IGNORED

Pence 2: Couch Surfing With Mother

GreyhoundFan

No, Mikey, you’re wrong. The time has come for you to shut the fuck up about women’s bodies. 

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

No, Mikey, you’re wrong. The time has come for you to shut the fuck up about women’s bodies. 

So I’m confused. Does life begin at conception, or 15 weeks? And if it does begin at 15 weeks why 15? Why not one or 39? Really Mikey, how are you getting 15? Tell us about the science. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Tell us about the science

Science is a swearword to Republicans.

• Upvote 6

It just boggles my mind that Mikey would make such a tepid statement when TFG's followers planned to kill him.

• Upvote 9

14 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

It just boggles my mind that Mikey would make such a tepid statement when TFG's followers planned to kill him.

How much did Mikey spill to investigators and did he put country over party? Probably a lot of so I hope. Still hate the man though. 

• Upvote 6

Wow. Such strong words from Mike. Someone might almost think he had an actual opinion. He must’ve busted out the chocolate milk before penning that one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Wow. Such strong words from Mike. Someone might almost think he had an actual opinion. He must’ve busted out the chocolate milk before penning that one. 

Maybe Mother let him have an extra cup of Jello.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Followed by prayer and a nap.

• Upvote 7

Smith's people seem to know a lot about what Pence was told by Trump.  I'd be surprised if he isn't called as a fact witness.  Maybe that's why he's running for president.  He feels that his moment on the stand will instantly make people admire and love him.  He is, of course, wrong about that.

• Upvote 8

Mikey will never do the right thing. He only wants to win elections.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Mikey will never do the right thing. He only wants to win elections.

Too busy being pious, I guess.

• Upvote 5

Mother probably won't let him have the flavor blasted varieties. He is probably restricted to the relatively tasteless original.

image.png.5ad3bdb02028c75f6378ab7f5df05215.png

• Upvote 6

Looks like Goldfish crackers are too work for Mikey 

IMG_1101.jpeg

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

In case anyone is unaware, the "itching ears" bit is from 2 Timothy, because Mike has to be biblical:

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Edited by thoughtful
fixing quote box
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Wait. Did Pence just find his balls?

Yeah, yeah, they're tiny. But still...

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Wait. Did Pence just find his balls?

He is getting a little bit more assertive, isn’t he.  I do notice how he and others are careful to include the attorneys and advisors when speaking of January 6.  I’m guessing the party line is that Trump was only mouthing what his counsel was feeding him.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

He is getting a little bit more assertive, isn’t he.  I do notice how he and others are careful to include the attorneys and advisors when speaking of January 6.  I’m guessing the party line is that Trump was only mouthing what his counsel was feeding him.  

I agree. I think the biblical reference says a lot about where Pence lays the blame. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he actually has a whole "demons possessed the lawyers and they pulled Trump in" scenario in his mind.

As long as he is willing to tell the truth about what Trump did and said, I don't care what he believes, as long as it doesn't give Trump the "I was just taking my lawyers' advice, I thought it was legal" excuse.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

I agree. I think the biblical reference says a lot about where Pence lays the blame. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he actually has a whole "demons possessed the lawyers and they pulled Trump in" scenario in his mind.

As long as he is willing to tell the truth about what Trump did and said, I don't care what he believes, as long as it doesn't give Trump the "I was just taking my lawyers' advice, I thought it was legal" excuse.

According to the indictment, Pence has already stated that Trump exclaimed "You're too honest!" when he didn't want to play along with the fake elector scheme. Somehow I don't think a "demonic lawyers pulled Trump in" excuse will work the way he thinks it will... :pb_wink:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

More and more, I'm thinking that Pence believes this is his moment.  He's been waiting for the day that he can ride in on his white horse and be "The TruthTeller"!  He won't totally toss Trump under the bus but he'll gently knock him over and nudge him under the bus with the toe of his shoe.  

Maybe there's a book deal in it.  Maybe he sees himself as the head of a conservative college or on the boards of several major companies.  Maybe in '28 they'll consider putting Mike on the ticket again once the stench of Trump has worn down.  Granted, there will still be a lot of us out here reminding people that he backed Trump up for over 4 years.  This come to Jesus moment is way too late.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if Mikey and Mother had to break out the heavy stuff ... herbal tea ... instead of their usual warm milk to calm down at bedtime.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Ouch.

Pence is no hero. He did nothing to stop the run up to J6. He knew what orange puss ball was planning and stayed silent 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Pence takes on two unlikely roles after Trump indictment

Former vice president Mike Pence did not go to the FBI or the public to reveal in real time when defeated former president (and now thrice-indicted) Donald Trump was allegedly attempting a coup. He refused to cooperate with the House Jan. 6 select committee.

None of this spoke well of his character or devotion to the rule of law. However, the indictment on Tuesday of Trump on charges related to his alleged attempt to overturn the 2020 election and Pence’s reaction to it cast him in a more positive light.

The indictment reveals not only Pence’s ability to withstand alleged constant entreaties to overthrow the election; it also demonstrates just how extensively Pence cooperated with special counsel Jack Smith. The indictment makes clear that pressuring Pence to “send back” the electors to the states was a key part of the alleged conspiracy to prevent the transfer of power. At every turn, Pence rebuffed the scheme. (Paragraph 11a: “The Defendant’s Vice President—who personally stood to gain by remaining in office as part of the Defendant’s ticket and whom the Defendant asked to study fraud allegations—told the Defendant that he had seen no evidence of outcome-determinative fraud.”)

In paragraph 90, the indictment recites Pence’s recollections of numerous conversations in which Trump tried to persuade Pence to exceed his legal authority. Pence provided key tidbits to the special counsel, including this, in section 😄 “The Vice President responded that he thought there was no constitutional basis for such authority and that it was improper. In response, the Defendant told the Vice President, ‘You’re too honest.’” Two takeaways from these allegations: Pence held his ground, and, but for Pence’s cooperation with Smith, we would not know most of the content of the private conversations between Pence and Trump.

Moreover, we learn that Pence kept contemporaneous notes, which he provided to the special counsel. The notes documented a series of conversations in December and early January. In particular, the documents substantiate what was said in a key Oval Office meeting. From paragraph 93: “During the meeting, as reflected in the Vice President’s contemporaneous notes, the Defendant made knowingly false claims of election fraud, including, ‘Bottom line—won every state by 100,000s of votes’ and ‘We won every state,’ and asked—regarding a claim his senior Justice Department officials previously had told him was false, including as recently as the night before—'What about 205,000 votes more in PA than voters?'.” Pence’s notes also indicate that he challenged Trump’s lawyers, pointing out that even they didn’t think he could unilaterally reject slates of electors.

We learn critical details about a private meeting on the eve of the certification session. From paragraph 97: “When the Vice President refused to agree to the Defendant’s request that he obstruct the certification, the Defendant grew frustrated and told the Vice President that the Defendant would have to publicly criticize him.” And once again on the morning of Jan. 6, Pence provides evidence only he and Trump would have had. (Paragraph 102: “At 11:15 a.m., the Defendant called the Vice President and again pressured him to fraudulently reject or return Biden’s legitimate electoral votes.”)

Without Pence standing up to Trump, our democracy would have been in tatters. And if not for his sharing information with Smith, prosecution would have been dicey, at the very least. One can argue that Pence did no more than his legal duty in refusing to join a coup plot and then telling the truth to prosecutors. But that is far more than many others did.

In the wake of the indictment Tuesday, Pence also took a different tack than other Republicans seeking the 2024 nomination who play the whataboutism game or baselessly call the prosecution political. “Today’s indictment serves as an important reminder: anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be President of the United States,” Pence said in a statement. He also said, “Sadly, the president was surrounded by a group of crackpot lawyers that kept telling him what his itching ears wanted to hear. And while I made my case to him, with what I understood my oath of the Constitution to require, the president ultimately continued to demand that I choose him over the Constitution.”

In a final skewering, Pence declared, “I really do believe that anyone who puts themself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States. Anyone who asks someone else to put themselves over the Constitution should never be president of the United States again.” If only others in his party agreed.

Few believe that Pence can displace Trump or win over the MAGA base. However, we would be in a far different place if other Republican officeholders and 2024 aspirants at least agreed with Pence’s statements. If they rallied to Pence’s side, they might finally impress upon GOP voters the danger in nominating Trump. Pence, after all, poses little danger to their presidential hopes.

But do not count on the GOP field or many other Republican officials praising Pence for pushing back against Trump when it mattered, for treating the latest criminal indictment with the seriousness it deserves or for reiterating the principle that putting oneself above the Constitution is disqualifying.

If Republicans have not abandoned Trump yet, it’s unlikely Pence will shock them out of their constitutional and moral stupors. Their moral paralysis (or, worse, their vocal support for Trump) permanently besmirches their own records, makes Trump’s nomination virtually inevitable and sets their party up for a thrashing in 2024. They will have no one to blame but themselves.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

I agree. If Pence had found any legal loophole— no matter how tiny it were—he would have sycophantically wrung himself through it to please his master.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I agree. If Pence had found any legal loophole— no matter how tiny it were—he would have sycophantically wrung himself through it to please his master.

Yes!  There was a joke going around at the time saying who knew Dan Quayle would save democracy.  I’m not going to forget Pence’s waffling ways, no matter how tough Mother allows him to appear. 

• Upvote 8