Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Bethella

"The Unsullied" Unmarried Fundies 7

Recommended Posts

TuringMachine

Do we keep track of the roloffs on this list? If we do, Jacob married his girlfriend Izzy on saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethella
4 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Do we keep track of the roloffs on this list? If we do, Jacob married his girlfriend Izzy on saturday.

The only ones on the married list are Molly and Joel but we've kept track of Audrey and Tori's pregnancies, so we might as well add Jacob and Izzy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JanasTattooParlor

Not really an update since we all knew it was true, but Trace officially announced with a magazine article that he and Chaney Grace Kahle are dating. So in Bates terms I’m assuming that’s courting but with all of their different terms, who knows. 

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neurogirl

According to the article they were "getting to know" each other for the past 8 months so I'd say yes they are now courting. Of course, as its the Bateses, he may later have a courtship proposal that seems like an engagement. I can imagine Chaney thinking he's proposing and then being like..."oh courting? Oh yeah, I thought we were already doing that..." It's not like heart pieces aren't already involved! 

In fact, Duggar Data did an article about this. (They also think an official courtship will come later). For the Bateses, before Carlin and Josie's complete data, the average Bates had a "special friends/pre-courtship" stage of 309 days (then 236 day courtship, then 105 day engagement) vs the Duggar pre-courtship stage of 154 days. 

So Trace and Chaney's pre-courtship started 8 months ago on the ski trip, and according to the stats, they should be officially courting in a few months.

https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/173015840567/how-long-does-it-typically-take-to-go

Edited by neurogirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usedbicycle

Maybe he'll be the first of the Duggar-Bates to put an end to this nonsense and go straight from dating to engagement. The courtship is useless at this point. It's just a gimmick to claim that they're still part of the purity culture, but basically useless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
Dandruff

I'd like to see one of them elope without warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainFunderpants
On 9/12/2019 at 3:19 PM, Dandruff said:

I'd like to see one of them elope without warning.

I could see Nathan doing something like that and framing it as an anti-government type deal.

I feel like Nathan would fit in well with the Mortons. If Addie's current interest doesn't workout, maybe he should consider it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NancyDrewFan1989

Trace Bates announcing he is dating rather than courting gives me hope for him and Chaney. He seems to have rebelled against the Bates's standards in the past, like posting a fundie scandalous photo of him at a lake shirtless. Trace and Chaney do come off as fundie; but their different route by "dating" can make them more mainstream and open their eyes to the sheltered Bates world.

  • Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lexiloumarie
19 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Trace Bates announcing he is dating rather than courting gives me hope for him and Chaney. He seems to have rebelled against the Bates's standards in the past, like posting a fundie scandalous photo of him at a lake shirtless. Trace and Chaney do come off as fundie; but their different route by "dating" can make them more mainstream and open their eyes to the sheltered Bates world.

I think they've all dated, then courted so it's not really any different. Courtship for them seems to be more about pre-wedding planning then any actual difference

 

ETA: If Nathan scared off all the Roberts ladies, even Daisy then I doubt he's got a lot of options left - even the Mortons have standards and he seems more jerk then the rest. 

Edited by lexiloumarie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
6 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I think they've all dated, then courted so it's not really any different. Courtship for them seems to be more about pre-wedding planning then any actual difference

 

ETA: If Nathan scared off all the Roberts ladies, even Daisy then I doubt he's got a lot of options left - even the Mortons have standards and he seems more jerk then the rest. 

I’m pretty much positive he will find some meek fundie girl that will swoon at any kind of attention from a Bates. I’m thinking an Anna Duggar type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
llucie

Rebecca Keilen just married, and her older sister Angela is currently engaged. Alison, Craig, Cara, Christy-Ann and Amber are still single.  Shouldnt their appear on the list of single fundies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
2 hours ago, llucie said:

Rebecca Keilen just married, and her older sister Angela is currently engaged. Alison, Craig, Cara, Christy-Ann and Amber are still single.  Shouldnt their appear on the list of single fundies?

They are an interesting group because there were so many older single people in that family and suddenly they are marrying off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
llucie
2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are an interesting group because there were so many older single people in that family and suddenly they are marrying off. 

Also at least 3 of them worked for IBLP, so pretty involved in the organization but still remaining very private compared with other families.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JillyO

I came across the oldest Keilen granddaughter Kensington's public Instagram today. She is 18 and appears to live a pretty typical teenage life. She graduated from public high school this year and it appears that she may be starting at Boston University this fall if I'm not misinterpreting things.

Either way, I'm very happy that RJ's kids do not seems to be caught in IBLP's clutches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
12 hours ago, JillyO said:

I came across the oldest Keilen granddaughter Kensington's public Instagram today. She is 18 and appears to live a pretty typical teenage life. She graduated from public high school this year and it appears that she may be starting at Boston University this fall if I'm not misinterpreting things.

Either way, I'm very happy that RJ's kids do not seems to be caught in IBLP's clutches.

Her mother is a Dauer (the Dauers are friends with the Duggars). It seems to me the Dauers raised their older children pretty mainstream and didn’t mix with the fundies until later on. And that’s why their youngest kid, Cooper Dauer, seems to be friends with some of the fundies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×