IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 9: Perfecting Hypocrisy

Coconut Flan

Wow, after reading Deut. 28, I guess it's no more happy hour specials for me!  I hate boils.  Not that I plan to put in the research, but I wonder what the difference was in the covenants made in Horeb and then Moab.  Also, who are these "resident aliens" that co-exist with them?

I'm also picturing God kicking back with a drink and cigar after composing that rant of plagues (but not overindulging, of course, which would be displeasing to Gwod).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

Hi all,

I’m new here. Just been lurking and reading for a while. I am so fascinated with this topic for many reasons. My question today is where in the world is Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah? There are no pictures of her posted in months, and she hasn’t been in any recent videos. 

I don't know the answer to your question. I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the board!

Edited by ManyGoats
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

With God’s Holy, incredibly temperate Spirit, you can have a drink and not overdrink… you can have a meal and not binge… you can have a pipe or cigar to celebrate a newborn. Moderationtemperance—is what is acceptable for God’s Holy people.

No. This is terrible advice. Gwen is creating a very slippery slope for alcoholics. Alcoholism should not be treated like an eating disorder. Food is a necessity and a person suffering from an ED has no choice but to find moderation because everyone needs to eat to survive.

No one needs alcohol to survive. The best method for kicking addiction is abstinence. God is not going to magically intervene when you reach for that fifth drink. I've known a few people who were able to transition to a healthy relationship with alcohol after addiction but most people just stay away from temptation. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I think she wrote that because she likes her wine too much to suggest zero tolerance  for alcohol.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

19 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

As for the right hand thing, when I was a member there was nothing about which hand and I think it is mostly due to right hand dominance....granted most people only used one hand in order to not seem like they were overly zealous/seemed fake during worship. Some people were judged for using both hands and making worship “about them”.

There's always some new wrinkle about Remnant Fellowship coming out here on FJ.

Here are hand raising pics I found (from weddings):

Remnant-Fellowship-Purdy-Wolgemuth-Coven

Spoiler

Remnant-Fellowship-Wedding-Autumn-Patton

23754836_10100764990011213_4585964982692

Remnant-Fellowship-Autumn-Covenant-Weddi

Winter-Wedding-Henry-Hudson-Wedding-Part

Remnant-Fellowship-Wedding-Winter-Ormaza

Thorpe-Yarborough-Remnant-Fellowship-Wed

Remnant-Fellowship-weddings-radebaugh-be

IMGP4528-Remnant-Fellowship-Hagans-Weddi

Remnant-Fellowship-Wedding-Spring-Burba_

Edited by Coconut Flan
Spoiler for multiple images.
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

Can you say C-U-L-T? Those one-hand pictures are something else, although the bride in the first picture has both hands raised. I'm surprised the icture wasn't photoshopped before it was posted. I also wonder if she was chastised for this later, although it was her own damn wedding. I raise both hands in worship, so I wouldn't fit in at all, imagine that. And if somebody tried to criticize me for how I worship...hoo-boy, it wouldn't be pretty. 

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

Hi all,

I’m new here. Just been lurking and reading for a while. I am so fascinated with this topic for many reasons. My question today is where in the world is Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah? There are no pictures of her posted in months, and she hasn’t been in any recent videos. 

Her blog is sad.  

https://www.elizabethshamblinhannah.com/welcome-to-elizabethshamblinhannah-com/

She says "Thank you for visiting my blog page! Come back soon for updates!", but there are no updates since April.

Mommie Dearest comes to mind for some reason when I see Gwen mentioned on Elizabeth's blog site.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic