IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

You know what? I think her Men need Women, Women need Men thing is a total contradiction of what she's said in the past. The writing that got me started on her was talking about how men wouldn't need or want women if it wasn't for the ability to have sex. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

On her IG story, Alyssa has asked for prayers for her dad. I am sure this is very upsetting for her as they seem very close. Emily has also asked for prayers via her public Facebook page.  

Lori, of course, continues to be unfazed by her husband’s health emergency. If anything, this might extend her stay in Door County so she might as well milk it all she can and just keep doodlin’.  

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 3

15 hours ago, Koala said:

Confirmation of what someone said upthread, per Ken's very public Facebook post:

lyme.thumb.PNG.9399d19fbe10f150e1b92db667dfe91a.PNG

Good lord, that sounds terrifying. I hope @Ken recovers and suffers no long term effects from this. As we've seen with Andrea Mills and her recent passing, these things can happen so quickly. I just have a feeling that Alyssa is going to need her dad when her baby comes.  

• Upvote 11

You know what? IMHO it would be better if Lori is far away from Alyssa when she gives birth and the weeks after that. Get to enjoy the baby without Lori ruining the moment.

I'm sure she'll post some passive-aggressive bullshit thin veiled criticism, she taunted her fertility issues in the past, her clothing choices, pretty much all of Alyssa's independent choices. Pretty sure she'd stoop so low as to comment on the weight she gained during pregnancy, even though (or especially because) Alyssa struggled with an eating disorder in the past (probably brought on by mommy dearest herself).

She will definitely comment on her parenting choices, for not smacking the newborn for 4 hours if the babe doesn't unlatch on command. If the baby doesn't sleep through the night during the first week, it will be Alyssa's fault. For not carefully hand labeling bowls so as to discern which is baby vomit and which is the slimy-soup-salad Lori generously provided..something ridiculous like that. I doubt Alyssa can do right by Lori. Distance does make the heart grow fonder in some cases...

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 24

I totally agree with you @squiddysquid  

Alyssa will find her first weeks as a mother to be much more peaceful if her mother is not there. I only hope Alyssa feels this way and is not still holding on to hope that her mom would be loving and helpful with a new baby. Sometimes it can be really hard to let go of family ideals. 

Edited by usmcmom
Hit “submit” too soon.
  • Upvote 18

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

You know what? I think her Men need Women, Women need Men thing is a total contradiction of what she's said in the past. The writing that got me started on her was talking about how men wouldn't need or want women if it wasn't for the ability to have sex. 

Lori definite doesn't understand the concept of finding someone you enjoy being with and marrying that person.  Not just for sex, not just for a live-in housekeeper, not for a paycheck, but because you genuinely want to be with someone!  That's truly the reason I got married because I was perfectly independent on my own.  (Not sure of my ex's motivations, but do know that he loved me.  He wouldn't have married me otherwise.)

• Upvote 12

I got a few days behind on Lori, due to my excitement about finally seeing the ludicrous acting of Doug the Tool as a redcoat.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that Lori just went on (and online) as usual when Ken was having a major health crisis. As long as she has access to his bank account, she's fine.

I don't know which beach picture Lori posted from that link, but there are chubby people in some of those pictures. There are also some very skimpy swimsuits -- tsk, tsk, Lori.

I have used just about every trick for opening jars mentioned above, and have never needed a man to do so. Many years ago, someone was running for office where my parents lived, and, as a campaign gimmick, sent out rubber squares that said to vote for him to "get a grip on government spending."  His last name was Gladek, so, ever since, in my family, the rubber doohickey for opening jars has been called a gladek!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21

Lori Alexander looks like she doesn't even brush or comb her hair anymore. She makes zero effort to look presentable. Why doesn't she just record what she has to say with no video? Lots of YouTubers do that. She's scary looking now.

• Upvote 10

So according to Alyssa, he's been in the ICU since Wed. 

All that time, and Lori is just posting away, like she doesn't have a care in the world.  Pure crazy.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Koala said:

So according to Alyssa, he's been in the ICU since Wed. 

All that time, and Lori is just posting away, like she doesn't have a care in the world.  Pure crazy.  

Have you ever noticed I tend to go quiet when hubs is in the hospital? She probably can't be assed to go to the hospital to be with her husband. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I don't know how she's still posting. When my dad was in the hospital from December to later February I believe (I was so stressed during that time that I can't remember dates) it was hard to concentrate on anything else. I spent nights at the hospital  and then would drive to work in the morning. But he's been in the ICU since Wednesday and barely a peep about it. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

So, I looked up Alyssa's (public - 10,3k followers - so I guess she is ok with sharing) Instagram. She is due in a week on Sept 1st!

alyssahustedt instagram

She does post about how nothing made her appreciate her body more than this pregnancy and she seems very fit, happy and confident. She even did a ballerina maternity shoot (pointe shoes in her 3rd trimester - impressive) they're beautiful photos - though definitely not up to Lori's modesty standards. It does look like she views her body in a very positive way now - good on her!

Screenshot_2019-08-25-13-43-41.png

Screenshot_2019-08-25-13-43-35.png

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

Curable or not, if my husband were in the hospital, FB would be the last thing on my mind. It’s pathetic that Lori is so focused on gaining attention for herself. 

Ken does have a post about family/friends not calling or visiting because it’s emotionally stressful- I wonder if that means Lori as well- or if it especially means Lori. Can you imagine your spouse telling you not to visit or call because you can’t behave and act decent?

I also think it’s a strange request to put out on FB, but the whole family is strange so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Lori Alexander looks like she doesn't even brush or comb her hair anymore. She makes zero effort to look presentable. Why doesn't she just record what she has to say with no video? Lots of YouTubers do that. She's scary looking now.

I agree with you on her hair. This is probably BEC on my part, but I find it funny that Lori constantly knocks overweight people for how they look, yet she doesn't really take some pride in at least looking presentable(hair wise) for her videos and pictures. I'll admit that I'll sometimes sport the messy hair look on days that I'm not leaving the house. But, if I was vlogging or doing other social media stuff I would be combing my hair and looking presentable. 

I feel bad for Alyssa. She probably wishes she could hop on a plane and go to Wisconsin. As much as I dislike Ken, I hope Alyssa or one of the other kids sticks up for Ken and calls out Lori on her shit.   

• Upvote 9

Ken is still commenting on her blog. On Aug 23 he left a long comment to someone who accused lori of apostasy.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Ken is still commenting on her blog. On Aug 23 he left a long comment to someone who accused lori of apostasy.

I couldn’t find the post you refer to, but WOW!  He finds visits too stressful (which I understand) but can get on Lori’s blog and fight her battles?  I wonder if he chose to do that or if Lori marched into the ICU and whined at him until he grabbed his phone and started typing. Or maybe he finds arguing with strangers on the internet to be a calming activity. So many questions.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

The visitors stress me out thing might be about Lori (can't argue with him there)

or maybe his 39 week pregnant daughter wanted to get in her car and visit and he wants to keep her safe.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

The only time I can remember doing the social media thing during an illness was when *I* was hanging out in the ER after having been diagnosed with a TIA (mini-stroke). The unanimous response from my friends: “WTF are you doing on Facebook?”

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I couldn’t find the post you refer to, but WOW!  He finds visits too stressful (which I understand) but can get on Lori’s blog and fight her battles?  I wonder if he chose to do that or if Lori marched into the ICU and whined at him until he grabbed his phone and started typing. Or maybe he finds arguing with strangers on the internet to be a calming activity. So many questions.  

It’s on the actual blog post about women and vile affections. Typical word salad response. 

• Upvote 8

When Mr Wrangles was in the ICU, I used FB merely to pass on information to our UK based families. Generally a one or two sentence update. The rest of my time, I was talking about various things I read on my phone. Latest sports results, funny news items as well as family details.

I certainly wasn't blogging about how awful other people were.

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

https://thetransformedwife.com/feminism-leads-to-vile-affections/

• WTF 8

Ken must have a laptop in the hospital to keep up with his business.  Bless the ICU staff who has to care for Ken, especially if Lori is around.  I'm guessing he would be a low-intensity care patient not like a fresh heart or vent.  Maybe they're taking pity on him and not giving him a restricted diet and Lori is probably having a fit about the food since it's not slimy salad.  

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic