Gwen Shamblin Lara 9: Perfecting Hypocrisy

Coconut Flan

Gwod wants you to be infantile 

Spoiler

Looking to God

September 12, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We are continuing the discussion from yesterday on how to have a great morning.

Once you are ready for the day, before you leave the bedroom, you must pray the Lord’s Prayer to be led not into temptation for idols and to be sure you have nothing but forgiveness and mercy and patience for others. In this way, you fulfill the Law and the Prophets and all that God has asked of you.

How is this accomplished? I will give you the Truth from the Word. When you surrender your old life of anger and pick up the new life of love along with a control of the tongue, then you will be able to do what is right that day. So much of it is learning to depend on God rather than man for your bread for the day. Notice the Lord’s Prayer, “Give us this day our daily bread.” It does not tell you to look to others—such as looking to your employer to give you a satisfying and well-paying job or looking to your siblings to do all the chores or looking to your parents to give you inheritance…but rather, “Dear God, give us this day our daily bread.” We are not to be independent and lean on ourselves and our own smarts, but rather, we are to lean on the Father. That means our real job description is to be childlike.

Not sure why we need to pray for the daily bread if you're not supposed to eat anything

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I’m actually kind of surprised that Gwen Shamblin Lara, head of the Remnant Fellowship anorexia-glorifying cult, even says The Lord’s Prayer.(I’ve been in churches that believe that it’s only an example of how to pray, not one that you’re supposed to say word-for-word).

• Upvote 5

It seems like her devotionals are actually sounding MORE cult-like as time goes on. For a long time they were 50% "normal" and 50% crazy RF theology... but as time goes on she's starting to sound more like a cult leader. Now she's literally instructing people in the exact routine they should have when they wake up?

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwod wants you to be infantile 

Hide contents

Looking to God

September 12, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We are continuing the discussion from yesterday on how to have a great morning.

Once you are ready for the day, before you leave the bedroom, you must pray the Lord’s Prayer to be led not into temptation for idols and to be sure you have nothing but forgiveness and mercy and patience for others. In this way, you fulfill the Law and the Prophets and all that God has asked of you.

How is this accomplished? I will give you the Truth from the Word. When you surrender your old life of anger and pick up the new life of love along with a control of the tongue, then you will be able to do what is right that day. So much of it is learning to depend on God rather than man for your bread for the day. Notice the Lord’s Prayer, “Give us this day our daily bread.” It does not tell you to look to others—such as looking to your employer to give you a satisfying and well-paying job or looking to your siblings to do all the chores or looking to your parents to give you inheritance…but rather, “Dear God, give us this day our daily bread.” We are not to be independent and lean on ourselves and our own smarts, but rather, we are to lean on the Father. That means our real job description is to be childlike.

Not sure why we need to pray for the daily bread if you're not supposed to eat anything

This should come as no surprise , if she is a cult leader , like we here believe her to be .   What the heads of cults will be inclined to do is to age regress their followers .  As the BITE model  points out , this falls under thought control . 

. Hypnotic techniques are used to alter mental states, undermine critical thinking and even to age regress the member . 

And as Swiss psychologist , Alice Miller , mentioned , 

Thus they sparked off a conflagration they were unable to control, much less extinguish. First, they had learned how to reduce people to the emotional state of the helpless child. Once they had achieved that, they also learned how to use unconscious regression to exercise total control over their victims.  From then on, what they did seemed to come automatically, in accordance, with the child-rearing patterns instilled into them in their own childhood.

http://sylvieshene.blogspot.com/2011/08/gurus-and-cults-leaders-how-they.html .  

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, smittykins said:

I’m actually kind of surprised that Gwen Shamblin Lara, head of the Remnant Fellowship anorexia-glorifying cult, even says The Lord’s Prayer.(I’ve been in churches that believe that it’s only an example of how to pray, not one that you’re supposed to say word-for-word).

It's often called the Disciples' Prayer, but I'm not at all surprised she uses it.  Jesus taught under the law, and  Gwen still does.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Once you are ready for the day, before you leave the bedroom, you must pray the Lord’s Prayer to be led not into temptation for idols and to be sure you have nothing but forgiveness and mercy and patience for others. In this way, you fulfill the Law and the Prophets and all that God has asked of you.

I've been watching Mr Atheist and he specifically addresses those who do this sort of morning ritual of self indoctrinating. He grew up mormon and his family started their day with morning prayer as many, probably most, mormon families do. I'm paraphrasing here but he said that it was a very effective tool in making sure to close his mind off to any information that could possibly make him question any part of his faith. It is essentially permission to stop thinking critically.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

More about avoiding critical thinking: 

Spoiler

Relying on God

September 13, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

In Proverbs it says, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

When you lean not to your own understanding but rather to God all day, expectations and anger go away. When anger is gone and love is present, you are a light to the world, and you do not bring negativity or pessimism to those around you. It is wrong to complain and be negative. That will eat up your life and ruin your day. Being complaining, grouchy and irritable means that you are not focused on God and are not depending on Him. Complaining is the clear sign you have lost your focus. Start the day with a dependency and focus only on God. This focus will become stronger and stronger, and your words will become more positive every day.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

23 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

Relying on God

September 13, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

In Proverbs it says, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

When you lean not to your own understanding but rather to ME all day, expectations and anger go away. When anger is gone and love is present, you are a light to the world, and you do not bring negativity or pessimism to those around you. It is wrong to complain and be negative. That will eat up your life and ruin your day. Being complaining, grouchy and irritable means that you are not focused on ME and are not depending on ME. Complaining is the clear sign you have lost your focus. Start the day with a dependency and focus only on ME. This focus will become stronger and stronger, and your words will become more positive every day.

I changed the words under the hidden content. This is what she wants to write. 

Edited by Botkinetti
  • Upvote 7

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

Relying on God

September 13, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

When you lean not to your own understanding but rather to God all day, expectations and anger go away. When anger is gone and love is present, you are a light to the world, and you do not bring negativity or pessimism to those around you. It is wrong to complain and be negative. That will eat up your life and ruin your day. Being complaining, grouchy and irritable means that you are not focused on God and are not depending on Him. Complaining is the clear sign you have lost your focus. Start the day with a dependency and focus only on God. This focus will become stronger and stronger, and your words will become more positive every day.

This yet again falls under thought control , as mentioned in the BITE model  .  

Allow only positive thoughts   Reject rational analysis, critical thinking, & doubt 

P.S. Speaking of what I referred to a little while ago about the cult leader assuming a parental role , in relation to his or her following , I am reminded of this video of teens from the Children of God cult singing a song dedicated to their leader David Berg . Only one of the girls is his actual granddaughter , but they all still refer to him as " dad" . If any of you want to watch it , here it is .   

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3

SGI is one of the cultiest cults ever, with its worship of Daisaku Ikeda as a basic requirement. Nobody even knows if he is dead or alive, he would be well into his nineties if still living.  Jehovah Witnessess are interesting because their parental authority is the governing body, a group of eight men (always men), and not a specific individual. Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara is the very emodiment of a cult leader and Remnant Fellowship is the very embodiment of a cult, all of which discourage or outright forbid consumption of critical information or questioning of practices and doctrines. It's all about control, control, control. If you follow the money, you will see why cult leaders mind fuck their victims. 

• Upvote 12

Gwod wants you to  write  reminders to pray on every sheet of paper you see

Spoiler

How to Have Peace and a Grateful Heart

September 14, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

When we depend on God and Christ for all things every minute of the day—with any obstacles, with any oppositions, with any hardships—then we will not project and cause a problem by blaming others. We will be at peace. And when you learn to do these things, you will have graduated from the hardest and most difficult subject in the school of life. There is no university that could assist your life or eternal life more than this training. This topic must be the reminder on every cell phone or device or on every sheet of paper. To have proper behavior and etiquette, you must pray without ceasing…all day long. And when you do this, you give your first frustrations of the day and your last frustrations of the day to God in the name of Jesus Christ. In doing this, you will watch all anxiousness and frustration and fears leave because God is working and answering your prayers thru Jesus Christ. He is taking care of everything. This turns your worry into ecstatic joy because you have the Most Powerful Creator out there working for you and taking care of everything.

To get God’s Spirit and then depend on Him hour by hour will clean you up on the inside. It will end complaining and anger. Look to Him, and all concerns will be resolved, and then all of these behaviors you have been trying to stop will disappear.

I don't know why people who pray all day long without ceasing would need reminders, they could hardly forget

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

This topic must be the reminder on every cell phone or device or on every sheet of paper.

There's an app for that?  :angelic-halofell:

• Haha 8

This topic must be the reminder on every cell phone or device or on every sheet of paper.

Hey, Gwen - here's my list of reminders for the day, with the names of students removed:

Spoiler

Sat., 9/14 – do next week's lesson plans

finish Careless Whisper arrangement for _____

Finish Cruel Angel’s Thesis arrangement, Make a C minor reading/writing assn. to go with it for ________

Send listening and general plan to __________ (new students)

Pay quarterly taxes

Water plants

I will also play on FJ, enjoy my pets, chat with my Mom, eat a healthful and delicious dinner, and relax in jammies, without needing to dress up in colors you dictate and uncomfortable shoes to match.

Sounds like the rest of my day will be more productive, honest (do you pay taxes, Gwen, or do you claim exemption as a church?) and enjoyable than yours, or that of anyone in your cult.

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwod wants you to  write  reminders to pray on every sheet of paper you see

Hide contents

How to Have Peace and a Grateful Heart

September 14, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

When we depend on God and Christ for all things every minute of the day—with any obstacles, with any oppositions, with any hardships—then we will not project and cause a problem by blaming others. We will be at peace. And when you learn to do these things, you will have graduated from the hardest and most difficult subject in the school of life. There is no university that could assist your life or eternal life more than this training. This topic must be the reminder on every cell phone or device or on every sheet of paper. To have proper behavior and etiquette, you must pray without ceasing…all day long. And when you do this, you give your first frustrations of the day and your last frustrations of the day to God in the name of Jesus Christ. In doing this, you will watch all anxiousness and frustration and fears leave because God is working and answering your prayers thru Jesus Christ. He is taking care of everything. This turns your worry into ecstatic joy because you have the Most Powerful Creator out there working for you and taking care of everything.

To get God’s Spirit and then depend on Him hour by hour will clean you up on the inside. It will end complaining and anger. Look to Him, and all concerns will be resolved, and then all of these behaviors you have been trying to stop will disappear.

I don't know why people who pray all day long without ceasing would need reminders, they could hardly forget

On the BITE model  , this falls under thought control .  

7. Teaching thought-stopping techniques which shut down reality testing by stopping negative thoughts and allowing only positive thoughts, including: 
   a. Denial, rationalization, justification, wishful thinking 
   b. Chanting 
   c. Meditating 
   d. Praying 
   e. Speaking in tongues 
   f. Singing or humming 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

Hey, Gwen - here's my list of reminders for the day, with the names of students removed:

Hide contents

Sat., 9/14 – do next week's lesson plans

finish Careless Whisper arrangement for _____

Finish Cruel Angel’s Thesis arrangement, Make a C minor reading/writing assn. to go with it for ________

Send listening and general plan to __________ (new students)

Pay quarterly taxes

Water plants

I will also play on FJ, enjoy my pets, chat with my Mom, eat a healthful and delicious dinner, and relax in jammies, without needing to dress up in colors you dictate and uncomfortable shoes to match.

Sounds like the rest of my day will be more productive, honest (do you pay taxes, Gwen, or do you claim exemption as a church?) and enjoyable than yours, or that of anyone in your cult.

I saw/heard an interview some years ago on

television, and Gwen Shamblin wouldn't shut up about how she had to pay taxes on her WeighDown business income. My thoughts are that she founded the Remnant Fellowship cult as a means of cheating the IRS.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 9

I find myself unable to fulfil Gwod's direction today as I have no  younger siblings who need help to get dressed or and to find their schoolbooks. 

Spoiler

Spreading His Light to Others

September 15, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Having a new life—this dependence, this love, this turning to God and obeying Him—covers the first four of the Ten Commandments. With these foundational characteristics in place, you may leave your bedroom. You are now ready to open up the door and face the world, ready to put into practice the last six of the Ten Commandments and be a glorious, successful light to all men on Earth. If your brothers and sisters who are right outside your bedroom door need help, the most commended goal for you is to consider the needs of your siblings. This is putting the highest Law first in the earliest part of your day, and your Heavenly Father sees this and will reward you because you are spending this beautiful day to glorify Him and spread His light to the world. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4 Looking for how you can help others get ready for their day’s work sets a beautiful example, and you are living out the Law. You can help make lunches or help a younger sibling get dressed; you can encourage them and help them find needed articles of clothing or school books or whatever they may need for the day. This makes everyone’s day better!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

Interesting to watch in the video Gwen get so defensive over her indulgent lifestyle. When asked about all her cars she starts off with "Is it wrong to have a dependable car?" but when he presses her on how many expensive cars she has she just starts almost shouting "I prayed about it!" 

So from this we learn you can be a glutton if you pray about it. Anyone from RF want to come confirm or deny that teaching of Gwen's? Or explain how she can live a life of indulgence by praying on it but I couldn't have a piece of cake if I did the same? 

• Upvote 14

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I find myself unable to fulfil Gwod's direction today as I have no  younger siblings who need help to get dressed or and to find their schoolbooks. 

Reveal hidden contents

Spreading His Light to Others

September 15, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Having a new life—this dependence, this love, this turning to God and obeying Him—covers the first four of the Ten Commandments. With these foundational characteristics in place, you may leave your bedroom. You are now ready to open up the door and face the world, ready to put into practice the last six of the Ten Commandments and be a glorious, successful light to all men on Earth. If your brothers and sisters who are right outside your bedroom door need help, the most commended goal for you is to consider the needs of your siblings. This is putting the highest Law first in the earliest part of your day, and your Heavenly Father sees this and will reward you because you are spending this beautiful day to glorify Him and spread His light to the world. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4 Looking for how you can help others get ready for their day’s work sets a beautiful example, and you are living out the Law. You can help make lunches or help a younger sibling get dressed; you can encourage them and help them find needed articles of clothing or school books or whatever they may need for the day. This makes everyone’s day better!

Notice that Gwen Shamblin Lara is stressing the importance of being a "glorious successful light to all men on earth". The Remnant Fellowship cult is all about showing off and nothing else. - -  Look at me! I am pure. I am humble. I'm skinny. I had a fancy wedding. I can go to other people's fancy weddings every week. I am part of a group that's got rich people in it. My cult leader sometimes lets me go to events at her tackily decorated "historic home". I can move across town as often as I please for free. I can pretend that I have friends here. I can borrow money from my cult to pay for any number of questionable things. I have cult people in charge of me who tell me what to do and who will support me if I follow their authoritarian "suggestions".  - - The hardliners in the Remnant Fellowship cult are as superficial and fake as the "faux antiques" and other shabby chic crap they surround themselves with.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

On 9/10/2019 at 7:58 PM, NarcissismKills said:

The members of the Remnant Fellowship cult clean Gwen Shamblin Lara's house, tend her garden, cook her meals, handle her tech devices, manage her investments, work on her real estate projects, sell her WeighDown products, and generally do more for her lifestyle than they do for their own families. She's a wicked high priestess.

So...I would NOT do well if I belonged to Remnant. I feel as though I barely have the time to do what needs to be done in MY house, let alone go to someone else’s and clean, cook meals, etc. How do these people not get so frazzled and feel like their households are out of control??? Maybe they hire housekeepers. IDK. I know there’s some OCD member out there screaming on the inside but smiling on the outside because her house is a wreck but she’s making Gwen’s look amazing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

32 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Interesting to watch in the video Gwen get so defensive over her indulgent lifestyle. When asked about all her cars she starts off with "Is it wrong to have a dependable car?" but when he presses her on how many expensive cars she has she just starts almost shouting "I prayed about it!" 

What I find interesting about it was I recall times and Nashville only meetings where everyone was begged to increase their tithes but I have no recollection of Gwen selling a car....

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

In the video, the brief photo view of Gwen and family shows Michael and Elizabeth (probably Michelle back then ) -- especially Elizabeth -- at normal weights.  

Gwen is slender but not the anorexia poster model she is now.  Interestingly, Gwen hair's seemed to get higher and higher as the video showed her at different points in her life. 

I guess it is true -- the higher the hair the closer to God -- or would that be Gwod?

• Upvote 9

To have a perfect day, you have to ask God to do your hair (see Gwen for how it will turn out) 

Spoiler

More on How to Have the Perfect Day

September 16, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The morning is the time for thoughtful quietness. After a night that has been dark and quiet, it takes time to gear up for light and sound and noise. And family members are waking up and spending time in prayer, so you have to be respectful. Remember to do to others as you would have them do to you.

As you continue to get ready, pray to God for what to wear and how to do your hair; do it all for God and with God and for His glory. Then get dressed and forget yourself and how you look, and then you can look past what someone else has on and into their heart, praying that God will show you their needs.

So you now have a routine for getting up and getting your heart ready, to the point that you are opening that door truly ready to leave the house. The major point is not to lose your focus or your dependence on God. James is very clear: My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. James 1:19-20 Keep this focus and this dependence on God, and then when anything goes wrong, you cry out to God. When He answers your prayers and fixes everything, then you praise Him and continue to be in this beautiful, wonderful good mood.

Even at the end of the day, continue in this same pattern: In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry… Ephesians 4:26 Now you have gone thru the entire day and your heart feels pure and at peace with all men and with God. That is the picture of a perfect gentleman and a perfect lady. Praise God for His etiquette and a perfect day!

I guess hair needs to be huge so God can see it from Heaven

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

As you continue to get ready, pray to God for what to wear and how to do your hair; do it all for God and with God and for His glory. Then get dressed and forget yourself and how you look, and then you can look past what someone else has on and into their heart, praying that God will show you their needs.

So pray to god for what to wear but forget about how it looks and don't pay attention to what others have on so you can meet their needs. Thanks Gwen, that's crystal clear.

If clothing should be ignored then why would I summon a omnipotent being to act as a fashion consultant? Does he/she/they have that kind of time? Is it like when I go to a bakery and take a number or does god handle requests based on need? Maybe that's why he's always at Gwen's house.

• Upvote 9

Ridiculous fake devotion, as usual. We should simply praise God, and not just when he "fixes" things. Actually, it's probably disrespectful to constantly be "crying out" to God about every little problem. Gwen Shamblin Lara is an ignorant old bag, and her Remnant Fellowship anorexia cult is a blight on society.

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic