IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Predictably, some of her leghumpers are recommending alternative treatments.

I actually was wondering if delaying traditional treatment increased the likelihood of Lyme's carditis.

Lyme is terrible.  This is truly an awful experience that I don't wish on anyone. 

Sometimes reliance on woo can be the reason things progress to severe stages.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

23 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

No I don't think it is weird to be on social media posting about someone being in the hospital and updating on the situation.  What is weird when Lori (or anyone really) posts and carries on like business as usual, when there clearly is something happening that might take priority over ranting (or whatever that person's business as usual is).   My apologies, I was not very clear on that. 

As I've said before, when Mr. Xtian is in the hospital or times like now, I use social media quite a bit. Beats the hell out of hundreds of calls and text messages. And yes, I play games or read while he's in the hospital, it helps to keep the anxiety and ADHD away by distracting me. I've argued with doctors but only when armed to the teeth with research. I will dismiss rude doctors and nurses and request new ones...I can be a total bitch then. But, I do it to get him the BEST care I can, even when dealing with the incompentsy of the VA medical system. You wouldn't believe what I told the chief of oncology there when I realized his "oncologist" was dicking us around. (or maybe you would).

• Upvote 2
  • Love 19

@feministxtian

I do believe about the level of care and having to fight for is.  

Thank goodness he has you as an advocate.  I'm praying that both of you would be surrounded by those who will strive to only choose the very best for you both, and take the time to offer kindness.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Couple  of thoughts:

1- just BEC, but Lori and Ken have referred to it as “lyme’s” disease and “Lyme’s carditis”. Just a pet peeve but it’s Lyme disease and Lyme carditis.  Named after Lyme Connecticut.  Sorry you can all throw tomatoes! Lol

2- maybe her short break will give her a sense a relief from the daily “pressure” of having to constantly Be online , criticize others and generally just be an asshole online  I don’t necessarily think her beliefs will change but it has to be exhausting maintaining this level of online presence  and especially the last few weeks when she’s been absolutely frantic and derailed  in her screeds  . Here’s hoping but I have little confidence 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

As I've said before, when Mr. Xtian is in the hospital or times like now, I use social media quite a bit. Beats the hell out of hundreds of calls and text messages. And yes, I play games or read while he's in the hospital, it helps to keep the anxiety and ADHD away by distracting me. I've argued with doctors but only when armed to the teeth with research. I will dismiss rude doctors and nurses and request new ones...I can be a total bitch then. But, I do it to get him the BEST care I can, even when dealing with the incompentsy of the VA medical system. You wouldn't believe what I told the chief of oncology there when I realized his "oncologist" was dicking us around. (or maybe you would).

My mom has been dealing with surgeries and follow-ups stemming from a car accident a few years ago.

Something I said about doctors made her comment that she is frequently a "difficult patient." And I said... Do you want to elaborate? She was kind of like, "well, I'm old but I'm not stupid. It's an effort to deal with all this shit and sometimes I don't always have someone here with me."... You two (brother and I would probably cringe)

But I was like, nah. We're far away. I'm glad she feels able to speak up about what's going on. I encourage her to keep her wits. That's what we need. And I think that's why I feel ok talking to doctors, usually. Unless it's a big scary. You do need to present yourself as a confident person and speak as such.

• Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Couple  of thoughts:

1- just BEC, but Lori and Ken have referred to it as “lyme’s” disease and “Lyme’s carditis”. Just a pet peeve but it’s Lyme disease and Lyme carditis.  Named after Lyme Connecticut.  Sorry you can all throw tomatoes! Lol

2- maybe her short break will give her a sense a relief from the daily “pressure” of having to constantly Be online , criticize others and generally just be an asshole online  I don’t necessarily think her beliefs will change but it has to be exhausting maintaining this level of online presence  and especially the last few weeks when she’s been absolutely frantic and derailed  in her screeds  . Here’s hoping but I have little confidence 

No tomatoes from my direction. It drives me crazy too. If they are going to talk about an illness and refer to it numerous times, getting the name right seems like common sense. Over the weekend I listened to a conversation in which three people kept saying “ALTHEIMERS” instead of “Alzheimers.”  Ugh. 

I think Lori might be having some anxiety over her social media break. I bet she is trying to find some way to post without her main followers knowing.  I think she is at least composing posts and comments so she can post them in a few days.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

Lori slathered in tomato slime is a satisfying image.

• Haha 18

43 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

1- just BEC, but Lori and Ken have referred to it as “lyme’s” disease and “Lyme’s carditis”. Just a pet peeve but it’s Lyme disease and Lyme carditis.  Named after Lyme Connecticut.

That bugs me too.  I'd lose QA points if I transcribed it that way.  

Edited by delphinium65
Fumblefingers, again
  • Upvote 9

I do wish a speedy recovery for Ken, because Lori will be a bitchy mother to her kids, if something bad happens to Ken, expecting them to dole out money so she can live the way she does now. Too bad if they're about to have new babies, have their own families. Lori wants her $14 butter and $75 bargain skirts! 

And why isn't Lori pushing for Ken to use woo? I thought that she had a IG post about how bad antibiotics are.  But now they're ok for her very own husband to use?  Again it's "do as I say, not as I do."  I really hope that her fangirls see how hypocritical Lori is.

But, I give Lori max 2 days off social media. She has a social media addiction.  Remember when FB went down? She was on Youtube. Remember how long her "I'm going to stop making Youtube videos" lasted? One day, I think.  She should just admit that she's addicted to social media.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, freealljs said:

because Lori will be a bitchy mother to her kids, if something bad happens to Ken, expecting them to dole out money so she can live the way she does now. Too bad if they're about to have new babies, have their own families. Lori wants her $14 butter and $75 bargain skirts! 

Lori has more money in the bank than she can spend now - and when Ken goes - he has a butt load of insurance.   You can count on that.  Plus when her dr dad goes, she will get her share of his.    She is going to be holding her money over her kids' heads and wanting them to do for her and threatening them that if they don't...  I've known people like her.    She will keep buying her butter and wanting the kids to spread it on her bread.   

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Lori slathered in tomato slime is a satisfying image.

Watch her tell us tomato slime is actually good for your skin.

• Disgust 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

She is going to be holding her money over her kids' heads and wanting them to do for her and threatening them that if they don't...  I've known people like her.    She will keep buying her butter and wanting the kids to spread it on her bread.   

I can completely see this especially when they establish boundaries, which considering who their mother is, they should.   I know people IRL like this too. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, freealljs said:

And why isn't Lori pushing for Ken to use woo? I thought that she had a IG post about how bad antibiotics are.  But now they're ok for her very own husband to use?  Again it's "do as I say, not as I do."  I really hope that her fangirls see how hypocritical Lori is.

You'd think Lori would eat some crow after describing all drugs as "toxic" and then informing all of her followers that Ken got antibiotics while in the ICU.  But we all know that she is not humble or self-reflective enough for that.  And she definitely will not thank the female hospital staff.

• Upvote 9

It took her 4 days of him in ICU to decide to back off of social media.  The first four days were probably the most critical in forming the treatment plan.  Of course she had to turn the post to "it's all about me."  

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, freealljs said:

I do wish a speedy recovery for Ken, because Lori will be a bitchy mother to her kids, if something bad happens to Ken, expecting them to dole out money so she can live the way she does now.

She's a bitchy mother now!

59 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

But we all know that she is not humble or self-reflective enough for that.  

Or intelligent enough.

• Upvote 10

Fundie Cards Against Humanity:

In the seventh circle of hell, sinners must endure ______________________.

Fill in the blank with your best answer.

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

I’ve had a thought on Lori’s “Taking a Break.”  

Does anybody else think Ken might have already made Lori make a change and this social media break is a result? Maybe Lori did not DECIDE to take this break. Maybe she was ordered to do so. She could not drag herself to go home to sit with her dying mother. She evidently had no plans to be home when Alyssa delivers the baby. I really don’t think she is capable of making this decision on her own. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Alyssa’s maternity photos are really beautiful. I’m impressed with her balance! I definitely lost my sense of balance by that point in my pregnancy. 

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Fundie Cards Against Humanity:

In the seventh circle of hell, sinners must endure ______________________.

Fill in the blank with your best answer.

Einkhorn bread slathered with organic butter.

Slimy salad.

Lori's YouTube channel.

This could go on and on!  

I suppose it would be too much to hope that Lori might recall her rejoicing over the misfortunes of others (RHE's death comes to mind, but it's far from the only one), and perhaps learn a little sympathy. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

12 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I’ve had a thought on Lori’s “Taking a Break.”  

Does anybody else think Ken might have already made Lori make a change and this social media break is a result? Maybe Lori did not DECIDE to take this break. Maybe she was ordered to do so. She could not drag herself to go home to sit with her dying mother. She evidently had no plans to be home when Alyssa delivers the baby. I really don’t think she is capable of making this decision on her own. 

My thoughts exactly. She probably whined to Ken about how people were on her for continuing her hate-blogging as normal without so much as a mention that her husband was very ill in the ICU, and he banned her from social media for a time as a result. I'm sure once he's home she'll be back online within hours - I'm positive he uses the internet to babysit her and keep her out of his hair. 

Let me preface this with the usual "I am no kind of doctor and don't even play one on TV", but I do watch and read some true crime stuff, and Lori reminds me so much of the psychopaths I've read about. People literally mean nothing to her unless they are benefiting her in some way. She rarely expresses any emotion unless she's prompted (like people saying how they'd feel if their husband was in the ICU, once the news got out), and then she manages to parrot some of the "correct" responses she thinks people expect. But only because it benefits her to do so. I have no doubt Ken backs up at least some of his orders to her with the threat of limiting her access to money. 

She's got other grandkids, her other children follow her edicts better, and Alyssa doesn't do much to improve Lori's "brand", so why would she cut short her vacation to be with her when her first long-awaited baby is due? Lori's mom was dying and taking all the attention, so why would Lori put herself out to go be there? Her dad was going to be too distracted to rub Lori's feet, and Lori would have to try and manufacture the appropriate reactions in order to gain sympathy, and that was too much work for lazy Lori. 

She never cared enough to make food her husband and family would like and eat, she only ever makes food SHE wants. They can fend for themselves. Unless she is invested in them eating the food she makes - once it matters to her it is a major issue. They must eat what she wants, in the amounts she wants, when she wants, and if things don't go her way we get the incident with the "raisans", or snippy passive-aggressive online shaming. 

She wanted naps, so the kids got shut in their rooms or left to be held by the nanny. She wanted to stay home all day, and when whining, begging, and making up lies about how evil her fellow teachers were didn't get her what she wanted she sabotaged her birth control. How cold do you have to be, to not only trick your husband in such a way, but to bring another person into this world for the sole purpose of keeping you from having to work? To choose your husband solely because he ticked off the correct boxes on a list? 

Everything she does is of some benefit to her. The submissive thing came about to keep Ken attached once the kids were all grown, and no longer a guaranteed tie to keep him supplying her with money. Her online presence gains her attention. Stirring up controversy and hurting people with her edicts amuses her. 

We're all probably lucky she got religious indoctrination at some point and was born female. Imagine how much damage a male Lori could do!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Alisamer, very well said. I couldn’t agree more. 

The thing that really ticked me off in the current Ken situation is when LazyLori said, on her personal FB page, that Ken’s sleep was rudely interrupted  by medical personnel at night because his monitors were going off when his heart rate would drop. I can’t even imagine thinking something like that, let alone saying it, and especially can’t imagine posting it online. She should be thanking those tattoed, hussy medical personnel from the bottom of her heart, not making snide comments about them on the internet doing their job to keep her husband alive.  What a bitch.

She is completely irredeemable, an oxygen thief of the highest order. 

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 9
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

LazyLori said, on her personal FB page, that Ken’s sleep was rudely interrupted  by medical personnel at night because his monitors were going off when his heart rate would drop.

Would Lori prefer for them to ignore the monitors and let him die?  

• Upvote 13

4 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Would Lori prefer for them to ignore the monitors and let him die?  

Weeellllll.....This is Lori we’re talking about. 

Edited by usmcmom
Additional thought
  • Upvote 16

28 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

n the current Ken situation is when LazyLori said, on her personal FB page, that Ken’s sleep was rudely interrupted  by medical personnel at night because his monitors were going off when his heart rate would drop.

I can't see her personal pages, but from what Ken has posted publicly on his FB page, at one time his heart rate was dropping into the teens and even stopping briefly.   If the heart monitor goes off, you better believe they are going to "wake you up"   You can sleep all you want once you recover or your heart is stabilized. 

I work in healthcare (non clinical tho) as I've mentioned before. A frequent complaint is that it's hard to rest in the hospital. The staff does the best they can to let a patient sleep, but their first responsibility is to make sure you don't die. And unfortunately, especially in and ICU WHERE KEN IS..there are a  lot of bells and whistle all hours of the day. They don't shut them off.  Aall that equipment is needed to help you survive. It isn't a vacation spa. This isn't an illness you can wish away with 8 hours of sleep, expensive organic ingredients, kombucha, and fresh air. It is very rare, and I hope Ken recovers, but people have died from Lyme carditis. 

Here I was feeling bad for her. I was hoping she'd have an epiphany of some sort.  Now I just want to slap her upside the head (figuratively)

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic