IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

On 8/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, Beermeet said:

I just looked at her Instagram and wow, very weird to see them in my neck of the woods!  Very. They must be making good money. All those places are pricey, her hair looks great. That is an expensive dye job.  What can I say?  The usual, I guess. Hate their beliefs but glad Jinger gets to live some life in a city where she wanted. She looks happy and considering how she was raised, I kinda have to say go girl. Jeremy squicks me out. His hipster garb is not impressive but Jinger could have married much, much worse. 

Can you imagine Jinger with Dullard?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Can you imagine Jinger with Dullard?

No. I really cannot.  

I'm picturing it now though. Yeah, no. 

Ew.  

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Or Jeremy with Jill?

"I thought mayhap we might try some some pasta for dinner, my dear.   Perhaps a humble bottarga-scented cavatappi, as I encountered once in my extensive library?"

"Okaaayyy... here's some tuna, cream of mushroom and mac and cheese...  best dinner for #besthubbyever!!!! :):o;)"

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 30

Jinger and Jermey, you are not Charlie Chaplain. Charlie Chaplain worked from nothing. He survived the abuse of a work house, and saved his mother from a mental institution. 

You two survived living a hipster life in Texas. That's not the same thing. 

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 1

You know what kills me? (well, among a gazillion other things)

"Totally legit!!!!!"

The teenage son of my neighbors says that. LOL.

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy

So John MacArthur, Jeremy's mentor has been running off at the mouth again. Via https://www.christianpost.com/news/john-macarthur-clarifies-views-on-beth-moore-women-preachers-empowering-women-makes-weak-men.html

“When women take over a culture, men become weak; when men become weak, they can be conquered,” he said. “[W]hen all the men have been slaughtered, you [women] can sit there with all your jewelry and junk. You’ve been conquered, because you overpowered your protectors.”

“Don’t misunderstand this: This is what we are living in today,” he warned. “Empowering women makes weak men. Weak men make everybody vulnerable to danger.”

“Let me tell you something, if children are in charge, we’re in trouble,” MacArthur continued. “If women are in charge, we’re in trouble. And if you look carefully at our nation, you would have to agree that it’s childish, young, inexperienced, ignorant women who are ascending into power. When you overthrow the divine order, the results are always disastrous. And again, it’s not anti-women any more than it’s anti-children. But it’s a divine judgment on a nation that its young and its women are in power.”

Hey MacArthur, fuck off.  Seriously.  Real strong men don't need to demean 50% of the population to be confident in themselves. 

• Upvote 15
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 21
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, treehugger said:

So John MacArthur, Jeremy's mentor has been running off at the mouth again. Via https://www.christianpost.com/news/john-macarthur-clarifies-views-on-beth-moore-women-preachers-empowering-women-makes-weak-men.html

Hey MacArthur, fuck off.  Seriously.  Real strong men don't need to demean 50% of the population to be confident in themselves. 

He's simply not man enough to accept that women are important,  intelligent,  capable and living within society as an integral part of society.  He's weak and projecting.  Don't need a degree to diagnose that.

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, treehugger said:

“When women take over a culture, men become weak; when men become weak, they can be conquered,” he said. “[W]hen all the men have been slaughtered, you [women] can sit there with all your jewelry and junk. You’ve been conquered, because you overpowered your protectors.”

So if women are treated as equals the US is going to be conquered by some foreign power?  I guess Sweden (where studies show women have the most equality) should cease to exist any day now then? 

Fundie logic is so difficult to follow sometimes. 

• Upvote 22

On 11/4/2019 at 2:04 PM, livinginthelight said:

In my experience, people in the artistic fields often have the most difficulty with medication compliance because they need the creative traits for their jobs. If they are in another field, they more readily are faced with the downsides to being bipolar and are more consistent with their meds. Often these people tell me they are "willing to trade a few IQ points" for being emotionally more stable. And some really do feel just fine on the meds, with no side effects.

That makes a lot of sense. I don’t have bipolar, just depression of an episodic variety, but my last major episode, about 3 1/2 years ago, was pretty bad and pretty hard to climb back from. Meds were reintroduced and dosage was increased, and increased and increased until they couldn’t increase anymore and I was getting symptoms of serotonin overdose. Then we switched meds, and that was a long and difficult process too.

I’m an author. My last book (first published book, but not first written) was written during the downhill spiral, with parts of it written from inside a psych ward. I got through the editing process just fine on medication but have REALLY struggled to write my next book. Maybe it’s coincidence, or the “sophomore slump” and pressure of having to follow something, but until six weeks ago I was squeezing out words like blood from stone. Then I stopped taking my meds and I HAVE CREATIVITY AGAIN. I’m watching my mood like a hawk because I’ve got 3 kids and when I suffer, the whole family suffers, but if I DO need to go back on meds it will be a hard thing to potentially give up my talent and passion.

I can only imagine how much more intense that dilemma must feel for those with bipolar on mood stabilisers.

6 hours ago, treehugger said:

I hate the phrase “ok boomer” but am really tempted to say it to this douche.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 9

8 hours ago, treehugger said:

So don't be fooled by  Jinger wearing pants, all the coffee pictures and hipster vibe. The ugly beliefs are still strong with these two (JinJer).

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

So if women are treated as equals the US is going to be conquered by some foreign power?  I guess Sweden (where studies show women have the most equality) should cease to exist any day now then? 

Fundie logic is so difficult to follow sometimes. 

Yeah, we’re waiting for the hell hole to open and swollow us whole any day now. :shifty:

Men has ruled the world for thousands of years and they are doing a mediocer job at best so maybe it’s our turn to have a go now. We can do a thousand years and then we can try sharing the job for a while. 

• Upvote 22
  • Love 8

4 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

So don't be fooled by  Jinger wearing pants, all the coffee pictures and hipster vibe. The ugly beliefs are still strong with these two (JinJer).

I've long said they are hate wrapped in pretty wrappings. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

Beth Moore isn't even gearing her message towards men. She writes books for women and does bible studies for women. Beth Moore must've said something left-ish and that's what pissed him off. There's another popular female Christian author and speaker, what's her name... Jen Hatmaker! She spoke out against Trump and whoa the backlash she got. 

Edited to add- just looked it up and Beth Moore did take a stance involving trump. Wimmin can only talk about cooking and cleaning and birthing and keeping sweet and submissive I guess. ?

Edited by fluffernutter
added more stuff
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Beth Moore isn't even gearing her message towards men. She writes books for women and does bible studies for women. Beth Moore must've said something left-ish and that's what pissed him off. There's another popular female Christian author and speaker, what's her name... Jen Hatmaker! She spoke out against Trump and whoa the backlash she got. 

Edited to add- just looked it up and Beth Moore did take a stance involving trump. Wimmin can only talk about cooking and cleaning and birthing and keeping sweet and submissive I guess. ?

Yeah it’s Such a spotlight on the “complementarian” misogyny. Beth has become a bit more political in recent years - against Trump and Trumpist evangelicals, as well as magnifying voices of people of color and retracting a bit of what she said about homosexuality in one of her books. She’s also spoken out strongly for the metoo movement. She’s still pretty conservative and evangelical but definitely challenging SBC status quo.

• Upvote 14

Are men that weak that strong women will sap their strength? MacArthur apparently doesn't realize he is actually portraying men as delicate snowflakes.

Edited by livinginthelight
  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

Are men that weak that strong women will sap their strength? MacArthur apparently doesn't realize he is actually portraying men as delicate snowflakes.

I have similar thoughts about when men say that women need to cover up because they might tempt men.  To me that just says they have no self control.  Also there are a number of countries around the world that demonstrate that the issue has nothing to do with covering up.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6

So if we dressed in burqas or nuns' long dresses, men wouldn't be tempted? I think there is plenty of evidence to dispute that

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

Who is this Jesse Hsu that keeps taking photos for Jinger and Jeremy? [You see him credited on their Instagram]  He doesn't give Jesus (or Kanye the Wise) a shout-out in his Internet bio, and some of the shots on his public instagram are NOT fundy-approved.

Like this one: 

Spoiler

Edited by HereticHick
tried and failed to remove the spoiler bar
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I think they just hired a local professional photographer to take some family pictures and get a nice discount if they tag him.

Seems like a normal 'influencer'-post.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I think they just hired a local professional photographer to take some family pictures and get a nice discount if they tag him.

Seems like a normal 'influencer'-post.

A family-photoshoot bij a professional? Pregnancy-announcement in 3..2..1..

Edited by Dutch_girl
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Dutch_girl said:

A family-photoshoot bij a professional? Pregnancy-announcement in 3..2..1..

Normally I would agree, but there’s nothing they love more than pictures of themselves.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

On 11/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, Bad Wolf said:

So if we dressed in burqas or nuns' long dresses, men wouldn't be tempted? I think there is plenty of evidence to dispute that

Also fundamentalist evangelists hate women in burqas (and probably nun's dresses, too).

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

On 11/20/2019 at 8:08 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Also fundamentalist evangelists hate women in burqas (and probably nun's dresses, too).

Of course not. Only their type of oppression on women is acceptable.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

On 11/20/2019 at 6:06 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Normally I would agree, but there’s nothing they love more than pictures of themselves.

Exactly. Any other Duggar couple and it would be a dead giveaway. However, with J&J it’s a toss up ?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• Destiny locked this topic