IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

2 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

german nurses can be quiet famous for their "brisk" attitude

Yep! Had alot of Slovenian, Polish, Portuguese etc nurses - very different! And loads of male (German) nurses - who were more careful about maintaining privacy while washing patients, for example. I mean, the German attitude to nudty is very healthy and all that, but I do think most of us prefer not to be lying naked with opened curtains and doors as visitors come in... The US nurses were brilliant about *not* doing that!

This particular nurse was reassuringly efficient and competent - but she also looked like Angela Merkel. I had some very strange hallucinations involving the star ship Enterprise, Germany winning the world cup, and Merkel when this nurse was my attending, and I was slowly coming off the drugs!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20

9 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Nothing. She has been asked point-blank about helping those in need, and has either deleted or ignored the questions. 

And I have no idea about the religious beliefs of any of the doctors I come in contact with.  It has never been relevant to patient care, so I don't give a damn.  

I have only ever had that come up once, and it was the first pediatrician/family doctor we found when we moved to Tulsa in the early 90's.  And the reason it came up was because he paused in his examination of my baby daughter to lecture me on how I should have all the children I could because God would take care of them, birth control is evil, etc., and then he got mad when I told him it was extremely irresponsible to have children knowing that I could not afford to feed them.  At the time, I had not heard of quiverfull.  We never went back to him again.  I should have complained but I simply did not think about it.

The only other time I ever had any inkling of a doctor's faith belief was because the wonderful allergist my daughter saw happened to be a friend of my boss and I knew he went to the same church. But it was never part of her medical care.

I don't care if they are a believer, non-believer, believe in anything specific.  I care about their qualifications as a doctor/dentist/nurse/pharmacist/etc.

On 8/28/2019 at 2:26 PM, feministxtian said:

When Mr. Xtian was in the hospital, I usually did not stay the night. Depending on the admission, I'd be there from 8-12 hours a day, every day. This last time w/hospice, I honestly didn't stay long at each visit, I'd go in the morning for a couple of hours, grab some food, make some phone calls, go back for a few hours repeat. Yesterday I left about 5pm, they called me back about 7 since his insulin cannula had come out so I went back and replaced it, left about 8. He died about 4 1/2 hours later. By then, it was painful to sit with him, he was actively dying, struggling to breathe. All I did was cry. 

I am happy that the last semi-coherent thing he said was "I love you" to me and puckered his lips up for a kiss. That was Sunday night. 

I am so sorry to hear this, and I am sorry that I'm late but I just got my computer back from the repair and have to catch up.  I am so sorry for your loss, the love you shared with your husband has always been so obvious from your posts and so wonderful. You are in my prayers.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

9 hours ago, louisa05 said:

So have you all never heard of the "Christian Business" Directories? 

They are published in quite a few metro areas. Businesses buy an ad and then, by default, the evangelicals who use the things assume that business is run by fellow evangelicals. The Christian school used to acquire new ones each year en masse and distribute them to teachers. A woman my mother worked with gave her the one for their city once. 

My favorite was the gas station/mechanic that my family used always had an ad in it. The owner was the father of a classmate of mine at Catholic high school. Very devout Catholic family that the evangelicals taking their cars there because of that ad would not have considered "Christian" at all. 

The evangelicals and charismatics I worked with at the Christian school were obsessed with any and all people they did business with believing the same way they did. If you mentioned a dentist, doctor, optometrist, stylist, mechanic, etc...they would ask if the person or the owner of the business was a Christian. I have no doubt that Ken or Lori asked everyone in the hospital. But the fun part is that some of those people may be regular church attenders in denominations that Ken and Lori would not consider Christian but answered their question in the affirmative. 

ETA: Like all things, it's online now. Here you go. If you're in the U.S., you can find the nearest city: 

https://christianbusinessdirectoryonline.com/

I used to work with a woman who would only hire Christian contractors, use Christian doctors, etc.  Her brother, also a devout Christian, told her that sometimes, you are better off hiring someone who does NOT advertise their religious beliefs.  His church hired a "Christian" contractor to fix the roof.  This bloke was given a deposit (over $50,000) and never did any of the work.  He pointed out that ANYONE can say "I'm a Christian business owner". 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

@CelticGoddess, the garage that we took my MINI to for work on the clutch last year used to post scripture verses on their sign.  Well, when they replaced my clutch they did something to the engine and I had to replace that.  The engine did not make noise before the clutch was replaced, but it sure as hell did afterward.  I don't know if what they did was intentional or not but it makes me mad.  I'll never take my car to that garage again.

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 2

12 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

And I have no idea about the religious beliefs of any of the doctors I come in contact with.  It has never been relevant to patient care, so I don't give a damn.  

I'm a Christian, and my spirituality is important to me.  But it's not important my doctor be a Christian, only that s/he understands and respects that my spirituality is important to me.  Does that make sense?  My doctor (surgeon, nurse, etc.) doesn't have to be the same religion (or even not belong to a religion) to take care of me effectively. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

Lori is making up for lost time in her self-imposed SM fast.  I would bet that when Ken went in through the ED he was assigned an intensivist, an infectious disease doc, a cardiologist, and a hospitalist.  You don't get to pick and choose a hospitalist.  I don't know why Lori worries so much about the religious beliefs of Ken's doctors when she practices voodoo.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

16 minutes ago, Dana723 said:

I'm a Christian, and my spirituality is important to me.  But it's not important my doctor be a Christian, only that s/he understands and respects that my spirituality is important to me.  Does that make sense?  My doctor (surgeon, nurse, etc.) doesn't have to be the same religion (or even not belong to a religion) to take care of me effectively. 

It does make sense, and that sounds cool to me.  :)

8 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Lori is making up for lost time in her self-imposed SM fast. .

I suspect she's going to double down on her bullshit now, because Ken has been in the care of nurses who are smart, kind, and concerned about his well-being...all characteristics that Lori lacks. I think she feels threatened, knowing that she doesn't measure up. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

Any business that claims to be a "Christian" business I stay FAR away from. They know they can rip people off and be forgiven since they're "Christians"...no thanks, give me a heathen satan worshipper who actually gives a flying fuck about their reputation in the wider community. 

One more...my lawyer...no idea what religion he is, don't give a fuck. He's the most ethical lawyer I've ever met. He practices law with ethics, honor and integrity. That's all I need to know. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, hollyfeller said:

Lori is ranting about Susan B. Anthony on Twitter today for some reason.

sba.JPG

I agree with @delphinium65- Ken has been surrounded by capable and intelligent women, many of whom are likely wives and mothers. I don’t know who she thinks would fill those roles- nursing shortages have been a concern for years, along with general healthcare provider shortages. 

Lori and Ken’s stupidity could have resulted in Ken’s death. 

1 hour ago, CelticGoddess said:

I used to work with a woman who would only hire Christian contractors, use Christian doctors, etc.  Her brother, also a devout Christian, told her that sometimes, you are better off hiring someone who does NOT advertise their religious beliefs.  His church hired a "Christian" contractor to fix the roof.  This bloke was given a deposit (over $50,000) and never did any of the work.  He pointed out that ANYONE can say "I'm a Christian business owner". 

I think that true Christian businesses shouldn’t have to advertise as such- they should be know for their fair, reliable, and equitable service to others. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On Ken’s public Facebook page, a woman commented about his illness and Ken said that his favorite nurse reminded him of her at age 27.  I doubt Lori liked that. 

I am having “Zsu with the the OB” kind of rage with this whole thing. Ken and Lori will go on screeching about the evils of traditional medicine and working women when we all know his life was just saved by both. I think Lori would rather have seen Ken get substandard care than admit that smart capable women helped to save his life. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

7 hours ago, Zebedee said:

Yep! Had alot of Slovenian, Polish, Portuguese etc nurses - very different! And loads of male (German) nurses - who were more careful about maintaining privacy while washing patients, for example. I mean, the German attitude to nudty is very healthy and all that, but I do think most of us prefer not to be lying naked with opened curtains and doors as visitors come in... The US nurses were brilliant about *not* doing that!

This particular nurse was reassuringly efficient and competent - but she also looked like Angela Merkel. I had some very strange hallucinations involving the star ship Enterprise, Germany winning the world cup, and Merkel when this nurse was my attending, and I was slowly coming off the drugs!

I had a wonderfull male nurse after my gastric sleeve surgery 3 years ago. Very caring and good looking, I would have married him on the spot :D .Yes, the attitude for nudity is sometimes to much, esp with older nurses. And that reminds me of my first gyn as a teen, she had 2 small cabins before her exam room where you put your clothes off before going in. All talk besides the exam where with you naked below your belly buttom *shudder*.

5 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

sba.JPG

Of course Lori is happy to be dependend on Ken's income, because he brings home quiet some cash for her to spend and didn't give a fuck about her either. If Ken would be another Michael Pearl she would have run years ago without looking back.

• Upvote 12

Susan B. Anthony:

“There is not a woman born who desires to eat the bread of dependence, no matter whether it be from the hand of father, husband, or brother; for anyone who does so eat her bread places herself in the power of the person from whom she takes it.”

Lori Alexander: Make it Einkorn, slather it with $14/lb. butter, and I'll convince that son of a bitch that he's got all the power, even though I know better.

(paraphrasing, of course)

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

Susan B. Anthony:

Lori Alexander: Make it Einkorn, slather it with $14/lb. butter, and I'll convince that son of a bitch that he's got all the power, even though I know better.

(paraphrasing, of course)

LOL

Lori fails to understand that since there is no guarantee of "men protection," women know that have to be able to rely on themselves, whether they get married and have a family or not.  But since Lori went straight from daddy to Ken she has no concept of anything else.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

8 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I think that true Christian businesses shouldn’t have to advertise as such- they should be know for their fair, reliable, and equitable service to others. 

Amen to that!

9 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

sba.JPG

The problem is... as usual, Lori speaks from a point of ignorance and privilege. She is railing and ranting against a woman who:

- Was raised in an environment of oppression and strict rules.

- Dropped out of school to assist her family financially.

- Did the same work a man did and got paid significantly less.

- Supported a mother of seven by caring for her children so this mother could write. 

- Sided with the abused wives of drunken men by organizing a convention of women that created the Women's Temperance Society. She did this when men didn't allow her to speak at the established Temperance convention.  

. Fought for equality in education and for equal pay for male and female teachers.

- Helped women in impoverished situations.

While in Europe in 1883, Anthony helped a desperately poor Irish mother of six children. Noting that "the evidences were that 'God' was about to add a No. 7 to her flock", she later commented, "What a dreadful creature their God must be to keep sending hungry mouths while he withholds the bread to fill them!"

With Lori and her friends, Anthony couldn't have been more right when she said this:

We shall someday be heeded, and when we shall have our amendment to the Constitution of the United States, everybody will think it was always so, just exactly as many young people think that all the privileges, all the freedom, all the enjoyments which woman now possesses always were hers. They have no idea of how every single inch of ground that she stands upon today has been gained by the hard work of some little handful of women of the past.

Susan B. Anthony, 1894

• Upvote 12
  • Love 9

On 8/22/2019 at 1:52 PM, hollyfeller said:

This is on IG today. She can’t comprehend that equality does not solely mean physical qualities. And also equal does not equal identical, you moron!

366BF8DB-BF3B-44C8-AAB5-24C30208AEE6.jpeg.a17ffdb302111bd65d525f421a12f040.jpeg

Lori wouldn't understand nuance if it came up and bit her on the face.

RE: opening jar lids - I don't have the hand strength anymore to break the seal a lot of the time, but a super easy trick is to take a butter knife and side it in under one of the little indent spots on the lid.   Gently pull the butter knife up to pop the seal and then the jar is usually easy enough to open.   No command man required ;) 

Edited by Curious
spacing
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

So no posts on FB or IG- but she’s tweeting away. I guess she doesn’t want her leghumpers to think she’s anything less than a doting, caring, submissive wife. 

This whole experience just might be her final unraveling. 

Im adding popcorn to my grocery list. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

That Susan B. Anthony stuff is wild even for her. I would speculate that the stress of Ken being sick has stretched her a little thin, but my guess is there's a substantial life insurance policy and Lori is the beneficiary. Maybe she's trying to go ViRaL again. Can we expect another flowchart in the near future? 

• Upvote 10

Lori is the ultimate hypocrite.  She spends her days railing against birth control, vaccinations and traditional medicine, but when she has a brain tumor or Ken has a heart problem it’s straight to the hospital for real, quality medical care.

Then she says it’s okay because the doctors were “Christian.”  So I suppose every doctor, nurse, technician, therapist, food service worker, environmental service worker etc. was male and also the “right” kind of Christian or else Ken and Lori’s money might have gone to support a working mother or someone else who hates God’s Perfect Ways.

• Upvote 13

The owner of our local business is a Christian used car salesman. Heh a perfect job for this guy I suppose. He was one of the men, I'm pretty sure he was a deacon at the time, that stood by while our ex pastor slandered my family; read a ten page paper about my family in front of the church; and then drove us out. What an upstanding Christian man to watch while a family who poured their heart and soul into a church is driven out. 

Lori is back again with not being able to understand something beyond black and white thinking. I mean, I deeply appreciate the protection BOTH my parents offered me when I was young. However, I couldn't stay under it forever because life happens. Going to college was a way to make a life for myself outside of my small town. I can appreciate something without expecting to have it forever. Also even back in Anthony's time many men were piss poor protectors. Maybe Lori should offer to switch places with a single mother of three whose husband was abusive so they had to leave to find out what it's like to struggle. 

Edited by Sarah92
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

9 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Maybe Lori should offer to switch places with a single mother of three whose husband was abusive so they had to leave to find out what it's like to struggle. 

I'd take it a bit further.  Lori should switch places with a mother of a dozen kids, 3 or 4 of them under the age of 6, homeschool the ones 6 and over, keep the house spotlessly clean, provide 3 homecooked meals a day-no slimy salads and salmonella dressing, serve an abusive man's every whim, and cheerfully give him his 10 minutes and lube whenever required.  I'm positive that she would change her tune if she had to live the same way she commands her followers.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 5

I get a man protecting his woman and family. I think most men would. 

However, if my husband was defending us against a robber in the middle of the night I would at least grab a baseball bat and have his back 

Of course, most men never have to do something like that.  The closest thing we ever had was having to go to the basement during a tornado. He kinda laid over me to cover me.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

I did a quick Google on Lyme Carditis and found that Lyme disease may have lingering effects for weeks, months, or years.  I don't wish Ken ill, but if he does have any effects, what is Lori going to do?  I guess she'll have to hire a live in nurse because she's certainly not going to take care of him.

"Chronic Lyme disease, late-stage Lyme disease, and post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome are all names for vaguely defined conditions in which people experience symptoms they and their physicians have trouble explaining.

Symptoms can include debilitating fatigue, muscle and joint pain, headaches, mental fog causing difficulty with memory or finding words, irritability, and sleeplessness.

Some people who experience these symptoms have been previously diagnosed with, and treated for, Lyme disease."

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Frog99 said:

So no posts on FB or IG- but she’s tweeting away. I guess she doesn’t want her leghumpers to think she’s anything less than a doting, caring, submissive wife. 

This whole experience just might be her final unraveling. 

Im adding popcorn to my grocery list. 

Lori is basically having a meltdown on Twitter today.  And then whining about the harsh comments she gets.  *shocked face*

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic