IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

2 hours ago, Hane said:

Fuck you, Lori. The cardiac surgeon Dr. Hiroyoshi Takata saved my mother’s life in 1995, and was the only one of the five heart surgeons at Hartford Hospital who wasn’t afraid to operate on her. The rest (all white guys, as I recall—no idea of their religion) were all afraid she’d die on the table. Mom got to live long enough to celebrate her 50th anniversary and meet my baby sister’s first child.

Yeah.  She mentioned that the doctors were all Christians.  Always excluding.  Good old Lori.  Many paths ... one God ... believer or not ... has nothing to do with your worth as a person.  Living right is much more important, imo, than believing right.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

, Lori, thank the hospital staff, too. It's the gracious thing to do. 

I wonder what a fly on the wall would tell us about discussion among the staff when Lori wasn't there.  

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 5

@feministxtian, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm praying that you find peace in the aftermath of everything you've been through. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 9

@feministxtian I'm so sorry for your loss. ❤️

I always enjoyed your posts about your hubby.  My prayers are with you.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I follow a woo page on FB, and apparently people are always drinking poison on purpose ("pure organic" or otherwise)

If organic food is good for you, organic solvents must work miracles, right? 

But on the other hand, ethanol is also an organic solvent... Maybe they're onto something. 

• Upvote 11

So exactly how many hours was her self-imposed sequester from social media?  Not more than 48, probably between 24 and 36.  I'm banned on IG but I think that's where she posted first about Ken's recovery.

• Upvote 9

13 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

So exactly how many hours was her self-imposed sequester from social media?  Not more than 48, probably between 24 and 36.  I'm banned on IG but I think that's where she posted first about Ken's recovery.

Based on the time stamp of this tweet, it was made about 7 a.m. YESTERDAY morning. I grabbed the screenshot at 1a.m.  So, she was tweeting bright and early, most likely before she headed out to pick up Ken. The commenters mostly take her to task about her hypocrisy on antibiotics and working women.  

B2811E22-3D53-4469-80B9-95804B7D2052.png

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 7

@feministxtian,  I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband.  May you find solace in the memories of how much you loved each other.   We FJites are holding you in our hearts in the most difficult of times .  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 15

@feministxtian I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed your relationship posts and it sounds like you have a beautiful family. I pray you and your family find strength and peace. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 13

I remember hearing some moms talking about the "Christian" pediatricians at a LLL meeting years ago and said to this retired Leader who as there with her daughter that I didn't care if my doctors were Christians or not.  She said,  laughing "what a Yankee thing to say!" which I took as a compliment.  

When my daughter had her brain surgery a year an a half ago, her neurosurgeon was Jewish.  So was the neurosurgeon husband of a friend who offered to review my daughter's MRIs gratis and give his opinion about the course of treatment.

• Upvote 20

@feministxtian I am very sorry for your loss. 

I live in a conservative area, where Trump has held a couple rallies (although the turnout hasn't been so great lately).  But most of the doctors here are Muslim.  Who, in their right mind, uses a doctor's services and then goes around asking if they're Christian, as if that's a litmus test to see if they're a good doctor? Did Lori ask if Ken's doctors were pro-life, pro-submission, etc? Just ridiculous, if it really did happen. I can see why Ken told "family members" to not visit.  She is a tactless bitch. Plus, Lori hasn't always been the most truthful storyteller. 

Ah well, time to take Mr. FreeAllJs to our Muslim dentist, because he has a toothache.  Our dentist is from Lebanon. He also volunteers his services to the poor and homeless for free.  What has Lori done?

• Upvote 15
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, freealljs said:

What has Lori done?

Nothing. She has been asked point-blank about helping those in need, and has either deleted or ignored the questions. 

And I have no idea about the religious beliefs of any of the doctors I come in contact with.  It has never been relevant to patient care, so I don't give a damn.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 14

15 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

And I have no idea about the religious beliefs of any of the doctors I come in contact with.  It has never been relevant to patient care, so I don't give a damn.

This.   I was wondering how it came up in conversation.    It is kind of like Lori saying 'every' female doctor she's run into telling her how miserable they are and how they wish they could be just like her.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

I don’t believe it ever came up in any conversation. Lori lies constantly and I think she threw this in as a way to forestall any criticism from her readers that she allowed non-christians to treat Ken. 

She portrays herself as a warrior on her posts when she has the power to delete anything she doesn’t want to answer but in person she has no ability to respond intelligently to anyone smarter than she is. I don’t think she could begin to understand all the medical stuff and so falls back on thanking God rather than the doctors and nurses.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

So have you all never heard of the "Christian Business" Directories? 

They are published in quite a few metro areas. Businesses buy an ad and then, by default, the evangelicals who use the things assume that business is run by fellow evangelicals. The Christian school used to acquire new ones each year en masse and distribute them to teachers. A woman my mother worked with gave her the one for their city once. 

My favorite was the gas station/mechanic that my family used always had an ad in it. The owner was the father of a classmate of mine at Catholic high school. Very devout Catholic family that the evangelicals taking their cars there because of that ad would not have considered "Christian" at all. 

The evangelicals and charismatics I worked with at the Christian school were obsessed with any and all people they did business with believing the same way they did. If you mentioned a dentist, doctor, optometrist, stylist, mechanic, etc...they would ask if the person or the owner of the business was a Christian. I have no doubt that Ken or Lori asked everyone in the hospital. But the fun part is that some of those people may be regular church attenders in denominations that Ken and Lori would not consider Christian but answered their question in the affirmative. 

ETA: Like all things, it's online now. Here you go. If you're in the U.S., you can find the nearest city: 

https://christianbusinessdirectoryonline.com/

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, freealljs said:

@feministxtian I am very sorry for your loss. 

I live in a conservative area, where Trump has held a couple rallies (although the turnout hasn't been so great lately).  But most of the doctors here are Muslim.  Who, in their right mind, uses a doctor's services and then goes around asking if they're Christian, as if that's a litmus test to see if they're a good doctor? Did Lori ask if Ken's doctors were pro-life, pro-submission, etc? Just ridiculous, if it really did happen. I can see why Ken told "family members" to not visit.  She is a tactless bitch. Plus, Lori hasn't always been the most truthful storyteller. 

Ah well, time to take Mr. FreeAllJs to our Muslim dentist, because he has a toothache.  Our dentist is from Lebanon. He also volunteers his services to the poor and homeless for free.  What has Lori done?

I have several auto-immune conditions. I see a lot of docs/PAs/NPs. I've never asked any of them about their faith because it's not part of my litmus test of whether s/he is a good practitioner.

The only reason I know my rheumatologist is Muslim is because he, my husband and I have had several discussions about faith, all of which came about as a part of a greater conversation. Quite often, I tell people that I see the same peace in his eyes that I see in my husband's. The difference is the One with whom my doc Walks is named Allah; the One with whom my husband Walks is God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. 

The only reason I know my endocrinologist is Christian is because I said I wanted to wish him a Blessed Eid but I wasn't sure what words were proper. He told me he was Christian and that we would celebrate Christmas when I saw him that December.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I know my ob/gyn sent her children to the local Lutheran school. It came up because she has twins, I am a twin and we were talking about what my mom did way back when vs what she does now and we talked about school and then that led to both of us knowing a teacher there that was awful. You know what didn't come up? If she and her family are actually Lutheran. She wears a cross so I assume she is Christian but beyond that nope, don't know. I know one of the pediatrician we go to is Catholic, because we attend the same church but that has never come up in the exam room. 

The hospital our doctors are affiliated with is Catholic. The other hospital in my area is Methodist. But guess what! Not everyone that works at either hospital are Catholic and Methodist! Shocking I know. /s

• Upvote 9

@feministxtian I am so very sorry for your loss. It must mean so much to know that he loved you so very much. From all your comments I have read over the years I have lurked and been a member, it seems like you were a really well-suited and caring couple, who shared so much love and laughter. Even in your stories about annoying habits or disagreements the love shone through. My sympathies and thoughts are with you and your family. If/when you want to, I hope you will continue to share your struggles, your stories and memories with us.

As far as the sleeping in hospital bit: what part of  waking someone when their heart stops does she not understand? I do remember being slightly irritated in hospital before I moved from ICU, but felt much better, when I was woken at 2am for vitals (mainly because my roomate snored, so I liked to fall asleep before her!). When I had just come around, the heart monitr went off literally every 30 minutes or so - the steroids I was on (plus the heart damage I got from the sepsis) really fucked my heart rate up for a while - 140 while sleeping etc. Getting stressed about it made it worse, and as, a) I'd just moved to Germany, so my German was awful, and b) I had a breathing tube, so couldn't speak, I didn't really manage to understand what was going on well. Later on, before I went to rehab and was waiting for a bed, I was really relieved when the nurses were given the all clear to let me sleep through (I was still on monitors for  most of that stay). 

BUT, a few days before I changed hospitals, and was basically just connected to the finger pulse/oximeter thingy, a very "brisk" nurse was in charge of some test where they measure CO2 levels in your blood. This involves taping something to your forehead as you sleep. All well and good. What she did not tell me was that at 4am she would come in and rip it off my head! I woke to see a large hand and a muscular forearm in my face, and screamed (I read too many books about serial killers and duct tape). She was surprised, and explained to me that she didn't want to wake me... Because ripping tape off someone's face in the wee small hours is something you can sleep through, lol!

My boyf was on SM a lot of the time - in between work. No guest cots here, and the hospital I was airlifted to was 2 hours drive from my home. He drove there and back every day while I was in a coma, it was a great relief to me that the hospital I was moved to to be weaned off the ventilator was only 45 minutes away for him (once I came round and saw how exhausted he was). He had also caught pneumonia  when I did, and had dealt with everything, ordering transport for 2nd opinions (weird lung infection was involved which, with sepsis, resulted in ARDS and heart damage), with a +40C temp. Once he was better, and I was stable, in between work, arrangiing my care, and driving to me (we have pets to be cared for, otherwise he would have stayed in a hotel closer - luckily, he earns enough that when that was necessary, he could do it) he was on SM all the time. Partly to keep people informed, partly to keep up with friends, for distraction etc. It is not at all weird to be on SM, ill people need rest/are unconscious etc. And carers need support and relaxation. Of course, Lori is not the typical partner/friend/daughter/mother...(understatement, perhaps?!)

• Upvote 10

Once, a friend of mine asked if my GYN performed abortions, because she was looking for a doctor who didn’t(which I absolutely respect).  I honestly replied that it never crossed my mind to ask.

• Upvote 9

Lori's mind would be blown...Hub's last oncologist (the one who tried to save him) was Muslim AND gay AND married. The only reason I knew was his nurse is my best friend. I DID NOT give a shit whatsoever. He could have been a 7 headed hydra with pink polkadots for all I cared at that point. His credentials were outstanding. 

Over the years, hubs was treated by the United Nations of doctors, pretty much literally. Did I give a shit about their faith (or lack thereof)? Fuck no. I cared about the care they were giving my husband. His pancreas team at UofA was German, Argentinian, Japanese, Korean, Egyptian and generic American...how do I know? Got into a food discussion. His original gastro was Sikh. Didn't give a fuck about that neither. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 18

2 hours ago, Zebedee said:

As far as the sleeping in hospital bit: what part of  waking someone when their heart stops does she not understand? I do remember being slightly irritated in hospital before I moved from ICU, but felt much better, when I was woken at 2am for vitals (mainly because my roomate snored, so I liked to fall asleep before her!). When I had just come around, the heart monitr went off literally every 30 minutes or so - the steroids I was on (plus the heart damage I got from the sepsis) really fucked my heart rate up for a while - 140 while sleeping etc. Getting stressed about it made it worse, and as, a) I'd just moved to Germany, so my German was awful, and b) I had a breathing tube, so couldn't speak, I didn't really manage to understand what was going on well. Later on, before I went to rehab and was waiting for a bed, I was really relieved when the nurses were given the all clear to let me sleep through (I was still on monitors for  most of that stay). 

BUT, a few days before I changed hospitals, and was basically just connected to the finger pulse/oximeter thingy, a very "brisk" nurse was in charge of some test where they measure CO2 levels in your blood. This involves taping something to your forehead as you sleep. All well and good. What she did not tell me was that at 4am she would come in and rip it off my head! I woke to see a large hand and a muscular forearm in my face, and screamed (I read too many books about serial killers and duct tape). She was surprised, and explained to me that she didn't want to wake me... Because ripping tape off someone's face in the wee small hours is something you can sleep through, lol!

Yeah, german nurses can be quiet famous for their "brisk" attitude. I met some of them and they could even shut up Lori in no time without problem. They are good nurses, they just had the warm aura of a freezing iceblock and a no nonsense attitude when dealing with patients.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

10 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

warm aura of a freezing iceblock

that description also fits Lori....

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, quiversR4hunting said:

that description also fits Lori....

Only that the nurses I met still cared about their patients. Lori only cares about herself and only herself.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

So have you all never heard of the "Christian Business" Directories? 
They are published in quite a few metro areas. Businesses buy an ad and then, by default, the evangelicals who use the things assume that business is run by fellow evangelicals.

Here in Tiny Town, Alabama businesses advertise they are a Christian owned business in their ads in the local newspaper.
  • Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic