IGNORED

Sierra 3: Paddle Faster I Hear Banjos

Coconut Flan

58 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Sierra and hubby went bowling with another couple according to facebook... Couple things: please make "Momma Girl" stop. "Grace Lanes" sounds like a super special christian only bowling alley. I wouldn't be surprised. Bible verses on the balls? The pins are shaped like scientists?

You are right!   Grace Lanes, in Carthage MO, is a "Christ-Centered, Family Oriented Bowling Center".   The owners, Robert and Rebecca Botts, opened the facility as their mission is to "love and serve people".   They also have Wednesday night $5 coupons stating "We Just Wanna Love Jesus And Go Bowling."  

I did look at the pictures of the bowling balls, but did not see any Bible verses on them.  

https://www.gracelanes.com/

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 8
  • Haha 9

I don’t know about Duggars but I remember when I was in fundieworld and on online forums there were plenty of big families living in poverty but proud of not taking government handouts. I think some likely do it in the sly - e.g. the Above Rubies girls talked about getting WIC before THM Money came in - but some are die hard against “welfare” in any form and sadly their families suffer for it. 

Maybe that’s also the appeal of essential oils and home remedies?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, HeartsAFundie said:

You are right!   Grace Lanes, in Carthage MO, is a "Christ-Centered, Family Oriented Bowling Center".   The owners, Robert and Rebecca Botts, opened the facility as their mission is to "love and serve people".   They also have Wednesday night $5 coupons stating "We Just Wanna Love Jesus And Go Bowling."  

I did look at the pictures of the bowling balls, but did not see any Bible verses on them.  

Carthage is the home of Precious Moments. None of this surprises me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Oh so sweet.   Family centered bowling.  I wonder how welcoming and loving they’d be to married (Christian) couple Stephanie and Jane and their two sweet kids!

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Actually, Derick's hospital bill rant was about Izzy's birth.  It was around the time Sam was born, but definitely about Izzy.  He said they did have insurance, but there was a high deductible.  

Jill responded to a fan in Nov on IG, who asked if she would be appearing more on the show since she was on Ivy's birth special.  She said she wouldn't, and 'they stepped away shortly before the birth of our second child', so I don't think Sam's birth was filmed.  If this is true, there should have been no expectation that TLC would 'help out'.  

The bottom line:  If you choose a high deductible plan you better have the money in the bank because the odds are your family will get sick. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I purpose to work the phrase "scripture soaked" into a conversation today.

I am sorry to say that I failed. I work on Capitol Hill, and it just didn't come up. Or at home with Mr. Possum. And neither the cat nor the dog are capable of hiding God's Word in their hearts.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15

8 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I don’t know about Duggars but I remember when I was in fundieworld and on online forums there were plenty of big families living in poverty but proud of not taking government handouts. I think some likely do it in the sly - e.g. the Above Rubies girls talked about getting WIC before THM Money came in - but some are die hard against “welfare” in any form and sadly their families suffer for it. 

Maybe that’s also the appeal of essential oils and home remedies?

This is wild to me. The welfare system is a safety net for when you need assistance. You pay in via tax etc when you can, and are entitled to receive when you can't. Just...why would you not apply for assistance if you were struggling? 

"Government handouts". Where do they think the money comes from? The rest of society. A provision to make sure nobody has to suffer excessively. 

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, seraaa said:

This is wild to me. The welfare system is a safety net for when you need assistance. You pay in via tax etc when you can, and are entitled to receive when you can't. Just...why would you not apply for assistance if you were struggling? 

"Government handouts". Where do they think the money comes from? The rest of society. A provision to make sure nobody has to suffer excessively. 

You pay in when you pay taxes. I don’t think JB Duggar has paid any taxes since the 80s, and since none of his kids has a job beyond him, I doubt any of them pay taxes or in to the system either!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

14 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I am sorry to say that I failed. I work on Capitol Hill, and it just didn't come up. Or at home with Mr. Possum. And neither the cat nor the dog are capable of hiding God's Word in their hearts.

can I just say that is the coolest thing ever that you work on Capitol hill. I currently work for a female Anglican priest who is younger than I am!  

so I would say that is pretty cool too but not as cool as your job. 

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I’m sure you could have found some Republican who would have considered it a compliment!

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, seraaa said:

I agree! I think these benefits are wonderful. I’ve benefited in the past and am happy for some of my tax money to go to it! 

19 minutes ago, nst said:

can I just say that is the coolest thing ever that you work on Capitol hill. I currently work for a female Anglican priest who is younger than I am!  

so I would say that is pretty cool too but not as cool as your job. 

My husband’s a priest. Happy Christmastide! 

• Upvote 2

On 12/31/2019 at 7:57 AM, Tatar-tot said:

The bottom line:  If you choose a high deductible plan you better have the money in the bank because the odds are your family will get sick. 

Most people don't choose high deductible plans, for most people it is the ONLY option.  I don't have  $5k to pay my deductible but that was our only option, that or not having insurance. 

As for do they or don't they take the "welfare" option, the fundies I know were about a 50/50 split on using or not, but all of them were 100% against anyone else getting them.  I hear a lot of stories from conservatives, fundy or not who have used various programs who say others don't deserve them or they would be better if only so and so got it, usually that is code for white folks only. That is a HUGE reason why most conservatives are anti welfare, they don't think minorities should get, their hard earned money.  I always think of Paul Ryan, Ex House speaker from WI and republican douche bag, who got  SSI benefits after his father died to pay for his college, and then ran on and voted against others getting the same benefit. I know I pissed of some troll by saying, keep them dumb keep them republican, but I also believe that republicans also believe that many republicans believe that "I've got mine fuck you" they think they deserve everything and everyone is just trying to rip you off.  So many of the conservatives I know have no empathy for anyone or anything unless they have suffered/experienced it themselves. Even then they only feel certain people (usually white & only people they know) deserve it.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

On 12/29/2019 at 10:08 PM, grandmadugger said:

Big Sis?!?!?!

Ha ha ha - that baby's expression is so grumpy-old-man! (swipe left or whatever to see)

• Upvote 4

High deductible plans are a perfectly reasonable option for people without chronic health conditions, sufficient savings to cover the full cost of the deductible, plus cash flow for higher out of pocket costs at point of service for routine care. It’s insurance in the most traditional sense - like auto insurance, it only kicks in when something really bad happens, and does not cover “basic maintenance.” The big problem is that many people end up with a high deductible plan because that is the only premium they can afford, and they don’t have the emergency cash to cover an unexpected primary care visit for something simple like flu or strep, much less the full cost of the deductible if they end up seriously ill/injured. So they are technically insured, but still screwed if the worst happens. (There are some other problems from the perspectives of insurance companies, if people use high deductible plans until they get sick/injured, then “upgrade” to a more comprehensive plan, but I’m not shedding tears for US insurance companies...)

• Upvote 7

On 12/31/2019 at 5:59 AM, HereticHick said:

are you a lobbyist like Anne Bancroft in GI Jane? 

My bucket list job had I been younger would be  a pr person for a celebrity. 

1 hour ago, nst said:

are you a lobbyist like Anne Bancroft in GI Jane? 

My bucket list job had I been younger would be  a pr person for a celebrity. 

Nope!  And I guess I should go over to Rep. Daniel Webster's office and wish him a New Year's soaked in scripture!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

Most people I know take high deductible plans and heavily use an HSA, its not a bad way to go.

DH & I both work for small locally owned businesses, his company has about 150 employees ours fluctuates between 100 to 150, as we have a lot of seasonal work. So neither of our companies offer HSAs. Though HSA won't even cover 1/2 of our out of pocket so it doesn't really help much.   DH & I spend over 1/4 of our income on Healthcare, and when you had in property taxes, income taxes, home owners insurance and car insurance that is just shy of 1/2 of our yearly income.  HALF $40k a year we pay in taxes and insurance and what do we get for it? NOT A FUCKING THING. Because everything we use come directly out of our pocket, we never max out our deductibles, and we are represented by republicans on the state and federal level so not even our tax money is spent on anything we support, NOPE our tax money is going to scumbag and his fucking worthless children.  So we bust our assess so these asshole republicans can play golf and put humans in concentration camps and call ME lazy because I'm not as rich as they are.

This country fucking SUCKS right now, the bad guys are winning and it is really getting to me and a lot of other people, we are losing hope FAST. :( 

/rant over Sorry. 

• Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 7

21 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

DH & I spend over 1/4 of our income on Healthcare, and when you had in property taxes, income taxes, home owners insurance and car insurance that is just shy of 1/2 of our yearly income.  HALF $40k a year we pay in taxes and insurance and what do we get for it? NOT A FUCKING THING.

You are counting your income taxes as the same as health insurance? I'm confused since I'm presuming you are liberal from your comments about Republicans. What do you think funds highways, food stamps, Medicare, and Medicaid? These things still exist under Trump. 

Your state may lean Republican, but I'm sure still has fire departments, libraries, schools, and WIC. And I'm guessing you still drive on roads and expect Social Security and Medicare one day.

This is just a very bizarre view for someone who seems to have a liberal belief in economics to have. You do understand this is what conservatives complain about when liberals want to raise their taxes for things the conservatives don't believe in? That those programs don't benefit them directly so why should they pay?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

You are counting your income taxes as the same as health insurance? I'm confused since I'm presuming you are liberal from your comments about Republicans. What do you think funds highways, food stamps, Medicare, and Medicaid? These things still exist under Trump. 

Your state may lean Republican, but I'm sure still has fire departments, libraries, schools, and WIC. And I'm guessing you still drive on roads and expect Social Security and Medicare one day.

This is just a very bizarre view for someone who seems to have a liberal belief in economics to have. You do understand this is what conservatives complain about when liberals want to raise their taxes for things the conservatives don't believe in? That those programs don't benefit them directly so why should they pay?

The US has the worst of both worlds right now - high taxes and crappy social services. Meanwhile, the wealthy ruling class thinks they’re superior to the rest of us. It’s very frustrating. I do think that “not a fucking thing” is an exaggeration.  Law enforcement, roads, and schools are still decent in most places.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The US has the worst of both worlds right now - high taxes and crappy social services. Meanwhile, the wealthy ruling class thinks they’re superior to the rest of us. It’s very frustrating. I do think that “not a fucking thing” is an exaggeration.  Law enforcement, roads, and schools are still decent in most places.

High taxes compared to whom? We have significantly lower taxes than almost all of Europe, Israel, Australia, and Canada. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/10/24/among-developed-nations-americans-tax-bills-are-below-average/

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Nope!  And I guess I should go over to Rep. Daniel Webster's office and wish him a New Year's soaked in scripture!

I am canadian who I had no idea who meant until I looked him up. 

he died in 1852

7 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I want the large tax increase that I got last year to pay for, roads, schools, libraries, SNAP, WIC, Medicare, Social Security, veteran care, Fire Departments, well trained police, and things like this. The vast majority of our tax money is going to corporate welfare and  Military contracts given to friends/business partners of our elected officials. 

I don't have kids in public schools, I'm not a teacher,  I don't use SNAP, WIC, Medicare/medicare (and never have) I'm not a Vet, the only veteran in my family is my father, I've never had need (thank god) for the Fire Department, so none of these services benefit me directly either,  there are hundreds of government services that I've never used and most likely never will, but I'll gladly pay for them.  I just have a problem with my tax money going to war, murder, slavery, and mass incarceration. Conservatives want their tax money to pay to regulate other people to force them to live the same type of life style they do, and I don't give a fig if I sound like a hypocrite, if I don't care that they don't want their money to pay for things that would really make us a "Christian" country. They are the biggest hypocrites, when they whine about how the government can't tell them how to live their lives but they want the government to tell others how to live theirs. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Sierra commented in her newest post that she expereinced a misscarraige or loss of child this decade . A few people commented that very recently when her freind had misscarried she had  gone live and said that she has never gone through this testimony ! 

• Thank You 1
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic