IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I don't remember how it happened, but I was telling my husband about how, when you are counting in Spanish, after you get to quince (15),  it's dieciseis, in other words, ten and six.  It rather like how a character in a Jane Austin novel might be one and twenty.  Emma Woodhouse* was one and twenty.  

*II, of course, am not referring to our sister FJite, @EmmaWoodhouse.  I don't know if she's one and twenty or not.

That is how we count in German (after twelve). Did you notice that in Emma only aristocracy uses this way of counting? Mr. Martin refers to himself as twenty three (I think). I will say I like the idea that I use an “elegant aristocratic slang” ?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

@Bad Wolf ^^^  I'm a lifelong English speaker and this is something I never realized!

I’m almost 40 and I just found this out, too. ?

• Upvote 6

Glad to be of service. I've learned a lot here, and not just about fundies.

Edited by Bad Wolf
Can't type, can't spell
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Would you like to be president?

Perhaps another elected office? We can get the cats their own instagram...

Well... I wouldn't like to be president, but if it was down to me and Trump I would feel a moral obligation.

And as First Cats of the United States, my girls would of course need their own official Instagram. The White House needs more cats anyway*.

* Though not with the current occupants. I don't trust them around animals.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

Well... I wouldn't like to be president, but if it was down to me and Trump I would feel a moral obligation.

And as First Cats of the United States, my girls would of course need their own official Instagram. The White House needs more cats anyway*.

* Though not with the current occupants. I don't trust them around animals.

Over Thanksgiving I watched Meeting with Gorbachev.

It's a great documentary. He's very colorful and Werner Herzog is a skilled documentarian with the added perspective of his German background (in this case).

He also interviews the Secretary of State from Reagan and Bush Sr. as well as the equivalent office holder from the German administration during those years.

All of these men have barely disguised contempt for Putin and Trump. The shade is hilarious. Sad, because when you come out thinking, "Gee that Reagan sure was a swell guy who wanted to make friends with and make nice".... And then Gorbachev is saying "A good politician has the desire to cooperate and listen," with sincerity and a straight face

.. Well you really realize how much one's perspective of a reasonable politician has changed.

I'd vote for you - you're clearly a Murica luvin Flower luvin cat lover. And, you aren't Trump ❤️?. Exactly.

Edited by samurai_sarah
Quoted myself
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Over Thanksgiving I watched Meeting with Gorbachev.

It's a great documentary. He's very colorful and Werner Herzog is a skilled documentarian with the added perspective of his German background (in this case).

He also interviews the Secretary of State from Reagan and Bush Sr. as well as the equivalent office holder from the German administration during those years.

All of these men have barely disguised contempt for Putin and Trump. The shade is hilarious. Sad, because when you come out thinking, "Gee that Reagan sure was a swell guy who wanted to make friends with and make nice".... And then Gorbachev is saying "A good politician has the desire to cooperate and listen," with sincerity and a straight face

.. Well you really realize how much one's perspective of a reasonable politician has changed.

I'd vote for you - you're clearly a Murica luvin Flower luvin cat lover. And, you aren't Trump ❤️?. Exactly.

I was going to express surprise that Trump was known of in those circles back then... but then I remembered that a lot of the books I've been reading have mentioned how Trump's Russian connections go way, way back.

Why thank you! :D I think the little kitty would insist on being First Cat -- she doesn't mind the spotlight. Her older sister would prefer to be in the background.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Has the donut company dropped Jinger? The photo has gone from their account and hers? 

Guess people don't like the taste of hate doughnuts.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

I’m telling you guys, Dancing with the Stars is in one of their futures. Maybe Jeremy? He’s tall, a former International athlete, looks like Bert from Sesame Street, is a lily white Christian with a good set of teeth. If Kate Gosselin passed the smell test, so could Jeremy.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 22

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I’m telling you guys, Dancing with the Stars is in one of their futures. Maybe Jeremy? He’s tall, a former International athlete, looks like Bert from Sesame Street, is a lily white Christian with a good set of teeth. If Kate Gosselin passed the smell test, so could Jeremy.

I share the same sentiment as you about Jinger or Jeremy competing on DWTS.  In fact, I'd wager that it's only a matter of time before any of the Duggars or Duggar in-laws start making appearances on reality shows.   Amy and Dillon have already been on "Marriage Boot Camp".    The 19KAC/Counting On money can't last forever.  The courting-married-babies plotline is redundant.    Jim Bob can certainly figure out a crafty way to spin the appearances so everything is copacetic in the eyes of Jesus. Actually, If Trump didn't run for President, I totally could see Jim Bob on "The Celebrity Apprentice" playing for Mediccorps as his charity.        

Who knows, maybe someday we'll see Joy on "Survivor",  Josie on "The Voice" or one of the Lost Girls on "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders:  Making The Team"!     

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Haha 7

jingernicolevuolo.com is now mine! it was worth it to me because I only paid 1$ for the year and I've had a really crappy day.

Now what to do with it?

ETA: yes I am usually a lurker!  sorry to interrupt the conversation

Edited by CreatedToBeACritic
extra information
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 27
  • Love 7

10 minutes ago, CreatedToBeACritic said:

jingernicolevuolo.com is now mine! it was worth it to me because I only paid 1$ for the year and I've had a really crappy day.

Now what to do with it?

A simple guide to why fundamentalism is dangerous and bad for the world?

A fashion blog focused on bows?

A coffee review page?

Quotes from Jinger and Jeremy that prove what tools they are?

An indepth essay about the Finnish soccer leauge?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 23
  • Love 3

But competing on DWTS would mean Jeremy would have to take instructions from a woman- a woman that knows more than him! Plus it takes time, commitment and hard work and none of those are are the reasons he married a Duggar.

Plus can you see the book loving, bow tie wearing Jeremy doing the cha cha cha in a garish ruffled shirt? ( I haven’t actually seen DWTS, only the UK version but I assume it similar)

• Upvote 8

17 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

A simple guide to why fundamentalism is dangerous and bad for the world?

A fashion blog focused on bows?

A coffee review page?

An indepth essay about the Finnish soccer leauge?

All good ideas! It should be something totally random, I agree. If I review coffee people might think I'm actually Jinger

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, CreatedToBeACritic said:

All good ideas! It should be something totally random, I agree. If I review coffee people might think I'm actually Jinger

For every cup you review you just steel a description someone used to describe their partner when they started courting and then  you give each cup a grade out of 5 bibels. 

It would be amazing! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

I am pretty intrigued by the donut company dropping Jinger. I wonder if they were getting a lot of hate mail/negative comments on it.

That’s pretty embarrassing for Jing. Not a good sign of her ability to branch out to working with more companies with mass appeal. She made her fundie brand and now she could very well end up stuck working with only conservative brands if this keeps up. Doesn’t give her much mass appeal sponsorship wise.

Jeremy must be seething.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

I vote this one. Perhaps also a list of sponsorships that have dropped them

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I am pretty intrigued by the donut company dropping Jinger. I wonder if they were getting a lot of hate mail/negative comments on it.

That’s pretty embarrassing for Jing. Not a good sign of her ability to branch out to working with more companies with mass appeal. She made her fundie brand and now she could very well end up stuck working with only conservative brands if this keeps up. Doesn’t give her much mass appeal sponsorship wise.

Jeremy must be seething.

Purely speculation but I’d guess the issue is their attitude to same sex relationships. While it gains support from their fans, in LA it’s going to be a problem. And even some ‘hate the sin love the sinner’ crap isn’t going to wash. 

If you hold homophobic views you’re not getting dollars for trendy donuts.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

The Rebecca Minkoff partnership is still standing. I’m wondering how much that one will last. The store hasn’t published anything about Jinger yet but if they do I bet the comments won’t be pretty either. 

• Upvote 4

Super awesome that Fonuts dropped her and posted a public apology. Good for them. 

Edited by closetcagebaby
Didn’t realize it was old news
  • Upvote 18

3 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

Super awesome that Fonuts dropped her and posted a public apology. Good for them. 

What does the public apology say? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• Destiny locked this topic