregnancy- taking the test was really just a formality because I could tell just by my body. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I'm always very regular and would absolutely notice if I was a week late. It just depends on the person. Also I knew I was pregnant with my first before a test could have worked

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I have no experience with this myself, but I suspect it depends entirely on the situation, their cycle, etc. Some women might know very quickly, some end up on the news because they didn't realize they were pregnant until they went into labor. These two, however, are presumably not using birth control, and may have been actively TTC (seeing as how their fame is based on baby making), so I could see how she would have realized early-ish. I don't know if there really is an "average woman" to compare to. Someone using birth control probably wouldn't think to check for pregnancy, someone with an irregular period might not have any way to judge if they're late or not, etc.

• Upvote 3

I have had three pregnancies, and I never tested positive before 6 weeks. Admittedly, it was 13-17 years ago, but the technology hasn't improved that much. My second, it was more like 8-9 weeks before I got a positive, and I took multiple tests during that time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 2

42 minutes ago, JMO said:

I don't know if they have outright said that she has celiac.  I believe that they have only said that she doesn't eat gluten. 

She did say she was celiac during the grooms cake episode for John. Also when ordering her wedding cake.  I’m celiac so when I heard this my ears pricked right up.  Abbey is wheat sensitive I think.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Some women like to be touched in labor, and some don't. I myself wanted a 3 foot bubble around me that no one could enter. So in the throes of my last birth, my husband kept trying to pat my shoulder. That pat was making my pain 8 zillion times worse and I kept saying "Don't touch me." After about the 10th pat I slapped him. Right across the face. It wasn't intentional. Much. ?

Did he stop?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

It definitely depends on your body. Even when I'm late I still feel crampy. Heck with my two pregnancies, I still felt like my period was on it's way. My husband and I actively tried for both pregnancies so I tested the day before my missed period but like I said, my body felt the same. 

As for the delivery special, Josiah would've driven me crazy with how close to her face he was. I also didnt like how so many people were telling her what to do while she was pushing. One person would say "rest and breathe" and at the same time Josiah would say "hold your legs and push hard!". 

And it seems like Lauren's mom was busy taking pictures while Michelle and Jill acted as birthing coaches?

• I Agree 1

I'm watching the groom's cake episode now because I'm 99% sure Lauren's never said she has celiac disease, just that she's sensitive to gluten. I'll report back...

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic