IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

One of my friends at 23-24 started displaying symptoms of bipolar. The hypomania state ended up with her getting arrested a few times and being under psychiatric observation with one stint being 2 months. She still refuses to take medication. She's not in the creative field but she really likes the highs. We've seen her at the really lows. Both are hard to watch. I've known first hand a few bipolar people. One out of three have taken medication. My cousins ex wife was almost arrested on a trip to Canada. I think she's finally medicated but it took years to get there. I haven't had contact with her since the divorce but my cousins son who I consider my nephew still has trauma and has current stories. It takes a lot of trial and error with medication for someone to feel balanced. I really think Kanye will never take medication. He doesn't want to lose all the creativity.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I thought I followed this thread fairly closely, but has it been discussed yet how the Vuolos have all this time and money for constant sight-seeing, eating out, and activities that I'm sure aren't cheap?  That doesn't even include how they're affording housing in notoriously expensive LA.  Is Jeremy doing some sort of paid internship?  Once the money from Counting On is split up, I'm sure it's still not enough to support their lifestyle.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I thought I followed this thread fairly closely, but has it been discussed yet how the Vuolos have all this time and money for constant sight-seeing, eating out, and activities that I'm sure aren't cheap?  That doesn't even include how they're affording housing in notoriously expensive LA.  Is Jeremy doing some sort of paid internship?  Once the money from Counting On is split up, I'm sure it's still not enough to support their lifestyle.

When my sister got her Masters she worked as a graduate assistant for her college and they paid for her housing and education in exchange for her teaching lower level undergraduate classes. The Master’s seminary probably has a similar program.

On 11/1/2019 at 4:22 PM, patsymae said:

“From a musical perspective, it was one of the greatest pieces of musical art that I’ve ever witnessed live,” Jeremy said on his Instagram Live Story on Sunday night.

Methinks Jeremy has not had a lot of exposure to "musical art" or much of way to have a "musical perspective." If this pretentious buffoon had said almost something like "The music moved me" it would be much less laughable. Kanye is a talented musician. Jeremy may be telling the truth that is one of the greatest pieces of musical art he has ever witnessed live, because I'm willing to bet he has never seen a musician screeching about Jesus who's good as Kanye. But "from a musical perspective" is kind of the same musical perspective that has Jana being a concert pianist, Josie having perfect pitch, Amy ready to take on Nashville and the Duggar girls the next Boone sisters. What an asshat.

His mom and sister are both professional musicians...he’s definitely been exposed to quality music (although I don’t believe he plays an instrument).

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

When my sister got her Masters she worked as a graduate assistant for her college and they paid for her housing and education in exchange for her teaching lower level undergraduate classes. The Master’s seminary probably has a similar program.

Out of curiosity, was your sister allowed to choose her own housing?  J & J seemed to be "shopping around" for theirs.

Also, (not directed at you), but Jeremy seems to have so much free time...almost daily.  I don't know how he would manage being a student, teacher, and Los Angeles gadabout, not to mention all the traveling they do.

• Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Out of curiosity, was your sister allowed to choose her own housing?  J & J seemed to be "shopping around" for theirs.

Also, (not directed at you), but Jeremy seems to have so much free time...almost daily.  I don't know how he would manage being a student, teacher, and Los Angeles gadabout, not to mention all the traveling they do.

It was assigned...she had to room with another GA.
It’s possible the college owns the housing the Vuolos are living in and they’re getting it at a drastic discount. 

Edited by DalmatianCat
  • Thank You 1

On 10/30/2019 at 9:12 PM, 3SecondSideHugger said:

Lolll I’m honestly happy that she is getting some exposure to life outside Arkansas and Michelle’s creepy mindset. I know Jeremy has so many problematic beliefs, but exposure is a step to acceptance. I mostly believe Jeremy is just a famewhore but I’m glad that means maybe they’ll think outside the fundy bubble every once in a while. 

Thinking about Michelle and her creepy mindset:   I wonder just how 'wild' she was as a kid that makes her think that all kids need to be so closely monitored.   At what point did she discover religion (or her cult)?   It makes me wonder if she wasn't the one to 'convert'Boob?   (Does anyone know how 'Christian' he was before they married?   -  There is that picture of him tilting her back to kiss her (she is wearing pants and has her leg up in the air)  

• Upvote 5

On 11/4/2019 at 10:32 AM, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I agree with you. But then I think maybe they ARE rolling in money from the show. Ben and Jessa were just recently able to send his parents on a trip to Scotland and England.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Thinking about Michelle and her creepy mindset:   I wonder just how 'wild' she was as a kid that makes her think that all kids need to be so closely monitored.   At what point did she discover religion (or her cult)?   It makes me wonder if she wasn't the one to 'convert'Boob?   (Does anyone know how 'Christian' he was before they married?   -  There is that picture of him tilting her back to kiss her (she is wearing pants and has her leg up in the air)  

Not that wild. High school. He was more Christian than she was, and attended Christian school. They were an ordinary Bible Belt couple until the miscarriage led them to breed for Jesus. It’s all in their first book.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

On 11/3/2019 at 5:24 AM, Sky with diamonds said:

I don't see Jim Bob ever allowing anything to do with Kanye to be shown on the show. Jinger wearing pants  was hard enough to be explained, can you imagine the explanation  for Kanye?

I missed it but saw the preview ... how did they explain Jinger wearing pants?

Also, Kanye has announced his intention to change his name to Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West.

• Haha 12

On 11/1/2019 at 3:08 PM, adidas said:

Bipolar meds (mood stabilisers) are very different to most other medications. They do make the highs lower and the lows higher, so many people who take them don’t just feel ‘off’ for a couple of weeks, they feel like a different person every single day when they’re taking them. The people I know say they feel like a dull, less creative version of themselves when they’re taking their meds. It’s why med compliance is such a known and huge problem with patients who have bipolar disorder. It’s not just Kanye - he’s in a group of about 50% of other patients who feel the same way and are non adherent to their meds.

It’s a complex and poorly understood area which needs lots more research - it can’t be dismissed by simply saying ‘just stick with it for a week or two and you’ll be okay’.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3409641/

Im pro meds of course but I don’t have bipolar disorder so I can’t understand what it feels like to have an important part of my personality dulled or slowed down. And research shows that patients with bipolar disorder are much more likely to be employed in creative careers, so I hope they do more research so that a huge number of people can be supported and get the help they need.

I have pretty severe bipolar 1, like have blackout manic episodes where people find me walking barefoot in winter up and down the mountain road where I grew up and other awful, crazy things. I didn't take my meds for years because it's hard to be so dull all the time especially when you're used to feeling such extremes. It's a hard thing to explain but you did it wonderfully!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 17

I have pretty severe bipolar 1, like have blackout manic episodes where people find me walking barefoot in winter up and down the mountain road where I grew up and other awful, crazy things. I didn't take my meds for years because it's hard to be so dull all the time especially when you're used to feeling such extremes. It's a hard thing to explain but you did it wonderfully!

This is very interesting. I've been on antidepressants for a few years now and there's definitely a difference in how I feel. Everything feels more pure without medication. But I live with that because it keeps the hell that is depression away.
My question is, why is it worth having those extreme emotions when those episodes detail your whole life? Can you manage daily life while on highs/lows? Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the appeal of extremes.
  • Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Smash! said:

This is very interesting. I've been on antidepressants for a few years now and there's definitely a difference in how I feel. Everything feels more pure without medication. But I live with that because it keeps the hell that is depression away.
My question is, why is it worth having those extreme emotions when those episodes detail your whole life? Can you manage daily life while on highs/lows? Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the appeal of extremes.

When you look at it rationally it doesn't make any sense. But as I explained to a friend once, when you've touched the stars how would you feel being stuck on the ground the rest of your life? I used to be incredibly creative and had a lot of potential in a lot of different ways. My mental illness and subsequent self medicating addiction really destroyed a lot of that potential but my treatment (which I've been pretty compliant with for a few years now) has taken my creativity. 

Theres definitely times where I want to write or paint or sculpt and try as I may, medicated I can't produce anything. I've toyed with going off my meds to be able to try again.

There's definitely a romanticized component to it, just like with addiction and thinking well when I used or drank I could write or do art or whatever. 

I hope that kind of makes sense. Like I said I'm not much of a writer anymore.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 18

1 hour ago, zee_four said:
when you've touched the stars how would you feel being stuck on the ground the rest of your life?

Well your whole post makes totally sense. Especially when treatment takes such a big part of your personality away. The way you worded your post makes me wonder if in your opinion your creativity and the mental illness are two different things? I always thought that those two are different sides of a medal.

The quoted sentence resonated with me a lot. Almost seven years ago I briefly dated someone where I felt such intense emotions I never knew existed. After crashing to the concrete ground from 11'000 Km height I said something similar like you wrote to my therapist. It took me years to see that chasing those emotions is unhealthy and that I get more out of my life when I'm stable. Even tough I'm used to "normal" emotions again I still miss touching the stars.

Edited by Smash!
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, adidas said:

Also, Kanye has announced his intention to change his name to Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West.

Totally thought this was a joke and was thinking it kinda missed the mark because it's so over the top). 

But I googled it. You aren't joking. Holeee shit. ?

How much longer can his wife rationalize this behavior?

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

On 11/5/2019 at 7:23 PM, MoonFace said:

He was the religious one, but no fundie and attended a Christian high school. Regarding Michelle, her family was Christian but not very involved in a church and she attended a secular publuc high school.

Michelle was a normal girl, JB was a normal boy (this said, she was more liberal than him). 

They married young, worked hard, used BC for 4 years and had a baby. Michelle used the pill again, but somehow got pregnant and miscarried (at the very beginning of the pregnancy). Doctor made her felt guilty, the pill was supposed to be the cause of the misacarriage. Then they commited to not to use birth control and had 18 more kids, became (more or less) rich and (more or less) famous and lived happily...

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, adidas said:

I missed it but saw the preview ... how did they explain Jinger wearing pants?

This reminds me of when NBA player Ron Artest changed his name to Metta World Peace. He was also known to have mental illness. 

• Upvote 6

44 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Totally thought this was a joke and was thinking it kinda missed the mark because it's so over the top). 

But I googled it. You aren't joking. Holeee shit. ?

How much longer can his wife rationalize this behavior?

I read somewhere yesterday that Genius Billionaire was thinking of running for President in 2014.  

@NCLunaLovegoodFan,  Ron Artest changing his name to Metta World Peace is way better that Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West.  Metta is the Sanskrit word for loving-kindness so I'd expect some Buddhist influence.  

• Upvote 5

I made a little mistake in my previous post.

Metta is Pali. The Sanskrit for loving-kindness is maitri.  Autocorrect does not like either version though.

• Upvote 6

On 11/9/2019 at 12:01 PM, Iamtheway said:

Oh no! I was going to change MY name to Genius Billionaire but now he’s ruined it! :shakehead:

Stable Genius Billionaire is still open, Trump hasn't swiped it up yet. 

• Haha 27

As a really big Kanye fan (in music, not so much anything else) I was really shocked to hear that my two worlds collided & JinJer were at Sunday Service.... I do agree with something someone mentioned about exposure being the gateway to acceptance and I think their even going to a more black-leaning church is a good thing. Even if it is just because Jeremy is a shameless fame whore. I hope this leads to Jinger thinking about other ways to worship, other lifestyles, etc. But I won't get my hopes up since I think Baby #2 is right around the corner.

ETA - I think Ben must be having a great time with the latest Kanye album

Edited by fundieundies
adding
  • Upvote 5

On 11/8/2019 at 7:27 PM, adidas said:

Hmm, I guess Humility is out and Pride is in with the Kanye West brand of Christians.

Speaking of Pride, I think he needs to add a title to his name change:

Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West, Gay Fish

Spoiler

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Haha 2

Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West...

This guy is batshit insane. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Kanye wants to collab with Joel Osteen...Jeremy’s probably giddy at the thought.?

Jeremy's mentor, MacArthur, is anti prosperity of even though he's a multi millionaire.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

• Destiny locked this topic