IGNORED

Sierra 3: Paddle Faster I Hear Banjos

Coconut Flan

On 12/22/2019 at 10:07 AM, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

As far as I know, every PhD position is paid. I know quite a few people who are doing or have finished their PhD (in different fields) and everyone had a paid PhD position at their university. Ofcourse, there are also people who choose to do a PhD in their own time later in life, but these are exceptions in my experience. 

I have seen two type people who do a PhD (in the Netherlands). The ones who work on it next to their job and are not paid (but I don't know if they have to pay tuition) and the ones who work at the university full-time and get paid a normal salary (most people). But this group is also obliged to lecture and tutor at the university for a certain of hours. So the payment is more for that (and at the same time facilitating the thesis) and not for the thesis itself.

• Upvote 2

I honestly don't know what it is about Kristen, but she just bothers me so much. Please tell me I am not the only one.

Edited by Timetraveler
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

10 hours ago, indianabones said:

Based on her treating thrush with dietary changes as opposed to, y'know, ACTUAL MEDICATION I'd guess not.

She said that the dietary changes were self-imposed and just suggested by the doctor who gave her medication. We need an eye roll reaction just for Sierra's idiocy. 

@Timetraveler you are definitely not the only one. She has a very grating personality.

When her husband was in hospital recently, her family (?) cleaned up her house and took care of her kids and she posted a story about how they bought actual, chemical cleaning products and bleach because she only uses natural. The way it came across... I don't know. Kind of jokey, haha I'm such a hippie but also kind of like she was shaming them? It seemed weird that she would specifically post a bunch of times about chemical cleaning products during such a difficult time. 

• Upvote 4

On 12/21/2019 at 7:39 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Fits the mantra of keep them stupid, keep them republican. If people are uneducated they are easier to manipulate. 

I haven't read the rules lately but, surely, we're to keep politics out of things.  If not, I'll be the first Republican to say this statement is offensive.  So much for the "tolerant left".  

Anyway, back to the topic:  if Sierra is on a tight budget, I would think that Chacos and over the top birthday parties like she has for EVERY. SINGLE. CHILD. would definitely NOT be in the budget.  I know DR would NOT agree with that--if they indeed have debt.  

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 20
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

True, but you're asking for logic from a fundie. When I was young we didn't have vaccinations, so we suffered from measles, mumps, etc. When the polio vaccine came out, we got it immediately. I knew two children who got polio before the vaccine.

Now, as an old person I have my DPT, shingles and flu. Anti vaxers haven't seen the damage caused by these diseases.

Sadly what is going to cause all the idiots out there who don't vaccinate because God or Google is a deadly pandemic that wipes out a large portion of the population. 

I used to post an article about why vaccinating your child isn't about you it is about everyone, until some "christian" antivaxxer replied with "I don't care about your kid I care about mine" It was then I realized these people are just horrible, and there is literally no reasoning with them. I ignore most anti vaxxers now and simply try to reason with people who are CONSIDERING not vaccinating. 

1 hour ago, thiscouldabeenme said:

I haven't read the rules lately but, surely, we're to keep politics out of things.  If not, I'll be the first Republican to say this statement is offensive.  So much for the "tolerant left".  

Anyway, back to the topic:  if Sierra is on a tight budget, I would think that Chacos and over the top birthday parties like she has for EVERY. SINGLE. CHILD. would definitely NOT be in the budget.  I know DR would NOT agree with that--if they indeed have debt.  

Sorry not sorry, that I am intolerant of your need to deny people the same basic human rights that you and I enjoy, because they are the wrong color, love the wrong gender, or were born the wrong gender.  If you would just leave these groups alone you would be left alone.  Conservatives want to shove gays back into closests, deny woman the right to make their own medical reproductive choices, lock minorities in cages and treat them as "less than" because of where they were born and the color of their skin. You don't get to scream at the top of your lungs "NO ONE gets to tell me how to live my life" then in the next breath yell "sit down while I tell you how you are going to live yours." 

I'm glad yo are offended. Now go EDUCATE yourself on why the left is so 'intolerant' of people like you. 

• Upvote 28
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 11

1 hour ago, thiscouldabeenme said:

Are you lost?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 28
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

She said that the dietary changes were self-imposed and just suggested by the doctor who gave her medication. We need an eye roll reaction just for Sierra's idiocy. 

@Timetraveler you are definitely not the only one. She has a very grating personality.

When her husband was in hospital recently, her family (?) cleaned up her house and took care of her kids and she posted a story about how they bought actual, chemical cleaning products and bleach because she only uses natural. The way it came across... I don't know. Kind of jokey, haha I'm such a hippie but also kind of like she was shaming them? It seemed weird that she would specifically post a bunch of times about chemical cleaning products during such a difficult time. 

Does she realize her natural cleaning products are chemicals? Everything is a chemical. That’s literally how this works... I’ve never understood why the “natural” movement doesn’t seem to understand this.

alsp that entire post She made sounds like it was really condescending given her family cleaned her whole house...

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, thiscouldabeenme said:

WE are offended by your "president" 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 11

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I have seen two type people who do a PhD (in the Netherlands). The ones who work on it next to their job and are not paid (but I don't know if they have to pay tuition) and the ones who work at the university full-time and get paid a normal salary (most people). But this group is also obliged to lecture and tutor at the university for a certain of hours. So the payment is more for that (and at the same time facilitating the thesis) and not for the thesis itself.

You're right about them having to lecture and tutor, I forgot to include this. Thanks fellow Dutchie! 

• Upvote 1

On 12/23/2019 at 8:02 AM, WiseGirl said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm very sad that the first thing she lists of importance to teach them is obedience.  They're kids not dogs. 

Don't get me started on "training our children." 

Grrr...I have grown to loathe the word "training" in that context.  And why does she put "corporal punishment " in quotes like that?  She's very condescending IMO.  Glad she only beats the kids who "respond" to it!?!?!?  Wtf?

• Upvote 7

This is total BEC but I just can't with how vapid and basic Sierra and her friend Georgia are in this video. Out of all the thousands and thousands of "influencers" I could follow, why oh why would I chose to follow these two???. Stop trying so hard Sierra :  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

29 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

This is total BEC but I just can't with how vapid and basic Sierra and her friend Georgia are in this video. Out of all the thousands and thousands of "influencers" I could follow, why oh why would I chose to follow these two???. Stop trying so hard Sierra :  

Oh it's not BEC, this is truly awful.  Who are these people and why would anyone follow them, much less listen to their podcast??? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

That Georgia person is 20. I don't see anything wrong with having age-gap friends, but Sierra seems to periodically attach herself to some young, up and coming female (in the Christian influencer circle). 

We saw her do it with Jessa, Kristen-antivax-Young, Joy for a hot minute (presumably just for a show storyline), the cookie decorating lady, Marjorie Jackson when she was releasing her book and now this girl. I only just realised this was a pattern and it seems kinda sad. 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

Sierra is 29 still I think (or just turned 30). Kristen Young is 27. So they are definitely contemporaries. 

Joy is 22 and Marjorie 21 and they were both younger during the friendship times.

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Sierra is 29 still I think (or just turned 30).

She turned 30 on September 10.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

If Sierra spent, just a little less time trying to be famous, she might actually have time to do all the stuff she whines about not having time to do.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, Bethella said:

She turned 30 on September 10.

And she could easily give birth to  5-7 more kids to cram into that rental house, unless she and Mark wise the hell up.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

On 12/23/2019 at 8:54 AM, HideousGreenShirt said:

Am I the only one who assumed he relapsed when that happened?

• Upvote 2

How long do we have to go without any interaction between Sierra and the Duggars before she’s moved over to Quiver Full of Snark?

• Upvote 10

On 12/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, HideousGreenShirt said:

That Georgia person is 20. I don't see anything wrong with having age-gap friends, but Sierra seems to periodically attach herself to some young, up and coming female (in the Christian influencer circle). 

We saw her do it with Jessa, Kristen-antivax-Young, Joy for a hot minute (presumably just for a show storyline), the cookie decorating lady, Marjorie Jackson when she was releasing her book and now this girl. I only just realised this was a pattern and it seems kinda sad. 

Sierra LIVES to stay relevant.  She would kill to have her own reality TV show featuring her and her family.  She obviously thinks very highly of herself.  She brags on herself a lot.  If you don’t already, follow her IG and while you’re there, be sure to check out her IG stories and tutorials/rambling/whatever.  I’m convinced that the girl is wacko.  
I’m sure everything that I just said about her here has already been said at least once.  I’m just now finding out that there’s a thread about Sierra, and I’m just so excited that there are people who will join me in snarking on her!!?

On 12/27/2019 at 10:04 AM, BadMurphy said:

Am I the only one who assumed he relapsed when that happened?

I thought “he’s been drinking again on the sly and it has caught up with him in the form of a bleeding ulcer.”  I figured I was the only one who thought that, because I myself am an addict/alcoholic in recovery and that’s just where my brain goes frequently.

On 12/27/2019 at 9:36 AM, HereticHick said:

And she could easily give birth to  5-7 more kids to cram into that rental house, unless she and Mark wise the hell up.

They RENT that house?  WTH is their money coming from, is what I want to know!  Mark is a flipping furniture salesman; he cannot be making that much money!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 11/15/2019 at 11:54 AM, JesSky03 said:

My husband is a recovering alcoholic. We are expecting our 2nd child together- he had three years sobriety, relapsed, and now has about 6 months sobriety under his belt (and I'm 7 months pregnant). Has divorce ever crossed my mind? Yes, in the early days of discovering his addiction it certainly crossed my mind and we fought and argued and came close a dozen times but eventually we arrived at a place where we have accepted his disease as a disease that affects us both and decided to conquer the problem together. We communicate, he doesn't hide his drinking from me anymore, he is seeing a counselor on a bi-weekly basis, and it is very much "our problem", not "his problem". I have mentioned it on here before and I'm sure there are people who judge me and my decision to stay, to continue to have children with this man, and do not understand why or how I could tolerate it but that's fine. They don't have to understand. They are not here, inside my relationship on a daily basis. They haven't seen how we have grown and changed and overcome multiple difficulties over the past 12 years. They have not seen how hard my husband works to maintain his sobriety and not let it affect his work, school, kids, or me. It so easy to judge from the outside. I'm sure we have looked miserable together at times, and we probably were, but we have never stopped loving each other and we continue come out the other side of whatever life throws at us. My husband mainly keeps his addiction a secret from people in real life because he fears this kind of judgement and unsolicited opinions. He finally told his mom after reaching 3 years of sobriety but still couldn't bring himself to tell anyone else in the family. I sometimes think the secrecy hinders his recovery process but I also understand how the judgement and change in demeanor from people who know could hinder it as well. 

Sorry to come down so hard, I know I wasn't being personally attacked but your comment struck a nerve. Anyway, I hope Kristen's husband is okay, that must have been really scary. 

I’ve heard it said more than once in the rooms of NA/AA and in rehab, “Our secrets keep us sick.” That said, I rarely tell anyone that I’m a recovering addict/alcoholic because of the negativity and stigma associated with the disease.  I’m wishing your husband the best in his effort to stay sober.  I admire you greatly for sticking with him and supporting him during his struggles.  My mother chose to stay married to my father, who was a raving alcoholic.  After many, many tries at sobriety, he finally went to rehab and when he died he was 22 years sober.  I hope your husband can have that many years and more of sobriety/recovery.

• Love 21

48 minutes ago, Farmgal4 said:

I’ve heard it said more than once in the rooms of NA/AA and in rehab, “Our secrets keep us sick.” That said, I rarely tell anyone that I’m a recovering addict/alcoholic because of the negativity and stigma associated with the disease.  I’m wishing your husband the best in his effort to stay sober.  I admire you greatly for sticking with him and supporting him during his struggles.  My mother chose to stay married to my father, who was a raving alcoholic.  After many, many tries at sobriety, he finally went to rehab and when he died he was 22 years sober.  I hope your husband can have that many years and more of sobriety/recovery.

Thanks! I do hope one day my husband feels more comfortable being open about his addiction. I know he does find telling people about it relieving but he's only comfortable right now telling people outside of our family. His family is a big trigger for him because they can be judgmental and critical so I understand his hesitation. My own family has a few alcoholics and probable alcoholics so telling them wouldn't offer any additional support. I gave up alcohol myself about 5 years ago in solidarity with my husband (and for personal reasons as well) so its easier for us to just tell people we no longer drink as a couple. Alcoholism is such a hard disease to navigate...I truly feel for anyone suffering or who knows someone is suffering. 

• Love 17

8 hours ago, Farmgal4 said:

They RENT that house?  WTH is their money coming from, is what I want to know!  Mark is a flipping furniture salesman; he cannot be making that much money!

Renting a home in NWA isn't going to be that expensive. I'm sure they spend less than $1500k a month on rent, and I'm sure they are in debt up to their eyeballs, with 1 job and 7 kids.  Here is 1 example of a rental home in Springdale, AR. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic