IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 11

Coconut Flan

On 12/1/2019 at 2:02 AM, hoipolloi said:

IANAL, but it would be quite possible to ensure that the designated beneficiaries of Sproul Sr's will, even his minor grandchildren, could receive any bequests unimpeded. It might be that such bequests would have to be administered solely through an executor or trustee of Sproul Sr.'s estate. Or, the children may have to wait until they're 18 or 21 or 25 or whatever age is stipulated to receive the bequests; then neither Spanky nor The First Lady would have any say.

I do know the non-minor children are basically on not speaking terms with the Spankster and his new Ms Spanked (given her choice of dress and previous marriagES it seems she is completely opposite what we were all told we should pursue?!). I find it interesting her social posts about how RC JR was never happy or satisfied before SHE came into his life — a real slap in the face to the memory of his children’s mother RIP!!!!! 

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Nothing says "I'm in a happy and secure relationship" better than throwing shade at a woman who died of cancer 8 years ago. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Well, Faith has discovered the Doors. Maybe we will get Operation Meatball: Vietnam Era after all... :pb_lol: 

673402578_FaithScreen.jpg.8b2ae4b7f76f744c3b29614f9970354e.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

If she was *really* smart, she'd discover Tom Lehrer and go after the WWIII vets while she still can. ?

Edited by Maxwell
Changed link to a better rendition.
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

I worked on a project about 25 years ago where the younger workers had just (re)discovered The Grateful Dead. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Beall's been busy writing letters, per her public Instagram:

I wrote three life defining letters this year. That all three came to be written this year was just providence.
One brought resolution to a 30 year old situation. One extended an olive branch. One drew a hard and fast line. The first brought peace, the second opened a door, the third cauterized a wound.
There’s a unique vulnerability writing a letter. I’ve been bitten enough times to make me more cautious for sure. But there is also a unique power in the written word.

Nothing specific, which leaves everyone to wonder - as per usual.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

Beall milks these vague social media posts worse than most moody, hormonal teenagers do.

52 is the new 14, apparently.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21
  • Love 2

"One brought resolution to a 30 year old situation" -- She reconciled with her parents?

"One drew a hard and fast line." -- She's finally kicked Doug's tomcatting ass to the curb?

No idea on what the olive branch is all about since nothing Be-All has ever said or written leads me to believe she's a forgiving person.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

On 12/14/2019 at 5:09 AM, hoipolloi said:

No idea on what the olive branch is all about since nothing Be-All has ever said or written leads me to believe she's a forgiving person.

Ok, I'll hop on the ISB, "All Aboard!!"

My first thought, and one that would be in keeping with the other 2 (speculated) letters was a letter to Lourdes... 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Maxwell said:

Ok, I'll hop on the ISB, "All Aboard!!"

My first thought, and one that would be in keeping with the other 2 (speculated) letters was a letter to Lourdes... 

That was my first thought, too!  It's hard to tell with all her 'happily married' insincere comments. I want to believe that's possible, but even if it was, her idea of an olive branch might not be the same as everyone else's....you know, just enough to say she 'tried'. 

• Upvote 4

It's like she's writing blind gossip articles about herself :P

Back on topic... Dilwyn Phlanders is a Tool.

Edited by CyborgKin
because Dilwyn Phlanders
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Telling Lourdes to extend the olive branch to HER, Be-All.

Nope, don't think Be-All is "forgiving" Lourdes any time soon.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 11/29/2019 at 7:33 PM, hoipolloi said:

This is not surprising. Ligonier Ministries owns some very, very nice FL real estate and its last available (2017) IRS 990 indicates that the "ministry" brought in over $22 million that year.

The now-abandoned blog Ministry Watchman had a number of entries alleging various financial shenanigans by RC Sproul, Sr., and his staff. Cannot speak to the accuracy of all the matters discussed there, but a look at their 2017 IRS 990 shows that Ligonier is fairly profitable for a family business.

Ligonier's 2018 tax returns are out and they show a $1million increase in donations over the previous year. No doubt a good deal of that was because of the passing of RC Sr and sympathy donations for the family's benefit (because they really need it, dontcha know). And not to be missed is the more than $3million increase in total revenue to Ligonier over the previous year, most of which is due to almost $7million in investment income.

Edited by Banyan
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

On 11/19/2019 at 11:57 AM, hoipolloi said:

Conversely, it seems likely that Spanky may have been cut out of any significant inheritance from his father. I could see this being a major source of rage for Spanky & Lisa. 

I thought the same thing. But Spinderella Sproul is exposing that Spanky received over $100,000 in 2018 in independent contractor payments and royalties. No one knows how much is from what because the two are merged on the tax return. That's bad juju for tax reporting purposes, probably intended to conceal wrongdoing. If the royalties are just from Spanky's own books sales then those would be minuscule and most of the hundred-grand would be independent contractor payments. That then raises questions about what work does Spanky do for Ligonier? And why did Ligonier retain him as an independent contractor after they fired him over his drunk driving scandal? But if most of it is from royalties then that means they're royalties that were due his father that he inherited some of the rights to. If that's the case then he might be living comfortably off his father's royalties for years to come.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

37 minutes ago, Banyan said:

I thought the same thing. But Spinderella Sproul is exposing that Spanky received over $100,000 in 2018 in independent contractor payments and royalties. No one knows how much is from what because the two are merged on the tax return. That's bad juju for tax reporting purposes, probably intended to conceal wrongdoing.

Non-profits -- even bona fide 501(c)(3) organizations -- can cover a multitude of sins, and that seems to be the case for Ligonier Scams Ministries.

While any person could raise questions to the IRS about Ligonier's non-profit status given its finances & activities, as revealed on their IRS 990, a donor or a group of donors doing so would probably have more impact. Whether or not anyone will is another question.

• Upvote 5

On 12/14/2019 at 4:09 AM, hoipolloi said:

"One brought resolution to a 30 year old situation" -- She reconciled with her parents?

"One drew a hard and fast line." -- She's finally kicked Doug's tomcatting ass to the curb?

Those were my guesses too.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Really hoping that she will reconcile with her parents after all of these years. 

If she were to ever reconcile with them, it would be now. I don’t know the particulars of the rift. However I do know that Beall’s life and living situation have taken a huge turn. She is likely struggling with money and struggling in her marriage. Those are often catalysts for change in a long time estrangement. That and serious illness. But I hope there’s no serious illness.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12

From Faith's IG stories:

Screen.jpg.e94ffba911d28f5a08083e4197681a1f.jpg

It's certainly spanned more lifetimes than your dad's cult, so that's one thing to be thankful for this holiday season.

Edited by AnnaSofia
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 3

But I thought Douglas did nothing as a child except study Latin, practice fencing, and help his father dismantle the US Office for Economic Opportunity-- as a bright, wholesome boy will do. 

Next you'll be telling me he engaged in "hot jazz" and "jive talk"! Well, I for one just don't believe it! 

• Haha 16
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Next you'll be telling me he engaged in "hot jazz" and "jive talk"!

Doug's standards haven't changed, because Doug thinks that whatever Doug does is the right thing. It's as if he lives in a . . . a sort of Doug-snowglobe, or a . . . bubble. That's it! A bubble.

Professor Harold Hill, if we help him, will tell us all about it. After all, he is an expert on con men and grifters! Everybody sing:

[FJ]
Bubble, bubble, bubble, bubble, bubble...

[HAROLD]
Listen, Freejinger members!
He thinks all that he does is just great!
Look at the tell-tale signs of delusion!
The moment that Doug left the church
Did he say “Fuck all,” that little cocker, to his beliefs?
Is there a dab of cocaine in his upper nostril?
A cute brunette hidden in his boudoir?
Is he starting to memorize lines from Oscar Wilde’s old poems?
Are certain words creeping into his conversation?
Words like, like "jive."

[FJ]
Bubble, bubble, bubble!

[HAROLD]
Aha! And "Let’s go to Cannes!"

[FJ]
Bubble, bubble, bubble!

[HAROLD]
Well, that’s ’cause Dougie lives
In a bubble

[FJ]
Oh, in a bubble

[HAROLD]
Where he gets to act shitty!

[FJ]

[HAROLD]
With a capital "B"
And that rhymes with "T"
And that stands for tool!

[FJ]
That stands for tool!

[HAROLD]
He’s safe in his bubble!

[FJ]
He’s safe in his bubble!

[HAROLD]

[FJ]
Like shit!

[HAROLD]

At this point, why not send the younger kids off to school?
He’s in a bubble
It’s a deceitful, mendacious bubble
That man with the big brass lying balls is the devil’s tool!

[FJ]
Devil's tool!

[HAROLD]
Oh he’s in a bubble, bubble, bubble!

[FJ]
Oh he’s in a bubble there! In a big, big bubble!

[HAROLD]
With a "B"!

[FJ]
With a capital "B"!

[HAROLD]
Gotta rhyme it with "T"!

[FJ]
Gotta rhyme with "T"!

[HAROLD]
And that stands for tool!

[FJ]
That stands for tool!

[HAROLD]
Remember my friends, listen to me, because I pass this way but once!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 9

@thoughtful As a passionate devotee of musical theatre, I love it, love it, love it! I bow in reverence to your skill, my friend. Doug the Tool as Professor Harold Hill, the ultimate flimflam man. Perfect!

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, MathQueen said:

Doug the Tool as Professor Harold Hill, the ultimate flimflam man.

Great honk! Harold Hill is not nearly as bad as Doug - not on your tintype! He was just warning us about Doug. Ye gods! ?

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, MathQueen said:

@thoughtful As a passionate devotee of musical theatre, I love it, love it, love it! I bow in reverence to your skill, my friend. Doug the Tool as Professor Harold Hill, the ultimate flimflam man. Perfect!

Why are you insulting Professor Harold Hill? What did he ever do to you?!

• Haha 4
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic