IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

11 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Instagram alert! Lori has picked Ken up at the hospital and they are returning to the cabin. 

Well, there went whatever peace and quiet (relatively speaking, considering ICU location) that he had. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

When Mr. Xtian was in the hospital, I usually did not stay the night. Depending on the admission, I'd be there from 8-12 hours a day, every day. This last time w/hospice, I honestly didn't stay long at each visit, I'd go in the morning for a couple of hours, grab some food, make some phone calls, go back for a few hours repeat. Yesterday I left about 5pm, they called me back about 7 since his insulin cannula had come out so I went back and replaced it, left about 8. He died about 4 1/2 hours later. By then, it was painful to sit with him, he was actively dying, struggling to breathe. All I did was cry. 

I am happy that the last semi-coherent thing he said was "I love you" to me and puckered his lips up for a kiss. That was Sunday night. 

I know there are no words that help at a time like this but please know we're all holding you in our hearts. I feel like we've been on this journey with you every step of the way and that doesn't end now that your beloved has gone. We're here xxxxx

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 28

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I am happy that the last semi-coherent thing he said was "I love you" to me and puckered his lips up for a kiss. That was Sunday night. 

I'm so very sorry for your loss. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Lori has picked Ken up at the hospital and they are returning to the cabin. 

Back on social media in 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 ...

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

When Mr. Xtian was in the hospital, I usually did not stay the night. Depending on the admission, I'd be there from 8-12 hours a day, every day. This last time w/hospice, I honestly didn't stay long at each visit, I'd go in the morning for a couple of hours, grab some food, make some phone calls, go back for a few hours repeat. Yesterday I left about 5pm, they called me back about 7 since his insulin cannula had come out so I went back and replaced it, left about 8. He died about 4 1/2 hours later. By then, it was painful to sit with him, he was actively dying, struggling to breathe. All I did was cry. 

I am so sorry.  I hope you can find peace knowing he is no longer suffering.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 10

4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

He died about 4 1/2 hours later. By then, it was painful to sit with him, he was actively dying, struggling to breathe. All I did was cry. 

I am so very very sorry for your loss.

I will hold you, your husband and your family in my thoughts.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 11

4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

He died about 4 1/2 hours later. By then, it was painful to sit with him, he was actively dying, struggling to breathe. All I did was cry. 

I ache for you. Dying is hard work. Sitting with a loved one while they pass is excruciating. 

He left you quite a wonderful gift in his last words to you. I hope they, and good memories, bring you comfort in the months to come. 

• I Agree 6
  • Love 10

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got to have that last sweet moment with him.
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 12

@feministxtian I'm sorry to hear that your hubby has passed. The love and courage that you've shared here throughout all your suffering is a testament to you as a woman, a wife, and a Christian. My heart goes out to you.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 18

7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

So sorry for your loss 

• Love 10

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband.  You have been a strong woman, standing with him through his illness.  Take care of yourself and know you are loved by your FJ family.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 8

@feministxtian I am so very sorry. I've been a widow for about 18 months now. It gets easier, but they are never gone from your heart. Sending you love and light.?

• Love 20

And on her "Ken is home" post this morning comes this useful advice:

"Turpentine, not from home depot but pure organic turpentine, may be something you want to look into as it has shown benefits for treating lymes"

I follow a woo page on FB, and apparently people are always drinking poison on purpose ("pure organic" or otherwise).  "We don't believe in doctors but let's black salve it, drinking paint thinner, and everything BUT believe in science"

In the meantime, it was modern medicine, technology and antibiotics that saved Ken's life. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 13
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 8
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

"Turpentine, not from home depot but pure organic turpentine, may be something you want to look into as it has shown benefits for treating lymes"

I follow a woo page on FB, and apparently people are always drinking poison on purpose ("pure organic" or otherwise).  "We don't believe in doctors but let's black salve it, drinking paint thinner, and everything BUT believe in science"

In the meantime, it was modern medicine, technology and antibiotics that saved Ken's life. 

You beat me to it. LOL. I had just copied the turpentine comment to paste over here, after spending about five minutes shaking my head in disbelief.What the hell is WRONG with these people? :pb_confused:

So far, not one single person in the comments there has mentioned modern medicine, technology, or antibiotics. Or the hardworking, long-suffering staff, most of whom were likely female, married, with children. Lori does mention, in her blog post, that ALL of Ken's cardiologists were Christians, though. But they were probably all men, so they would deserve mention, wouldn't they? :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

26 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

What the actual F??!  Ken was given antibiotics, as Lori says in today's blog post ('He was diagnosed with Lyme Carditis and put on antibiotics').  

And that bit about all of the cardiologists being Christians?  I'm calling bullshit on that, unless Lori means 'Christians'...you know, the kind she usually says 'hate God and his perfect ways' because they don't live in her custom-designed prison.  Or maybe they realized she was, let's just say difficult, and figured it would be easier to just say 'yeah, I'm a Christian' than to deal with her.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Or maybe they realized she was, let's just say difficult, and figured it would be easier to just say 'yeah, I'm a Christian' than to deal with her.  

I can see her being totally difficult so they tell her what she wants to hear to shut her up and get to doing what they need to do.  

And that organic turpentine woo.... wtf? 

• Upvote 14

Clearly by "Christian" Lori means that the cardiologists were white, right? Gotta keep those white supremacist followers happy. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

12 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Clearly by "Christian" Lori means that the cardiologists were white, right? Gotta keep those white supremacist followers happy. 

I didn't even think of that, but you're probably right. White, male (because while there are many female cardiologists, I'm sure, if Ken had had one, Lori would NOT have mentioned them at all, would she? :my_dodgy:), and Christian. Or 'Christian.' Of course, even so, she didn't bother thanking them, any more than she thanked the rest of the staff. It's fine to praise God for healing--I do it, myself--but please, Lori, thank the hospital staff, too. It's the gracious thing to do. 

• Upvote 8

@feministxtian there are no words to make you feel better. Know he is not suffering and it is okay to cry. I thought when my dad finally went that I wouldn’t cry. I spent years being told he could go any time which caused lots of crying. I still cry nine years later. :hug:

• Love 18

Fuck you, Lori. The cardiac surgeon Dr. Hiroyoshi Takata saved my mother’s life in 1995, and was the only one of the five heart surgeons at Hartford Hospital who wasn’t afraid to operate on her. The rest (all white guys, as I recall—no idea of their religion) were all afraid she’d die on the table. Mom got to live long enough to celebrate her 50th anniversary and meet my baby sister’s first child.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 15

• Coconut Flan locked this topic