IGNORED

Sierra 3: Paddle Faster I Hear Banjos

Coconut Flan

On 12/7/2019 at 8:11 PM, snickerz said:

FYI you wrote this in the archives. You may want to post again in the current Sierra thread: 

Thank you! I’m sorry. I’m really new here lol I’ve never participated in forums like these before. It’s a bit challenging, tbh. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, HA88 said:

Confession I watch Sierra's stories on instagram. She did a demonstration of meal prep, and used regular butter on the broccoli and said she knew it wasn't dairy free, but it was a small amount, and she wasn't going to buy a dairy free option just for her. Maybe she already had that protein powder, and wasn't interested in wasting it, or realized it contained dairy too late (after opening and using it) and couldn't return it.

I have done different diets over the years for migraines, and it can be an expense buying gluten free (GF) and dairy free (DF) products just for yourself, when the rest of the family eats those things. Making separate meals for yourself, or a GF DF option can be time consuming.

For anyone who is dairy free I highly recommend Earth Balance "butter" it is GF, DF, vegan and you can get a soy free option. For reasonably priced GF products I love Aldi's their brand Live G Free is delicious. 

I watch them too. They’re so cringeworthy, and idk why but I have a weird urge to see the cringe lol 

• I Agree 3

I can't believe Sierra isn't at least a FabFitFun partner or shilling other Fundie approved sponsored content. Correct me if I'm wrong (I can't make it through her crazy long Instagram stories) but I don't recall her ever selling anything.

Honestly, I wonder why not. No one's biting? She's too big of a mess? Not a great photographer? She's morally opposed to using her children for monetary gain? (Strongly doubt that one)

If she's going to be publicly posting about her life and her children 24/7 anyway, she might as well make a real go at it and bring in a little extra income.

• Upvote 8

21 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I can't believe Sierra isn't at least a FabFitFun partner or shilling other Fundie approved sponsored content. Correct me if I'm wrong (I can't make it through her crazy long Instagram stories) but I don't recall her ever selling anything.

Honestly, I wonder why not. No one's biting? She's too big of a mess? Not a great photographer? She's morally opposed to using her children for monetary gain? (Strongly doubt that one)

If she's going to be publicly posting about her life and her children 24/7 anyway, she might as well make a real go at it and bring in a little extra income.

Oh, she tried selling both Lipsense and  Luluroe back in the day.  (maybe 2 kids ago)  And then I remember her trying to offload her Luluroe inventory. I think she realized that she wasn't making money at either of them.

She does still promote clothing for some boutique near her parents in Missouri (example: 

And here is one of her old Lipsense posts: 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Those purple sandals are hideous. 

I remember when Lipsense was a huge deal here. I was tempted to try it, but couple of my friends did and warned me off of it. The alcohol dried out their lips so bad. 

• Upvote 8

On 12/9/2019 at 4:26 PM, Screamapillar said:

Besides the MLMs, she’s also tried selling mail-order homemade sweets. There were some hideously overpriced chocolate-covered strawberries. Her biggest mistake was “a cupcake in a glass” - some customers had them break during shipping. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Sierra, Mark and the two oldest boys made the Cones of Dunshire on her Instagram stories. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191211_144216.thumb.jpg.605c062dc2e1cf4b2e2bb5ed9a3e0598.jpgScreenshot_20191211_144247.thumb.jpg.7fb3ac5534084fd4e07cb3d99b899ec8.jpgScreenshot_20191211_144236.thumb.jpg.081627526819328bca5dbf7e11b2305f.jpg

I like homemade decor, but these just look like Ben Wyatt's vision come to life in a festive edition. 

For anyone who doesn't know:

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Additional thought
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

I thought it looked like one more project she imposed on her already busy, overloaded schedule and then 'grammed it for the sake of attention.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

I thought it looked like one more project she imposed on her already busy, overloaded schedule and then 'grammed it for the sake of attention.

True. That said, I thought they were really pretty. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

They made the cones in the bathroom. That means the younger kids and dog (who is not potty trained) were left without supervision.

• Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

Ok maybe kind of BEC, but I feel secondhand embarrassment for her over those lemon earrings and her saying "tryna".  Just stop Sierra.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I just saw Sierra at Wal-Mart. Disclaimer I hate Wal-Mart but needed something fast. Anyway, there was Sierra. All by herself with 7 kids. ?At least I think there were 7... hard to tell. She looked pretty flustered but I used to take 3 kids shopping alone and that was hard enough so I can imagine. I kind of feel sorry for her, although she did it to herself. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, ati_escapee said:

I just saw Sierra at Wal-Mart. Disclaimer I hate Wal-Mart but needed something fast. Anyway, there was Sierra. All by herself with 7 kids. ?At least I think there were 7... hard to tell. She looked pretty flustered but I used to take 3 kids shopping alone and that was hard enough so I can imagine. I kind of feel sorry for her, although she did it to herself. 

Woah...is it the first time youve seen her?

Gotta go on a short rant here. I absolutely get how sad it it when a member of one’s community is murdered and how the killing of a police officer especially can feel like one’s whole town is targeted. Also, every death is sad for the family and friends of the deceased.

Still, both Sierra and now Jed Duggar (the guy running for office) posting about a murdered police officer on their Instagram accounts strikes me as... I don’t know how to describe it exactly.

Ok, let me explain where I’m coming from here: Of course no one has time to name every injustice and every issue of social importance, but have we ever heard JD or Sierra share a single prayer or message of support for Americans who get killed BY members of the police force? Have we ever observed Sierra or Jed Duggar using their public profiles to highlight the plight of people truly in danger, truly marginalized, truly in need of support? POC, women, minorities? Oh no, Sierra and her ilk go to their fucking pro life rallies and express their sympathy when white Christians get killed but other people don’t seem to be worthy of their time. That’s what I find so disgusting. 

Here’s a screenshot of Sierra’s recent post on the matter. People standing together for this person signifies her America? Really? I’m sure when a woman is severely harmed emotionally or physically because she has no access to an abortion or when black people are executed by racist cops, that’s so insignificant she can’t be bothered to mention it. That’s not her America after all. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure the public support for the dead police officer it’s a ray of hope in this time of sadness for his family and I’m happy people care. What enrages me though is how utterly one-sided these far-right fundies are. The group of people they show any respect for is just so tiny. 

0BBD6D9D-0C5E-4852-B2FA-8191152621AD.png

Edited by FluffySnowball
at war with autocorrect
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

23 hours ago, scarlettphoenix said:

True. That said, I thought they were really pretty. 

I think they’re pretty, too. It looks like a good project for the older kids, excepting being unsupervised on the bathroom floor.

19 hours ago, WarriorJane said:

Ok maybe kind of BEC, but I feel secondhand embarrassment for her over those lemon earrings and her saying "tryna".  Just stop Sierra.  

That word confused me for a few seconds; I initially thought it was someone’s name, perhaps pronounced “Treena,” before I realized it was just slang.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, scarlettphoenix said:

Woah...is it the first time youve seen her?

Yes, I hadn't ever seen her before. I've seen random Duggar's out and about but not Sierra.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Still, both Sierra and now Jed Duggar (the guy running for office) posting about a murdered police officer on their Instagram accounts strikes me as... I don’t know how to describe it exactly.

Exploitative?

I completely agree with you, it's gross.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Exploitative?

I completely agree with you, it's gross.

P A N D E R I N G

• Upvote 3

On 12/11/2019 at 3:44 PM, HideousGreenShirt said:

Sierra, Mark and the two oldest boys made the Cones of Dunshire on her Instagram stories. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20191211_144216.thumb.jpg.605c062dc2e1cf4b2e2bb5ed9a3e0598.jpgScreenshot_20191211_144247.thumb.jpg.7fb3ac5534084fd4e07cb3d99b899ec8.jpgScreenshot_20191211_144236.thumb.jpg.081627526819328bca5dbf7e11b2305f.jpg

I like homemade decor, but these just look like Ben Wyatt's vision come to life in a festive edition. 

For anyone who doesn't know:

Oh I love Ben!

• I Agree 3

On 12/12/2019 at 6:23 PM, ati_escapee said:

Yes, I hadn't ever seen her before. I've seen random Duggar's out and about but not Sierra.

Oh wow. Details on Duggar sightings? 
I do hope you didn’t defraud the poor poor Duggar boys. 

Please say y’all have seen the insta highlights story where Sierra shows people how to curl their hair like hers, and heard the part where she gets all up close to the camera!

My eyes and ears hurt. I have secondhand embarrassment that will never go away.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, scarlettphoenix said:

Oh wow. Details on Duggar sightings? 
I do hope you didn’t defraud the poor poor Duggar boys. 

Please say y’all have seen the insta highlights story where Sierra shows people how to curl their hair like hers, and heard the part where she gets all up close to the camera!

My eyes and ears hurt. I have secondhand embarrassment that will never go away.

Duggar sightings. I have nothing interesting to share (because they aren't interesting) but I'm happy to share anyway. 

I saw Joy and the younger girls with Gideon a few days ago. I was offered a free sample of wine, and happened to turn around and see them. ?The probably prayed for me. Fun fact, they called Josie "JoJo." I don't know if they do that on the show, I don't watch it. 

I most likely DID defraud the poor Duggar boys last summer.  The Duggar's seem to like to hang out in my neighborhood a lot, which is weird because none of them live here. They showed one of the kids learning to drive here on the show, and one of the daughters (Joy, I had to go look) had photos on IG that were taken here too. Again, none of them live here that I am aware of, so it's kind of weird. Anyway, I went for a walk sometime last summer which is something that I do a lot. Out in front of me, I saw 3 people jogging side by side on the sidewalk. I saw a skirt and immediately thought "who jogs in a skirt besides the Duggars??" Well, it was Johanna and two boys. I think Jed and James but I could be wrong. It wasn't Josh, JD, Justin, or Jackson, so two of the other 4. I thought they would move as they approached me but they just kept coming!! I had to jump off the sidewalk. Weird. I guess they thought it was their sidewalk and not meant for some heathen lady wearing SHORTS. 

I've seen Lauren out and about wearing flip flops when it was 20 degrees.

A few years ago, I saw Anna and Josh with Joy and some of the boys. ?This was before the scandal. I haven't seen them since and hope I don't. That was in Branson, MO where they visit a lot. Especially to avoid scandals. ?

OH! I saw Jana in the liquor aisle at a store. I'm sure she was buying something else, but we can pretend she was buying wine. I'm sure she needs it. She had Josie, Jennifer and Johanna with her. 

I've never seen JB and Michelle, even though I've seen their younger kids several times. 

That's all that I can remember. As I said, nothing interesting. My husband seems them more than I do because he has a job where he goes to different houses. That sounds weirder than it actually is. He has never watched the show and doesn't know anything about them other that what I tell him, or what other people who he works with tell him. They aren't well liked from what I can tell. We've only been in NWA for a year and a half. Despite the Duggars being here, it's a great place to live and absolutely nothing like how it's portrayed on the show. ;) 

On 12/16/2019 at 5:47 AM, FluffySnowball said:

“They’re online shop”? Really, Sierra? REALLY???? :eyewash:

000A4652-CD06-478E-A711-299E01A9E432.jpeg

Wow. She didn't fix it either. You would think that someone would tell her. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7

I have searched and can't find anything concrete except that he delivers furniture but, what is the holy heck does Sierra's husband do for a living???  They seem to have plenty of money even without her working and all those kids????  Am I missing something???

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, thiscouldabeenme said:

I have searched and can't find anything concrete except that he delivers furniture but, what is the holy heck does Sierra's husband do for a living???  They seem to have plenty of money even without her working and all those kids????  Am I missing something???

I was wondering this myself. I didn't know that he delivered furniture. If he has a job that requires a CDL, it might pay pretty well. There are a lot of CDL jobs in the area so the pay is competitive. I know this because my husband has one. That being said, we are a two income household and "only" have three kids. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic