IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

Beth Moore is a victim of abuse that has been very supportive of the #Metoo movement for one thing. I know there's been some other things, including her removing a portion of a book that she later regretted as homophobic.  

It's really become the fun thing for men in ministry to attack her in particular. They'll take snippets out of context from her sermons and tear her down, mansplaining how she's teaching falsely when they didn't even listen to the entire sermon. It's wrong, unproductive, and divisive. What's interesting is that while men are doing crap like this, women's groups in churches all over are meeting to go through her bible studies together very regularly.

John MacArthur was asked to speak on her recently at a sausage-fest pastor's conference and his words for her were "go home." All the men laughed uproariously in the back ground. It was pretty gross to watch. 

Her response on twitter was: 

“I did not surrender to a calling of man when I was 18 years old,” she posted. “I surrendered to a calling of God. It never occurs to me for a second to not fulfill it. I will follow Jesus—and Jesus alone—all the way home. And I will see His beautiful face and proclaim, Worthy is the Lamb!

“Here’s the beautiful thing about it & I mean this with absolute respect. You don’t have to let me serve you. That gets to be your choice. Whether or not I serve Jesus is not up to you. Whether I serve you certainly is. One way or the other, I esteem you as my sibling in Christ.”

I'm no fan of John MacArthur - I think whatever he's got going on seems more like a cult than a ministry. He's very severe and critical of other bible teachers. I've said in J&J threads before that if Jinger went from Gothard to this, I don't think her spiritual life has improved any. If anything JM teachings are more depressing and severe than what she had growing up. Not that I feel sorry for her. I'm still not over her pay for pray videos so she can drown in John MacArthur's weird kool-aid.

• Upvote 17

MacArthur, Piper and the pseudo-intellectual reformed Calvinists are THE WORST. 

I’d like to take this moment to remind everyone that Jeremy was one of the principal signers of that horrid letter against social justice. 

And yes, he is definitely being primed by John MacArthur. Watch him; he has lofty ministry ambitions. 

He is vile, just with a pretty bow. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 10

21 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

He is vile, just with a pretty bow. 

I've just about convinced myself he is worse than JB. And some of his ties are unbecoming. There is more hope for Derick not being an ass than there is at all for Jeremy.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

On 11/25/2019 at 8:57 PM, Jinder Roles said:

I’d like to take this moment to remind everyone that Jeremy was one of the principal signers of that horrid letter against social justice. 

How the hell can any so-called Christian be against social justice? Those folks do not have hearts in addition to their bad theology.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

How the hell can any so-called Christian be against social justice? Those folks do not have hearts in addition to their bad theology.

Because Christians are now all about White Supremacy and male domination. They have taken God and recreated him in their image. There is NOTHING Christ like about the majority of American Christians, they are all republicans who worship, greed, power, hate, and self.    

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4
  • Love 2

Just now, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Because Christians are now all about White Supremacy and male domination. They have taken God and recreated him in their image. There is NOTHING Christ like about the majority of American Christians, they are all republicans who worship, greed, power, hate, and self.    

I'm an American Christian, never republican, and as liberal as they come. I hope and pray that the fundagelical Christians you describe are not the majority. They are loud though, and totally reprehensible. Anybody who knows the real gospel knows that working for social justice is an imperative.  

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 9

@allthegoodnamesrgoneNot all of us. We work with 4 other churches to house the homeless at night during the winter. We have outreach programs to help break the cycle of generational poverty. We have a karma box where people can give food, etc for others to take, no questions asked. We preach social justice. We welcome everyone, and marry gays. Our visiting priest and one of our deacons are gay. We have more women than men in leadership positions. 

Sorry for the rant, but not all Christians are Trump loving misogynists.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 10

33 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

So Jinger and Jeremy stayed in LA for Thanksgiving? 

Presumably so. Jinger - ‘ lover of all things classical’ has an Instagram post of her making pumpkin something or other, fully made up, hair flowing and taken by a professional photographer. They really do think they’re something else! 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

This needs to be screamed from the rooftops. “J Mac” (as his uber supporters call him) is more dangerous because of the pretty, pinterest-y veneer his devoted followers espouse. 

• Upvote 8

Gandhi said “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” 

I am a Christian and I don’t trust the most Christians as far I can throw them because all the hateful hypocrites and Sunday Christians all week gossips I know. Rule of thumb: if they announce how Godly  they are then they ain’t.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yeah I have to say,  not fair and not true.   That's part of the problem with people like the Duggars--the extremists are the ones you see simply because they are extreme.  They're the ones protesting,  preaching on tv, taking out billboards and making robo calls.   They misrepresent the majority of Christians and give them all a bad name.   It's ironic that they consider themselves to be so godly,  but their beliefs are a million miles away from anything Jesus taught. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

59 minutes ago, WarriorJane said:

Yeah I have to say,  not fair and not true.   That's part of the problem with people like the Duggars--the extremists are the ones you see simply because they are extreme.  They're the ones protesting,  preaching on tv, taking out billboards and making robo calls.   They misrepresent the majority of Christians and give them all a bad name.   It's ironic that they consider themselves to be so godly,  but their beliefs are a million miles away from anything Jesus taught. 

I think more people who identify as christian identify more with the Duggar's than they do liberal branches of the Christian faith.  or at least agree that they are, while over the top, good people just trying to be good American's. 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Gandhi said “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” 

I am a Christian and I don’t trust the most Christians as far I can throw them because all the hateful hypocrites and Sunday Christians all week gossips I know. 

Yes yes yes to all of this!! I've never heard that quote from Gandhi but I love it. It's so very true! 

And I, too, am a Christian & having been raised by "Christians" and all the abuse I survived & horrible things I saw & experienced behind closed doors, I agree with your statement about not trusting most Christians as far as you can throw them. I do not trust them one bit. It took me many years to finally decide on my own what I believe & why I believe it. I finally just decided that just because "Christians" act that way doesn't mean Christ acted that way. They are the ones who hurt me. Not Him. It's terrible how so called Christians act in His name. It's disgusting. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

I don’t go to Church but 2 weeks ago an elderly lady in the grocery store was unable to pay for her groceries.  So I bought them for her, quietly and without fanfare.  It was the right thing to do and not done because Jesus.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 23

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jeremy’s smile gives me the fucking creeps. 

That is all I can add to this convo. He’s gross.

I just realized Jeremy’s creepy smile reminds me of Joel Olsteen’s creepy smile. Ugh. They both remind me of someone who is trying to pull one over on me.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Beautifully spoken. I talk to God and I have a relationship with him. I don’t need fake preachers and hypocrites in my life.

OMG T2-- I haven't heard this song in years!  Fantastic drinking song as well as a pretty decent mantra.  

• Love 2

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The two people of faith in my house absolutely and always believe that the Great Commission to love thy neighbor means love thy neighbor without any sort of modifier between thy and neighbor. We also believe that whatsoever you do for Me, so, too, you do for Me, my brethren. Life-long Independent who leans Democrat. My husband is a life-long Democrat and more liberal than I.

I'll add one more thing about the type of Trump Christian prevalent today: in my book, to say I know I'm going to heaven and act anything but Christlike (Duggars I'm looking right at you) does *not* in any way come from the Bible I read. Saying I know I'm going to heaven means I know what's in God's mind. I don't, which is why I'm only willing to go as far as to believe in the promise of eternal life. If I'm wrong, I'll answer for it before a Power higher than anything on this earth.

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think more people who identify as christian identify more with the Duggar's than they do liberal branches of the Christian faith.  or at least agree that they are, while over the top, good people just trying to be good American's. 

I don't. I don't think the Duggars are good people. I also think they want to run this country under their version of Christian Sharia law. In my book, that doesn't make them good Americans either.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, sixcatatty said:

I don't. I don't think the Duggars are good people. I also think they want to run this country under their version of Christian Sharia law. In my book, that doesn't make them good Americans either.

I agree completely. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

It almost hard to believe that they pay someone to take subpar pictures of them doing ordinary things. I know they do it because they think they are the bees knees. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just realized Jeremy’s creepy smile reminds me of Joel Olsteen’s creepy smile. Ugh. They both remind me of someone who is trying to pull one over on me.

I get the impression Jeremy would love to be the next Joel Osteen. You know Jeremy would love to get his hands on some of the suits Joel Osteen wears! Per Joel Osteen's wikipedia he generally avoids controversial topics politics, abortion and gay marriage. Would Jeremy shy away from controversial topics to appeal to a larger crowd? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Osteen

• Upvote 9

• Destiny locked this topic