IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

I bet Ken did the post about visitors because it's Lori's issue and not his. She is such a bitch that she likely  ranted about any person who came to see Ken. Listening to that shit would be stressful.

I hope he and Lori are insisting that his medical team and care givers are all male and either married or looking for godly, stay at home wives. I wonder if he's adamant that he receive only "organic" antibiotics? LOL

• Upvote 9

I'm imagining the hospital kitchen staff:

"That lady called again -- you know, the one whose husband won't let her visit. She's still making all kinds of requests about his diet. What do "slathered" and "einkorn" mean?"

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21

It may be wishful thinking, but I Hope among Ken’s Health care team there are some dedicated women doctors show are nurses who make an impression on Lori about the value of women in the medical field. I work in healthcare Nd see it every day.  I hope she has an eye opening about her truly awful positions. 

i highly doubt it will happen, but I hope that is an outcome of this situation 

• Upvote 12

Welp. Lori is 'Taking A Break--Husband In ICU.' 

A few weeks ago, my husband, Ken, got a strange flu-like illness for a week. He partially recovered and went back to living life. A week after recovering, he took his blood pressure and found that his heart rate was only 40 beats per minute. This went on for a few days and he began to become light-headed and short winded.

We decided to take him to the ER and the EKG showed he had a heart block. Due to what we told the doctor about the strange illness and a bulls-eye sore on his arm, they quickly determined that it was Lyme’s disease and put him into the ICU when his heart rate went down to the low 20s. A blood test soon confirmed that he did indeed have Lyme’s.

I wonder if Lori tried black salve on that bulls-eye sore when it first showed up? Why they didn't go to the ER the second he realised his heart rate was so low is a mystery to me.

Ten percent of people who contract Lyme’s disease have this problem with the heart. It’s called Lyme’s Carditis where Lyme bacteria enters the heart tissue and the electrical signals have trouble traveling from the heart’s upper chambers to the lower chambers.

They began an IV course of antibiotics and are hoping this will resolve it by killing the pesky critters. We were told it would take two to seven days. His heart did get worse at the beginning of treatment which was to be expected, but it was very bad, even going down to 13. His heart would stop at times and it’s still not good.

That's terrifying. I have a family member with Lyme disease, and while Lyme's carditis wasn't involved, it's still nothing to screw around with. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, not even Ken Alexander.

Today, he’s on day four of treatment and we’re hoping for a breakthrough soon. I am taking a break from all social media until he is better (which we’re hoping is any time now). I have no ability to create and write since my mind is on him and his health. When he is better, I am better. When he is worse, I am worse. He may have to get a pacemaker, if it doesn’t resolve itself soon.

I sincerely hope his recovery is swift and complete. 

I do predict that Lori will be back on at least some social media within a few days.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2

I can tell you that I am very thankful that I no longer nit-pick at him, nag, or quarrel with him. What a waste of time and energy this is, dear women, and how much I would be regretting this behavior if I was still doing it. I miss his habits that used to annoy me. I want him home so he can live his life as he pleases with me. I have learned to accept him just the way that he is and enjoy him. In return, he enjoys me. Yes, this took a long time to learn but practice makes perfect.

Thank goodness Lori still has it in her to remind us what a good wife she is now. 

I am sad for Alyssa having this sadness just as she is ready to deliver her baby. 

• Upvote 13
  • Disgust 1

I’m having a hard time feeling sorry for them. I don’t wish anything bad for them, but that’s about the extent of my good will. I can’t quite put what I’m feeling and thinking into words. 

I do feel for Alyssa. I know it has to be difficult. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

I love how she was posting away for all of this until people found out and began questioning why she was wasting time online while he was this sick. 

Not enough eye rolls for that. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 7

5 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I’m having a hard time feeling sorry for them. I don’t wish anything bad for them, but that’s about the extent of my good will. I can’t quite put what I’m feeling and thinking into words. 

I do feel for Alyssa. I know it has to be difficult. 

I don't feel sorry for Lori in the least. Well, I don't really feel sorry for Ken, either, but I still wouldn't wish this on him.  Of course, that might just be my little superstition that you don't wish ill on another because it might come back on you! (general you, not you in particular, Frog! LOL). 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

I love how she was posting away for all of this until people found out and began questioning why she was wasting time online while he was this sick. 

That was my very first thought as well.

15 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Thank goodness Lori still has it in her to remind us what a good wife she is now. 

I am sad for Alyssa having this sadness just as she is ready to deliver her baby. 

No matter what, she just HAS to get in her little lectures, doesn't she?

I do feel bad for Alyssa, yes. For her sake, far more than for Lori's, I hope Ken recovers well.

• Upvote 11

8 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I bet Lori's break will only last 2-3 days. 

I give her at most--at MOST--a week. And that's for blogging. I bet she'll be back on Twitter and Instagram within 48 hours.

• Upvote 8

20 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I don't like giving her clicks so I decided to copy and paste the link AD posted

Spoiler

FEMINISM LEADS TO VILE AFFECTIONS

August 20, 2019  Lori Alexander Comments 22 Comments

“For even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature” (Romans 1:22).

“For even their women – that sex whose priceless jewel and fairest ornament is modesty, and which when that is once lost, not only becomes more shameless than the other sex, but lives henceforth only to drag the other sex down to its level” (Jamieson-Fausset-Bible Commentary).

The natural use of the female body is to have sexual relations with a man (her husband) and bear his child, then nurse the baby. Feminism taught women to rebel against this from the very onset and now, many women are far from the natural use that their bodies were created for and many men no longer want to marry.

Once women decided that marriage is bondage but still wanted the benefit of marriage (sex), they threw off their clothing in order to entice men. As time went on, they felt used by men and decided that marriage, motherhood, and homemaking weren’t for them. Now, as we can see, lesbianism is exploding just as it did in Sodom and Gomorrah. Feminism leads to lesbianism.

“In relation to men, women have helped make men what they are now. By not respecting ourselves and by showing everything and giving everything for free and without commitment on the part of the man, we have made and continue the cycle of men using women as prostitutes without having to pay, men who don’t commit, and men who think that girls who get attached are the problem.

“If all women carried themselves with dignity and demanded respect, and women started changing the way they view modesty, men would have no choice but to change as well” (Carla Coleman “Unseduced and Unshaken”).

Christian women, we must not go down the path our culture is taking. There is nothing good about feminism. It was created to rebel against God’s plan for women. Dress modestly for the Lord, yourself, and the men around you. Your nakedness is for your husband alone. Remain a virgin until marriage. You will never regret it but you will regret it if you don’t. God is our Creator and His commands are for our own good and to bring glory to Him.

“In a sexually charged world, sexual purity is countercultural…Chastity does not happen by accident; it is a discipline of life founded on a knowledge of and belief in God’s Word and His loving intent for us, supported by accountability to an insightful community…it really is God’s best for us, the best from the one who wants to protect us from objectification, who wants us to be cherished, who wants us to know the joy of living dignified, holy lives and the true joy of desire. We cannot break God’s rule of chastity without wounding our souls” (Linda Haines).

Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. 
Jeremiah 6:16

And here are the comments

Spoiler

22 thoughts on “Feminism Leads to Vile Affections”

A Lady of Reason says:

August 20, 2019 at 4:38 am

The TRUE sexism of feminism is the idea that to be worth anything you have to be a man instead of being seen as worthy and with a purpose as a feminine woman!

Elise says:

August 20, 2019 at 4:48 am

Hi Lori. I really enjoy reading your blog, and your Twitter posts. Though most of the replies on Twitter are really awful! How do you deal with them? Do you answer back to any? Anyway, keep up the good work

Lori Alexander says:

August 20, 2019 at 5:05 am

I pretty much ignore the comments on twitter so far, Elise. I have more important things to do!

Cam says:

August 20, 2019 at 5:39 am

What is your take on people being transgender? Especially women who reckon that they are really men, after all, and take drugs to achieve this. Really confuses children who now have ” two daddies”
It seems anything goes!

Lori Alexander says:

August 20, 2019 at 6:23 am

Romans 1 is my answer, Cam.

Dan says:

August 20, 2019 at 8:05 am

Often, when modesty in church is mentioned, out come the old canards of rulers, kneecaps, and legalism which do a good job of shutting down the conversations. But there is an answer, which is to put that canard under its own microscope. Because even the woman’s-liberation-from-men’s-oppressive-dress-code crowd has a dress code, rulers and legalism, they just don’t ever talk about it. So it’s not a matter of if the skirt is measured, but how much comfort the one doing the measuring has with immodesty? This can be proven by a simple question: “Do you approve of women showing up for church–or walking around town for that matter–naked without being judged”? Somewhere between nothing and the kneecap they must, therefore, impose a code and become legalistic, oppressive and judgemental.

Or! They could just focus on the heart of the poor girl who feels the need to, or loves to, dress like a prostitute. But to address the heart, it must be talked about without canards thrown around like trump cards.

Felicia says:

August 20, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Ultimately it’s a heart issue. Women need to be taught to be modest at heart and the dress will follow. I believe women also should be taught how a man thinks when he sees something. God created men to be visual and to also be attracted to the female body. Yes, teach them not to act like animals and to fight that temptation, but women also need to be taught not entice a man who isn’t your husband. Just saying “well he needs to learn to control himself” isn’t sufficient, biblical, or loving to our Christian brothers.

Since being married my husband has taught me a lot about the male brain, especially the unmarried teenage male brain, and I have been very surprised at how little it takes for a man to be tempted in his mind.

Susanne says:

August 21, 2019 at 1:35 pm

Felicia – You are absolutely right I don’t think most women understand how men see them and how important modesty is until their husbands explain just how men (and especially teenager boys) think.

KAK says:

August 20, 2019 at 4:09 pm

One of the preachers in my church spoke of modesty very well. He defined the difference between principle and practice. The principle of modesty is what is important to God. The practice of modesty is going to vary according to culture (eg modest women in Pakistan vs modest women in the west) and time (fashion in the 1800s vs today). The practice is dictated by how your heart views the principle, and God knows the heart. If we earnestly pray, God will guide us in this.
The practice will always bring judgement. Focus on the principle.

Robert Zeurunkl says:

August 20, 2019 at 9:25 am

In the beginning, God created Eve for a reason. Most people, if you asked them what that reason was would say, “To be a helper to Adam”. Well, that’s what he created her to BE, but what about the reason WHY?

God looked at Adam and declared, “It is not right that the man should be alone“. He then proceeded to created the animal kingdom, but out of all that, there was still no suitable match for him.

Then God created Eve. And finally, here is a perfect match for him. The reason WHY God created Eve was not to be a helper to Adam. That is what she was created FOR, or to do. That was her assigned work, just as Adam’s assigned work was keeping and tending the Garden.

But the reason why, God says is because, “It is not good that the man should be alone.”Eve was to address the “aloneness” of Adam. Not the “loneliness” of Adam, for Adam had God himself as a constant companion for a long while in the Garden before Eve was created. The “aloneness” hints more at the idea of “incompleteness”.

Man, alone, does not bear the image of God, for God created mankind in his image, male and female. So, likewise, woman alone also does not bear the image of God for the same reason.

The image of God is seen in unity of a man and a woman together in marriage. And in the creation account, there, God has defined what the “image of God” is, and what “marriage” is: it is the uniting of a man and a woman, spiritually, physically and bodily, in marriage.

It seems incredulous to me to even have to say this, but (modern culture being what it is) two men fornicating to not bear the image of God; nor two women. Marriage that unites a man and a woman together into “one flesh” is the image of God.

The man that God created is made complete, and whole, by being united to a woman, in the relationship of marriage, and the whole of scripture describes Christ and His Church in those terms.

Marriage is the combining of the two into “one flesh” – a fact that is manifest literally in the creation of children: they are literally the combined flesh of two parents into one flesh. No two women, and no two men can accomplish this, no matter how much social and “bio-engineering” smoke and mirrors they employ.

It is a fact of life, and is built into the very DNA of our bodies, which God has “fearfully and wonderfully” made. When we look a ourselves, and admit, and agree with God, that our bodies are “fearfully and wonderfully made”, we can no longer see the world’s culture as anything other than what it is: a ploy of the Deceiver (Satan) to attack the very image of God. And such a perverse and despicable act should never go unopposed by us, in as much as we are able to fight against it. God doesn’t need our help. But he is not helped by our complacency, either.

Men keeping themselves pure for marriage is every bit as important as women keeping their bodies pure for marriage, because, again, the image of God is seen in the unity between both a man, and a woman.

Brian says:

August 20, 2019 at 3:43 pm

” Man, alone, does not bear the image of God ”

You speak apostasy: 1 Co 11:7. You would do well to not speak, in accordance with Lu 17:2. Everything scriptural you’ve written here is complementarianism, the tired concept of two (incomplete) halves making a (complete) whole.

Woman, alone, is never mentioned as being made in God’s image. Man is, and verse provided.

What you are attempting to do is connect the dots for Eve’s reason for being, but missed the mark. You extrapolate (always a dangerous thing to do with shaky theology) that aloneness lends to incompleteness. Nothing could be further from the truth. Adam has not sinned: he has been made in God’s perfect image. There is no separation from God, he cannot be incomplete.

Adam is alone, yes, and his helper suitable is for procreation. In chronological order, this is how the verses would be written:
Ge 1:22- God tells the creatures of Creation to multiply
Ge 2:7- God makes man
Ge 2:18- God ponders woman
Ge 2:20- all beasts presented to man, none suitable for helping
Ge 2:22- God makes woman out of man: thus, the same species
Ge 1:28- God tells mankind to multiply (Our very first commandment)

Eve is to help Adam with what? Aloneness? No, Adam has God. Working the Garden? No, Adam finished his task before Eve shows up.
Eve’s singular purpose in being created is to procreate with Adam: this is the help suitable not found elsewhere in Creation, as Adam had no other mankind with which to mate. The commandment in Ge 1:28 cannot be accomplished without her. It is out of this singular purpose and this foundational commandment that she finds all her other purposes and commandments (keeper at home, quiet and gentle spirit, submissive in all things to her husband, obedient to her father..)

The wife’s role is to serve her husband, to bear him children. 1 Co 11:9. Reminder that man is asserted as being the image bearer of God.

1 Ti 2:15 confirms this interpretation as being correct.

” The man that God created is made complete, and whole, by being united to a woman, in the relationship of marriage, and the whole of scripture describes Christ and His Church in those terms. ”

Everything you’ve written here is apostasy. Man is not made for woman, but woman for man. He names her, takes dominion over her.
You then liken, correctly, Christ and His Church to man and woman, but you should have seen your errors in-so-doing. Is Christ not whole on His own? Does He need the Church to be made whole? This exposes your false theology.

” again, the image of God is seen in the unity between both a man, and a woman ”

Again, the image of God exists without the union of husband and wife. We are not incomplete beings when we are born. This is such false theology.
Those of us who never marry, what a position we must be in, to never know God’s image! Those of us who are widowed/widowered and remarry, how awkward to know multiple images of God!

Lori, I appeal to you to either publish this comment to correct this false doctrine, or remove the comment to which I am responding.

Lori Alexander says:

August 21, 2019 at 11:06 am

I will have my husband take a look at both of your comments when he has a chance.

CVD says:

August 21, 2019 at 4:57 pm

If Christians believe this theology that woman was not created in God’s image and therefore not a joint inheritor of the covenant than is it any wonder that feminism is the new Theology?

As a newer Christian I am so disturbed that this is accepted Theology and want no part of it. What variety of Christian are you? In my study of Catholicism, Protestantism and broad study of Pentecostalism I have not found this Theology. To what denomination does it belong and where can I sources and explanations be found?

Lori Alexander says:

August 22, 2019 at 4:26 am

We absolutely believe that man and woman have been made in the image of God.

Robert Zeurunkl says:

August 22, 2019 at 10:04 pm

Do not worry, CVD. It is NOT “accepted” Christian theology. It is the theology of a certain class of men who think they are the Lord of their wife and their home. As to what denomination it belongs to, it doesn’t really. It is a personal revelation of certain individual men; men whom I personally think are either tyrants in their homes, or suffering from some kind of insecurity in their own lives.

I will be as interested as any to see what Ken has to say about this.

Robert Zeurunkl says:

August 22, 2019 at 10:18 pm

Furthermore, CVD, there are two “accepted” opposing views on the relationships between husbands and wives, and Brian is not espousing either one of them. He is complaining about “Complementarian” being “old and tired” (and thus wrong). And I think it is safe to say that he certainly does not believe in the equality of men’s and women’s roles in marriage, so I can hardly believe he is an Egalitarian”.

Personally, I view these as flip sides of the same coin. You are either one or the other. Since Brian is affirming neither, then I am left to believe that he is working from a personal doctrine that he himself has “cooked up” from his own personal interpretation of scripture.

As I said to him, I do not fault anyone for doing that, so long as they realise that they will be held accountable to God for the results of their personal theology. And church history, and submission to church elders can be a BIG help in keeping your theology sound. I suspect he has not done that and is not a member of any local Church Body, or if he is, he is outside even their “accepted” theology.

Just my personal opinion, there.

Robert Zeurunkl says:

August 22, 2019 at 9:02 pm

Pardon me, but did you just say, “Everything scriptural you’ve written here is complementarianism,…”?

Robert Zeurunkl says:

August 22, 2019 at 9:58 pm

Brian,

You will have to forgive me for being a bit slow, but I’m not following your logic, here, and I have no desire to debate such an issue. Why? Because you have, right off the bat, resorted to declaring “apostasy” in a secondary issue that doesn’t rest on soteriology (the doctrine of salvation in Christ), and gone so far as to tell me to shut up.

And also because you are taking exception with my interpretation of “aloneness” being a reference to “incompleteness”, even though you have affirmed what I’ve said is scriptural, and have even made the same claim of “completeness” yourself (Your reference to Gen 1:28 being impossible without Eve – thus “incompleteness”.)

I am quite aware of 1 Cor 11, and have explained that text in other comments here on Lori’s blog. Paul’s rendition of the matter doesn’t change the fact that the original text – which even Paul himself is addressing there, says that “God created man, male AND female, in His image”.

The idea of “headship” doesn’t negate the fact of incompleteness. What is there to be a head OF without the other party? This idea of incompleteness is expressed throughout the scriptures, and not only in the matter of male and female sexes. Faith without works is incomplete. The Church without Christ (her “head”) is incomplete. The body without ALL it’s members is incomplete (“wither the hearing?”).

Resorting to “The man was not created for the woman, but the woman for the man” does not suggest equality, nor does it suggest completeness in men apart from women. Nor does it suggest “incompleteness”. It doesn’t address the matter at all. I won’t now suggest that your misunderstanding amounts to “apostasy”, because it doesn’t. You are simply wrong. Not “unsaved” (at least as far as this issue would judge).

Adam does not, and did not “take dominion over her”. As evidenced by the fact that God’s command to be fruitful, multiply, and subdue the earth (have dominion) is given to both the man AND the woman. God CANNOT tell Adam alone to be fruitful and multiply, and thus Adam cannot subdue the earth by himself. Again, something even you have stated.

But the real crux of the matter here, is the plain simple observation that the image of God, according to the Bible, plainly, is that the image of God is reflected in the male AND the female.

The only extrapolation I have made is claiming that that that means “in marriage”, and I say that because scripture refers to Eve has Adam’s WIFE, and Adam as Eve’s HUSBAND, from the very instant they are created. So, my suggesting that God’s image is reflected in the marriage (that is the “unity”) of the husband and wife, is a perfectly safe extrapolation. Therefore the Bible states quite clearly that the image of God is male and female in marriage.

That is what God himself calls it, in scripture, and it is what is meant by a man shall “cleave” to his wife. I genuinely hope that you are not perversely suggesting that “cleave” means sex. That would be a very misguided interpretation of the text. It means to be “united”, because, again, the “Unity of the Husband and the wife” IS the image of God, for the reasons I stated in the original comment, and which I am not going to rehash for you here. It’s a few screens up, and you may go re-read it if you wish.

You cannot take half the equation and call it the whole, and no, 1st Timothy does not confirm that you can. I recommend the following like for help in understanding that: https://www.crossway.org/articles/what-does-it-mean-that-women-will-be-saved-through-childbearing-1-timothy-2/

I am not sure it will be a help to you, though, if you are filtering your understanding of scripture through a *doctrine*, instead of letting scripture speak for itself – and from your comments, I think it is safe to assume that you are neither complementarian, nor egalitarian, but have formed some kind of odd doctrine of your own, based on your own personal interpretation of scripture. I won’t complain about that, as I do not fault anyone for doing that.

But I would advise caution, especially when it comes to Jesus’ warning against “beating the servants”.

Most of your rebuttal is centered around making “submission” a form of alienation from the man, when in fact, submission is a reaffirmation of the UNITY of the man and the woman, in marriage.

Ultimately, both men and women are image bearers. Women are not second class citizens, but bear the image of God equally, as plainly stated in Genesis when God decreed their creation, together, in unity, as an image of the unity of the Godhead itself.

All these “rules” you are pulling from scripture do not address the positions of men and women. They are rules that apply to the business of governing and structuring the roles of those believers participating in the marriage, not the position of the believers in that marriage, before God.

Kenneth Alexander says:

August 23, 2019 at 4:38 am

Brian, it seems to me that you are a bit tough on Robert. It is perhaps OK to hold a position that man alone is made in the image of God, but this position is focused solely on the maleness of God.

Is man made completely in the image of God? No in that man is not omniscient, omnipresent, or all-powerful. Man bears God’s image, but such image-bearing is a small reflection of the real thing.

I believe it a mistake to assume that God’s image is found only in the attributes of masculinity. Woman is indeed an image bearer in many of the same ways that man is reflecting intellect, purpose, personality, and the ability to love. She becomes an important part as image-bearer in procreation. Even if woman cannot show the male reflection of God, but in other ways, she too bears God’s likeness.

So male and female both bear God’s image, and I do see Robert as accurate in pointing out that just as God is three in one, so too is man and wife united by God’s Spirit a reflection of the trinity. Man alone cannot be three in one, but when he joins with woman and is united together by the Spirit of God, man and woman together give an excellent reflection of the Godhead.

When we are told, “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them” (Gen. 1:27), the word man could just as easily mean mankind as “man” alone. We cannot definitively know in this verse what God intends here, but the fact that the verse ends with “male and female he created them” seems to me, and most other students of the Word, to mean that both man and woman are image-bearers of God.

Lastly, although this discussion is profitable in understanding the distinct roles of male and female, in Christ there is no distinction of persons: “But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Gal. 5:25-28). We are all the “sons” of God together in the family of God. And I do not believe that God redeems those who are not image bearers as only image bearers can be a part of the family of God. We all, male and female, take on the image of Christ, as we are in Christ.

I believe we should not miss Robert’s point of the important concept that the union of two complementary beings united by the Holy Spirit as is an accurate reflection of a triune God in a way that man alone cannot do. When you ask about singleness, the single male still bears God’s image and uniquely as male reflects God’s male attributes. This does not change the fact that man and woman united together also give image-bearing reflections, they are just different reflections.

KAK says:

August 20, 2019 at 4:14 pm

I love the wisdom in this post, Mr Zeurinski! Every word is so true.
When men and women are together in marriage as God intended there is no room for feminism. In God’s marriage design, men and women complement each other perfectly.

Susanne says:

August 21, 2019 at 8:50 am

It has always astonished me that feminism seems to be hell bent (literally) on turning women into the ‘sex toys’ of immoral and irresponsible men.

Not the respected wives and mothers but very specially the willing objects of male (and deviant female) lust and physical gratification.

Bill T. says:

August 21, 2019 at 12:37 pm

Feminists have existed for all of human history. In the old days, they were called “witches” and, accurately, identified as brides of Satan. These feminists were driven out of the village by the virtuous women, the married mothers and wives, so that the feminists would not poison the minds of the young impressionable girls.

Feminism spreads like a disease in girls, making them angry, egotistical, and slutty, and when enough girls become this way, men become degraded and brutish, people stop working hard and having families, and inevitably, the feminism-infected society would collapse into famine or warfare.

Multiply this story over thousands of villages, tribes, cities, and states over thousands of years of human civilization, and you understand why human society has always, always, always shunned feminism, no matter what it’s name. You understand why the older women, the wise married women and grandmothers, viewed feminism as a cancer, that they would cut out and destroy ruthlessly, in order to protect their families from starvation and disaster.

Now our society has become too huge, and virtuous women have been shouted down by the multitudes of perverts, brutes, pornographers, and whores of modern world.

What happens now? Does our world now collapse further into a dark dirty landscape of drugs, abuse, gay marriage, and college girls prostituting themselves to pay the bills?

Or, can the power of God again take hold in the hearts of people, and lead our dying world to a new resurrection?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 6

Predictably, some of her leghumpers are recommending alternative treatments.

Jesse says:

medical doctors are typically very good at keeping somebody alive in the short term- please look into god-given cannabis treatment afterwards as this is the only thing i ve read that assists anybody in living with and surviving Lyme's.

I'm not sure exactly what he means by cannabis treatment (cbd oil? smoking weed? not sure), but at least he gives doctors some credit.

Our man Shaun Steele:

cannabis use is satanic, God would never bless such a thing

I was under the impression that God created cannabis, but I'm a mere woman, so what do I know?

Next up is Cora Yisrael. who clearly does not approve of antibiotics. I bet she would if SHE had Lyme's carditis:

Natural antibiotic food plus pre and pro biotics!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Loveday
things weren't lined up right
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 8

Catching up after the weekend to find the latest in the Life of Lori.   Finding himself in the ICU can't be any fun for Ken but somehow I am not surprised that Lori continues to post.

On 8/25/2019 at 8:24 AM, Frog99 said:

Curable or not, if my husband were in the hospital, FB would be the last thing on my mind. It’s pathetic that Lori is so focused on gaining attention for herself. 

A few years ago, Mr. No suddenly landed in the ICU with what turned out to be an e-coli infection.    I was too worried about him to even think about social media, it was enough to make the necessary calls to our families and to his work.  Other than that, I was with him in his room most of the day.  

On 8/25/2019 at 8:24 AM, Frog99 said:

Ken does have a post about family/friends not calling or visiting because it’s emotionally stressful- I wonder if that means Lori as well- or if it especially means Lori. Can you imagine your spouse telling you not to visit or call because you can’t behave and act decent?

It does seem like it might especially mean Lori but also that he might want to simply get some rest. Not defending him by a long shot, buy it has to be exhausting to deal with Lori when he's healthy, much less being in the ICU.    Another possibility is that he might not want to deal with Lori acting out, disrupting things while there.    

When Mr. No was in the ICU, my crazy, hypochondriac, attention seeking MIL went nuts.  She was calling him incessantly, like every half hour, and got mad when he finally told her to stop calling so he could get some rest.   She kept waffling on the phone to me whether or not to  visit, I was hoping and praying she would not show up because she was the type to make a lot of noise, would question all the medical staff, and just call a lot of attention to herself.   I finally told the nursing staff when I left for the day that if she did show and became disruptive, to call security.  She didn't show up, luckily but  I can see Ken being concerned about Lori acting the same way. 

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 11

In the post that @quiversR4hunting quoted above, Lori has a quote from someone named Carla Coleman.

...we have made and continue the cycle of men using women as prostitutes without having to pay...

It caught my attention, because it reminded me that Lori sees marriage as a transaction; she gives 10 minutes with lube, he gives money. Lori would never agree to be an unpaid prostitute. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

Folks who attempt to practice medicine without a license need to shut the hell up. Ken decided to go to the hospital and obviously wants conventional treatment. When it comes down to the wire, Lori's belief in woo is bullshit.

As for idiots who do not understand man meaning mankind which includes everyody, no hope for them. 

I detest equating sexual experience with impurity.  That can give people hangups, because then when you become sexually experienced, even with a wife/husband, you are no lnger "pure". This is nonsense.

It is impossible for women to be modest enough in dress for some men not to lust after them. They know what is under whatever "modest" garment you are wearing. Many of us cannot hide our breasts and in our culture the face is usually uncovered. Nothing but full bulky coverings with very small eye slits would work for such men. Ridiculous.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 7

On 8/23/2019 at 1:54 PM, Alisamer said:

There are times where it's just simply better and more efficient to hire someone to do what needs done, but that is never my first reaction. My first reaction is always to look, google, ask my (lifelong mechanic and farmer) dad, and see if something is easily fixable first. 

I can run a power drill and a circular saw.  I can do simple home repairs.  I can even build very simple furniture (i.e., I can put together four pieces of wood to make a cube, plus another piece on the back of it to keep it from wobbling).  

But for me, when it comes to plumbing, electricity, and the car, I prefer to hire a professional because I don't know what I'm doing and I fear I will make matters worse.  

YouTube and Google are godsends these days to give people an idea of how-to-do-this! ?

• Upvote 11

3 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Folks who attempt to practice medicine without a license need to shut the hell up. Ken decided to go to the hospital and obviously wants conventional treatment. When it comes down to the wire, Lori's belief in woo is bullshit.

I agree. 

I also can’t help but take a little pleasure in seeing Lori get a taste of her own medicine (pardon the pun). She constantly criticizes and second guesses others who choose traditional medicine.  Now, she is making public statements about her husband’s medical care, so she needs to be ready for some severe woo suggestions. 

I wonder if this situation will make Ken give some thought to his life with Lori. If he has been at all unhappy with her internet behavior, maybe he’ll realize life is too short to put up with that nonsense. Maybe he’ll make her cut it out. 

• Upvote 19

18 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I agree. 

I also can’t help but take a little pleasure in seeing Lori get a taste of her own medicine (pardon the pun). She constantly criticizes and second guesses others who choose traditional medicine.  Now, she is making public statements about her husband’s medical care, so she needs to be ready for some severe woo suggestions. 

I agree.  If someone reminded her that doctors are just "practicing medicine", and that taking medication is "taking the easy way out" and just "masks symptoms", she'd certainly have it coming.  Same for juicing.  Maybe Ken should juice the Lyme Carditis away, as Lori suggested for CANCER PATIENTS! (Total sarcasm, there.  Ken should 100% do what his doctors tell him to do).

Anyone remember when Lori was in the ICU?  Her praise for Ken was that he was there to correct the doctors when they thought she needed antibiotics.  Because of course Ken and Lori know better than their doctors. 

Anyway, I am on team: Lori is banned from the ICU, and that's why Ken made the no visitors post / Lori only stopped posting because people were pondering why such a godly, devoted wife would be hamming it up on social media while her husband was in the intensive care unit.

4 minutes ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

Wow. Lori didn't even use Ken's hospitalization to push some Lyme woo?

No, they only roll the dice when other people's health is at stake.

• Upvote 23

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Despite all of Lori's bullshit, I still want to give her the benefit of the doubt,  but...yeah.  If she had dropped offline, or even backed down her online activity when her husband first became seriously ill, it would be different, but it does look like she kept right on going until Ken's illness became public knowledge, so very little sympathy from me for Lori. 

That being said, I hope Ken gets better soon, using whatever conventional medicine he chooses, and if a little cannabis does make him feel better...well, I'm not going to judge!  Maybe, just mayyyyyybe, his illness will make both of them rethink their lives. I know, it's a long shot, but one can always hope. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

A few years ago, Mr. No suddenly landed in the ICU with what turned out to be an e-coli infection.    I was too worried about him to even think about social media, it was enough to make the necessary calls to our families and to his work.  Other than that, I was with him in his room most of the day.  

I don't think it's necessarily weird to be on social media while a loved one is in the hospital. We brought my dad to the hospital last summer and stayed with him for hours in the emergency room and, yes, I posted on Facebook that's that's where we were and expressed gratitude for the amazing medical care he was getting. It felt good to have friends' support. I played puzzles on my phone to deal with the boredom of waiting, but I could easily see myself reading other people's posts and maybe commenting, as entertainment or distraction.

What's weird about Lori isn't that she's on social media at all, it's the that she's on it full-bore, business-as-usual, and being a damn bitch instead of having some perspective on life. I mean, that's her whole shtick, but you'd think husband-in-the-hospital might soften her a bit. Apparently not. (Though, since "mother on deathbed" didn't either, I don't know why I expected better.)

Lori really does seem to treat her whiny, bitchy little posts like a JOB. Y'know how someone might take comfort in the structure and routine of going back to work even when upset, and appreciate looking outward and helping others. This is Lori's purpose, y'all: she micromanages women on the internet. IF SHE DOESN'T, WOMEN MIGHT MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS!!! Can't have that. She's needed! (Cue the bat signal--or maybe an einkorn bread symbol??)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

45 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I wonder if this situation will make Ken give some thought to his life with Lori. If he has been at all unhappy with her internet behavior, maybe he’ll realize life is too short to put up with that nonsense. Maybe he’ll make her cut it out

Not just her internet behavior but maybe he might have a good think about having a wife whose priorities are so out of whack,  not to mention her incessant need for attention, that she can't be arsed to be there for him in the way he has has been there for her (by her own admission even if they did argue with the docs).     This should actually scare him in the event he is incapacitated and / or the situation is life threatening, likely not now but in the future.  

2 minutes ago, Petronella said:

I don't think it's necessarily weird to be on social media while a loved one is in the hospital. We brought my dad to the hospital last summer and stayed with him for hours in the emergency room and, yes, I posted on Facebook that's that's where we were and expressed gratitude for the amazing medical care he was getting.

No I don't think it is weird to be on social media posting about someone being in the hospital and updating on the situation.  What is weird when Lori (or anyone really) posts and carries on like business as usual, when there clearly is something happening that might take priority over ranting (or whatever that person's business as usual is).   My apologies, I was not very clear on that.  

• Upvote 11

If my daughter was expecting a baby on September 1, I would probably make sure I was home from August 1, until the baby arrived.  So many unexpected things can happen and I would be heartbroken to miss the birth of a grandchild. I would also hate to think I was unavailable for all the support needed leading up to and right after delivery. 

I just still cannot wrap my mind around the fact thar Ken and Lori were even in Door County this last month.  I am not saying, at all, that Ken deserves this illness. I just find the whole vacation thing so bewildering and sad. 

If Alyssa had any question at all as to what she means to her mother, this summer trip should have clarified things very well. 

• Upvote 16

• Coconut Flan locked this topic