IGNORED

Sierra 3: Paddle Faster I Hear Banjos

Coconut Flan

Poor, pitiful Sierra.  Yet again, on IG, she’s lamenting on how very difficult her life is.  She really is starved for attention and sympathy, isn’t she?  It’s her son’s birthday, but she’s celebrating it by having her own little pity party.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

She just posted about Brooks getting stitches twice in the past few months. Can someone do a rough estimate on the recent Dominguez medical expenses please? Here's what we're calculating:

-Brooks getting 9 stitches in September and then 11 last week (accidental mouth and head injuries). 

-Merrick hospital birth

-Thrush doctor visit and meds 

-Merrick airlift and 7-8 day stay at Little Rock hospital. 

Of all the things that interest me about their insane family situation, finances are at the very top of the list. 

• Upvote 23

I understand that little kids are fast and you can't always get to them before they hurt themselves.  That being said, a lot of the time you CAN get to them if you're not overwhelmed by too many children.  That little boy has had a lot of stitches to only be two years old.  

Watch him better, Sierra, and consider birth control.  You're too stressed already.

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

@Xan that was my immediate thought too. Having so many kids is bound to end in accidents, there is simply no way that one adult can pay enough attention to them all. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Mark is a recovering alcoholic? How did I miss this? 

No, Kristen Young's husband is. We discuss her inside this topic too (though she could probably use her own post by now...)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

She just posted about Brooks getting stitches twice in the past few months. Can someone do a rough estimate on the recent Dominguez medical expenses please? Here's what we're calculating:

-Brooks getting 9 stitches in September and then 11 last week (accidental mouth and head injuries). 

-Merrick hospital birth

Of all the things that interest me about their insane family situation, finances are at the very top of the list. 

The medical helicopter transport alone costs thousands of dollars. I, too, would love to know about their financial situation.

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, Farmgal4 said:

The medical helicopter transport alone costs thousands of dollars. I, too, would love to know about their financial situation.

Life flights can cost between 12 and 25 thousand dollars and insurance doesn't always cover them. They're not even automatically covered by most insurance and before using one doctors have to contact insurance for approval or else the full cost could fall to you. It's a disgusting practice when you literally could die for this flight. No one takes an air ambulance for shits and giggles.

And that's assuming they have insurance from his employer and it's decent. 

https://www.thebalance.com/does-your-insurance-cover-an-air-ambulance-2645679

Edited by Peaches-n-Beans
edited to add
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 3

I'm wondering if they are eligible for the ARKids First Program, which is Medicaid for kids in Arkansas and covers Life Flights (emergency transportation by helicopter) for kids "if only needed to stay alive or to prevent further serious damage to your health".  (page 37 in manual)

There are two ArKids First programs-ArKids First A which is straight Medicaid for Children, or ArKids First B, which is "for people who make too much money to get Medicaid, but do not have health insurance for their children". (page 3 in manual)

If Mark's job has health insurance that only covers him and Sierra (there are companies that do this to cut costs), the kids would be eligible for ArKids First B-at least according to the Arkansas Medicaid Manual.

https://humanservices.arkansas.gov/images/uploads/dms/Medicaid_Beneficiary_Handbook_Singles.pdf    

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Big Sis?!?!?!

She says in the comments that they're just "sisters in Christ". ?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

23 minutes ago, indianabones said:

She says in the comments that they're just "sisters in Christ". ?

That’s slightly better. I was afraid it was genetic. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I'm wondering if they are eligible for the ARKids First Program, which is Medicaid for kids in Arkansas and covers Life Flights (emergency transportation by helicopter) for kids "if only needed to stay alive or to prevent further serious damage to your health".  (page 37 in manual)

There are two ArKids First programs-ArKids First A which is straight Medicaid for Children, or ArKids First B, which is "for people who make too much money to get Medicaid, but do not have health insurance for their children". (page 3 in manual)

If Mark's job has health insurance that only covers him and Sierra (there are companies that do this to cut costs), the kids would be eligible for ArKids First B-at least according to the Arkansas Medicaid Manual.

https://humanservices.arkansas.gov/images/uploads/dms/Medicaid_Beneficiary_Handbook_Singles.pdf    

I feel like with that many kids and only one job they must be eligible but the question is would they use it. I had fundie and some fundie light friends who would not use these services even if they qualified. I don't really understand their logic behind denying them but it was something about not wanting the government involved.

I hope they do use one of these programs or get good insurance, but either way that life flight was insanely expensive, and they'll probably have to contest it. Because though doctors are supposed to request insurance cover them before the flight, the very nature of needing one of these things is not "Well lets submit it and wait a few hours or so until we hear back."

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

So some time ago Sierra went all over the top extra with Marie Kondoing her home, including forcing it on her kids.  Noticed on Instagram that the entertainment center/book shelf again looked like a bomb went off on it.  Crap everywhere.  And I get it.  Heck at times that my resemble my own life.  But then I didn’t hop on Instagram and do loads of video about how I organized my home.  So what was that, another instance of Sierra hopping on a bandwagon and trying to be relevant while stressing herself out in the process?  She needs to stop trying so danged hard for the clicks, hearts and follows on social media.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I purpose to work the phrase "scripture soaked" into a conversation today.

challenge accepted

• Upvote 2

On 12/29/2019 at 2:26 PM, HideousGreenShirt said:

-Merrick hospital birth

But Trump voter?

• Thank You 1
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I feel like with that many kids and only one job they must be eligible but the question is would they use it. I had fundie and some fundie light friends who would not use these services even if they qualified. I don't really understand their logic behind denying them but it was something about not wanting the government involved.

I hope they do use one of these programs or get good insurance, but either way that life flight was insanely expensive, and they'll probably have to contest it. Because though doctors are supposed to request insurance cover them before the flight, the very nature of needing one of these things is not "Well lets submit it and wait a few hours or so until we hear back."

I think a lot of these fundies take government handouts and never disclose it to the public.  Take Duggars last kid - her bills would have been close to a million or Zsu going to the local food bank.  What about Nathan Maxwell’s wife high risk pregnancies?  There are a ton of Government programs out there for pregnant women and children. I was shocked when Derick did not have Jill covered in his Walmart plan when she gave birth to his first kid.  Or, he is full of it & the plan did cover the medical expenses.  

I am sure fundies are signing up for government benefits especially since they own homes and have other assets. 

There is also no way Samaritan Ministries is absorbing these bills.  I would think SM would direct people to government benefits & whatever is not paid the SM members cover.   

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I agree with Tator Tot, there are a lot of programs that they are probably enrolled in.   Food stamps, WIC, Medicaid health insurance, ironically all the programs the politicians they support want to cut.  They probably pay 0 federal income tax, just FICA ( Social Security) withholding on Marks salary.    

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

I was shocked when Derick did not have Jill covered in his Walmart plan when she gave birth to his first kid.  Or, he is full of it & the plan did cover the medical expenses.  

Derick’s complaining about the cost of Sam’s birth, not Israel’s. As far as we know, Derick’s health insurance through Wal-Mart did cover Israel’s birth. Sam was born after he left Wal-Mart. He’s said on Twitter that they did have health insurance, but it didn’t cover all the costs. That’s not surprising, since it was probably crappy self-pay insurance and Sam’s birth seems to have been complicated.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Actually, Derick's hospital bill rant was about Izzy's birth.  It was around the time Sam was born, but definitely about Izzy.  He said they did have insurance, but there was a high deductible.  

Jill responded to a fan in Nov on IG, who asked if she would be appearing more on the show since she was on Ivy's birth special.  She said she wouldn't, and 'they stepped away shortly before the birth of our second child', so I don't think Sam's birth was filmed.  If this is true, there should have been no expectation that TLC would 'help out'.  

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
wordz r tuff
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I agree with Tator Tot, there are a lot of programs that they are probably enrolled in.   Food stamps, WIC, Medicaid health insurance, ironically all the programs the politicians they support want to cut.  They probably pay 0 federal income tax, just FICA ( Social Security) withholding on Marks salary.    

Because they deserve them. No problem with government programs, just people who unlike themselves don't deserve it. Hence Trump.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Sierra and hubby went bowling with another couple according to facebook... Couple things: please make "Momma Girl" stop. "Grace Lanes" sounds like a super special christian only bowling alley. I wouldn't be surprised. Bible verses on the balls? The pins are shaped like scientists?

Edited by Eternalbluepearl
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic