IGNORED

"The Unsullied" Unmarried Fundies 7

Bethella

17 hours ago, fundiefan said:

To be fair, most fundie SAHD's have the maturity of a child. But, most aren't married off to men 15 years older than them. 

Overall, I don't take issue with age gaps. But, there are absolutely situations where it is all kinds of dangerous and wrong. Fundie-land is one of those situations. It's a world where the man is already supposed to be the headship and in control. Take one who's been running wild for 40 years, being propped up and his ego fed regularly, his head gets very, very big, Natty already had a giant head, and it's only grown by epic proportions as time has gone by. Now, he's going to marry a very naive, sheltered young woman with no experience - again, what most SAHD's are - and he is now the king of the world. 

Two young fundies marrying each other is bad enough - but they can at least grow together to some extent. When the one given all the power is already 15 years ahead of his sweet little bride, the recipe has the potential for disaster. Mostly for her. 

Plus, on a totally irrelevant note, he's not an attractive man at all and he does himself no favors with those sideburns. The last man I knew who wore sideburns regularly was my grandfather. He died in 1979.

This. My husband is not quite a decade older than me, but this is a second marriage for both of us, and we got married in my mid-30's/his early 40's after both having plenty of other life experiences (including my own fundie escape). Completely different scenario than the stunted growth mentality of fundie daughters. This marriage is going to be scary.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Once_Upon_A_Fundie said:

This. My husband is not quite a decade older than me, but this is a second marriage for both of us, and we got married in my mid-30's/his early 40's after both having plenty of other life experiences (including my own fundie escape). Completely different scenario than the stunted growth mentality of fundie daughters. This marriage is going to be scary.

Completely agree. No issue with any age gap in normal worlds. It’s the 25-but-really-15 mixed with imaMAN-so-I’m-better mixed with the patriarchal crap mixed with and I’m almost old enough to be your dad.... ?

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

I AM SUGGESTING THIS ONLY....

Could it be that he has not bought her a ring??????

Could it be that he is circling her finger to "be" the ring??

That even though I've heard from numerous "in the know" friends that 40+/- year old Natty D LIVES AT HOME with his parents and 25+ year old brother and has employment, he has not BOUGHT a freaking ring for his soon-to-be-child-bride???!!

Does it GET any more ridiculous???

It actually reminds me of something I heard once, through grapevine, that his brother Joe whose first wife left him -- I don't think he bought her a ring either. Something about this reminded me of that..... Anyone corroborate?

I thought he was making a ring with his fingers around her finger but that maybe the ring didn't fit her and needs to be resized? But considering it's Natty, your guess could be right too!

• Upvote 2

Ring or no ring, that just looks like extra steps to the classic rude hand gesture indicating a sex act...

which makes it all the better because Natty is the "ring" that Abigail is "poking". ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

Y’all. You can’t make this up. I’m dying. Natty Darnell! and the Wide Stance of DPWIAT fame. And the 1870’s sideburns. 

EB210C9D-25B3-4358-A201-997CF46F2DDC.png

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 17

Since there isn‘t a picture with her ring I assume he didn‘t propose with one?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Y’all. You can’t make this up. I’m dying. Natty Darnell! and the Wide Stance of DPWIAT fame. And the 1870’s sideburns. 

EB210C9D-25B3-4358-A201-997CF46F2DDC.png

Dear Jebus - this man has serious issues. WTF makes him, or anyone, thinking standing like that, is acceptable? He looks like he's standing over her, making sure she knows who has the penis! And, just in case she doesn't quite get it, look, I have to stand with legs far apart because I have a real man's penis! 

Either that or a comedy sketch that didn't make the cut for whatever variety show he's auditioning for. 

Can you imagine having such arrogance? Such a huge ego that your every move/stance tells the world what an insufferable ass you are? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Devin Wikstrom and Lauren Andregg officially postponed their wedding, which was supposed to be on April 18th

Spoiler

0E477CFB-DDDB-4EC7-A0C0-8DB4F2C199F8.thumb.jpeg.7d55532f52ff88c3109b43770e1be340.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic