IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 11

Coconut Flan

Thanks a LOT, @Maxwell, now I'll have to go to YouTube and watch some Hee Haw videos to get that dang song out of my head...?

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2019 at 4:00 PM, Jasmar said:

I know this is a little silly, but I know how Beall pronounces her name, but I stubbornly cling to Beel when I read about her. I was recently visiting one of the universities my son is interested in, and they has a Beall Hall in the music department. They pronounce it Bell, as well. Not that that changes anything in my mind ?

Dang, I assumed it was "be all" as in "the be-all and end-all" this whole time!

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, smittykins said:

Thanks a LOT, @Maxwell, now I'll have to go to YouTube and watch some Hee Haw videos to get that dang song out of my head...?

Glad to be of service.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Maxwell said:

cinemaofwonder.com has fine from private to "Website Expired".  This isn't the 1st time this has happened.  Either DPIART is irresponsible or broke (I'm betting on both).

Also indicates that his grand plan to be a talent manager/filmmaker seems to have died a sad death.  Hasn't it been a year since the supposed grand launch of the talent agency? I'd say your bet on Doug being broke is correct. 

To make it in any endeavor these days, a big, slick social media campaign with numerous followers is a necessity, and it lives or dies on being able to convince backers to give you money.  It's crickets from Doug and a social media blackout from his wife and kids -- anyone think this type of going dark may be indicative of hiding from creditors?

Doug had an amazing opportunity to do a stunning full-length documentary when he was in Europe hanging with the retro dance scene -- amazing athletic dancers, history, Europe, WWII, subculture, dance contests -- but he didn't capitalize.  I frankly found the whole scene fascinating.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Doug had an amazing opportunity to do a stunning full-length documentary when he was in Europe hanging with the retro dance scene -- amazing athletic dancers, history, Europe, WWII, subculture, dance contests -- but he didn't capitalize.  I frankly found the whole scene fascinating.  

I agree. The retro scene folks are extremely talented, and their events are well-staged with great attendance. It all seems tailor-made for documentary making. 

Doug may be broke but hiding in the shadows from creditors (or process servers) is no way to further his film-making career.

• Upvote 5

Doug was always the “ideas guy”, though — he doesn’t have the skills or the follow-through to plan and shoot a full-length documentary (without hiring a bunch of experts and minders). When VF was booming he had more than sufficient funding for well-managed projects, but his interest was always in fame/power/influence, not filmmaking. He essentially just liked being in charge, whereas typically documentary filmmakers have some sort of artistic/ideological vision or story that they’re passionate about sharing. VF could have been about literally anything — it could have been Amway or the Moonies — the main objective was always and only the glorification of Doug Phillips. He identified a niche market, ripe for exploitation, and he tapped into it.

Personally I’m surprised he hasn’t tried to reinvent himself as some kind of Trump-aligned political commentator or podcaster along the lines of Alex Jones, maybe with a nice MLM/vitamin/survivalist scam to go with it. His truest passion has always been the sound of his own voice, so it’s a perfect fit.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

28 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

" We need more cowbell    !!!!  "

• "No, really, explore the studio space!" 
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Love 3

Still no action on the AmEx suit filed against Douglas W Phillips in Bexar County, Texas, on March 4, 2019, presumably for defaulting on a debt. The citation was issued on 3/8, received on 3/19, and returned on 4/9. I am very disappointed in AmEx; they aren't living up to their reputation. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Can anyone direct me to Lourdes' social media account/s? I know the tool himself is quiet these days, but I would love to see how she is flourishing. 

• Upvote 2

Doug (or someone using the VF Facebook page) has been posting up a storm lately.

It's a bit disquieting how many of the subjects of said posts are alleged rapists. Feel a kinship there, Dougie? 

Edited by AnnaSofia
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

It's a bit disquieting how many of the subjects of said posts are alleged rapists. Feel a kinship there, Dougie? 

If it isn't Dougie posting that shite, it could well be Be-all.

• WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

On 2/4/2020 at 12:31 PM, MamaJunebug said:

99-44/100% sure that our Lourdes is 

authenticlourdes

on Instagram. 

She so pretty! And classy. 

Thank You! 

So glad to see her shining these days!

• I Agree 1

I know "OMG, fundies wearing shorts!!" is a bit played out at this point, but can I just say, this is not a look I ever thought I'd see from the Princesses of Vision Forum :pb_lol:

1667763361_Screenshot_2020-02-09FaithEvangeline(sewingtreble)Instagramphotosandvideos.png.8cd6ab60d369318a9681bd32efbb7cae.png

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

45 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

I know "OMG, fundies wearing shorts!!" is a bit played out at this point, but can I just say, this is not a look I ever thought I'd see from the Princesses of Vision Forum :pb_lol:

1667763361_Screenshot_2020-02-09FaithEvangeline(sewingtreble)Instagramphotosandvideos.png.8cd6ab60d369318a9681bd32efbb7cae.png

I’ve always liked the vintage clothing Faith makes. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Comments from under a VF post quoting one of Trump's speeches:

image.png.c2cad80a31cdaa563349acda9fa1d7f6.png

And now, a PSA; folks, if you roll your eyes too hard, it really hurts!

• Haha 13

image.png.c5707d71079e950e60c8756a8a4191e6.png

image.png.1d2023b83285d4fd44a0a9ce185febab.png

Who is posting these? Is Doug (or some other VFer) actually trying to stage a comeback with right-wing support?

• Upvote 4

I'd never seen this 2011 video.

At about 3:10, Doug laments the fact that missionaries didn't swarm to Japan right after the war. Instead, he says, "we sent something else, which was a form of capitalism that was then embraced by the Japanese people and taken to an extreme, where, as is sadly the case in parts of America as well, materialism became virtually a god."

Dougie, grifter extraordinaire, lover of luxury, traveling and making this film on Leininger's dime, wearing his Truman Capote hat, decries materialism.

I've got to stop before I actually damage my eyes from rolling them.

10 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Haiti Remembered...

. . . part two:

image.png.4d8f17ecf8f42d7246f558db4ed72695.png

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic